Who would you cast? *Spoiler for season 6!*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jun 6, 2009.

1. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

In case you missed it, NY will be adding a new character next season:

We've all be discussing the pros and cons of adding a new CSI and/or getting rid of an existing character over in the spoiler discussion thread, but I thought it might be fun to have a place to share who we wish the show would cast to play this part. So:

If you could pick the actress to play Kaye Sullivan, who would you choose?

2. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Anne Dudek

She's currently not working, unless she returns for her guest-appearances on House for a few episodes next season. She's got quick humor, extremely sexy, and attractive. Definitely fits the role.

3. sad_girl

sad_girl Rookie

I prefer to save old cast and add Kaye - if she is pretty, it can be a new love interest for Adam:). But seriosly - they want new Lindsey, ha. But younger. Very strange
    I like Kristanna Loken

Last edited: Jun 6, 2009
  4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

How about Sasha Alexander? She's a good actress, did beautifully on NCIS for two seasons, and is smart.

She's been brilliant in everything I've seen her in. Knows how to play a strong female character very well, and has a good way about her. Can also show vulnerability quite well. She also has a sense of humor.

Susanna Thompson, played on NCIS in a guest role. Very much a good strong female character who can hold her own with the big boys.

Jessica Steen, Played on NCIS, as well as having other recurring roles on Flashpoint and Heartland. Good actress, if a bit older than what they're calling for, but younger than Susanna Thompson.

Jeri Ryan or Jennifer Lien wouldn't be bad either, but I like Alexander, Steen or Thompson best.

5. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

Since I don't watch much US TV outside of CSI, I was trying to think who in the UK could fit this role. The only 3 I could come up with were:

Kara Tointon - definately fills the sexy requirement (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0865652/)

Laila Rouass - more sultry and a little older (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0745509/)

Hannah Spearritt - more cute than sexy but definately young and fresh (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0817339/)

Most of the women on primetime UK TV would be too old I think, they tend to be late 30's/40's - Anna Friel, Sarah Parish, Amanda Redman (I have ignored the cast of Hollyoaks due to their limited acting).

6. meggzie

meggzie Police Officer

good point i think she would be a good choice

7. mjszud

mjszud Captain

I'd like to see them add a blonde or redhead so I went with this one. Elisabeth Harnois http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0363699/ played 'Jill' in the CSI:Miami episode 'Darkroom' - she was more of a redhead in the epi than in this photo -http://www.imdb.com/media/rm129144832/nm0363699
    I think she has one of those looks that can be sexy & sweet at the same time. I haven't seen much of her acting skills (though her Imbd slate looks pretty nice) but I always thought she did a pretty good job in her role from the 'Miami' episode.

8. Faylinn

I don't have any specific women in mind at the moment, but I do know that I'd like the show to use this as an opportunity to add some more diversity to the cast.

9. Ceindreadh

Ceindreadh Pathologist

Well if CSI NY could write a character that was less irritating than Kate Todd, I'd be interested to see her in it. That said, given that she left NCIS because she couldn't take the filming schedule, I can't see her signing up for another regular tv role (then again, with the larger cast and the way there's usually 2 storylines running per ep, plus of course the montages that fill out the eps, it probably wouldn't be as hectic as NCIS was)

Now that Eleventh Hour has been cancelled, what about the blonde FBI agent, Marley Shelton (?). She rocked.

10. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Bring Emmanuelle back!! To me, she was perfect for the show, she had that "New York Girl" look that I really liked. And played well off of the other characters especially the guys. She was a tomboy yet a sexy one.

Anyway, i know they won't do that. But just please try and get someone that looks like they're from NY, not another country girl. And please don't make it a blonde. An ethnic woman would be good. I'm cool with redheads too. BTW, is it pronounced KAY or how would that go.

11. smacked4ever

smacked4ever Prime Suspect

i am thinking of rosa blasi from "strong medicine" and did appear on csi miami as a guest star once. she has the new york look and she can also do the assent very well and also is a very strong actress.

12. Queenie

Queenie Witness

I loooooooove Sasha Alexander!! After she left from NCIS I've missed her so much. :(

I agree with you. I guess Sasha is more concentrated on movies and small parts but as you said about being on CSI:NY it might not be that hectic it could work.

I would really love to see her in another TV show now after NCIS. I think she's great. It would be a dream come true for me if she joined CSI:NY cast. Melina and Sasha in same show...hotness overload. :drool: LoL

13. Faylinn

Yeah, I think it would be cool to get a 'New Yorker' for the part. The show has been missing some of that NY vibe since Aiden left, and characters like Adam and Sid haven't really added it back. NY is full of people from everywhere, but it would be great if the new girl was local. So for my money, someone who is from NYC or who could do a good accent would be at the top of the list. :)

Yeah, as far as I know, that's how it sounds.

14. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

It's my understanding that NCIS, especially in the early seasons was quite the hectic set. Everyone got along okay, but the production schedule was really grueling, especially for a TV show. I guess there were many times that they didn't wrap til 4AM. Eventually it got to the point where certain cast members demanded changes be made or they would leave.

It seems as though CSI: NY would be much more accomodating, Especially given the fact that Anna Belknap is given lattitude to be with her kids, I think they'd work with Sasha.

BTW, OT, but I find Ziva David far more irritating that Kate Todd ever was.

Whomever they get, I just hope they get somebody good who can bring something different to the table. A bit of diversity and New York Flavor would be nice, too.

15. BauerAlmeida

BauerAlmeida Rookie

The first actress that popped into my head is KATE HEWLETT!!!
    (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1968664/)

She may be Canadian, but she is a very talented actress who can do drama and humor! She was absolutely fabulous as Jeannie Miller (sister of Rodney McKay who was played by her real life brother David Hewlett) on Stargate Atlantis!

I think she would be PERFECT for this role!