Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MomentarySetbac

MomentarySetbac Victim

Something fun and flirty would be cute, but I'd also love to see something tender like you described (kissing in the morning, leaving for work) or something intense. It's just that this has been building for seven years. Their friendship is so deep and now they've got the romantic aspect on top of that. There's no way that relationship isn't really emotionally intense. The writers could really take advantage of that, but on Miami they're a bit lost on the romantic stuff sometimes, I think, haha. I don't know what we can hope to get from them.

2. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

First of all I'd like to see more physical contact between those two:scream:. They are a couple for some time now, obviously care about each other deeply and all we got so far was only two kisses. Don't get me wrong it was cute, but it was just sweet kisses not fiery and passionate. And since then nothing serious, though I liked the scene in Wolf in sheep's clothing, it didn't look exactly like I'd like it to be.;)

I mean they are dating for few weeks, they are kissing, sleeping with each other and at work they even don't try to touch each other when no one's looking. I'd like to see something like that, maybe not at the crime scene, but when they are in the car or in the locker room. It doesn't have to be very hot kiss (though of course I wouldn't mind:))but just a touch of hands or one of them leaning and whispering something to another's ear. Simple yet very intimate gestures showing how close they really are and how much passion is between them. I'm sure Adam and Emily would play it wonderfully. They always are amazing together.:adore:

And of course after the finale this year we definitely deserve truly sultry love scene with E/C. If they can show some love scenes performed by other people like the one in the Chip/Tuck why couldn't it be Calleigh and Eric:confused:? People who complain about E/C say that there's no chemistry between them, so producers, writers give them finally a opportunity to prove that all those people are so wrong and write a proper, hot, full of passion love scene. ;)

3. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Hey All! Been gone for a while, see you've been busy:thumbsup:

I definitely think there will be trust issues because he did go against her pleas. He was dishonest twice, so that would certainly be an issue that may come across again down the line. I also think, that if she did shoot him, she will always have the inner guilt about causing him physical pain. She did promise to protect him, but in turn unintentionally hurt him.

I would definitely love to see a scene like that for Eric and Calleigh. I don't like that they haven't shown more physical contact or more of their personal lives. I was watching a couple of episodes or CSI NY last night, in which on 3 back to back episodes, I got to see Stella's apartment again, Flack and Danny at a basketball game, and Danny at his apartment twice. I really think they need to delve into thier personal lives a bit more. Not to make it soap opera-ish, but to give it more of a little warmer tone. They could have Eric and Calleigh at dinner, or at Calleigh's again, maybe sitting down together watching TV, or even Eric's condo. I know it's not the CSI Miami way, but that would be nice to see. I won't give up until I see that bedroom scene :thumbsup:

By the way, IMO, I thought Kristine's analysis on Calleigh and Eric was great. I especially liked what she said here:

Her faith in him isn't easily shaken. That's why she had to try and get it through him, by the care in her tone, that he means too much to her for her to watch him hurt himself and go down a terrible road. I really can't get over her performance in this episode.

4. calleighfan1

calleighfan1 Victim

Yeah, i was just thinking about the scene where she shows him the photo. My favorite line of that was: "You cannot cross this line. I won't watch you do it." I absolutly loved it. To me it was like she was saying: You try something. And I'll stop you. (and we know she can!!) :)
    I agree. Emily's performance in the finale was UNDESCRIBABLE. I LOVED IT!!

5. bogglesthemind

bogglesthemind Dead on Arrival

This has been a little bit of a wierd season in terms of romance writing. I love that they finally got EC together, but I agree that they honestly did a better job of creating the illusion of intimacy in previous seasons. Emily and Adam have proven they can play it, if it's written well. Thinking about the cheek kiss in Just Murdered, the "Eric" in Burned. These interactions were hotter than any of the scenes we've gotten this season. I can't tell if it's that the writers are intentionally doing this (ie the characters are overcompensating by being too detached at work to keep their relationship private) or if the writers are trying to write a relationship but not overwhelm viewers with it, and as such, eliminating chemistry that was always their before. Did that make any sense???

Anyhow, I don't see the characters being the type to be unprofessional at work (kissing/making out), but I agree that a hand squeeze, nudge, or just a touch on the back or shoulder combined with something as subtle as a "hi" before moving into script dialogue would go a long way to show intimacy between these two and wouldn't compromise on their professionalism.

As for how the premiere will play out next season, I just don't know what to expect. I feel as though both Cal and Eric will have valid reasons to be angry at one another, but also I think that Cal's fear/concern will overplay her anger, at least until Eric's safety is confirmed. I honestly hope the writers do justice to this relationship and give them some good dialogue about the issues of trust and being honest with each other. I want to see them reunited as a couple (and sure wouldn't mind if that came with some physical contact), but I also hope they resolve the trust issues and that that doesn't just get blown off. I think if they show resolution via conversation AND physical unity, it will provide a stronger foundation to keep building the relationship over next season.

6. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

I do feel that they aren't trying to saturate it, considering it was this big old thing building for such a long time. It would be such an anti-climax if it ended how Eric and Natalia did. I'm happy that they are together. It was such a big hoopla for the writers to do this.

But, it would be great if we got to see the night BEFORE wolfe in sheeps clothing. (am i right? lol) Of course, the writers are trying real hard for us. We have gotten a lot of cute scenes this season. probably not more than any other season that wasn't weird. (and we all know which one). I think we need some more in season 8. If a couple makes it through the season finale, chances are, they will be around at least for the next season. So, once (not if) Eric and Calleigh get all this Russian poopy out of their way, they can be happy and cute like the ought to.

I also agreed with the whole not wanting to "eliminate chemistry". But then I thought to Grey's anatomy (my other guilty pleasure) and realized that Meredith and Derek have been all loveydovey since season one and, at the end of season 5, still have great chemistry (although the relationship did get a little on again-off again-on again, etc.)
    omg, id pay money for that. just a sexy look or an ass grab. OH! they could have a lil somethin in the elevator. or locker room.

I just watched the scene in 7.02 where Eric Delko calls the druggie "cute". at least he wasn't saying that at the end of the season. grrrrr

so very true. I think that if Eric goes to the hospital, Calleigh will go with him. and as soon as he is in the clear, she will ride him. In the figurative sense. Then the literal.;) But in all honesty, I imagine them talking it out. Calleigh talking to him about her trust issues, and Eric feeling guilty. Then they could make it up.

7. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

:lol::thumbsup: Oh lord. That would make many of us a little too happy I think. But ... we all deserve it... Eric and Calleigh deserve it.

BTW, thank you to all those for anwsering my question... I love reading everyone's opinions... usually because I freak out every episode and can't think logically. Without all the specualation here, I am sure I would be in a mental institution by now.

Wow.. that's a hard one. I think I would like to see a bit more of their domestic side. Maybe cooking dinner together... or at the beach or something, just being cute and lazy.
    Or maybe even some passionate lovin' in the gun lab.... :alienblush:

Edit: I know there are probably a lot of fics with this premise, but one of them gone for a few weeks, to a conference or something. Just showing how they miss eachother, an airport pick up maybe. That might be cute...I mean in Sink or Swim he wasn't gone for long at all... and we got a hug and two kisses. Imagine weeks... hehe

8. D&Daddict

D&Daddict Police Officer

9. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I am suffering from hiphugger withdrawals. Only 17 more weeks until the season premiere. (Yes I am pathetic, I know. LOL)

Thanks for answering my question everyone!

I would love to see them out on a date, something not too over the top. I know that CSI: NY has done the policemans functions, I would love to see Miami do something like that. Where everyone gets dressed up and of course something bad happening, but nonetheless I would love to see Eric in a tux :drool: and Calleigh in a beautiful gown :thumbsup:.

Alright question time again, feel free to answer, if I am getting annoying, please tell me :lol::

To what lengths do you think Calleigh will go to find Eric? How much of her emotions will show when they are interrogating a suspect to get the truth (think Eric in All In when he was interrogating that guy about where Calleigh was)?

