CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Holy f***, I'm gonna start bashing my monitor soon.

Why the hell do the damned reporters keep asking about either Danny or Lindsay?:scream::scream::scream: Do they not care about the other characters?!

Okay, I'm going to make a list. Mac: All he went through was 9/11 and Claire getting killed. Stella: Whoo, a whole list: Frankie making an effing sex tape of them, her apartment getting on fire, goddamn Drew, HIV scare, and so much more! I'm not even gonna continue 'cause the list just goes a mile long. So all the stuff that the other characters went through mean nothing now?:wtf: Seriously, what the f***.

As Plenilunio said, they might as well change the series' name to CSI: D/L. Ooh! How about: CSI: D/L - With The Addtion Of A Little L, DLL All The Time. Wait! We already have them all the time now.:scream: :shifty: Freakin' delightful.:rolleyes: :scream:

I hate these freakin' reporters whatcha-ma-call-'em.

2. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

CSI: DLL LOL. WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD BE INTRESTED IN THEIR MARITAL PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. HOW ABOUT THEY SPEND MORE TIME ON HAWKES, SID AND ADAM! AS WELL AS THAT GET MAC AND STELLA TOGETHER ALREADY!!!!! BUT MORE IMPORTANTLY WHY DONT THEY CONSENTRATE ON THE CSI PART INSTEAD OF THE PERSONAL LIVES OF DLL. I WANNA KNOW ABOUT MAC'S MARRIAGE WITH CLAIRE. STELLA AND MAC GETTING TOGETHER. LEARN MORE ABOUT FLACKS SISTER SAM, FLACKS DAD, SID'S ADAM'S AND HAWKE'S BACKGROUND. IS THAT TOO MUCH YO ASK?

I WRITE IN CAPITALS BECAUSE I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!!

3. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Wow, lilmzhappy, you must be really pissed. And ya know what, I don't blame you.;)

I've, no, we've all had enough of all this crap with DLL. D/L were okay before, with Danny teasing Lindsay...wasn't a fan of Lindsay giving him a spaz attack after though.:shifty: It was at least somewhat believeable back then. Now, it's just plain annoying.

We need other characters' personal stories!:scream: The whole show doesn't revolve around them, just as how the Sun doesn't revolve around the Earth.

C'mon TPTB, you gotta step up your writing game and you effing reporters need to to stop asking about DLL and start asking the producers about the other characters.:brickwall:

Unbelieveable, just unbelieveable.:rolleyes:

4. JellyBelly

JellyBelly Lab Technician

Personally I don't see what there is to get worked up about, other than the fact that we're not actually getting any spoilers. They just recycle the same comments but put their own spin on it. As for the other character's getting personal storylines, I actually think they did a lot better in S5 than ever before, certainly with both Flack and Hawkes. I believe/hope they continue those storylines in S6 and I really can't see it being all about DLL. It does seem to me that tptb are hiding behind DLL a little, probably because they're not ready to give anything away at the moment. It'll come though. :)

5. lilmzhappy

lilmzhappy Witness

That spaz attack was completely uncalled for. She is such a mardy bum!!!!!!!!!. However there is teeny part of me that likes Lindsey but my god when does she stop whinging. I love Danny. But Danny and Lindset together. "upchucks" Poor little Lucy is now added to the equation. What did that kid ever do??!!!

You are so right TPTB, need to STEP UP and DELIVER what the fans want or they will just stop watching.

6. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

It's more than a little annoying when questions that have nothing to do with DLL specifically get turned into pointless information about their relationship. This isn't exactly the first or even second time that's happened.

7. JellyBelly

Yes, I get that. I just don't see how it translates into the show being all about DLL and the other characters not getting personal storylines. To me the DLL information is equivalent to getting no information and seems to speak of how tptb don't want us to know anything of any substance at this point. But, I do appreciate how annoying it is that the likes of tv guide and ausiello seem to turn everything into DL. It does also concern me that there's a huge potential for both Danny and Lindsay's storylines to be all about the relationship and not necessarily anything that will further develop either of their character's.

8. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

I know the D/L spoiler in itself doesn't say anything new, and hence no reason to really get worked up - but see that? That's the kind of thing that irritates me about the producers, the writers, the reporters - they're all catering to the D/L fandom, and it doesn't just seep into the "spoilers" that we get fed, it seeps into the show itself and the way the characters develop (or don't develop, because god forbid screentime is taken away from the holy trinity of DLL). It's that very same catering thing that made them write in Anna Belknap's pregnancy and take it in a D/L direction in S5! That's what gets annoying - no, D/L was not the only way that Belknap's pregnancy could've been written into the story, if it had to be written in at all; they could've gone in a different, better direction. They just took it in the direction that would best satisfy the legions of tweenyboppers (yeah, I know there are D/L fans that aren't teens or twenty-year-olds, but for the most part, D/L seems to be a very teen-oriented ship).

