Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

And that is definitely frustrating. Danny really does need to pull his head out of his own ass now and then, especially when the man who constantly puts Danny first--to the point that he offered to trade himself for Danny as a hostage and spent his day off chasing Danny around Manhattan rather than just following protocol and calling the gun theft in--needs a little support. Even if Flack is an "arm's length" kind of guy, Danny should at least try.

Except that's not Flack. If it was anyone but Danny, maaaybe (very maybe though), but Flack has shown time and time again just how much he cares about Danny. If something happened to Danny, Flack would be there.

I'm sure we'll see Lindsay freaking out, though when Danny is in danger or upset, she does like to hand him off to other people. :lol:

Well, yeah, that's just the way the show is. Mac isn't my favorite character by far, but I also realize that he's the lead, so most things do come back to him.

2. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

^Top, are you referring to specific episodes for the Danny and Lindsay comments you made? It's interesting how I see things differently than you do with these two, also with Flack in this instance, so I would like to know. I'm thinking Snow Day for Flack offering to trade himself for Danny, and one in the Rikki arc for Lindsay passing Danny off to others when he's upset or in trouble.

As for someone else being in danger, since Hawkes knows what is on the flash drive and his college "friend" knows he was involved in the case, would it stand to reason that Sheldon's life is in danger either because of what he knows or because he wouldn't delete the files? I mean the guys father could be coming after him.

I can't wait for this flash drive thing to go away...

3. kkennedytx

kkennedytx Rookie

Now that would be a fascinating turn of events! We've had a bit more of Hawkes this season than in most of the previous seasons, but he still doesn't get any big story lines so it'd be nice to see him get this. We've had Flack in peril, Danny in peril, Stella in peril, and Mac in peril so it's about time Hawkes gets his moment in peril, too! Plus it'd be a nice touch of continuity as well as being part of the overall Dunbrook arc.

4. CSI Cupcake

^Yeah that was what I was thinking. It's time for Hawkes to be "it". Can we really expect the writers to follow through on his part of the whole flash drive drama? I guess there's always the possibility...

5. CSInyFAN

CSInyFAN Victim

This is going to sound like a silly statement but is Angell in italics because she is the one that is going to be killed off? But on a general note--I would rather see a character leave any type of tv show without getting killed off.

6. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The one that is in italics is the one you voted for - if you didn't vote for her, though, I have no idea why her name is italicized. :lol:

What's this about Danny being in a coma? :confused: I saw nothing to indicate this, and I haven't read it anywhere either. If this is a genuine spoiler, I'd like to hear more about it.

The idea of Hawkes being in danger sounds interesting - he definitely deserves a bit of the spotlight, and I have wondered if his involvement with the flash drive earlier in the season might come back to haunt him.

7. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

I'm in agreement, I would prefer no one to be killed off, because it keeps the the options open for them to return in the future, but I guess it does add to the drama. ;)

Last edited: Apr 22, 2009
  8. CSInyFAN

CSInyFAN Victim

Thanks! I am a newbie to this, thanks for the learning experience.

9. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

To re-add from the Spoiler Thread:

So, I guess we were all wrong about Angell. I'm seriously thinking it's Danny now. Or maybe Lindsay. Or God, even Hawkes. Kal Penn went off to work for Obama, maybe Hill is doing the same thing.

10. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

Someone else pointed out in the spoiler thread that Ausiello's "yes" could be the answer to the first question and not the second. :shifty:

11. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Idk. Maybe it was a yes to both? It's kind of vague, to be honest.

12. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

Yes to both. I'd be curious to hear about how you interpret their actions...I can see some grey area with Lindsay, but I'd be hard-pressed to see another side to how devoted Flack is to Danny. The guy really goes above and beyond when it comes to Danno!

I could definitely see that, especially if someone decides what Hawkes knows is dangerous to them.

Believe me, I grilled Hill about leaving CSI: NY for politics in the last CSI Files interview pretty extensively--ironically, a week before Kal Penn left House to go to work for Obama. :lol: So I don't think it's Hill--at least not willingly.

I still don't think we were wrong about Angell--the spoilers, especially the casting of her dad, seem pretty definitive. So I'm thinking there was some miscommunication there perhaps.

