Mac #7--Once a Marine, Always a Marine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Warning guys LONG post, real life and work got in the way ... so making up for lost ime.

First of all love all the Mac pics..:drool: And I just wanted to add comments to a few things..:)

Now as much as I love drooling, and I do. How about some discussion about or favorite Marine. :cool:

I was wondering what you guys would like to see and what you wouldnt like to see regarding Mac in season 6?

On that note I would love to see how he handles
I would love to see how he handles Flack if he finds out he shot the suspect in cold blood.

You're quite right FB. This should be interesting. Although it was during a shooting, I can't help but wonder if it can be proven hat it was in cold blood. If Mac ever should find out, I'd love to see how he's gonna handle it. Mac is a by the book man, so it could have consquences for Flack.
A good talk between Mac and Don is what I'd love to see. Mac was there for Flack during the bombing, so I could imagine him helping Flack through this one.

See that would be my ultimate wish for the first few episodes of season 6. I doubt we will get it though :(:( They are not known for their continuity. Hell they dropped the scene between Mac and Don (Mac checking up on Don after he came back to work after the bombing in Snow Day) to show case a song.:scream::scream::scream:

O, Sam222, it is amazing!!:guffaw:Yea, Mac, you are penetrating detective!
And spesial thanks to RanMa

Dear Gala,

you see me speechless
pic41.gif

Mac is a penetrating detective
mgeye-popping.gif

Sorry for my thoughts:evil::devil:

But you force me.........
ices_lol_large.gif

Have a great day!!!!!

Udonna

I am so glad I wasnt the only one whos thoughts went STRAIGHT to the gutter..:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:

But then look at my icon....I couldnt wipe the smile of my face for ages...:devil::devil:

Slightly OC, but I'd love to see an NCIS/CSI:NY crossover. Two Marines in one show *dies* It's be amazing to see how Mac would react with someone like Gibbs trying to take over the case, or vice versa.

*THUD* Mac and Gibbs in the one room...:drool: Just please no Tony *shudder*

My first post. Love all the pics of Mac (especially the snow day one). He is by far my favourite character on the show. For season 6:

1. More Mac/Stella moments.
2. More marine action mac( as in snow day).

:)

First welcome to the thread...hope you have fun..

Oh yes please more action Mac would be great especially if he ends up wet and loosing more of his clothes..:devil::devil:

But seriously I would love to see another great action ep like that..

And wishlist for S6 --- more M/S stuff (not necessarliy shippy) and yes, other people going toe to toe with him and not giving up an inch. That Flack/Mac/Truby thing was a beaut to hold. Hell, even Rambo!Stella in S1 was memorable.

Right there with you that whole Truby storyline was excellent. I loved the interaction between Mac and Don throughout that storyline. And yes Rambo Stella is a sight to behold..

Some nice Mac/Stella moments could even include her calling him on his behaviour when it's out of line, just like he would do to her - that shows the strength of their relationship, IMO, that they aren't afraid to call each other on their mistakes and behaviour. The same goes for Mac and Flack. But some nice bonding moments between Mac and Flack and Mac and Stella would be nice too, both casual (like going to a bar or for a coffee or whatever) and more intense/emotional (like when Mac was there for Flack in Rush to Judgement or that scene in Personal Foul when Mac opened up to Stella about his doubts about catching the cabbie killer, or in No Good Deed when he talked about Ella to her). I think that what happened to Angell could make for some great bonding moments between Mac and Flack.
Reed back in Mac's life but not in danger is a must for me. I love how we learn about Claire through many of their scenes together, and it gives Gary (and Kyle Gallner) some really good emotional stuff to sink their teeth into. The scene in Consequences when Mac describes Claire to Reed, and in Some Buried Bones when he told him her body was never found, choke me up every time, those scenes are just incredible. Gary puts so much emotion into them.
On that note, yes, a good emotional storyline/stuff for Mac that doesn't involve him being in danger. Something like when he first met Reed, or in the s1 finale when he was getting up the nerve to date again, or in Yahrzeit this season (though I haven't seen it yet I've heard it's a good ep emotion-wise for Mac)

*runs to supply closet*:devil::devil:

See I would love to see all of these. But I dont hold out hope, as I mentioned above we were supposed to get a scene with Mac and Don after Snow Day and CBS cut it to fit a song into the show...I mean come on..:scream::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall: But I can hope cant I...????