Question, though: who is the "reporter" turning things to D/L in that little snippet? Was it Catie or Tim?

Hey hey hey, Mac's gone through so much more than just 9/11 and Claire getting killed. :p Being kidnapped/almost killed by his ex-best-friend's brother? Being kidnapped again by a burglar (Joe)? Reed almost being killed - actually, if Mac got any more follow-up, I'd have to start banging my head against the wall hard. Stella has gotten plenty of follow-up too - it's characters like Adam and Hawkes and Sid (he needs way more than that tiny bit he got in Point of No Return) that concern me. Hell, it's characters like Lindsay and Danny that concern me - it's like every other storyline in their lives have been dropped just for this one.

9. Duke

Duke Witness

They start filming today and Hill Harper's gonna be Tweeting every day from the set, which should be great fun. :) But he's kinda let the cat out of the bag by saying who he's gonna be handing his Blackberry over too... :p There was no mention of Robert Joy, though, so I'm still curious.

10. Miss Doolittle

Miss Doolittle Dead on Arrival

I really don't understand. DL work at the same place and have a very understanding boss. The lab seemed thrilled when they brought along Lucy in there. In my country(S. Korea), the couple would think they are extremely lucky and should be greatful for that. Why TPTB keep implying that DL's balancing work and taking care of baby and housework would be a big challenge for them? I don't see their problem will be a particularly harder one than the other's troubles.

11. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Oooh...I hope it's okay to post this here:

In the new CSI Files interview with Hill Harper, he mentions that Kaye Sullivan might just be a recurring character to start off with - and if the audience responds well, she'll become a regular. Lol, okay that makes so much more sense than just tossing her in without knowing if she'll actually float. :lol:

Maybe that explains why she wasn't in the spoiler-ish scripts for 6.02, too.

12. Duke

Duke Witness

^^ Yep, that makes perfect sense. It's nice to know that TPTB actually care enough about what we the viewer thinks. Although, not enough, IMO. Otherwise we'd still have Jess.

Have we had any confirmation that Christina Murphy IS the new Kaye Sullivan? And if she is, I might have to go out and buy myself some rat poison. Ingest it with a glass of milk or something......

13. JellyBelly

I guess I'm coming from a place where the biggest casualties of the way tptb have handled DL are Danny & Lindsay themselves. I don't really see how it's been damaging to the other characters as I think in terms of individual character development it was Hawkes, Flack & Adam who got the win in S5. That's why I don't really get the view that the other character's were shafted for DL :confused:. I think Danny and Lindsay have been shafted to cater for a certain portion of the DL fandom i.e. give them a patch up job but make everything fluffy and cute. Ultimately I like both Danny & Lindsay and I loved the potential they had early on in their relationship. But, it's now been taken on a route that imo needs to be played down (e.g. lose the sap and replace with a little reality, or, end the romance but let them get back to a solid friendship with a potential for more somewhere down the line - maybe) and develop them as individuals with the romance as a side issue rather than the primary driver. I know that's not going to happen as things have already gone too far in one direction so I share some of your frustrations, particularly as these 'spoilers' seem to be focused on that part of the fandom that have been catered to already.

So, that being said, my 'nothing to get worked up about' comment related to the other characters rather than people being annoyed about DL, because I really don't see how the other characters have suffered because of it. I appreciate that not everyone agrees with that, in fact it's quite possible that nobody agrees with it :lol: - I'm aware that I sit somewhere in the middle when it comes to DL and their impact on the show.

Tim is the reporter at tv guide. :)

14. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

True, but they said Lindsay would start out as recurring to begin with - and she was in the opening credits from her first episode. I hope they actually do give the new girl a trial run this time, but I'm not convinced that the viewer response will have much to do with their decision about making her a reg. (And to be honest, I don't think fan opinion should have that much to do with the decisions TPTB make.)

15. Maya316

Maya316 Lab Technician

Yes! No, I get what you're saying completely, and I agree, the biggest casualties of D/L have been Danny and Lindsay themselves. That's why I'm so mad that they took Belknap's pregnancy in the direction they did. But I do think that even the other characters have kind of suffered from the screentime devoted to D/L this season. "Grounds for Deception", in my opinion, didn't make nearly as strong an impression as I think it could have had they spent more time in prior episodes focusing on Mac and Stella's conflict, Stella's job troubles, Stella's relationship with Professor P, etc.

Ah, I see, okay thanks! That would mean, yeah, that the reporters seem to only have gotten D.L info from the producers...maybe in the hopes it'll trickle back down to the fanbase. :shifty:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.