Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Re: Eric and Calleigh #36

I'd like to preempt my post with this statement - I'm not trying to stir up trouble, just attempting to engage in discussion.

Now, having said that...

Someone in the "Dislike E/C" thread brought up an interesting point. I didn't understand what point they were trying to make at first, but when they explained, it actually made sense.

They said the fact that Eric's told Calleigh more than once that he basically can't imagine life without her seems like foreshadowing. In the context of the scenes I think he was appropriately expressing his fears, but then again, having him say it more than once was a deliberate choice on the part of TPTB and may hint at some sort of "character death scare" or "real character death".

Then again, I haven't heard of any media buzz pertaining to anyone's contract coming to an end or "another shocking loss for the CSI Miami team", but... now that I've got the idea in my head, it's hard to shake it.

What does everyone else think? Would TPTB pull another "the character's dead... wait, no they're not" like they did with Horatio by making it seem like Calleigh has died? Or would they dare kill her "for real"? And how would Eric react? I mean, obviously he'd be beside himself with grief, but... binge drinking, mental breakdown, staying in bed for a month, or the opposite - trying to work 100 hours a week?

P.S. Sorry, I know it's a morbid subject. I'd rather talk about sunshine and roses and puppies and Eric and Calleigh living happily ever after, but I really have no one else who's willing to chat with me about this, so I turn to y'all... because... it won't get out of my head until I talk about it.

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

It is an interesting and disturbing thought!! lol

However, it is isn't a bad notion b/c it is possible....I think if someone was going to die in the finale or not come out alive something would have been leaked by now...NY is killing a character off in the finale and that was leaked like 3 weeks ago and it is being played up in the "tag" for the ep.

It is not to say that a character won't be "near" death come the end of the finale. Or that someone won't leave in the opener. I personally haven't heard of anyone of leaving...Corey wouldn't tell me even if I asked. ;)

I agree with hiphugger17 when she mentioned, in repsonse to my post, that what Cal said about her protecting him b/c he protected her could definately be a foreshadowing of some kind. So could all his mentions of not being able to live w/o her....But you could look at his professions not in the sense that one of them is going to die but in the sense that one of them, the situation I am describing kind of calls for her, gets hurt...Now he has said repeatedly he wouldn't know what to do if something happens to her etc...

I think the real foreshadowing is he said those things and it is him, b/c of his decision to help his dad, that puts her in the life threatening position. He wouldn't know what he would do w/o her but what would he do if it was his fault or his circumstance that could leave his life w/o her? The last two times that she was put in danger and he professed those things, the situation or circumstance was out of his control...but this time the ball is in his court and she said she would protect him.

This of course is if Cal is the one who gets hurt in the finale. He could get hurt too and Cal could be the one to turn around and profess her inability to live w/o him.

Did any of that post make sense? :lol:

3. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I don't think they will go down that road again. We had the whole Horatio dying and it sort of started the season weird to me. :rolleyes: I know Emily's contract is up at the end of the season, but she said she will stay on as long as they want her to. Poor Eric would be a total mess if that happened. I mean, why would they kill off Calleigh or Eric?? That's just killing the show in my opinion.

It actually does make sense! :)

I just hope they won't put Calleigh in that position again. Maybe they will turn the tables this time and he's the one who happens to get hurt (hoping not) and Calliegh will be at his bedside. I think she's been through enough, really.

I wonder why he would agree to help his father after everything :confused: I know he has strong family values and all, but this man didn't even want Eric to mean anything to him, let alone put out a hit on him. :rolleyes: Its just insane to me. I think Eric would only do it protect Calleigh, if she's in danger or his father threathens her life in return of Eric doing something out of character. When it comes down to it, his father is still a dangerous man. I don't think he genuinely cares for Eric, but is looking to use him for his benefit. I think she'll stick to her word of protecting him. Even though he'll go against her pleas, she will be there watching and waiting on cue to react the second she gets a call that he's in distress. She may not like the situation and I don't think she'll keep it to herself. She will probably tell Horatio and they will go off and try to save him from making a huge mistake.

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I think that helping out his dad may be his way of "paying back" for his father coming through for him and getting him out of the detention center. Maybe Eric being the good, sensitive guy he is feels he owes him for that. Plus like some of you have mentioned Eric is a family guy and even though his father just appeared in his life I would think that the fact that he is his father is enough for him to help him out.

As for the foreshadowing or not foreshadowing of Calleigh...I don't know. I think that Calleigh is way to important to TPTB for them to decide to just kill her off for drama impact. Calleigh-centric episodes bring in great ratings. So that would leave Emily deciding to leave the show which IMO would be the most plausible of the two and I really think we would have heard something by now. If not, then we have Emily saying that she would stay till they wanted her to and even though she could've changed her mind I still see her enjoying it too much to just leave. Even though I understand were the thought comes from I still would bet that she won't die. Could they do the "faking death" again...wouldn't be very smart cause they just did that with Horatio. Would that be enough reason to stop Miami writers...probably not :lol:

5. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

God, I hope they don't do the 'faking death' thing. It would be so stupid. Also, we will know if Emily signed the contract at the end of the season, so there's not gonna be much wondering if she's gonna live or not (then again, we all knew that Horatio is going live). Killing her off for real would be totally stupid, because she is a leading female actress and we would have heard something about it.

