Dexter

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by LoneWolfe001, Mar 18, 2007.

1. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I had better put this in spoiler code for those who don't want to know.

From TV Guide online:

John Lithgow has signed on to play Dexter's new serial killer.

The Emmy-winning actor will play Walter Simmons, aka the "Trinity Killer," so named because he murders in threes. Simmons is a mild-mannered suburbanite who shows up in Miami, on the run from FBI Special Agent Frank Lundy. (Keith Carradine returns as Lundy after a season-long absence.) Dexter Morgan (Michael C. Hall) becomes infatuated with the Trinity Killer's methods, and his ability to evade capture for more than 30 years.

Lithgow will appear in all 12 episodes of Season 4, which premieres Sunday, Sept. 27.

2. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Ohhh, thanks Dynamo. I don't normally read spoilers, but that seems like something I'd eventually see in a commercial anyway. That sounds pretty cool, actually. :)

3. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

Ooooh daaammmn....YAY! Dexter gettin back to its solid methods, woot woot. :D

Steph: Yea I know what you mean. If it wasnt for the books who knows if I would of actually seen the series...

4. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^
    Oh, John Lithgow, I have to watch that !!!
    I still miss "3 rock from the sun", what an awesome series it was !!!

5. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

^^^
    Seriously! I cant wait to see John, I could see him playing a notorious killer..I just dont know why....

6. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

Just as I thought Dexter was losing some of its steam, they do this! Can't wait to see wat Lithgow will do with the character, I can really see him as a serial killer. Very excited about this. :) Thanks Dynamo!

7. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

^^^^ Again I dont know why I could see J.L as a serial killer, and frankly I dont think that I could wait that damn long! I like him as an actor and could see him be something good and fit in well to Dexters theme.....aaaagh!!!:scream::scream::scream:

8. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Season 3 just started here. So I am trying to avoid all the spoilers. LOL.

Dont you just love the Dexter intro. How does Dexter make breakfast look like his committing murder and that wicked smirk at the end is spine chilling yet capitavating

9. Ankeila

Ankeila Rookie

Michael C. Hall is amazing. I actually started watching this because of his great performance as David in Six Feet Under, which was very different from Dexter.

On a side note, whenever I tell someone that I'm going to watch Dexter, they ask me why I'm watching a cartoon. :lol:

10. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Dexter's sister is so fouled mouth, its a turn off just watching her. I keep fast forwarding her parts.

What was the name of Dexter's wacky girlfriend in season 2, the crazy one.

11. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

Lila, crazy titty vampire Lila.

I cant wait for season 4!!!! :D

12. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Dexter did kill her, right?

13. luf100

luf100 Coroner

I just started watching this show online. Unfortunately the site I go to only has season 3. So I can't start at the beginning. I'm reading one of the books at the same time and it completely confused me! I went back to the book thinking everything that happened in the one episode I watched was going on in the book. :lol: Eventually I figured everything out.

Debrah is foul mouthed, but she's even like that in the books. It's just her. :lol: Dexter is funnier in the books, but again I've only seen one episode fully. I like the show, but I do find the books a bit better so far.

14. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

Yes, Dexter finally killed Lila, thank god. I was so glad when he got rid of her- she was just like the most cancerous person... ugh.

Dexter's sister makes me howl everytime she talks. She just curses so randomly it keeps me in stitches, but I can see where not everyone would appreciate that sort of thing... I am somewhat disturbed, for sure! :lol:

15. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

ha me 2. I guess because I curse at well, I could see the sense of humor in it but some people just cant stand it...oh well. I like it because like you said she is random and what she says brings in a certain...ah I cant think of a word right now, but something else to the table. Ah yes, a real female.

I luckily read the book before teh series came out. Its a tad bit confusing because I;ve read fic that had Magdia instead of Maria for LaGuerta, there was some changes that he series did very well, that werent in the books like the amount of victims that Dex has but hey the show and the books are amazing!

Last edited: Jun 16, 2009