Season 8 **Spoiler Lab** - 'Quench Your Thirst!'

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

From Spoiler Tv/Ausiello

Question: CSI: Miami scoop?. Please tell me Delko survives --Jennifer

Ausiello:
    Sources confirm that Adam Rodriguez will be back next season, so, yeah, I think it's safe to say Delko survives. Meanwhile, we caught up with Rodriguez' former co-star, Rory Cochrane, at the premiere of his new film, Public Enemies, and asked him whether another Speedle cameo was in his future. His answer was, um, interesting. "I can't really talk about it," he said. "They talked to me about something that I cannot get into details about... I did come back once as a figment of Delko's imagination, but I am pretty sure that is it for me on that show. I told them not to kill me but they didn't take my advice."

http://spoilertv-csi.blogspot.com/2009/06/csimiami-latest-from-ausiello.html

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Just to clarify, I wasn't saying I wanted him to turn out to be Eric's brother. I was only saying it's interesting that both are Cuban and with that rumor about Eric having a brother that was going around a while back... it's just curious. That's all. By the way, we've only met one of Eric's siblings and we have met one of Natalia's two sisters and we do know the name of the one we haven't met. Whereas with Eric, while we know he has more sisters, we only know the name of the one we've met. But, I do agree that we need to be introduced to Ryan's sibling(s), niece and especially his Uncle Ron. Although Uncle Ron will have to wait until Saris is gone cause two Ron's would be too confusing. :lol:

Anyone know what Eddie's character's name will be?

David did say that next season they were going to be getting back to basics, more or less. So, the two case thing sounds plausible. Vegas has many cops the CSIs work with besides Brass. There's my fave, Vartann then there's Cavalier and Vega. There used to be Sofia and O'Reilly (the latter of which retired I believe). So, why can't Miami have more cops to work with? Besides Yelina and Frank, the only other detectives were that one lady whose name I cannot recall and for an ep or two, Jake was a regular detective.

I can see Eddie fitting in with the cast perfectly. As long as he isn't replacing any of our beloved characters, I'm fine with it. :)

I do NOT want him to be a love interest for any of the characters though. It's too cliched for a new person to join the cast and be a part of the team only to become romantically involved with one of the characters.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It's so exciting that we already have the spoiler thread going on :). I think it's pretty cool that there's a new cast member. At first I thought that he would be the ME solution, but it seems he's not so that kind of confused me. I really do wonder what they'll do with the ME position this season. I think they should take this opportunity (not having an ME) and have some fun with it and be creative. Bones was pretty creative with what they did when Zack left so Miami could maybe come up with something different.

Anyway back to Eddie. I wonder what name they'll give him and what his personality will be like. I think it's pretty cool to have a new face around and really hope it works out better than it did with Tara. I'm also really glad everyone is coming back next season, especially Adam :). Oh and we have a premier date, yay! :)

4. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

Really wonder what they said to Rory. It really seems like he's not coming back. But, at the same time, it seems that Delko may be still suffering from his bullet :shifty:.
    I mean why consult or say something to Rory when he's not going to get involved? Unless it has something to do with the last storyline which had involved Rory on the show, I really can't seen any other logic reason for this, but oh well this is CSI:Miami :lol:

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Hmm... maybe they talked to Rory about possibly reprising his role in "never before seen flashback" relating to a cold case that Speed didn't get to solve and maybe it comes back up or something. Maybe that's part of what David meant when he said they were going to be more like the first season.

6. nwolfson22

nwolfson22 Police Officer

I guess I am a little confused. Why would Eric have a brother? Unless its like a 1/2 brother from Cuba who he has never met? It was my understanding however, that he was the youngest in his family and the only boy...I dont know what TPTB are thinking (if they are at all), but I for one would rather have them spend the money they are using for a new cast member to go and shoot in Florida and expand on the lesser used chareters in the show.

7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

It would be so awesome if they did something like this. I really miss Speed :(. And if it is done I would love to see him and Eric joking around. That was always fun to watch.

8. csi_miami_babe

csi_miami_babe Rookie

I hope they do this too. I miss having Speedle around and for Rory to come back even if it's just for one episode would be better than nothing. They don't even mention him anymore. I miss watching Eric and Speedle too. There was never a boring moment with the two of them. That friendship within the team has been missing ever since Speedle's death.

9. CSI-AJ

CSI-AJ Lab Technician

My theory is that they will punt the whole idea of a recurring ME to make room for this guy. Perhaps it is a method to try something new with the series and give it a different feel from the other two.

