Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Re: Eric and Calleigh #36

I will be interesting to see how this plays out as far as they are concerned. I never actually thought Eric was weak and always did what Cal said. I always felt he respected her opinion...however, he usually does whatever he wants and this is his father we are talking about. The situation is an emotional one and while he wants to help his dad b/c he helped him he is missing the bigger picture and that Cal is just trying to protect him...So while I definately think it will be a "test" or bump in the road for them, I don't think the situation is done to highlight their relationship and how his decision affects it. I think and I will explain below, think it more about how decisions one person makes, affects everyone around them on a whole.

Think of it like when a parent says a kid can't have say, a bb gun b/c they say it is dangerous and the kid will get hurt. The kid just thinks that the parent is being spiteful or controlling so he goes and borrows or plays with his friends gun and WHAM, he or someone else gets hurt. Same could be said for most adults who do stupid things like drunk driving, play with fire....basically a night at a frat party!

I am not saying that Eric is a child or a spiteful little kid or Cal is his mother, but his judgement or his need to repay a debt might so strong that he doesn't listen to Cal and goes and helps his dad.

Now the question is; who gets hurt b/c he decided to play with the bb gun?

Almost always in situations like that, it is not the person who disobeys his parents or goes against the wishes of another or the law for that matter, it is those who either are present, wish to help, or are innocent bystanders. Those are the people who usually end up paying in some way or another for the bad decisions of others.

I could see Cal, b/c she has done it in the past, cross the line with Eric and try and help him, only to be one to get hurt in the end. She could decide that, while she hates that he made a bad decision, she is notnot going to let him go through it alone. She is going to stand by him and try and help him. B/c, lets face it; that is what Cal does. She tries to either fix everything or help everyone. This could be one time she gets burned for doing it.

Although, I think it would be more interesting if his dad, who has stepped up for his son in the past, be the one to take the brunt.

Either way, I feel a cliffhanger coming on!!! :rolleyes:

I hate cliffhangers :lol:

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  2. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

First of all...hi everyone! Sorry, I've been kinda quiet...just taking it all in and lurking in the background for a while. YAY on a new thread and I can't wait to see what's next for our duo.

That being said...

I'm a little nervous about the spoiler but here's my thoughts (for whatever they are worth). We have seen how impeteous Eric can be when he thinks the people he love are in danger, especially Calleigh. What happens if the only reason that he helps his bio dad out is because the guythreatens her. Maybe not just her either, but the whole team. Even if Eric told her that was the reason he was helping, we know Eric...he would totally try and protect her anyway (hence the "going against her wishes").

What do you all think?

3. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I remember saying that when E/C kissed in Sink or Swim that it doesn't look like their first kiss. I just what to know what you guys think that their first kiss was like?

Okay, a 'duh' moment: DUH! It wasnt their first kiss. LOL! I thought their first kiss was like after the hospital, as almost everyone says, either in the house, street, car. I'm betting house and their talking and it's night time and it's peacefulk and Calleigh is thanking him for driving her home (this is sooooo fanficy!) and they just talk about what he said and he'd be saying that 'it's all true and I wanna be with you' and them BAM kiss, sweet kiss, not long cause she just recovered/still recovering from inhalation.
    If Calleigh hadn't gotten her act together this season and realized her feelings for Eric.. Do you think he would have kept waiting for her or moved on? If so, how much longer do you think he would've waited for her?

Hard to imagin, I think they'd end up in a one night stand without getting the 'true' feelings out first...Uhm, yeah, I mean he waited like a year and a half, that's long so it proves that he loves her and is capable of waiting. The only way he'd move on is if she wasn't interested and told him and he'd wait a while before getting over her (long time possibly) then move on. I've no clue how long he'd have waited for her. Love is strong so long.
    There were many things Calleigh said or did that gave little hints to Eric that she wanted him to come out and confess how he really felt about her. Out of all the hints Calleigh threw Eric, which was your favorite one that made you think "Ok, that's it - bite..BITE!!" ??

