Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dragonfly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

And it's very greatly appreciated :D Seriously, it's gorgeous out today, and it's actually supposed to stay that way now. *crosses fingers* Well, here's hoping, anyway.

2. allmaple

allmaple Judge

^ luckily i got used to driving on the right much faster :lol: when i was home in december i made a left hand turn and was like "wait a minute, am i on the right side of the road??"

so who thinks we should move the long weekend to this weekend? the american long weekend always has much better weather! we actually got in the pool for the first time yesterday.

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Back in the old days :lol: we used to have the Victoria Day on the 24th of May. I don't remember when it was moved to the 3rd Monday in the Month OR if the 24th falls on a Monday. I hate it when holidays are arranged to give people a 3 day weekend all the time. Anyways next year the holiday will actually fall on the 24th which will make the holiday a week later so we should have good weather :)

4. allmaple

allmaple Judge

quick rant: i was trying to buy plane tickets on northwest airlines site because it was a little cheaper than expedia, and it wouldnt let me because i wasnt american! the flight originated in london ontario for crying out loud!!! it wanted an american billing address for the credit card or it wouldnt let you go through, so i gave up and just got the ticket off expedia :(

has everyone heard about this seal controversy with the governor general? i think it is a bit ridiculous, hunting a seal for food is no different than hunting a deer etc for food. (i dont mind hunting if the people eat it all) i think there would have been a bigger uproar if she hadnt eaten it as the seal meat is a big part of the inuit culture. all the people attacking the governor general, they say nothing about the inuit people.

ps. who turned the furnace off????

5. Bellafibs

Bellafibs Victim

I did, it was getting hot

And that's outrageous about the 'Seal Controversy' :wtf:

6. Dragonfly

:scream: Okay, turn it back on already! I've had enough of this crappy weather :p

7. allmaple

allmaple Judge

so this week was convocation week at the universities in ontario. my brothers was tuesday at brock, but he didnt want to go to it. so my parents said ok (even though my mother really wanted him to go) and said we would just go out to dinner to celebrate. guess who the speaker was at his ceremony? RICK MERCER!!! i feel like i have been cheated, that would have completed my life to see rick. if my brother had known in advance of course we would have been there. oh well, thats two times i have missed out on the opportunity to see rick mercer!

the funniest thing is they gave rick an honourary doctorate in law, and brock doesnt even have a law program!

8. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Just 'cause I might not be on tomorrow due to volunteer duties, I want to wish everyone a happy Canada day! :) Hope you have fun!

9. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Happy Canada Day everyone. :D

10. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

:cool:Happy Canada Day to everyone. :cool:

Have a great one. Enjoy the Fireworks, and stay safe;)

11. Jacquie

[​IMG]

Happy Canada Day everyone. It's going to a be a cool wet day here so we're not going to be able to do our usual Canada Day celebrations. We usually sit outside and watch the Blue Jays on the tv. Mind you the way the Jays are playing these days they're not worth watching anywhere.

Anyways I hope everyone has a good and safe holiday. Enjoy the fireworks and your Timmies :)

12. Dragonfly

HAPPY CANADA DAY!!!!

All week they've been saying thunderstorms for today, but now the forecast is 22 with a few clouds, so it's perfect Canada Day weather :D I'm going to a bbq at a friends place tonight before heading to the fire works.

Hope you all have a great day!

13. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Well, I actually did get on today so I'll say "HAPPY CANADA DAY!" Okay, shout it. But whatever.

I was downtown all morning handing out flags and it was PACKED. Of course, the fact that I live in Ottawa and was on Parliament Hill might have something to do with it :lol: Anyway, hope everyone stays safe and has fun.

14. Jacquie

It's been awhile since anyone stopped by here :D

How's everyone's summer been going :) We've been having a rotten summer so far. I think temperatures are finally on the rise but we've had the coolest July since 1992 :eek: I haven't even worn shorts so far this month but the next couple of days should change that :)

We haven't had that much rain except this past weekend where we seemed to have had storm after storm. Mother Nature didn't help with the Canadian Open as round 3 was finished Monday and round 4 was played Monday :eek:

Oh well bring on the dog days of summer and lets see what August brings :D

15. allmaple

allmaple Judge

*crickets* wow, long time no post!

so im watching citytv news, and apparently a fall election is very likely?? wth?? sometimes i think the americans have it right, with only two candidates there is none of this minority government nonsense. oh well, if it does happen this time i can actually vote! i went to the wrong room last year when they were getting canadian students votes and sending them off to the consulate :lol: