Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

OMG!!! This picture's almost as good as a kiss!!! :adore: LOVE it! They're sooo adorable! So much chemistry! Thank you, thank you, thank you! You made my day! :)
    Question: Is it part of a rehearsal that was edited out of the final cut, or just a candid picture of them behind the scenes? Anybody knows?
    Anyway, we're all addicted to spoilers and EC ( my user name: D&Daddict, need I say more?).
    I guess we're all in this (madness) together! :lol:

2. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

You know I was wondering the same thing. Adam does have what looks like a script in his hand. I was thinking maybe they were rehearsing the final scene of Sink or Swim and instead of doing the last part (when they walk away and Cal says "you protected me...") with their arms around each other they were going to do it holding hands. Maybe later on they decided it looked better with their arms around each other. It's a good question, it would be cool if anyone knew what exactly they were doing. Today I was reading the magazine and I don't think it says exactly what was going on. But if someone has it and can read it more carefully and finds out please do tell :).

Spoilers, situation....yes still driving me crazy!!! :shifty:

3. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Haha! look at his orange pants and his glasses, Adam looks like a nerd!:guffaw: I think it looked better when they habd their arms around each other and walking away... that picture's still too cute!

4. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

Gosh I haven't been on here for ages I'm on holiday and I have a rubish slow internet conection but it's better than nothing .. so much has been going on round here since I was here .. sorry about that!
    Well I'm worried but trying to keep positive although I'm finding it hard to! Well I really hope they don't go with the amnesia that's just an old story but as long as he doesn't forget about E/C relationship I'm fine.. I'm worried about if Eric is leaving or not because of the twitter thing but trying not to think about it. I really hope we get a weak up scene and Eric says 'Calleigh ..' and smiles that she's there with him.. I don't think he got shot in the head, like delkolover said I think he probably hit his head on the steering wheel or something. I hope they don't split up b/c of all this and if she has the right to make such and important decision for him it means that he trusts her with his life just like she said to him and about the call, like somebody else said (sorry I can't remember who) he probably did it because Calleigh would say that she was fine even if she wasn't or maybe he couldn't get through to Cal .. I just hope it all works out and we get some awesome hiphugger scenes!
    The pic is so sweet doesn't the jacket that Emily is wearing look like the one Adam was wearing in the interview for sink or swim? sorry if I'm totally wrong my internet is to slow to rewatch the video.

5. EC_Lover

EC_Lover Victim

I just really hope the writers give this poor couple a break at some point....they were finally, finally starting to be happy and of course they have to mess that up right away. I understand it can't all be happy love scenes all the time - there has to be some drama and conflict to keep it interesting, but seriously!
    These two have been through enough, and I while I truly believe the writers will not break them up for good - they have spent way too much time bringing them together, and showing the depth of their relationship for that to make any sense - I can' t understand having Eric be so badly injured again, and apparently him and Calleigh having issues as well??? It just doesn't make sense to me, even understanding that Calleigh is probably angry and hurt that he kept stuff from her, he was very seriously injured and wouldn't she put her anger aside in such a grave situation? And the same goes for Eric. There may be a bit of tension between them they have to talk about and get through, but Eric not even calling Calleigh directly, after being so in love with her and then almost losing his life again....it just doesn't make sense.
    I guess we will have to wait and see what the writers have in store for us, I just REALLY want to see a happy E/C this season and see their relationsihp progress!

6. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

Helloooo! Okay, okay...I know I have been inexcuseably absent for quite some time BUT i think you will all forgive me when you see what I brought to the party :thumbsup: Let's just say it makes my little shipper heart go "Squeeee" and I hope all of yours too!

Emily Procter Wants to be Pregnant Onscreen — and Off!

[​IMG]
    Roger Karnbad/Celebrity:
    Which CSI franchise star wants 2009 to be the year she becomes a mom? If you guessed CSI: Miami’s Emily Procter, you’d be correct!

“I am hoping this is my year to have children,” the actress, 40, recently shared at the Monte Carlo Television Festival. “I understand that I am possibly more European in my views of marriage. I am not going to say I’m not going to get married, but it’s not my priority.”

