Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Like I said in an earlier post, I hate having to wait four months for a sad premier ending! It's so frustrating!!

I agree with delkolover that she'll be consumed with worry and fear up until he wakes up. The thing is, what exactly happens when he wakes up???? I don't think it's amnesia because he does call Nat to ask about Cal, so he knows there's a different relationship between them. So what? Is he really angry that he ended in a hospital bed because she shot at him? That's just so not reasonable! He put himself in that situation because he just HAD to help his dad. Very noble and sweet of him, but his doing nonetheless. Calleigh was following protocol and training and had NO idea that he was going to be in the middle of the shootout, fleeing the scene. So if the writers decide to go with this I will be MAD! If it is so imperative that EC take a break at the beginning of the season then they'll better have a better excuse!

I just thought of something. What if 801 ends with Eric still sleeping/unconscious and nothing happening between them. Suddenly 802 starts and we get the Natalia scene letting us known that something happened but not revealing what. Then they leave us wondering until 803, or 804, or 805.....ahhhhh!!!!! Ok I have to stop freaking out! Sorry about that :lol:!

2. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

Why do you even bother to read anything on that thread? Judjing by the comments of some people in the spoiler thread, the ones who write in the EC romance hate thread are just frustrated that things are not going their way, and they say just about anything to vent. Their opinions/comments are REALLY not important. What matters is that the show's writers are all for the EC storyline since they built it to be an EPIC LOVE STORY! Never mind what a handfull of people think!

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Here Here!! Amen!!

I used to go in there and had to stop b/c it is just not worth it get worked up over what a whole 10 people think! They are entitled to their opinion but if they want to be negative b.c things aren't going the way they want them to, let them! They represent a small fraction of the overall viewership of the show and as you said, the writers are going to do whatever they want regardless of what some people think.

So let them have their opinions cuz we have ours. :)

4. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

So many possibilites of where this could take us. I really hope that we get our happy ending sooner than later

I have to say that I would be surprised if the idea for the break was Eric's idea. Only because he has pursued her for so long. I agree with delkolover's theory that maybe by doing this Eric feels that he is protecting Calleigh.

I am glad that we are going to see Calleigh affected by Eric not calling her. For so long we have seen her tough exterior but deep down inside she is still a woman and by her showing any emotion shows that Eric has penetrated the walls that she built up.

I don't want Eric & Calleigh to have to play the will they or won't they game for the entire first half of the season like we did last season. Let them have a happy ending, they more than anyone else deserve it. They have fought so hard for this relationship, don't keep playing with them.

5. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

Here's my problem. So first, she shoots at him. Then, he's in the hospital because of an injury, then she has to make a decision about the surgery on his brain, then, a break? I don't understand why the writers feel the need for constant drama. It's starting to sound like a soap opera. (Ok, well, not as extreme as that-but you get my point.) I understand the need for drama to keep the show going, but sometimes, there is just too much. What I would absolutely love to see is just a few episodes where Eric and Calleigh are a happy couple, going out and doing couple things, the team getting together at the bar like on Grey's Anatonmy once in a while, and some humor on the show. This whole thing with Eric's brain injury (seriously--how many times are they gonna mess with his brain?) is going to make some serious drama. I just hope that this season can maybe be more calm in regards to the entire E/C relationship. Maybe some normal couple time since they're finally going for it. I don't really know what I am getting at...:lol: Maybe you guys do? lol

6. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

So, this is post #951... We should start discussing the name for the next thread. It took us a bit more time than usually to get to the end of this thread, but we were still good... EC rock!

I agree with Delkolover about possibilities for their "break". I hope they don't go with any of that, though, but something original... Maybe they will still be in a relationship, but having problems (you know writers, that sometimes happen in real life and people who love each other don't break up right away, they try to work it out). If they want to go with the break thing... I don't know, I just hope they don't put too much drama in it and I hope they get them together again in 8.03, if not at the end of 8.02.

7. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

I was also thinking about that! This thread was a bit slow at times, but it seemed to have taken a bit of momentum lately. It'll be over sooner than we know. Time to think of new titles.
    BTW, we passed the halfway mark: there are only 8 weeks left!:)

8. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

YAY! 8 weeks left until we get our new episodes back. I'll be happier in two months, but I will take what I can get.

Well we knew that we weren't going to run through this thread quickly because of the summer months but we should hopefully pick up momentum here shortly.

So here are a few suggestions for thread titles:

Eric & Calleigh--love knows no boundaries
    Eric & Calleigh--love at first sight (because I am convinced that he fell the first time he saw her)
    Eric & Calleigh--No one loves him like she does

not my best suggestions, but its a start :)

9. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

What about the title, "E/C Now and Forever"

10. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

As for the title of the next thread, well I remember that when we were a bit earlier in this thread someone mentioned (I'm sorry, but I don't remember who) the "He's the perfect choice for her" (though I don't know if it's a good name now considering what could happen in this season, of course I still think he definitely is the perfect one for her;)) so I thought I recalled it:).