However, the whole foreshadowing situation is possible. I think it's Eric's turn to be hurt, though. So maybe Cal will tell him not to do something, he'll do it, get hurt, she'll be by his side and he'll say that he's sorry for not listening to her.

6. Hounds of Love

Hounds of Love Prime Suspect

E/C officially just got together not that long ago so I wish they can enjoy this moment a little longer, at least to early part of S8! But I'm not surprised they're going to throw in this disagreement or rift with Eric going against Cal's wishes to not help his bio dad.

I'm all for angst but knowing these two, any rift would be short lived because of their complete trust in each other and they know that the other was only trying to protect them and did what they thought was right. As mentioned before, Eric has strong family values (case in point, the whole Marisol's cancer/happiness; taking of his grandmother in her last days), so it's fitting that Eric would help his bio dad even tho it goes against Cal's pleas. We've seen Eric's protective side over Cal but Cal is just as protective of him too (lying for him re: missing badge/pot; cheat sheet, etc.), especially now that he's her boyfriend.

I've said a few times before that I think the whole Russian mob/hit on Eric and his bio dad would come back to haunt him again where Cal would end up in the crossfire, putting her in danger. So the recent little spoiler about Eric helping his dad with life threatening results is starting to play out that way maybe! It doesn't make sense to have Eric being in mortal danger again b/c he's been in that situation earlier in Deluca Motel so that leaves Cal. I can't wait to see how that goes down. I don't think Cal would be hurt too badly or killed off (or lead to be) b/c like you guys said, we would have heard about this already. Interesting plot it would make indeed though! They've done that for last season's season finale so it'd be tres unimaginative and repetitive if they did that again.

In the end, I think this possible incident would deepen their love even more b/c Eric could have lost Cal . LOL, why does it take a life threatening situation for either Eric or Cal to take it to the next level of their relationship? Would Eric later propose to Cal if her life was endangered as a result of his actions? Life's short Eric, go for it, Super DD babies, here we come! I just hope it would open Cal up more emotionally to Eric, I mean she seems more relaxed and happy now with him but for her to let it all out and share her feelings with him would bond them more.

I'd like to add, as much as I love protective Eric, I want to see more of protective Cal too when it comes to his life being endangered ("Bulletgirl, calling Bulletgirl")!

I'm exciting about the lighthearted moment Corey has written for us in 7.22, can't wait. I know it's going to be funny and cute!

Knowing what is going to take place in 7.22, what are your favourite funny or light-hearted moments with E/C? We've asked everyone's overall favourite E/C moments, sexy, etc. but I don't think we've asked funny?

7. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Well ....as you gals say the answer is in the contracts. Any storylines however wierd or seen before will occur if actors are leaving.
    I agree with you that if any mayor character was leaving it should have leaked by now. *is Tara a main character*:lol:. PS..I am just making a joke...I know nothing about Taracharacter!!!!

But as for Eric and Calleigh.....If any actor at seasonstart or midshow told they were leaving or producers let them go (whatever) I do belive that is was a mistake to start the lovestoryline. Yes for now it has created a buzz, but where would it leave the show for seasons to come:confused:.
    Highuggers or haters, casual fans, whom ever would, Would anyone like the downerseason that would follow. :confused:. Making it so exposed and having fans tune in to follow that is risky.

By ending this exposed lovestory now they should have another one hinted and ready to take over during this season. The appeal of this lovestory has made fans expect a lot and has changed the fanapproach to show ...casual viewer or not ...IMO. As for storylines making two maincharacters start a lovestory that ended.....

1. if both characters have to stay on show they would have to convert to friends. But Miami allready did that with Eden. Have anyone ever wonder the conseqenses of Eric going back to Natalie or Calleighs reactions to loosing the man she let in to her life despite her childhood and_or previous boyfriedexperiences. What would any fanbase think of that.

2. If one of the actors are leaving and the outing or illness could make one character leave. But just this forum or tread shows you the impact of the storyline. I still belive this short lived lovestory*if it ends now* would annoy or then it would please.

As for the foreseeing was the payoff not the kiss. Yes any Russian mob thing that might come later, could hint at the words ....but as for the storyline of love he professed his love for her. She shows her love for him. She even hinted at his word in the jailscene. I hope it is just that simple.

If Adam or Emily was leaving the bullet in brain or lungproblems could let the actors leave show for any given periode to persude other stuff. Lovestory might even have fans knowing that they would return someday...Last episode perhaps. But...
    Any deaths for the two characters would leave fans without hope for a happy ending in finaleepisode. And as I stated before then they should not have started the lovestoryline at all IMO.

I am still hoping and it is just me guessing. Emily Procter turns out to be pregent. That would explain the use of loose hanging black jackets all the time...her face glowing and getting more rounded. AND the outing would make her change to nightshift so Eric and Calleigh would have to live without you... Giving actress maternaty leave seasonstart.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  8. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

9. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Yeah, but pill is only 99.98% reliable, so statistically speaking, one of 5000 women on pill will get pregnant. Of course, that is a long shot, but is possible. Now, I completely agree with you on not liking that storyline. I love reading fanfiction about EC babies, marriage and all that stuff, but let's leave that to fanfiction and let the CSI Miami be a crime show with glimpses of characters' personal lives.