If Emily isn’t expecting by the end of the year, she’s hoping that at least her character will be! “I think the Eric and Calleigh story will work nicely if this is my year to get pregnant, and hopefully it will be.”
    Source: E!Online

7. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

My feeling on this is that the writers have spent too much time and effort getting them together and building them up to break them up this soon. Separate them for a time, yes. But permanently split them, no. They (the writers) have shown no indication that they regret putting them together and if Procter is hinting that she would like to see, not only herself pregnant but Cal pregnant too...they haven't given the actors any indication that they are closing the book them. Whatever they are going through early on this season will hopefully stengthen their bond and progress their story. Every relationship has bumps in it and up until now, they have been sailing on smooth seas.

This is one of the speed bumps that I think Corey eluded to me at the end of last season. If I remember correctly, and I posted this way back before the season ended so if someone has the time to go back and look at my posts to confirm, Corey gave me a bunch of smiley faces in repsonse to my question about the "status" of E/C. Again going on memory here but I think they were: ;) :( :). Again, if someone wants to go back and look at my posts to see if that was the order of the smileys, be my guest.

I said in earlier post that I think the writers had most of the premiere either outlined or penned before the show went on hiatus. Things that all the actors said in interviews for the finale hint torwards that.

Caruso with his comment about them going back to the beginning this coming season. Adam saying that he was sure the writers would put E/C through those typical relationship bumps and dramas. Emily (and this one imo is the biggest piece of evidence) saying that they had a story in the works for Khandi Alexander to return should her shooting schedule for her new show allow it.

And on a side not concerning the upcoming story for the season premiere....I am getting a little perturbed with the whole "Eric near death, bullet in his brain thing." I mean c'mon, how many times are they going to revisit this? How many times are the CSI's going to be going to hospital be put on life support? It is getting a little old. I mean it is bothering me that this is what they are going to use as a "crutch" to get things strained with E/C. She didn't know he was in the car. How could she have known until it was too late? the car was coming right at her in a gun fight! For him to be mad at her b/c of his decision to basically aide a known fellon and put himself in that position is a little childish, imo. Granted there is sooo much we don't know but I am just having a hard time wrapping my brain around this and finding it believeable. There has to be more that we are not seeing. And it is pissing me off to no end that we don't know!

Semptember is way too far away imo!! :lol: Did anyone build that time machine yet?

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I agree that even if they break up or are "on a break" (my God, such Friends flashback...) they will get back together. What really bums me out now (well quite a few things bum me out about the spoilers but anyway) is thinking that after waiting four months for Miami to come back, it is very probable that the first episode will end in a sad tone for EC. Sad tone for EC = sad hiphuggers = sad me :(. So it's not very fun to think that I'm going to be waiting four months to see an episode that will make me sad and end on a bad note. I'm thinking this based on what we've learned about 802 and the "situation" that is apparently going on between them.

I have to thank MomentarySetbac for a wonderful fic that I wish the writers would read and take ideas from if they are in fact going down the "break" route. If MomentarySetbac is ok with it, of course ;). It made me see a very good way out of a very bad situation. In other words, there is hope ;).

9. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I'm sad...and worried about our fav couple. I wish there was a lock on the EC haters thread and then I wouldn't be allowed even see the things they write:(. Now I have doubts about Eric and Calleigh:(...Aww, is it Monday, September 21 yet?

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Dude, don't go to the hater thread. The people there will only be satisifed when Eric & Calleigh are broken up, but the joke will be on them when all is said and done and E/C are back together. You see, the vitriol they spew is so hateful, so negative, the picking apart of any little thing that Eric & Calleigh do comes off as nothing but childish whining, a fact that I am SURE the writers and producers of the show are smart enough to realize themselves. They (the writers & producers) are not dummies, they can see the hate for what it is - childish & immature whining from pissy children that are upset their pairing isn't or hasn't come to fruition, and they know the pissy children won't be happy until they get their pairing. It is the opinions of people like that, that they know they can ignore because there is no pleasing them.

I do have reservations about the spoilers,
    I don't like the fact that E/C are on the outs, but I'm sure its temporary - they wouldn't spend two years building that relationship only to end it in a few short months. So, I would bet that this season will be like the last 2 - where Eric & Calleigh spend the first half of it dancing around each other, and the 2nd half much closer - back together again.

11. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Are you reading my mind? LOL

I think writers want to use this EC drama for the sweeps... That's in November or something, right? I mean, I hope they'll get them back together sooner than that, but I can see them dancing around each other until sweeps and then getting back together. I don't like it, but I can see it happening. September can't come fast enough.

12. delkolover

So far from what we DO know...this thing seems horribly cliched. And what will probably happen is, if Eric was the one who asked for the break given she shot at him or didn't trust him etc...we all know there will be some even bigger cliched moment that will happen that will bring them back together. More than likely it will happen to Cal which will make Eric realize what an jerk/ass he has been and etc etc...we all know where I am going with this.

My peeve is why does it have to be soo cliched? What is the point? Why do all writers, not just the ones for this show, feel the need to create drama like this when often it is not necessary? These characters and their personal lives have always been background noise...it was established that way early on in the franchise....so why change that formula now? Why become, imo, a stereotype? This show has always been out there and on the fringes never falling into the "typical show" pattern. It has always paved its own way by going in its own direction. So why now is it falling into place? The ratings have remained the same, it is still one of the most popular shows on tv; unrivaled in its time slot and as much fun as people make of it....they still watch.

Some things make for great tv and some things make for annoying tv....cliches make for annoying tv. I am not giving up on E/C. Not by any stretch of the imagination. I am just relaying my discord for the apparent upcoming storyline....all aspects of it; not just E/C.

I swear to god if the guy wakes up with "selective" amnesia, I am going to throw something at the frickin tv!

Last edited: Jul 26, 2009
  13. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I'll be right there throwing things at the tv with you.

I think the break will be Calleigh's decision, and due to Eric not trusting her, not telling her what he was up to - something having to do with a lack of trust. Which makes me very sad because the spoilers for 8.02 make me think that 8.01 will end on a very sad note for E/C - that she won't be there when he wakes up, which is so very different than when he was there for her at the end of Smoke Gets in Your CSIs. Ever since the end of the finale of season 7 I have been looking forward to a poignant E/C scene when he wakes up in the hospital, but now I'm almost positive that won't happen. :(

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Ok guys, there's no need to resort to name calling. Everybody has the right to ship who they like. With all pairings there are going to be shippers and anti-shippers. It is best to avoid threads of anti-shippers if what they say is going to upset you but if you must go into those threads, please keep your negative opinions about the posters out of this thread. That also applies to the name calling.

Thanks.

15. delkolover

From reading the spoilers, I didn't get that impression. She is extremely concerned about him and I think she will be there when he wakes up. One of the scenes has her at his bedside like he was at hers in SGIYC. I think whatever "strains" their relationship will happen when he wakes up after coming out of the coma.

Obvously something is said between them that leads to the apparent estrangment in ep 802. I honestly get the feeling that the "break" is his idea. There are soo many possibilities as to why this break happens and honestly all of them, imo, are cliched. I think it comes down a couple of possible scenarios if it is he who initiates the "break":

1) He is upset she shot at him and feels the trust is no longer there and maybe his injury has some lasting affects and he blames her ( I think a version or variation of this one is the biggest possibility which imo is childish on his part b/c how could she have known he was in the car?)
    2) He has some amnesia and doesn't remember they were together and simply goes about healing not realizing he is hurting her.
    3) He feels guilty he put her in that position in the first place and pulls away out of guilt. (I could see this one too b/c he was so gung ho about ignoring the rules in order to be together while she was hesitant b/c of the rules...ie the season 5 finale conversation. A little role reversal if you will.)
    4) He is in trouble with IAB for helping his dad and doesn't want her to go down with him...he is trying to protect her and therefore pulls away.

The fact that Natalia says "he sounded worried" to Cal in regards to Eric calling her to ask about Cal's wellbeing and Cal being sad that he didn't call her really gives me the impression that he is the one who initiated, in some way, the "break." Why would she add the "he sounded worried" if, in some way, he wasn't supposed to be upset with her or separated from her?

Regardless of his reasons for pulling away, I am very sure that there will be some really big cliched moment that will bring them back together. I highly doubt the writers will simply decide to have one of them approach the other and decide that they need to "talk" about thier situation. Their relationship has never about going the "easy" route....So I highly doubt any situation to bring them back together, will be uneventfull and simple.

This is just my impression of it all anyway ;)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.