CSI:NY Spoiler Discussion - Bring on Season 6!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, May 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

For people in the UK Play.com has Season 5 part 1 dvd listed but no release date but it also has the complete season 5 dvd listed with a release date of 10th August - seems strange that there is no release date for part 1 yet but I imagine it will be before the complete season so probably some time in July.

EDIT: Dannyfan2707 thanks for the link - although it doesn't fill me with confidence, I have a bad feeling about this Kaye woman.

2. Dannyfan2707

Dannyfan2707 Dead on Arrival

It doesnt inspire much confidence in me either.

Does anyone else find it strange that TPTB chose to give 3 scenes with desirable character attributes for casting rather than an actual scene written for/with Kaye Sullivan?
    I dont know if this is the usual way of doing things in TV shows, it just seems odd... almost like TPTB are waiting to see who is cast for the role then writing the actual character a la Danny used to play baseball and now comes from a family of cops!

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Great another "It's all about me" total shrew. Just what the show needs. :wtf:

ETA: Unless they're just looking to see how the actress plays certain scenes. Maybe they're looking for someone who plays it differently than Anna Belknap did. I know that's wishful thinking, but hey it could happen.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  4. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

I'm not really understanding what they mean with the whole 3 past episodes thing...

5. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

It seems to me they're looking for three things:

1. Someone who can play confident and savvy (Natalie Greer)

2. Someone who can play an emotional scene (the Lindsay monologue)

3. Someone who can handle the forensic technobabble (Peyton)

I don't think any of that's bad--it's just testing the range of the actresses that are reading for the part. That's a good thing.

Hopefully they're looking for someone who can play it better. ;)

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, I just saw that info - the Monologue of Doom didn't fill me with optimism at all, but I can only hope that doesn't mean they plan to write her that way.

I think it's a good thing that they're using a variety of situations to test the actress they're going to cast - a single episode (even if the scenes are written for the character) won't really give a good indication of her range.

7. Top41

Is the Monologue of Doom so bad, or was it just Anna's delivery? :lol: I doubt Kaye will be anything like Lindsay. At the very least, the characters are usually decently varied on the CSI shows. And no show could handle two Lindsays. :lol:

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

I dunno, I think a Monologue is kind of iffy either way - but Anna's delivery certainly didn't help matters. :lol:

9. Top41

I don't know...I thought Carmine did decently with his monologue in "The Box." Monologues are tricky, but in the right hands, they can be awesome. The Monologue of Doom is tough to pull off sympathetically because it's basically laying into a grieving guy. Maybe there's an actress that can do it, though. And if so--they should hire her!

10. Miyukiseta

Miyukiseta Rookie

Oh dear God, I can't take a Lindsay cyborg. One self-important twit on the show is enough...to bring the show down.:lol:

I really hope TPTB knows what the hell they're doing. This season was disappointing enough. Do not need another consecutive bad year/season.
    Hell, they don't have a clue about what the hell they're doing! :rolleyes: :scream: :wtf: :brickwall: :shifty:

I don't like what I'm hearing about this new CSI...what about the budget cuts, TPTB??? :confused: 'Less you were just joking and fired Vaugier for some other retarded reason. :rolleyes: Typical.

11. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

hopefully they cast an actress who can really keep up, and not just some hollywood a-list casting or something. we need GOOD, not really popular actresses. but if she's good AND popular, all the better. lol. personally, i think angell gels more with the team than lindsay does. i mean, she kinda does sometimes, but there's like a distance between the team (or anyone in the team) and her. just my personal opinion. so whoever this kaye is, hopefully she can gel with the team, and not remain to be some newbie in the viewers' eyes.

12. eyewitness

eyewitness Rookie

That's pretty much how Stella is. :)
    *crossfingers* :thumbsup:

Perhaps it's all a prank - maybe this new character Kaye will happen to be some estranged Angell twin sister, and Flack will fall for her, and we'll have Vaugier back again as a regular. ;)

13. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

I'm curious to see the new member as I am curious of how the producers will explain cutting out Angell yet adding a new addition if it were really just budget problems?

14. Messers fan

Messers fan Rookie

Regarding the jennifer Cooper casting I wanted to know how she looks like and found this : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NuiK2oAGaVQ

she seems really young, do they want a friendly relationship with Adam ... if they are looking for this kind of character

15. csimania19

csimania19 Rookie

that is a GREAT idea. oh, how i wish. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.