Flack #9: An Officer and a Gentleman

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Elsie, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Viva_CSI

Viva_CSI Victim

very interesting... :thumbsup:
    but sorry, i don't recall it now, Flack has a brother? :confused:

2. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

There was only mention of him really in Times Up [if i am not mistaken] we haven't seen him... the one thing that i don't really get though is that if Don has an older brother shouldn't the first born be named after the father... I mean it is a little unusual for the second born to be named after the father... well least i think so.. I mean i cant see Don with a younger brother but with what I've just said it kindda makes you think... I have a bad feeling with the shows known lack of continuity any reference to the Flack family will exclude the brother...

(Gosh i haven't written on here in a LONG time XP)

Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
  3. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Yep, it was Time's Up. Flack said he would endure all of his brother's insults to go back in time and have one of his mom's corned beef sandwiches. :lol:

I don't think I could see him with a younger brother. Older definitely, but younger I'm not so sure about. But like Lyzabeth said, with Flack being the one named Don Jr., you would think that he would be the first born son.

But knowing the writers of this show, Flack probably didn't start out with a brother, then magically got one, and they will probably never be heard of again. :rolleyes:

4. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

Nick_Wolfe_Danny Police Officer

lol i agree SpeedyMeg25 the writers probably decided half way though to add a brother, but will probably never see him.

Its not that crazy to be the second kid and be a Jr. my cousins husband is actually like that, he has two older brothers but he's the Jr... maybe its cuz i'm canadian who knows lol

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

He has two brothers doesn't he?

6. Viva_CSI

Viva_CSI Victim

i think that if he would have a younger brother we would have known that before. (because which old brother don't care about his younger one?)

and sure SpeedyMeg25 and Nick_Wolfe_Danny are right about, is obvious they didn't thought of him having a brother and magically appeared. :rolleyes:

@FallenforFlack: as far as i know he have an old brother (as said here before) and a sister (don't remember if younger or not)

7. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

well....my story is developing....and I'm slowly noticing that more Flack siblings have began to pop up in my story....oops...lol

but the way I viewed it with Flack being the Jr. is maybe that the oldest son was named after a friend or something.....in my story, I explained it as older brother Dylan was named after Flack SR's best friend who was killed protecting Flack's mom who was pregnant with the oldest son....

I've also added more Flack siblings in my story....I guess the more the merrier...but I felt like Flack should be loved by more people...:p....so I added that Flack's got an older sister named Sarah, who is the oldest child of the family....Dylan of course is the older brother, the second child....Flack Jr. is the third child.....Samantha being the younger kid sister and fourth child....and I've also added another brother, this one is the baby brother of the family and youngest named Duke.....

but as I said....it's still a developing story....

beware of more family members popping up!:lol:

8. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

^ That would definitely make an interesting storyline!

Does he? I honestly I have no idea. :lol:

I got to thinking, it could be possible that Flack has an older brother that was named after a grandfather or something like that. I know of a few families that are named like that.

9. Viva_CSI

Viva_CSI Victim

@BauerAlmeida, interesting storyline ;)

10. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

wow not lots of Flack posts lately, i was thinking about Flack's father again , I recalled that in a previous interview Eddie said that he would like Brian Dennehy to play his father, i recently watched the Law & Order:SVU episode where he is in it, and holy cow, i think he would make a great Don Flack Sr.

Don Flack Sr. to me seems to be a slightly bitter man, maybe because of his wifes death (if she is even dead) and also because of Sam. Of course he would be a little sarcastic, but a very hard man to get through to, and i just think that Brian Dennehy would do a good job. God i hope we get more Flack family in season 6 *fingers crossed*

11. Trillian42

Trillian42 Victim

I think it's a pretty safe assumption that she is dead. Didn't Flack mention in one episode that if he could go back in time, he'd go back to his childhood, just so he could eat his mother's corned beef? I remember him saying something about how he'd even re-live his brother's taunts for "one more taste of that heaven" (sorry...I can't quite remember which episode that was). I don't imagine he'd say something like that if his mother was still around.

If I had to vote on who I'd want to play Sr., I think I'd go for Gabriel Byrne. Brian Dennehy is a great actor, but I think it would be quite a stretch to see a resemblance. Neither Flack or Sam look a thing like him.

12. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

^ The episode was Time's Up.
    It does make it sound a bit like his mother has passed on, but it still is possible that she's not. He could just be saying that he'd long for those times, to back back to when he was a child or something like that. Maybe Mr. and Mrs. Flack had some sort of falling out and things got rough and our Don wants to go back to when they were all together.
    I personally think she is deceased though, but you never know with the writer's we've got.

That description of Flack Sr. sounds about what I had imagined him to be like too. One of those things where people look at the younger Flack and are like "you definitely inherited your father's sarcasm" :lol:

I'm not sure who I would like to see play his father. I'm also not familiar with either of the two men you guys suggested. (I don't keep up with pop culture or know anything about actors) As long as they made it believable I'm cool with whoever it would be. :)

13. Nick_Wolfe_Danny

oo nice choice i never really thought of him, but he does share a resemblance to them, i just really wanna meet the entire Flack clan

14. CSINEWYORK000

CSINEWYORK000 Lab Technician

Last edited: Jul 1, 2009
  15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Thanks for the pic! :thumbsup:

BTW, does he have more siblings apart from Sam? We know so little about Flack's background *shakes head*:(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.