Survivor? We Call It Camping ~ Canadian Thread #5

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by Dragonfly, Sep 27, 2007.

1. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

We've had some interesting weather pass through the Toronto area this morning. At about 9:15am the skies went pitch black and we had a severe thunderstorm with hail. Some of the hail was about the size of a golf ball :eek: Here's a picture of the hail on our parking lot at the store. Weather for the rest of the day is rain off and on :eek:

2. Bellafibs

Bellafibs Victim

Jacquie: :wtf: Oh wow...glad we don't have anything like that here

Luf100: 22 C?!?!? :shifty: Well then.

3. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Aww, that's just not fair. Okay, I can live without the hail, but I love thunderstorms, and I've been waiting for one. We were supposed to get some last week, but they never came :(

4. luf100

luf100 Coroner

Yea, seriously. If you look up Hamilton or Niagara weather, guarantee it'll say at least 22C or higher. :lol:

It didn't rain all day like it was supposed to today. It got pretty warm and REALLY windy, and then got cool in the evening. : /

Jaquie: Whoaa. That is so strange. o_O

5. Bellafibs

Bellafibs Victim

It's been in the late 10's for the past few days, but today was about -10, even lower probably with the wind chill.
    T'was a bitch walking to school

6. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

I bet!

Well, I'm lucky. Here in Ottawa, it was about 20 C here. It was great. My French teacher actually took us outside today.

7. Jacquie

Since it is now technically the weekend here in Toronto, I liked to wish everyone a Happy and Safe Victoria Day Weekend :) the unofficial start to the summer season. Now if we could just tell Mother Nature that for the weather. As typical for the long weekend it will be wet and cool.

8. allmaple

allmaple Judge

one more day and i am back in canada!! if someone could turn the heat back on, id appreciate it :p some of the forecasted lows are in the single digits, i have been at 40 for 4 months! :eek: i dont think i can handle single digits...

and guess where im asking to go on the drive home from the airport?? there is an ice cap and blueberry fritter with my name on it! :D

9. Jacquie

Welcome back home allmaple :) and the temperatures are suppose to be on the rise starting tomorrow so that will be perfect timing for you :) Enjoy your ice cap and blueberry fritter.

10. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Welcome home, AllMaple! We'll work on the heat for you, but no guarantees. Enjoy your Timmies :D

11. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Welcome back to Canada allmaple! Enjoy your Timmies!

I had one of those Iced Coffees today. Mmmm...:)

I remember when our band came back from our New York trip. It was four days and on the way back we stopped at a Timmies. I think we broke their Ice Cap machine :lol:

12. allmaple

allmaple Judge

im home!! and im freezing! :p

it was strange, i dont think i have ever gone through the toronto airport so quickly as i did yesterday. i walked right up to an empty customs officer, got my bags fairly quickly, and was out in just under half an hour! and they changed the question on the form to "have you been to a farm and are going to a farm in canada?" so i was able to say no :p a lot of my classmates got hassled over that question last semester, they wanted to take their shoes away!

and that was one good ice cap last night! and i was so excited when i saw they had a full tray of blueberry fritters, but when i bit into in the car... apple fritter... :shifty: someone mislabeled the tray :(

13. xfcanadian

xfcanadian Pathologist

freezing? Shut up :lol: WB!

Ahhhh....so nice today.

hahaha, the two hour finale of Criminal minds was set in Canada. Tons of references, lol. They mentioned Sarnia.

14. allmaple

allmaple Judge

hey! i brought you some grenada weather in my luggage :p

being on the island i didnt realize how tan i was, since everyone else was that colour. but my family and friends are so pasty! i wasnt trying to get dark, i always wear sunscreen...

having sunlight until 8 at night is confusing me, in grenada the sun sets at 6:20 every day, all year long.

15. Jacquie

We'll have you sorted out in no time :) you'll get it all sorted out and then you'll be back in Grenada in no time :lol: