Speed/Rory #18 - A Different Shade of Badass

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Apr 16, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 21, 2009.
  1. Speed/Rory: 'Always Watching Over Us'

4 vote(s)
    22.2%
  2. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Has Risen'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  3. Speed/Rory: 'The Dead Will Rise'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  4. Speed/Rory: 'Welcome To The Company'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Speed/Rory: 'I love Hotel Rooms; Body Fluids Everywhere'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  6. Speed/Rory: 'Even Eric's Head Tells Us He's a Great CSI!'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Speed/Rory: 'Solving Cases From The Beyond, Circa 07'

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Speed/Rory: 'A Different Shade of Badass'

5 vote(s)
    27.8%
  9. Speed/Rory: 'Finally fired his gun!'

1 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Speed/Rory: 'Greg Seaton or Is It Satan?'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  11. Speed/Rory: 'Sometimes Bad is Hot!'

2 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I have a question for everyone to think about. Something I've often wondered is how Speed and Ryan would have gotten along had they been CSI's at the same time. Like, say, if Ryan had been hired before Speed died (or if Speed just hadn't died at all :lol:). Would they have been friends? Would Speed have been Ryan's mentor instead of Calleigh? And, the question I find most interesting, would it have changed the way that Eric and Ryan first got along? What do you all think?

2. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I've been thinking about that stuff too. I'll have to get back to you on it though cause I haven't decided yet!

3. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

I think Speed would have gave Ryan a chance and he would have probably shown him the ropes just as the same as Calleigh has. Delko and Ryan would have probably have gotten along better if Speed was still alive but since Speed died I always felt that in some way Delko kind of resented the fact of anyone new replacing Speed.

But as far as Speed and Ryan being friends?, I guess that might have been a possibility maybe not as close a friendship as Speed and Delko had but who knows?

4. racefh853629

racefh853629 Pathologist

I definitely think that Delko and Ryan wouldn't have been as at-odds with each other if things were different. Especially if Speed hadn't died.

Would they be friends? I don't know. I think Speed would probably regard Ryan as something of either a little brother or an annoyance (no disrespect intended). Yet maybe they could also get along. It's hard to say.

I think Speed probably would have mentored him on some level. Ryan coming into the lab would've probably run more akin to Greg on CSI, where everyone cares and has a hand in mentoring him. Ryan probably wouldn't be as accepted as Greg was (since they all knew Greg so well), but I think they would've all mentored him.

5. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I think that Speed would have been more of mentor to Ryan. I can see Ryan being a bit like the kid from Wannabe with Speed. Ryan looking up to Speed and all (not the rich and kills self part though, lol!). I also think Delko and Ryan might get along better if Speed were still alive as I feel he blames Ryan for taking his place.

BTW-Are we going to see any more of Greg Seaton on 24 or have we seen the last of him?

Last edited: May 6, 2009
  6. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

I would have to say there will be no more of Mr. Seaton as of the rest of this season! Rory was only contracted for seven Eps. this season! now seeing as how his didn't do his customary exit and die on us for the 999th time and is supposedly locked away in a federal facilaty and Jonas was blown to hell and back last night, We may be seeing him surface somewhere next season! Will he be Greg Seaton when he resurfaces? Ah! thats The Million dollar question!

I have a feeling we will see him again next season for a few Eps. maybe! I mean the President did sign and order before he duped Tony on the wepon. Somehow I think that the paper will be braught back into play and he will be out of Jail and witness protection under a new name if we're lucky! I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens next season!

7. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Noway, did they kill Jonas? I didn't watch. And LOL at Rory not doing his customary exit! Thank goodness for that! He's died enough times on us!

I sure hope he comes back, that would be great!

8. luvspeed

luvspeed Police Officer

^somehow i knew that he wasn't going to be stay long on 24! i just had this gut feeling...thats probably why i never watched. well, 1. i forgot what time 24 was on and 2. i didn't want to watch a full episode and only see him for 5 minutes.

i hope that he'll get a bigger role. that way i can have a reason to watch a full episode of 24.

9. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

But he was great in 24. I bought the episodes on Itunes so I didn't have to watch the whole show as I don't really like it. The way he played Seaton so nervous made me nervous, lol!

10. calleighspeedle

calleighspeedle Coroner

If he were to appear in season 8, I wonder how they could bring him back into the story.

11. CSISDFlash

CSISDFlash Pathologist

Maybe if Delko gets hurt in the last ep. this season, they could bring him back to tell him he can leave yet because he has to live for Calleigh! Just an idea sence hes not suppose to be real anyway.

12. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

^That's a good idea, they should do that!

Do you all think we'll see some new pics of Rory when Public Enemies has it's premiere? That would be nice. :)

BTW, did Speed smoke? I know Rory does (who doesn't, lol!) but I noticed in Big Brothers it looks like he has a pack of cigs in his pocket. See below (click to enlarge) notice his left, your right side:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  13. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

I don't think there was ever any evidence that Speed smoked. Although, just because we never saw it doesn't mean it never happened.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

Maybe Rory forgot to take his smokes out of his pocket after a break or something, lol!

15. shortea

shortea Rookie

Where is everyone?