Could they just hook up Mac and Stella?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by SnowScorpio, May 31, 2009.

1. SnowScorpio

SnowScorpio Victim

These two just have the feeling all the way long, but always got interruptions... I really can't take it any more, so please...
    ;)

2. Meatball42

Meatball42 Police Officer

They can't 'just hook them up'. For it to be realistic, we haveto think of the, like people, and people don't just, after working together for what is it, a decade, by now? Just say, oh, hell, let's have sex! It wouldn't fit with their characters or the tenor of the show.
    I think it's good that the writers are taking it slow. I want, and hope, that there will be a canon SMacked ship on the air, but I also want it to be realistic and believeable. Maybe one of them is the one shot in the finale, and if so, maybe that'll lead to the SMacked moment we've all been waiting for.

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Please, God, no. The last thing this show needs is the two lead characters "hooking up." Keep them as close friends and collegues to keep the show from majorly jumping the shark.

4. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Welcome SnowScorpio! :D

I can't wait for these two to be together. However i completely agree with Meatball: they have to be a couple but we need all the romance. Slowlyyyyy very slowlyyyyy. Actually Grounds for Deception was a good start. We need to enjoy the anticipation of their relationship. If suddenly we had quick sex the beauty of their relationship would be ruined. We need a true romance (without being overkill for non Smacked fans)
    We already know how solid their relationship is as friends but it's pretty clear now they have given a step forward and we need to enjoy all the process :D

BTW you are invited to the Smacked Family Thread. You will be very welcome! :D

http://talk.csifiles.com/showthread.php?t=58399&page=35

Debbie :D

5. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I totally agree with Meatball and Debbie. We need actual coupleness before a hook-up. A random hook-up would be way too OOC for them.

6. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

I know that discussion centred around romances and hookups on a procedural crime show, ships in general, any potential in pairing these two characters in any canon way, and especially a combination of all the above, will inevitably stir strong feelings. Like mine. I suppose it really shouldn't have surprised me :lol::p , but man, season five has certainly had an impact on how I generally feel about such things, more than I ever used to, and now how I'd feel about something like Smacked ever being realized within the show. Um, look. It is not my intent to offend as I offer my take. But can I just say here.

-- :shifty: --

...:wtf:.

...:vulcan:...

...:censored:.

:confused:?

:censored:!

:censored: . :censored: :censored:.

(;))

egads, please, just .....no. Leave 'em alone, PTB. Leave it for fanfics to indulge in that sort of thing. Please leave the show's two main leads and anchors separate and untethered. I do understand the compulsion people have in indulging in pairing up characters, but it would Sink. This. Show.

I'm not against Smacked as a ship, I just don't wanna see it in the show. Within its realm, I don't happen to think that seeds of Love were imbedded in season one, do not see a romance or any sort of hook up between them as having been perpetually hinted at since, nor feel it's desirable, destined, in any way inevitable; from the p.o.v. of pure viewership and good teevee, I definitely don't believe it would be a good thing for the series. I suppose I should stop holding back and tell ya how I really feel... :lol:

The characters, and the relationship they have as long time colleagues and friends, feel like such a rarity on teevee. Definitely not worth the trade off of having getting them together. Nor do I ever want the show to come to be written about them, (any more than I want to see it written about DL). I want them to be storytellers and subjects both, yes, but I also want to see the characters serving what the show is purportedly about, dat dere whole Crime Scene Investigating ting dere, wot happens in NY. Ya know?

I absolutely gotta second PA. The day that ever happens, is the day I personally head down to the studios and strip the series of the CSI brand. They can keep the show, but they'll hafta forsake it's origins and call it something else. NY 10001/90210 maybe. There was a discussion a ways back whereupon I said I would volunteer to go out swimming with sharks to select one of my liking and drag it back to help the show and it's staff launch themselves over it's toothy ass, though there are times they scarcely would seem to need the help. I would reiterate that sentiment for this scenario as well. It's a day I would stop watching the show. One of several possible days. But one that would leap to the top of the shortlist.

Just. Say. No, kids. Please.

Thank you and g'nite.

:p;)

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  7. Andromeda

Andromeda Police Officer

My tendency would be to keep it as it is, for now anyway. Because their friendship is something very special, it is almost like a relationship, just without the romance-thing. I remain scared that turning it into a real romance would spoil it. Otherwise I wouldn´t mind if "it" ever happened, but it would have to be subtle.
    @Ghawazee: you know, the hard nut thing :D

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I agree with PerfectAnomaly and Elwood21 here... I like Mac and Stella as they are. I'd hate it if they ever got together. It's not that I'm against lead characters getting together, because I've shipped leads before, but on this particular show I just don't see it. I see chemistry, just not romantic chemistry.

Me shipping Mac/Stella would be like me shipping Harry/Hermione- it ain't gonna happen.

:lol:

9. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

Yes, I would love those two to get together, but I agree with others that it would hurt the show. Do we really need two work couples, huh? Featuring two couples would turn the show into a soap opera, which we really don't need. The last thing I need to see is more longing looks while they're processing some dead guy's clothes. :rolleyes: It would have been better is D/L did not exist (in more ways than one), and I would love to see the fireworks between the two (immovable object vs. unstoppable force), but it would be too much. Darn!

10. PerfectAnomaly

Even if DL never existed (God, wouldn't that be wonderful!) I still wouldn't want Mac and Stella to be a couple. I like their dynamic as it is and I like the idea of a show that doesn't turn their lead characters into a couple.

11. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

My sweet Andromeda
    :lol: i knew you were going to say that, sweetie. I love you anyway:bolian:

Their relationship is so special that i do want to see them like a couple. Because i do believe they shared more than just a special friendship since Day 1
    People have voted at this forum they like this show for these characters. Also it was stated since the beginning CSI NY was going to be more personal-wise than the other two shows of the franchise
    So a relationship among characters it's part of a natural development, especially in the way Mac and Stella's relantionship was described since S4 because their relationship has always been sorrounded by the sexual tension

Check this video (it's old)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHmYMDLvbHo

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Nightrider's right about the two-couple thing. Plus, even though F/A no longer exists (*quiet sob*), if Mac/Stella got together, it would be three couples on one team. Six people from a team of nine.

It could quite possibly kill the show, and I don't want that to happen.

13. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

There are things to kill a show. Not necessarily only putting two main characters together.
    Besides, i think it's wrong (IMHO) to talk about 1,2 or 3 or even 4 couples.
    Couples are determined by their chemistry and by fans.
    I DO want them together.I DO want their relationship changes (actually it's obvious it has changed) but slowly. I don't pretend hardcore sex on the office desk at the beginning of S6.
    I want romance pure and unique

14. PerfectAnomaly

How is it "wrong?" It's a valid point that pairing up multiple couples from a small core of characters is overkill and has a negative impact on the believability of a show for some people. Just because you don't agree with that point doesn't make it "wrong."

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

This show has had enough couples. It would just be overkill.