I absolutely loved that one in 3.08 where they sent Ryan to that autopsy... It showed their connection, the way they just knew what the other one was thinking. And of course the end of 'Sink Or Swim' with the marriage and the gun collection comments was so sweet.

10. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

ooohhh good question :) A lot come to mind, let's see...

1. Like Marija mentioned, when they sent Ryan to autopsy :lol:. That was a classic, funny EC moment.

2. The episode were they are going to the elderly center and they have this exchange about were their grandmothers (or themselves?) would want to spend their last years. After noticing the difference in their explanations Calleigh says "cuban" and Eric says "southern". Love that little scene.

3. The scene where they are on a boat and Eric comes up from diving and says he saw a mermaid and Cal makes fun of him. Then Horatio says that he did see a "mermaid" because there's this green woman figure at the bottom and Eric looks at Cal like "ha, told ya".:lol:

4. Sink or Swim, of course, with the whole cooking stuff and "do you know how many guns I have"... classic :).

5. Inside Out (I think it's Inside Out) when Eric is explaining that the car is red and Cal says that one of the suspects is lying and then Eric says that it's blue also so she says that the other suspect is lying and he says that neither is lying so she says "you're lying?" and they share a little laugh :)

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Mornin' everyone!

The first one that comes to mind is Grand Prix, when Eric is trying to samples and no one is cooperating with him. She goes up to him and says maybe you haven't been asking the right way. The look that he gives her is classic...he was impressed. I thought that was funny.

The next one is at the end of Hurricane Anthony when he, Speed & Calleigh are all in the breakroom. She is just babbling on and on and he tells her that she would be the one find something positive to come out of a hurricane.

The one where they send Ryan to autopsy, I think its Speed Kills. That was just too funny for words.

Big Brother where he is fumbling all over his words when they are watching the webcam feed.

I am sure I am missing tons of them, but those are the ones that stick out for me.

12. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

1. Spring Break - when he was about to dive into the pool to get the body, all the girls were in the pool area watching him as he took off his shirt. They were cat-calling him and wooing. This girl called Calleigh ma'am and wanted to ask her a question, in which Calleigh said she would reply if the girl didn't call her that again. The girl asked Cal if he was single, Cal only smirked but didn't reply. When he got out the pool, it went like this:
    Eric:Cute girls
    Cal: Yeah, they thought you were cute, too
    Eric: Yeah, what did they say?
    Cal: They wanted to know if you had a younger brother
    Eric: Very funny.

2. Calleigh admitting her fear of ants
    3. Sending Ryan to the morgue for his first boil
    4. "Cuban" and "Southern" comment
    5. "You're lying" comment
    6. Broken- when he couldn't get anything out of a suspect, Calleigh took her poneytail down and put some lube on her hands. She went over to the guy and used her southern charm
    7. In Flight Risk - "Eric...Eric... This is NICEEE!!"
    8. Sink or Swim - cooking him an American meal and the gun comment.

I'm sure there are more, but I can't think of any right now...

Did anyone catch the promo yet? Whats the holdup? :klingon::shifty:

13. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

It's a lot of that kind of moments, but now I can recall a few:
    1. Wannabee (2.18) where she confess to him about her fear of ants. It's was funny, but also important moment, he's the only one she told it.
    2. Throwing heat (5.13) when she called him hot stuff, it was playful and funny.
    3. Simple man (1.07)-the whole conversation which leads to no midnight tip toe comment. Even back than they felt really comfortable around each other.
    4. Rampage (4.24)- their conversation about Gloria, I love her comment about it "see that's a problem, you love crazy until crazy loves you".
    5. Sink or swim (7.16) this is definitely the best moment ever. The way she was joking about marrying him is priceless.
    It's all what comes to my head at this moment:).

Well I have to admit I have been thinking about the season finale. And I agree with Ajbuckly, I mean if she really would be pregnant that means they'd have to think out how to explain her absence in few episode of oncoming season. And I thought that the life threatening conequencess might mean she could be injured and maybe end up in coma or something. That would explain why they wanted Khandi in the beginning of the next season. She could be her doctor, just like in SGIYC;).

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I had forgotten about that :lol:. That's a funny moment between them. Also in Sink or Swim when she went to visit him at the detention center and he said that his whole life is a lie and she anwered "I happen to like that lie". The way he laughed and shook his head like "you're crazy Cal", that was funny and cute.

I saw the promo last night. It was more focused on the guests than on the cast and it was done in a comical, imitating The Bachelor kind of theme. We did see Horatio, Ryan, and Cal. Calleigh was shown interrogating a suspect and she gave him a huge smile while telling him something to the effects of enjoying locking him up. Don't remember much else cause I just saw it the one time, sorry :(.

15. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

hey me too
    I saw it ... it was exactly how you said :thumbsup:

one quick question though "Was Calleigh wearing black again?"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.