What I'd like for s6:

- To see more of Mac outside the lab. I'd love to see his apartment, and I'd love to have some friends of his introduced that aren't from the lab, some Marine buddies or something. I love seeing Mac at work and his relationships with everyone on the team, but I'd love to see more of him away from work too.

-To learn more about Mac's time in the Marines and his marriage to Claire, perhaps the early days after her death too, how he coped etc.

-More Mac/Sinclair scenes, they have a complex relationship, and Sinclair isn't afraid to call Mac out on his behaviour at times, yet also has been there to help/support him, and vice versa - Mac has very vocally criticized Sinclair at times, but he's offered him support as well. They play off each other very well.

-More casual!Mac.

-More Mac/Adam and Mac/Sid scenes, both bring out Mac's humourous, teasing side, which is always fun to see.
Again love to see ALL of these

I would love a good scene with Mac and Reed about Claire or Mac's past. I would really like to know more about her and Mac's past.

I would love to see his apartment as well we have seen nearly everyone elses..

An ex Marine friend turning up would be great *cough* Gibbs *cough*

I love all the Mac/Adam scenes and his relationship with Sid.

And I agree the whole Mac Sinclair dynamic is interesting. Shame he has signed to do 24 so he probably wont be available for season 6. :(

Casual Mac is a MUST...:devil: Mac looked yummy in Can You Here Me Now..:drool:And he looks great in ep 23 of season 5..working on a case on his own time..:drool:

And Macslady you are going to LOVE Yahrzeit on Saturday...

I just watched 'The Past, the Present and Murder' and I thought it was really hot when Dunbrook got shot at and Mac totally took charge of the situation getting him out of the way and getting his gun out and then when he told the reporters when it was okay to get up. I love take-charge!Mac. Also loved the scene where Dunbrook asks Flack 'You giving me orders now?' and Mac says 'He is. Back off!' getting right in his face. Also when he called that FBI agent a 'useless SOB'.:drool:
I felt the whole 'Mac/Dunbrook as enemies' thing was kind of a waste of both Gary and Nelson's talent though. Dunbrook turned out to be not all that interesting a nemesis for Mac, not as interesting as Sinclair, Dobson, and D.J. Pratt were.

See I thought the ep was a waste of their talents as well. I mean for gods sake, you have 2 Emmy award winning actors in the one ep and you waste it on poor clichéd writing..

I know when the ep aired there were a lot that went on about Mac being OTT in it but I didn't see him as OTT. He knew something was off that Dunbrook was lying and he was frustrated but thats it. But the episode was a let down plot and writing wise. Mind you, like yourself, I did like take charge Mac.

Last edited:
i like take charge mac too, but not as much as angry mac. luckily in the past, the present and murder, there was a fair bit of both :D

i like his dynamic with sinclair too - i really like the episodes where sinclair actually gets stuck in and helps in a practical sense (like when they go to rescue Reed) rather than when he's just tearing strips off mac for doing something that to anyone other than him seems fairly rational!

Greetings, fellow dwellers in the Mac Gutter! First off, love all the pics so thanks to everyone who's posted some.
Second, to anyone who is doing exams/tests anywhere - good luck! I know it's 'exam season' here, my sis just finished her AS levels, and Sam is learning to drive....so good luck to anyone taking any exams or tests! Also, if you've just finished school/college for the summer - congrats, make sure you have a really relaxing time.

Ok, back to lovely Mac...

Warning guys LONG post, real life and work got in the way ... so making up for lost ime.
RL is a pain in the a**. I vote we do what those people in the episode of CSI Vegas did. It was the one where this guy started his own church and called it the Church of the Steve. I think we should have a Church of the Mac with regular holidays to be devoted to drooling over him.:lol:

I am so glad I wasnt the only one whos thoughts went STRAIGHT to the gutter..:guffaw::guffaw::guffaw:
The Gutter is one of the holy sites of the Church of the Mac.:lol:

Oh yes please more action Mac would be great especially if he ends up wet and loosing more of his clothes..:devil::devil:

But seriously I would love to see another great action ep like that..
I'd love that! Especially if it involves a wet Mac losing more clothes.:devil:

Casual Mac is a MUST...:devil: Mac looked yummy in Can You Here Me Now..:drool:And he looks great in ep 23 of season 5..working on a case on his own time..:drool:
Can't wait to see that ep. Not only for casual!Mac but because I love when he goes above and beyond on a case, and uses his own time to solve it or reach out to the people involved (examples are The Closer, Supply and Demand, Heroes) it's honorable and sweet and just....*sigh* It makes me want to hug him. Well, more than just hug him, actually...:devil:

And Macslady you are going to LOVE Yahrzeit on Saturday...
Seriously, I can't wait. I have a family thing that night, so I'm setting it to record, just in case I don't get back in time. I'm really looking forward to it though. Nice that it will air on D-Day, with the WW2 connection and all.:bolian:

I just watched 'The Past, the Present and Murder' and I thought it was really hot when Dunbrook got shot at and Mac totally took charge of the situation getting him out of the way and getting his gun out and then when he told the reporters when it was okay to get up. I love take-charge!Mac. Also loved the scene where Dunbrook asks Flack 'You giving me orders now?' and Mac says 'He is. Back off!' getting right in his face. Also when he called that FBI agent a 'useless SOB'.:drool:
I felt the whole 'Mac/Dunbrook as enemies' thing was kind of a waste of both Gary and Nelson's talent though. Dunbrook turned out to be not all that interesting a nemesis for Mac, not as interesting as Sinclair, Dobson, and D.J. Pratt were.

See I thought the ep was a waste of their talents as well. I mean for gods sake, you have 2 Emmy award winning actors in the one ep and you waste it on poor clichéd writing..

I know when the ep aired there were a lot that went on about Mac being OTT in it but I didn't see him as OTT. He knew something was off that Dunbrook was lying and he was frustrated but thats it. But the episode was a let down plot and writing wise. Mind you, like yourself, I did like take charge Mac.
I didn't think he was OTT either. He was just....'Mac'. But then, we are just the tiniest bit biased!;) I just wish they'd given Gary and Craig something better to work with, though.:rolleyes:. But it's Yahrzeit on Saturday, so I'm happy.:)

thanks for the luck, i've just had exams and have an essay still to go [/ot]

i'm really looking forward to yahrzeit, it will appeal to me on many levels i think. i agree that airing it on d-day is a stroke of genius - i assume it was intentional but given that the season's run in order it's possible it wasn't (there were a couple of weeks off so maybe those filled it in to get this episode for tihs week?).

as for the church - i'm the least religious person on earth but i might be converted :)

Fruitbat
Casual Mac is a MUST...:devil: Mac looked yummy in Can You Here Me Now..:drool:
I totally agree Fruitbat. :devil::devil: Casual should get back ASAP :drool::drool::drool: *please dear writers?* And to prove our point I brought along some caps from the ep.

401_00007.jpg

401_00065.jpg

401_00974.jpg

401_01548.jpg

401_01555.jpg

And pppp...lease... get that tush in to a pair of tight jeans next season :drool::drool::drool:
401_01607.jpg

Have great weekend, girls. ;)

My dear Fruitbat,

I have to confess that I have sometimes a bad conscience because I can´t controll my thoughts.....
3dlover.gif

BUT

It´s not only my fault, why must he look so.................casual????

img9.jpg

3dmagicien.gif

Fruitbat
Casual Mac is a MUST...:devil: Mac looked yummy in Can You Here Me Now..:drool:
I totally agree Fruitbat. :devil::devil: Casual should get back ASAP :drool::drool::drool: *please dear writers?* Have great weekend, girls. ;)

Dear CSISenna,

casual enough?????

I wish all Gary-addicts a great weekend!!!

Udonna:luvlove:

And pppp...lease... get that tush in to a pair of tight jeans next season :drool::drool::drool:
401_01607.jpg

I second that motion:devil::devil: he just looks...well for want of a better word, HOT in jeans. There has to be a plausible reason for him to be wearing jeans again soon. Right? Like...I don't know, someone pushes him into a swimming pool, maybe?