10. VirGodess1923

You know you're absolutely right! I think that the scene's they had in earlier seasons were a bit more at ease than in season 7 alone. For some reason, I notice that their sweet scenes sometime come off forced, but only because of the writing and the direction. I agree that they may not want to push it too much to have the non-shippers get annoyed at the lovey-dovey scenes, but we have been waiting for this for 7 LONNNNNNGGG YEARS!! It would be great to see them sneak kisses, hug, or yes a slob-me-down-throw-me-against-the-wall love scene :hugegrin: These two are more than capable of carrying this out for the viewers. I think they deserve their time to finally shine and give us the gooey stuff now. Not too much, just enough to satisfy our pallet ;)

You're not, counting the weeks, too :lol:

Oh I'd pay to see that one! I would like to see mouths dropping to the floor, sexy, handsome Eric in his tuxedo and Calleigh in a beautiful strapless gown. Something black-tie would definitely be great to watch. Maybe all of the team sitting at an award ceremony for Horatio or Frank at a table, then BOOM!! :alienblush: Ok, a little FanFicky, but it would be interesting to watch how that plays out.

Not annoying at all, keeps us going and these are great questions :thumbsup:

I think she will go all lengths to find him. Thinking how Calleigh feels right now and knowing that this is her love, she will probably not rest until she finds him. Eric didn't rest until they found Calleigh and yes he was really angry in that interrogation. Eric is the aggressive interrogator, but Calleigh packs a few punches herself. I think she will handle the interrogation the same way she did with the guy that shot at her in Stand Your Ground and the way she interrogated the guy that shot Eric in Man Down. She's pretty tough in interrogations and this probably has taken her over the edge. Its probably going to be the mother of all, so I can't wait to see this. She will probably have to control herself from ripping someone's head off and Ryan will probably have to hold her back:lol: Let the rumble begin!!

11. electra

electra Pathologist

Considering what I have seen of CSI romances(GSR,D/L),I feel blessed with Eric and Calleigh relationship.But I think the writers are not taking advantage of their full potential.I mean,they are just so hot together and have that amazing chemistry that I want more and more of them.

But unfortunely they have generated this huge reaction among fans(positive and negative) that the writers will milk it for what is worth and that include angst and drama.

12. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Since it's obvious she cares about him very deeply I'm sure she'll do everything in her power to find Eric. She's scared, mad and truly concern about his life so I guess she might be pretty harsh interrogating a suspect whoever it'll be. Eric definitely was pissed when he came to Cooper's condo and asked him where Calleigh is and despite the fact she controls her emotion much better then Eric I guess the interrogation won't be much nicer for the suspect she'll question. Maybe she won't threaten this person to death, but definitely it won't be a pleasant interrogation. Though after her reaction in finale I'm even able to believe in the fact she can threaten to a suspect (maybe not death, but still:)) if it helps to find Eric.:)
    Because as we all know finding him is her priority right now;).

13. VirGodess1923

I just read this on another CSI Miami site - spoiler for Season 8

The summary for season 8,the first eposide:

What's going to change their love/hate :)confused:) relationship forever?? I'm not aware they have that kind of that relationship...What is the disturbing news? :( I'm just confused now. I know how spoilers can be, but I don't get it. If they are trying to boil up some mess, than please, be specific :scream:

Is it 17 weeks yet?? I don't know about everyone else, but I'm having Calleigh and Eric withdrawal :(

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  14. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

There's a spoiler already? That surprises me. I'm not sure how much stock I would put into it being we still have a long way to go before Season 8 begins.

But I wonder what they mean when they say "love/hate" relationship. When have Eric and Calleigh ever "hated" one another? Before they finally became a couple, there was nothing but respect and admiration for one another. Now that they are in a relationship, those feelings have only intensified.

Do they have spats? Sure. Do they hate each other? No way. I take issue with that.

I want a word with whomever wrote that spoiler. LOL. :wtf: :lol:

15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Are you serious! WTF.....(sorry i am having a bad day) :scream:

I didn't think that they had started writing season 8 yet, but I could be horribly wrong.

VirGoddess, where else do you get spoilers, PM if you don't mind, I am curious to know.

Eric & Calleigh love each other, what don't these people understand :scream:

I need new CSI: Miami episodes like yesterday. I don't think I will make it until September. :scream:

What else can these writers throw at these two. They have been through everything and now supposedly they are going to throw something else in their way. They are meant to be together, plain and simple. If anyone deserves a happy ending it is these two. I can't think of any other thing that would come between them. Eric having a kid he didn't know about would be too cliche...Jake coming back would make me very angry, so what else are they thinking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.