UHM Head Case! I think she got so sick and tired of giving this blind man hints, it was quite obvious to her that he loved her and she was falling for him and in order for it to work/the relationship to start she HAD to know his feelings through words not flirts. He kept stuttering and you know, dragging his feet and she was tired of it. So she just told him exactly what she wanted with an ovbvious hint: 'you need to say the words...'. that was the best hint and it did shake him a bit. Made him realize that she DID love him!

I dont like that spoiler one bit!

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  4. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Well, we're back with our spoiler box discussions. :lol:

I'm glad we know that there's gonna be something about EC relationship in the season finale. However, I wouldn't want them to break up over something like that. And I doubt they will. I mean, their relationship has barely started. Maybe this will be that first bump in the road we've been talking about. I just hope there isn't gonna be an EC cliffhanger... I'd hate to wait whole summer to find out what happens next. That would give us a lot of fics, though... I don't really know what to think about this. Writers have been really good to us lately and I'm gonna hope they'll continue in that direction... After all, hope dies last, right?

About Eric not listening to her pleas... Well, just because they are in a relationship it doesn't mean he has to do whatever she says, so I doubt she'll make a problem about something like that. I have a feeling it will be Eric's dad who gets hurt. And, of course, Eric will blame himself and Calleigh will be there to reassure him and give him some comfort.

5. Georgie

Georgie Victim

Well i don't think it will be a serious fight or anything. I mean 'going against her wishes' probably just means that she advised him not to do it in a concerned way. I think Calleigh will forgive him she is just worried about him.

I think it will be interesting to see concerned Calleigh, i mean obviously Eric survives so then he can say sorry and all will be well:adore:

6. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Hey all! Not to go a little bit off topic, but I promised to get back to you guys about those USA TODAY pics. I got in touch with the Director of Photography here's what he had to say:

I'm a little sad about this, and was desperately wishing for good news. :( Hopefully he's right about seeing them again and real soon. I wonder what kind of pics they'll produce for the next shoot :confused:

Just wanted to add that I just saw the pics of CSI:NYs Greater Good and wanted to say something about Cal and Eric...

They showed pics of Lindsay and Danny in the hospital after delivering the baby and everyone is there happy and smiling. It just makes me a little jealous because I would like to see Eric and Calleigh in a scene like that. This fraternization rule is really unfortunate. I'm hoping when everyone does find out about them, it turns out for the best because again, I wouldn't mind seeing a wedding scene or maybe a Calleigh pregnancy discovery that leads to a wedding..I know, series finale probably :(

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  7. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

VirGodess thanks for trying anyway and keeping us informed :).

I was thinking about the finale this morning and about what delkolover said about Cal:

Maybe Calleigh really does make good on her promise "you protected me, I'll protect you". A lot of us thought that this could be foreshadowing of something (even though we thought more along the lines of emotional protection, which is still entirely possible IMO) but maybe this situation with Eric's dad has also something to do with it. I just hope she doesn't get hurt in the process cause I think we've had enough of Calleigh getting hurt physically.

Agree :thumbsup:

8. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

I really wanted to see the rest of those pics it's such a shame that they can't post them on their website for us.

I don't watch CSI:NY but I saw those pics and they are so cute, I really wished they would have given that story for E/C ... It would be like the fanfictions! but in real life (well not real life) it would be really nice if E/C did get married at some point and definitely had children!

I really don't think they will have a mayor fight it'll just be that Calleigh will worry about Eric and tell him not to do something , I definitely don't think (hope) they will slit up ! They've not been together long enough .. waited 7 years and split up in what? a few monts? No way! Not our E/C. I do think they we will get a E/C related cliffy! Wich I'm not looking forward to!:scream:

9. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Even if there will be a little disagreement about it between them, I really don't think they will seriously fight over it. I mean I understand, that she might be a bit angry, because she wants him to be safe. He's her boyfriend, she loves him, so that's pretty natural she doesn't want something happen to him, but she also knows that he's guided by his feelings. And that means if he feels he can and should help he'll do it no matter what. I guess she knows him well enough to understand he can't do otherwise. It's just how he is.:)
    For me it's not enough reason to break them, it'd be really stupid if they do it and totally meaningless.:scream:
    I hope they won't spoil our summer by doing something so irrational and unnecessary.
    I have read that there are plans to make a csi feature-lenght movie and immediately I thought about how great it would be if they made a csi miami movie. Can you imagine it? Finally we could see a truly hot love scene between E/C;). Wouldn't it be wonderful?:thumbsup:

10. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I read that also and its for CSI Vegas. It would be really awesome if they did a full length movie for Miami and we most certainly would get a hot love scene.:drool::drool: I still have my hopes up we'll see something next season, though. Since I see Adam's been working out, I wouldnt mind seeing an hot, thrown against the wall-ripping each other's clothes off, love scene between Eric and Calleigh. Crossing my fingers :thumbsup:

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Thanks for the update on the pics Virgoddess!

Alright so this thought has been bouncing around my head since I read the info for the season finale...here's my hope summed up in a nice little paragraph (I am sure it will make no sense at all) :lol:

So from what we know Calleigh will ask Eric not to get in the middle of the mess that is going on with his dad (I am sure it has to do with Yelina too, but that is another story) He is going to blame himself for getting his father or Yelina into this mess (call it Catholic guilt) He goes to his father and tries to help him out of whatever mess he gets in to. Calleigh finds out and gets pissed off but goes to help him anyway. Shots are fired and Calleigh panics (because she remembers when Eric got shot) she sees Eric & his father lying on the ground. Eric gets up and sees that his father is severely injured. He rushes to Calleigh after he calls the ambulance for his father and apologizes, she gets mad at him for making her worry then she kisses him, while H and the rest of the team meet them wherever they are. At the end we see them driving to the airport. Ok so I am sure that this is a huge stretch, but hey it could happen....:lol: Oh yeah and plenty of make-up sex :devil: but we won't see that :(

12. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

If Calleigh ever ends up pregnant, I'd hate it if Eric just proposed to her because of it. That is such a cliché. I'm not big on tradition, so I say let them live just live together. Of course, if pregnancy happens I want it at the end of the series. That way they could just leave that marriage thing unresolved. I'd like to see 'let's move in together' talk, though. It would be even cuter if Calleigh was the one to ask him. I can't get enough of Calleigh showing emotions. She'd do that only for Eric. :adore:

VirGodess1923, thanks for finding the information, it's really nice of you. I'm disappointed that they won't put those pics on line, though...

I decided that everything is gonna be fine with Cal and Eric. :rolleyes: I know that it's not my decision, but let's just say I want to believe that everything is gonna be perfect between them. However, if Calleigh does something to protect Eric it could be used as a reason to why they can't work together.
    I'm thinking about that lighthearted scene we're supposed to get and I can't even imagine what it's gonna be. The epi is about marriage, right? Maybe she'll make some joking comment about Eric going to that show to find a right girl, and he'll answer that he already found her... That would be cute if done right. I can see them having that kind of conversation if they are in a lighthearted mood.

13. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

I cant wait for ep 7.22
    I want to see Corey's hiphugger last scene but i also really need to see the promo for it as well.:scream:

*so anxious* need to stay alive.:)

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Hmm I hadn't made the connection between the lighthearted moment in this episode and what the case is about. There's a lot that Corey could have used from the case to write in a cute little moment. Something like what Marija mentioned or something along the lines of Eric not being an available bachelor anymore, etc. A little OT, but has anyone seen the promo?? It's wednesday already and nada...:confused:

15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

No promo yet, but my TV is on CBS permanently until Monday....:lol:

I can't wait to see the lighthearted moment either. Again, in my head I can see them discussing the case and Eric mentioning something about the show and something along the lines of his girlfriend making him watch the show just as Calleigh walks in, they smile at each other and Ryan and/or Natalia picking up on it. That would be cute. But again, whatever Corey has in store for us will be very welcomed.

Marija:
    I would really hope that would not be the case. Not to say that it doesn't happen, but I can see Eric & Calleigh being careful until they do get married, because they will...damnit! IMO, Eric seems that he would want to be married before kids.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.