Oops. It appears I've landed in the gutter again, and WON'T be leaving for some time. Oh the shame :D

I saw 'Yahrzeit', what a fantastic episode, especially for us Mac fans. I loved Pissy!Mac with Elgers and with Klein/Braun, and I really loved the emotional scenes in the episode, how Mac struggled with the whole subject of the Holocaust, it really seemed to hit him hard - when he was first watching the testimonies in Lesnick's office, and then when he watched the one about his father. The scene at the end with the Schnitzler lady was just....perfect. It reminded me of Heroes when Mac took the watch to the Marine's fiancee. It was so sweet when Schnitzler kissed Mac on the head, and how Mac seemed really not sure what to do with himself during that entire scene. When they held Yahrzeit together at the end and Mac lit the candle in honour of his father, I loved the emotion in the scene, and it showed how Gary can convey emotion without saying a word. Once again, we got to see Mac wearing a yarmulke and I thought he looked cute with it.

Absolutely loved Mac's utter disdain for Elgers especially when he called him a 'cracker' and said back in the day he'd have put a bullet in his head. Also loved how angry and disgusted he was with Klein/Braun. I haven't seen Mac that pi**ed off at a suspect since the terrorist in The Deep. This was another case that really hit Mac hard and pushed his buttons, really interesting to see.

Very interesting bit about his dad - an Army man - that explains a lot about Mac's desire from childhood to join the military. The way the man who his dad saved described him makes me think Mac gets a lot of his personality traits and his high morals from his dad. His dad's name being McCanna is intersting - that's obviously where Mac's name comes from. Nice little homage to Gary's son, too.

This is my favourite ep of season 5 so far, and definitely goes on my'Favourite Mac Episodes Ever'. Loved the Mac/Adam scenes too, they're always great together.

401_01607.jpg
I second that motion

i have to confess the first time i read that post i thought it said to get it in to a pair of tights :eek::guffaw::eek::guffaw:

Also loved how angry and disgusted he was with Klein/Braun. I haven't seen Mac that pi**ed off at a suspect since the terrorist in The Deep. This was another case that really hit Mac hard and pushed his buttons, really interesting to see.

Very interesting bit about his dad - an Army man - that explains a lot about Mac's desire from childhood to join the military. The way the man who his dad saved described him makes me think Mac gets a lot of his personality traits and his high morals from his dad. His dad's name being McCanna is intersting - that's obviously where Mac's name comes from. Nice little homage to Gary's son, too.

i thought that was a nice little nod too :) and you know i love angrymac so i thought those interviews were great. but they were also great in terms of them showing just how vile these people were.

This is my favourite ep of season 5 so far, and definitely goes on my'Favourite Mac Episodes Ever'. Loved the Mac/Adam scenes too, they're always great together.

same here :D

401_01607.jpg

[/QUOTE]
I second that motion[/QUOTE]

i have to confess the first time i read that post i thought it said to get it in to a pair of tights :eek::guffaw::eek::guffaw:[/QUOTE]

now thay brings an intresting thought to mind:guffaw:

Last edited:
Hi! :D

Jools those pics are :drool::drool::drool::drool: hmmm definitely we need to see more Mac wearing jeans! :devil::devil::devil: Although suit pants are quite nice also, when he doesn't wear the jacket! :lol:

I got a new laptop during the weekend :cool: and it's far more better than my old one! :hugegrin:So I got an idea to edit some pics! :p

Buckets ready! Here's detective Taylor without shirt!!! :devil::devil::devil:

WARINING! This material is HOT STUFF! So sit steadily and remember blink your eyelashes so you won't happen this:
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
H08HeartBeating.gif

301_0001.jpg

301_0005.jpg

shirtlessmac.jpg

shirtlessmac2.jpg

shirtlessmac3.jpg

CSINY_224_270.jpg

Enjoy! :devil::evil::devil:

I noticed one pretty interesting thing when I watched 5 season second last episode were Mac and Stella are in Greece and...well...check for yourself! :guffaw:

5x24-0611.jpg

Last edited:
Bless you, Sam222 and your new laptop too. Definitely, it is really hot stuff in this hot wheather.
Aw, honestly I didn't like Mac in white shirts, but now I need to watch some eps more closely.

Ow Sam you're so perceptive, thank you hon. Even though it has been a cold day this warms my heart. :drool::drool::drool: Keep them coming, ladies. :devil::devil::devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back