PSP Help Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Dragonfly, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

This is a thread for anyone who uses Paint Shop Pro.

In here, you can discuss the program, how-to's, ask questions, etc.

All of the normal board and forum rules apply in here. If you're not sure what they are, check out the Fan Art Forum Guide.

Enjoy!

2. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thanks for the thread, Meg and Kat! :)

I'll start out with a question....though I might get laughed at....

What is selective coloring?

And how is this action preformed with PSP. Specifically I have PSP 9.

3. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

Here's a great Translation of terms from Photoshop to Paintshop Pro. Brilliant when using PS tutorials.

starzsgirl, selective colouring is one of those things that aren't translatable. I already tried :lol:.

I have Paintshop Pro 7. Really need to upgrade soon :rolleyes:

ETA: Thanks for the thread Meg! Awesome idea

4. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I have PSP Photo X2 and recently all my brushes disappeared in the little brush menu on the toolbar (they are all still in the brush folder). It only gives me one brush to use and there were lots more there before. I just used some a week or so ago on some icons. Then the next time I opened up PSP and tried to use the brushes, none would show up except just a plain circle shaped or square shaped one. I've tried everything I could to get them back the way it was, but to no avail.

5. egeria

Have you checked your file preferences path? Does it still point to your brushes folder?

6. GregNickRyanFan

I checked that and it does point to the correct folder. Do you think that uninstalling the program and then reinstalling from the disk might fix the problem?

On a good note, I finally figured out how to resize correctly on PSP. I had to change the default settings. It had aspect ratio locked and the pixel dimensions were on percent instead of pixels.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  7. egeria

You could try uninstalling and reinstalling. I've been looking on my usual forums and can't find anyone with the same problem. Give that a try though, it can't hurt.

Aspect ratio got me for a while there too until I figured it out, and the bilinear vs bicubic resize confused me for the longest time. :lol:

8. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Thanks for the link...yup my book wasn't telling me anything either. That's why I was happy to see the thread.

PSP 7 or 9 isn't so bad...though sometimes I'll so looking for brushes and they won't be the correct file to upload....then I have to take the round about route. That one is time consuming....:eek:

9. CSI_Kat

CSI_Kat Addicted to Gutterville Moderator

I don't have PSP but I have had the brush loading issue with photoshop on my lappy.....for the longest time they wouldn't load so I just decided to not use them.....well then I need a brush for something so I downloaded some and they still wouldn't hold the load. Every now and then I would reload the few I had downloaded and then one day all of a sudden a few weeks ago they started loading and staying loaded. :wtf: Why? How? I dont know....but I am not going to complain. :lol:

10. GregNickRyanFan

Uninstalling and reinstalling worked. My brushes are back now. Yay! :D Hopefully they'll stay there this time. :lol:

GRRR... Now I can't get the resizing thing to work right again. I tried the same settings that worked before, but it just refuses to work this time. :(

Last edited: Jun 9, 2009
  11. egeria

Sounds like PSP just doesn't like your computer GNRF :(

Does anyone else have a problem where sometimes, and particularly on multiple layer images, you can't save as a .psp?

I can save as any other format, but not .psp! I have a wallpaper with 20+ layers, and now it won't let me save.

Is there another format I can save it in where I won't lose all my layers?

12. GregNickRyanFan

Does anyone know how to add a highlight and border around text in PSP (I have PSP Photo X2) like you can in Photoshop (with the stroke and outer glow options)?