Episode 7x25 "Seeing Red" - ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

OMG Wots happened 2 eric- in response to another post bout cameron west i fink we will see his body be discovered in the first episode n at first they fink its eric- i loved the ending although sum ppl may fink it wos predictable n in sum ways i'd agree but n this mite sound a bit horrible bt i loved the fact that calleigh is so devastated bout eric it really shows a side 2 her we rarely see cos she cums across as very tight with her emotions she keeps them in check n i absolutely lved it ne1 got a heads up wen the nxt season starts cos i CANNOT w8 xx

I felt sad for Calleigh,I wish she wouldn't blame herself. Eric put himself in the line of fire.

I'm wondering if they'll decide their relationship conflicts too much with their jobs and this kinda thing, and break up next season.

Am I the only one that thought Ryan's concern for Calleigh was cute? They should be friends more often again.

You are not the only one, I loved that scene. I've always loved watching Calleigh and Ryan as friends and I am glad there've been more scenes of them towards the end of the season.

Am I the only one that thought Ryan's concern for Calleigh was cute? They should be friends more often again.

You are not the only one, I loved that scene. I've always loved watching Calleigh and Ryan as friends and I am glad there've been more scenes of them towards the end of the season.

Yeah, I really love their friendship. It almost rivals the friendship of Warrick and Nick on Vegas. :) I love that they mixed up it up to have the platonic friendship be people of opposite genders.

Episode did good in the ratings.CSI Miami scored 8.9/15 last night.I think they did better then vegas season finale.At least that's one show that I don't have to worry about being renewed.;)

I just watched the finale again and have some additional thoughts. I'm putting them in spoiler tags just in case...

The end really left me lots of questions. Eric is gone! Where is he? If he got out on his own, he must not be gravely injured. Why is he gone? Is he seeking medical attention? Is he out to take care of the Russians on his own? Or some other reason all together? If that is so, why did he leave his father there in the car alone knowing that the mob is after him? So then that led me to think, maybe he was TAKEN by someone in the mafia. Now, more questions. Why did they leave Sharova and not kill him? If they did take him, why? Is the mob blackmailing Sharova like they did with Ryan. If he doesn't do something for them they will kill Eric? Was Sharova left alone because he is involved with the whole thing? Furthermore, why was Horatio seen looking very closely at that area of disturbed ground by the swamp? It appears that a boat or hover craft may have been there. Lots to ponder over the long summer months. I know that Eric is not dead, I think we'd know if Adam was not returning. Just like I knew last year that Horatio was not dead. Calleigh walking off and breaking down also left questions. Will she forgive Eric because he was doing the right thing and helping his father or will she continue to be mad because he lied to her? There are so many possibilities that the writers can go with this next season!
Anyway, I know some people have commented that they didn't like the finale, but I thought it was fantastic. All the questions left unanswered is just what a finale cliffhanger SHOULD be.

I had mixed feelings about this episodes. There were some good scenes:

-The gun battle (Loved it. Guess all that work at the firing range came in handy for Ryan :lol:

Kudos to the special effects crew and the stunt people. Great job and a very exciting scene! Oh, and the actors did okay, too! ;)

-A lot of folks thought it was creepy but I thought H's kiss to the cops forehead was sweet. Didn't think it was out of place at all and loved to see his emotion. The guys all man and din't think it was weird.

Thank you, luvcsimiami, for saying what I've been thinking. I thought that seen was very touching. Horatio was very compassionate and seemed genuinely upset that the man died. Horatio just can't win. Eveyone complains because he's a cold, unfeeling killer acting like Robocop and when he's truly distraught over the loss of a fellow officer, he still takes a beating. Jeez! :(

-Frank and Horatio always fun to see these two guys on screen.

Agreed. I can never get enough of those two. Frank and Ryan can be pretty good as well. In fact at times they are hysterical. :lol:

--Ryan trying to cheer Calleigh up. Loved how sweet that was and how he was trying to be a friend.

That scene was very sweet. I enjoyed both Ryan and Calleigh.

-There was a lot I wasn't too happy about...

Not fond about the Eric missing cliffhanger with NO BODY anywhere in sight.:( There isn't even a clue to where the heck he is. So yeah, AR will be back and Eric will be fine but I personally think he may be hurt a whole lot worse than first thought (at least I hope so if I'm going to have to wait three months to find out what happened. He better be near death's door darn it with a really good explanation of why he's in that position, even if they have done that already. :scream:)

Yeah. I wasn't too thrilled with the Eric goes missing thing either. I have a sneaking suspicion that Eric might have talked to Horatio, but who knows. Since I know that Adam will be back next season, I'm not really worried. This finale won't have me wondering like that text message to Ryan did last season. :)

Still not so sure Eric is the deceptive liar they were trying to make him out to be as his surprise seemed genuine when Calleigh asked to see his list of phone calls. I didn't see guilt in his face at all and usually when Eric is lying he looks guilty. His 'what is your problem' to Calleigh seemed genuine when she was digging into him about the car. The only other person I've ever heard him use that exact phrase with is Ryan in 'Nailed'. He had great reasons for his actions then and I'm just wondering if they are traveling the same road again. He and Ryan have this in common in that their team members are real quick to assume they are doing something shady when they aren't quick to spill the reasons behind why they are doing what they are doing:brickwall:

Yeah, Eric and Ryan do have that in common. Not unearned in a lot of instances, though. Eric was pretty quick to throw out a lie last week over something inconsequential. He apologized soon after, but it still plants the seed of doubt in Calleigh's mind.