It's vague enough that when it turns out to be Angell he can claim it wasn an answer to the first and not the second question. ;)

13. CSINYRULZ

CSINYRULZ CSI Level One

Wow ... I am so not even sure with this finale anymore. Honestly I was set on it being between two characters and now? I have absolutely no idea. I gotta hand it to tptb ... they are doing a fairly good (albeit nerve wracking) job keeping this all secretive, tossing in curveballs etc etc for us.

Im stoked, but, have to admit, a bit nervous about this finale.

Could be Sheldon, could be Lindsay, could be Danny, Angell (which kills my heart to think about) ... *shrug* no idea.

14. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

The 'yes' could also refer to the person who'll have a life changing experience. When Angell is the one who dies, the other person who'll have this life changing experience, must be from the credits then. I know, that wasn't asked in the question, but actually the whole answer pretty much ignored the death but focused on what else will happen (that's at least the feeling I got). Also I wonder if TPTB really would spend time with setting up wrong spoilers and casting people under faked names just to fool us. Couldn't they just have kept it a secret till the end?

15. CSI Cupcake

Okay. First, have you noticed that the only two people that call Lindsay "Linds" are Danny...and Flack? It's a variation on her name that speaks to me of a close friendship, not a causal acquaintance or a rivalry. The writers seem to have forged an unspoken friendship/alliance between Lindsay and Don as two people who watch out for Danny. Lord knows it would be a burden for just one person to have to handle all the drama that follows him around.;)

Having said that, let's go with Flack first in Snow Day. He offers to trade himself for all the hostages, not just Danny. His guys are in there, along with Adam, a civilian, and Danny. I just don't see where Danny is his main focus, ecxept that he knew Danny was "not good" as he told Lindsay when she came into the scene. I also didn't see any sign that he ignored or dismissed her (as you mentioned in your review...yes I went back and read it for the sake of research), unless you count the comment about why Mac wasn't there yet. That was totally approprite in the context of Flack's character and speaks to his feeling of responsibility and loyalty to his men. If one of his guys is in trouble he's there, and he would expect the same of Mac Taylor. If he did have an attitude I think it was more in line with his expectations of Mac rather than the fact that Lindsay came instead. She actually gave him valuable information about the lab.

And I gotta say this about Lindsay and Danny: at the end Danny seemed very okay with her being there. Her saying she was sorry didn't seem self-centered...guilty maybe and responsible, yeah but not self centered. If anything, Danny didn't realize until that moment that she would have been the hostage if he hadn't traded shifts with her. I could see a pause in him as he thought of that. She put herself in danger once in NWILL and we saw his reaction there. I wonder where his heart went on this day, after leaving her asleep on his pool table and taking a beating like that? (and you would be right in thinking he may be wondering what the heck he was getting himelf into with this girl). It wouldn't surprise me.

Now Don's a guy, but not a total clod, so I also wonder if he realized that something was different with these two which made him back off and let Lindsay take care of Danny. He did seem sort of lost.

Moving on to Lindsay in the Rikki arc:

For someone who appears to be pretty straight-laced (except for sex on pool tables, of course:D) Lindsay shows again how very much she is involved with Danny and willing to put him above everything else. She's the one that knows he's not where he is supposed to be. She's the one that tries to call him and can't get through. She's the one that goes to Don for help (once again that unspoken alliance) and she's the one who lies through her teeth to Mac (of all people) about why he's not there. I just don't see how someone who tends to pass Danny off when he is in trouble would do those things or take that risk. C'mon Top, think about it. She couldn't leave the lab...she was probably doing her work and his, or at least trying to keep up a good front so Mac wouldn't ask any more questions. She's the inside person and Don is the outside person. Teamwork at it's finest. She also helps Don with the program in plain sight in the lab. It deals directly with Danny, and doesn't seem to be an active case they are working on at this point, and could make Mac (or even Stella) question her flu story. Yet she took the risk and did it anyway. I think she was 100% engaged in wanting to be there for him. I wonder just how high her stock rose with Don Flack when she chose to go out on a limb for his friend?