Their possible break up is really annoying me:mad:. I understand they need to create some drama, beacuse it'd be boring if nothing new happens, but why it's always have to do something with Eric and Calleigh:scream:.
    Please, they are the last two people in this show who need more drama in their lifes. As if his second brain surgery withing what 2 years was still not enough, not to mention her stay in hospital after serious smoke inhalation. And of course his help for his father against her and her shooting him even if it was unwittingly.
    I don't like when people complain about E/C and say that their relationship destroyed the show, so why the writers and tptb do everything to confirm they are right. I agree there are another characters in this show and they too deserve some attention.:brickwall:
    Why can't you just leave Calleigh and Eric alone for a while and let them enjoy themselves. Though I could watch them all the time I can stand a few episodes with them as a background. Just give me few scenes from their private, outside the work life and I'll be happy with it. I really don't want and don't need to watch them breaking up and then reconciling all over again. It's stupid.:(

11. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Hey Guys! It has REALLY been awhile. I just popped in to see how it's going during the summer hiatus and I realized that we're up to post 955. WOW! If you want me to set up a poll at the beginning of the next thread then PM me the ideas for the thread title and I'll set it up. :)

I'm not happy about the spoilers that are coming out. I can't believe that our beloved show has decided to something so cliched and old. It really sucks. I don't know what else to say about it. I just hope that they won't use this to break Eric and Calleigh up without actually making them say the words... I don't know.
    :shifty:

Thoughts...:rolleyes:

12. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think the fact that the writers are doing what they are doing and giving them this much attention and drama is b/c they know E/C is popular with a large majority of the show's viewers. If they weren't well liked then the writers wouldn't 1) being doing the E/C storyline in the first place and/or 2) they would be completely ignoring them!

While it pisses me off they seem to have decided to go this particular route, I think we should take it as a compliment that they are finally giving them this much attention. Every tv couple goes through these "moments." NY did it with the D/L couple and seem to be heading down that rocky road again in the beginning thier upcoming season. So it is not uncommon...it just irks us more b/c we love them so much. I'm sure once they get passed whatever "this" is, things will hopefully be happier for them.

I also find it encouraging that Emily has already discussed the possibility of her being pregnant on and off screen with the writers. It is encouraging b/c of her words in the article....I have already said that I think the premiere was either outlined or penned before the season ended and the cast had an idea this was all coming....so for Emily to say that her being pregnant on screen would be good for Eric and Cal gives me hope that she knows the writers either aren't ready to break them up or have plans to break them up. Plus if Emily does get pregnant in real life and the writers agree to work it into the show, then it could work in E/C's favor with this upcoming storyline. Either the pregnancy brings them back together (although I doubt this b/c they did it with D/L) or they hesitantly hook up and she ends up pregnant.

That is my hope anyway ;) Hopefully, Emily won't end up with egg on her face for making those comments! Like after she gave the interview a writer called her and said "umm about what you said about Eric and Calleigh...." :lol: But I don't think that will happen, everything the actors are allowed to say or are given to say is sooo well crafted and approved of before hand. TPTB leave nothing to chance when it comes to these things ;)

This is all going on the notion of course that they are even broken up or on break when by the second ep! Hell for all we know, given the fact that we don't see everything in the spoilers, they are still together and we are all just overreacting!! It wouldn't be the first time :lol:

The more I think about it, the more I am sure IAB has their nose in this! Just by thinking about Nat asking Cal how she could shoot at Eric...IAB has got to be asking questions and people must be looking at Cal weirdly b/c she shot at him.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2009
  13. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

What you say about Emily really gives me hope. I think that they do know something about were the show is heading and for her to comment on EC for season 8 gives us hope that they will be together. Probably after all our speculating and freaking out what really will be going on will be so simple that we'll all be like that was all? :wtf: :lol:

As for IAB, you know I'm with you on this. What Eric did will be hard to just blow off and put aside even for Horatio. I'm still not 100% convinced that he broke the law, b/c we still don't know exactly what happened, but he did break protocol and put a lot of people in danger. So Stets is going to have a field day with this. There's also a good chance that during the investigation someone lets it slip that Eric and Cal are together and everything gets even more complicated. Someone like Ryan maybe. It would be kind of repetitive being it would be Ryan ratting out Eric again, but when has being repetitive stopped this show? Eric's brain surgery anyone...?

14. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

OMG! I already have a hard time choosing thread names! 'love knows no boundaries', 'No one loves him like she does,' and 'E/C Now and Forever' rock! Oh and uh, thanks guys for cheering me up. Guess what? I watched Man Down last night, well 12 this morning and it was good....which brings me to say that EC is meant to be.

Eric better wake up when Calleigh's in the hospital room rubbing his hand or it'd be just, wrong, you know? Because of Man down and SGIYC, and now the new episode, it should keep the tradition. And if Calleigh leaves his side for even a moment she should give him something in his hand... and what is this about a break? Oh boy, I hope it's not serious, cuz these two NEED each other now more than ever...While reading other posts abou the break, I always do this, I imagin what would happened if it lasted too long:Eric and Calleigh, after of a hard days work, they're driving home, look into each other eyes and then kiss, and cant stop.

15. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

With regard to the EC tension in 8.02, I guess I'm going to remain optimistic. I choose to find it encouraging that even if they are at odds, Eric called to ask about Calleigh and was obviously concerned. This is the action of someone who may be upset, but still loves her and is worried.

As for the slew of negativity that seems to be pervasive throughout all of the threads, including this one, well, this IS television drama. We are simply never going to be able to pick our storyline of choice for every character all the time, and frankly, it would be boring if things always went the way we want them to. I think it's the sign of a good show when it raises peoples hackles a little! When shows are bad enough that I stop caring, I stop watching. I only watch the ones that evoke an emotional response. Clearly we all are suffering significant anxiety regarding how this season will start, no matter what thread or ship we subscribe to...and this is exactly where the producers want us! They want us to be frustrated, anxious, pissed, and literally salivating at the thought of any juicy tidbit of spoiler news...and we are! Thus, I encourage those people who are frustrated to embrace their frustration and try to be happy that they have a show that they like enough to be pissed off about! ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.