They really do need to come up with something original here and not the same old same old.

-Is Sharova really a dirt bag or was he telling the truth? He has nothing to lose by telling the truth now as all the mob bosses are dead. I also don't think the guy is as quick on his feet to think up a lie that quickly especially when he looked to be in some serious pain from the concussion he has to have from the car crash but hey maybe he's really that talented.

I not quite sure what to make of Eric's "Dad", but I don't think I believe he's a good guy.

-Is it too much to ask that someone actually assume the best first instead of the worst? Is it too much to ask that for once Eric does something after fully comprehending the consequences and maybe H knew what was going on even if Calliegh didn't?

I think we have to remember these guys are law enforcement. They to see the worst people can do to each other so that doesn't make you very trusting or see the best a lot of times.

That said, it's incomphrehensible to me that they continue to first see the worst in each other. And it seems to be getting worse as time goes by. Again, I think it goes back to the loss of the team dynamic.

Eric and Horatio are very close. If Eric feels that he is protecting Calleigh by telling Horatio and not Calleigh, he may feel fully justified in his actions. But you're right, I don't think that he fully thought out how Calleigh will feel about his logic here.

-I will say that it seems a little odd that they did the good cop gone bad thing for two finales in a row. That makes me think that Eric's outcome won't be as favorable as Ryan's was. Some of the fans would be expecting that and Miami does now how to twist things. So to make Eric look like a good guy in the end like they did with Ryan would be too cliche, but in this instance I would be pissed if they can't come up with a more plausible reason why Eric ran the risk of losing everything other than he felt that he owed his father. Also, they spend so much time sowing the seeds of distrust with Ryan that it could have been believable that he might have flipped, it's not so beleivable with Eric which is why they would switch the storylines and write it this way.

Either way the finale was pretty god but I don't think it was their best and it was more painful to watch than anything else.

Well, Eric's always been pretty teflon coated. He's been well protected by both Horatio and Calleigh. I don't see that changing.

I agree this finale was good but it could have been a lot better. (Yelina was a delight, so that made me happy - but where the hell was Natalia! :scream:)

I'm not anxious to see the next season start as I have been in the past. Maybe because season 7 JUST ended. But they didn't leave me with anything to really look forward to. :(

I'm just pointing something out here. The bullet hole shown in the windshield was dead center with where Eric's face was, but as you could see when he was driving away, his head was down & he was ducking towards the left. The blood was also on Sharova's left shoulder & there wasn't really alot of blood. It's possible that the bullet just gazed the right side of his head, maybe jolting the fragment in his brain causing him to lose stability & lose control of the car, or easily it could have just been from the broken glass (seriously do you remember how much blood they showed on Natalia in 'COTC' - it was ridiculous, & she came out with a band-aid) so anyway, I don't think Eric is too terribly injured.

I see the possibility that Sharova may have done something to him to cause the wreck, but then again he could be trying to do the right thing & maybe he told Eric to flee the scene because he knew they'd be found & he'd be arrested for helping him - maybe he was trying to protect him - who really knows. They did the same thing with making Julia look like the enemy & then turned her around to be sympathised for, so it could definitly go both ways with Sharova.

It just wouldn't surprise me if they track down Eric in the first 10 minutes of the premier, he's fine but needs medical attention, Horatio miraculously clears Eric's name, then Sharova isn't mentioned for another 4 months. From what DC said about the "happenings" in the premier, it doesn't sound like it would tie into a bunch of Eric family drama. Maybe a smidge here & there, but for the most part I don't think it will continue the way H's drama did in 'Resurrection', & quite honestly if it did all wrap up in the premier ending happyhunkydorry then I'd have to ask what was the freakin' point.

I had mixed feelings about this episodes. There were some good scenes:

-The gun battle (Loved it. Guess all that work at the firing range came in handy for Ryan :lol:

Kudos to the special effects crew and the stunt people. Great job and a very exciting scene! Oh, and the actors did okay, too! ;)

-A lot of folks thought it was creepy but I thought H's kiss to the cops forehead was sweet. Didn't think it was out of place at all and loved to see his emotion. The guys all man and din't think it was weird.

Thank you, luvcsimiami, for saying what I've been thinking. I thought that seen was very touching. Horatio was very compassionate and seemed genuinely upset that the man died. Horatio just can't win. Eveyone complains because he's a cold, unfeeling killer acting like Robocop and when he's truly distraught over the loss of a fellow officer, he still takes a beating. Jeez! :(

I thought it was touching how he was about to cry over the dead officer. The kiss thing, it was sweet, but it just made me wonder why the writers chose to have H do that with this character and not have him do it with Jessop or Speed. I just wish they'd had him do something like that with them.