10. greatfan

greatfan Captain

Question: CSI: Miami scoop?. Please tell me Delko survives --Jennifer
    Ausiello: Sources confirm that Adam Rodriguez will be back next season, so, yeah, I think it's safe to say Delko survives. Meanwhile, we caught up with Rodriguez' former co-star, Rory Cochrane, at the premiere of his new film, Public Enemies, and asked him whether another Speedle cameo was in his future. His answer was, um, interesting. "I can't really talk about it," he said. "They talked to me about something that I cannot get into details about... I did come back once as a figment of Delko's imagination, but I am pretty sure that is it for me on that show. I told them not to kill me but they didn't take my advice."

Doesn't sound as if Rory will be back so friendship will go on missing from the team. I'm not a fan of the flashback anyway,it just reminds people of what is never going to be. Perhaps it's time to let Speed rest in peace( it's certainly fine to have fond memories).The writers may have to attempt to build up some friendships with the characters they have,or just leave the team dynamics the way they are, which is not great.
    And i hope Eddie's character would be friend with Ryan, he really need real friend in this lab.

Agree Orla.It would be nice if Ryan could have a friend.Actually ,he needs a friend.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  11. MiamiWolfe

MiamiWolfe Pathologist

That is what I was thinking. More than one cop for more than one case.
    That might be more interesting.

I think it is going to be interesting watching him fit in. I can see him being razed for being from Hollywood.

I was a little afraid at first maybe someone (okay, I was worried about Ryan) was going to exit, but since Eddie's character is going to be a cop and not a csi, that probably isn't going to be the case.

Me neither. Let's let men and women work together and NOT be involved.:thumbsup:

12. Cath.S

Cath.S CSI Level One

Whoops I've simple swept Jake under the rug when I said there was no second detective since Yelina left...
    I think it could be good when they work on two cases in an ep. They shouldn't do it in every ep but from time to time it will be fine.
    But I really hope they'll give up this mob stuff. We had the russian mob and I think they'll come to an end with it at the beginning of season 8. I think than it will be enough and they should go on with a new idea eg. a serial killer or so...

I also want to see such an ep with a cold case. It would be quite different from the normal style of the eps and I think it could be a welcome change and it wouldn't hurt. But for me it doesn't matter if they would bring back speed or not.

13. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Nice to see so many spoilers and discussion coming about! :D

That is strange. The fact that he said he couldn't talk about it and that they talked to him about something and he couldn't go into details suggests to me that the writers/producers were consulting him on an idea/storyline to where he would be on the show for some reason. But his last statement.... :lol: Rory, you're confusing, my dear! :p

Exactly what I was thinking. Because he wouldn't technically be on the show and he wouldn't really be interacting with 'nouveau Miami' (for a lack of better words) but it's something. Otherwise, I can't see why they'd be talking to him at all about anything related to the show.

Even though I like the idea of a flashback, I do agree that perhaps bringing the character back too much would be overkill. Although I probably wouldn't be saying the same if they hadn't killed him off (Yelina wasn't killed off and it's nice to see her in recent episodes) but they did so that's that, lol. Having said that, if anything comes from their chat with him, I'm interested in seeing what goes down.

About Eddie Cibrian joining the show -- awesome news! :) I loved him on 'Third Watch' and was hoping he'd get another more permenant gig on one of my other favourite shows.

I, too was wondering that maybe he'd fill in the spot for Medical Examiner but since it appears he'll be playing a cop from LA...I don't mind it. Just seems a little weird though that they have Natalia and Tripp without much to do and they're adding in another cop to (possibly) develop.

Yeah, it's totally possible for Miami to have more than a couple detectives so in that respect, I'm all for it. Hopefully though, our already established detective (Tripp) will get something really juicy to work with this season too. Can't wait to see what happens. :)

14. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I know Rory sounded a bit confusing in this last statement....
    but, I don't think he meant "that is it" as in he's done completely with the show, never to return. I took it (combined with what else he said) as meaning that ,"that is it", is how he can ever return, only as a figment in Eric's imagination. It'll be interesting to see what tptb's "idea" is for his return.

About new guy, well, like others have said, the thing that scares me most is that they won't be able to handle balancing the storylines/screentime. Plus, I get the feeling that Kyle will be more frequently seen in the new season. I'm not getting the impression that his job in the morgue is just a one-season gig. Sounds to me like they're building him into the main cast. So, along with Kyle, & IF they replace Tara or even bring her back, plus Eddie's character - that seems to be alot of extra characters for a show that can barely pick up on the series regs they have right now. I just hope they play this wisely.

15. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

To be honest, I'm not really excited about a new character, especially if he's gonna be regular. I mean, Miami already has enough characters and writers who aren't really great in balancing the storylines... They better have some really great reason for having a new character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.