I thought it was touching how he was about to cry over the dead officer. The kiss thing, it was sweet, but it just made me wonder why the writers chose to have H do that with this character and not have him do it with Jessop or Speed. I just wish they'd had him do something like that with them.

Maybe his shopwing a little softness b/c his learned from his experience with Julia that being tuff isn't always a good idea. This season has been a rough one for him.

So, I dont post that often so forgive me if all this comes out a little funny.

I thought that this episode was pretty good.

I loved the "fight" between my favs e/c and loved how Eric couldnt really respond to her questions.

Ryan had some pretty good parts and shot a dude between the eyes! loved it. As much as Im an E/C fan, Im hoping to see more good, smart ass Ryan next season.

Whats up with Natalia? Is she still not that experience enough to work more with the rest of the crew?

Love Erics suit

Ok, so we see some emotion from H, but where were those emotions when Eric is no where to be seen? And will he ever bleed? get a scratch? a splinter maybe? lol i just want him to get hurt....just once. Hopefully season 8 will make it happen!

Loved the way Emily played Cal in this episode, she did a good job showing cal's emotions.

I dont think this situation will break E/C up nor do I think if and when they are outed, will they break up. It might make them stronger but I do see Eric being in the "dog house" for a while for not listening to Cal, lol

H worn a different color shirt! .....well after his first black shirt got ruined.

overall, pretty good episode and season.

Did anyone notice that Eric was almost crying in the scene where Calleigh confronts him outside the department. Just after she asked him if she could see his recent call log. He looked as though he was about to cry, possibly because he knows she doesn't believe him. It was so sad! I haven't seen him cry since Man Down when he learned that Marisol was dead.

My thoughts on the episode (better late than never, right?) Written as I watched:

-Why didn't more people get sick? It wasn't just his tray that got the poison, it was the whole batch.
- Why do they always try to make Horatio look like a god with their cameral angles?
- What's with the theme music starting early?
- Hmm... no Tara/Megalyn in the credits.
- Is that Yelina in the background?
- Yes it is!
- 15 minutes: not much to comment on. Pretty typical Miami so far.
- Eric, don't cover for/help a guy that you barley know.
- "His, or yours". dun dun dun. How ominous.
- Hehe. Ominous is such a great work :D
- Aww, this would have been a great time for Alexx to have a cameo. She wouldn't known what to do.
- "One of them is a police officer" What, so the other guy isn't as important?
- Seriously, Eric, stop helping him.
- "Do you? Do you really?" Calleigh, I'm pretty sure he does[/b] know the law.
- Ooh, car-owner-guy caught in a lie!
- 30 minutes: Where's all the action I was promised in this episode?
- Oh look, there it is.
- *sigh* Eric, how many times do I have to tell not to help him? :rolleyes:
- Poor Calleigh. She's all upset.
- Of course Yelina used the panic button. Otherwise, you wouldn't have given it to her.
- again with the 'godly' H.
- Yelina, why didn't you just run away during all of that?
- Oh, for a moment there, I thought Sharova had been shot. But that would've been too easy.
- Aw, poor Calleigh. Don't worry, he'll be okay. He survived a bullet to the brain.
- of course the episode ends on H :rolleyes:
- Oh, wait, never mind. Poor Calleigh (again)

Overall thoughts on the episode (and a few on the season):
- Eric has daddy issues. And whatever happened to the guy that he thought was his father for most of his life?
- didn't the promo say something about two cops gone bad? What happened to that?
- This show doesn't even feel like a CSI anymore. What happened to the evidence processing and the procedural stuff? Now it's all about sex appeal and action.
- I miss the early seasons.
- I miss Speed.
- This 'team' really needs someone to call them all on all their bullshit :rolleyes:

Did anyone notice that Eric was almost crying in the scene where Calleigh confronts him outside the department. Just after she asked him if she could see his recent call log. He looked as though he was about to cry, possibly because he knows she doesn't believe him. It was so sad! I haven't seen him cry since Man Down when he learned that Marisol was dead.

I did see that. It looked like it was pretty hard for him to tell her that because he knew how she would react. I posted this on the E/C shipper thread but does anybody else think that maybe Ron may have a hand in this situation with Eric? Suppose Erics dad set him up and directed Eric to the swamp and Ron was there waiting for him. Idk, but considering how Ron is, it would not surprise me one bit if he's involved. just a thought.

Watched the epi, got to tell you, like three hours before it aired I came in here, read some stuff, then I freaked out, and then read the spoilers from the people who already saw it, was calm, and watched it.

and I think I know what happened to Eric!! (though someone else prob. wrote this already).

at then end when H was looking at the ground before standing and looking off into the distance, he saw somthing, and you know what that was?

it looked like to me that a fan boat was parked there, and went off into the everglades, with Eric, I think the Russians took him after they crashed, and we'll see that when it comes back in 3 or so months :)

all in all, being that this was the first year I started watching CSI: Miami, I though the finally was cool, I like Eric and Ryan as well.

I'll give it an 9 out of 10 :)

SMW

Last edited:
Back