Eric and Calleigh #36 - We're In This Together Now.

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Apr 20, 2009.

?

New Thread Title

Poll closed Apr 25, 2009.
  1. We're In This Together Now

46 vote(s)
    73.0%
  2. We're Doing It And Doing It Well (Pending Mod Approval)

3 vote(s)
    4.8%
  3. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

2 vote(s)
    3.2%
  4. It's No Longer 'You' And 'Me', But 'Us'

5 vote(s)
    7.9%
  5. Caution: Smoking Hot Chemistry Ahead...

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeBlue

JadeBlue Victim

Re: Eric and Calleigh #36

ITA! "We're supposed to do stuff together now, right?" is not something, in my experience, that one would say before anything substantial has started. He definitely 'nursed' her back to health after she was discharged. Regardless of how Adam was playing it, that was not a ''m finally ready to kiss you' kiss. That was a 'I've missed your kisses, now let's get home so I can show you how much I've missed them' kiss.

2. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Yay! A new thread and we start off with some awesome questions, you guys rock!

I think it happened when he was taking care of her after she went home from the hospital. I'm sure he tended to her during that week and they shared another "Burned" stare and it happened. It had to have been a slow, sweet one, foreheads touching, with a very satisfied smile on their faces afterward. The thought of it makes me melt..:adore:

FOREVER!! I think the love he has for her is a genuine love. Even when she went off with Jake, he didn't move on and it was 2 years. If she moved on, honestly, it would've been because he kept beating around the bush for so long. I think she wouldve waited a little while longer to see where their relationship went. It took a near death experience for him to finally confess his feelings!! I don't know how many times I yelled at the screen telling him "Wake up, Delko!! Say Something to her" She knew how he really felt after reading his file and he should've taken the hint when asked if she did read his file in which she replied "we make a good team". She just found out her colleague and best friend is in love with her and wants to settle down with her. I'm sure she felt it just as bad because she also told him he could tell her anything and you could see her face and mood soften at that moment. But I guess he still was filled with his doubts and fears. Calleigh is one force not to mess with and I know he didn't want to screw anything up, but she threw him so many bones. (Don't know if this made any sense but did in my mind for a few :shifty:).

That brings me to a question thats popped in my mind a few times:

There were many things Calleigh said or did that gave little hints to Eric that she wanted him to come out and confess how he really felt about her. Out of all the hints Calleigh threw Eric, which was your favorite one that made you think "Ok, that's it - bite..BITE!!" ??

Mine was of course what I mentioned above when she said they make a good team. :luvlove:

Side note: I've been watching CBS to see if we get the promo for next week, but nothing yet..i guess we're getting it mid-week again... so anxious!! :rolleyes:

3. Georgie

Georgie Victim

Yay new thread!!!

By the way a little off topic but Ginnna love your signature! Any who on the topic of E/C first kiss, i totally didn't figure there ha kissed before sink or swim, it makes sence now that you think about it but it shows how on the ball i am. I guess it was after Calleigh was in the hospital, because of what Calleigh says when she is visiting Eric in jail, thats probably where there relationship began.

I'd like to think if Calleigh hadn't come clean with her feelings foe Eric that he would have ran up to her and been like "i love you" and then kissed her at which time she would relise that she loved him and they would all have lived happily ever after:adore: or something along those lines. i guess Calleigh is just such an emotionally guarded person that it took her a while to accept her feeling for him. The important thing is that she did so yay for us!

4. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Ooh.. I have to say, my favorite was the whole 'Girls like flowers' hint and that look/smile she had on her face while she said it in the episode Cheating Death. Or the one that he actually did pick up on.. in And They're Offed at the beginning of the episode when they're sort of talking about the case and they find the truffles on the table and Calleigh mentions they're her favorite and then he says something like 'Where does that get us?' and she says 'A place to start.' or something along those lines.. then at the end of the episode it turns out he got her the truffles she liked. Aw.:)

5. VirGodess1923

You know, I never thought of that!! I just watched that scene again and this is what they said immediately after the chocolate comment. I hope this isn't over analyzing being the E/C crazed person I am, but he finally took that first step in doing something that showed her his true feelings when he left those truffles for her at the end of the episode. It was so significant.
    Thank you so much JoannaRose897 for pointing this out! :thumbsup:

6. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

New thread! It's so shiny, I like it. However, all of our threads stay shiny till the end, because we go through them so fast that they don't get the chance to lose their shine. ;)

Okay, a lot of great questions. Let's answer!

I'd like to think that their first kiss was in the hospital. If CSI Miami was a real life, Calleigh would have to stay in the hospital for few weeks. IMO, somewhere during that time they kissed. Now, Calleigh wasn't in a state to have a huge make out session, but I think they shared some light, sweet, loving kisses.

I think he would have said something before moving on. I doubt he'd just start dating some random girl or something. However, if she told him that he has no chance with her, IMO he would have eventually moved on.

Well, I think the whole thing with "Eric, what do you want? You'll have to tell me..." I liked the other ones, too, of course. The 'girls like flowers' was a cute playful one. I think her 'okay' at the end of "All In" spoke volumes, too.

About them having sex... I personally think they did after 'Sink Or Swim' if not before that. I mean, why shouldn't they? After all, sex is healthy! :devil:

7. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Haha.. agreed. I'm pretty sure they had sex before Wolfe in Sheep's Clothing. Probably before that, like before or the time of the episode Sink or Swim. For them, sex just seems like something that would happen earlier in their relationship rather than later. I mean, before they got together there was like 7 years worth of unresolved sexual tension.. they'd probably get to.. resolving that issue pretty fast in their relationship. And it's not a bad thing, in no way do I think that they are rushing things.

And about the kisses in Sink or Swim, I definitely don't think those were their first two kisses.. for a couple reasons. 1.) We found out in this episode that they'd been together since around the time Calleigh was in and out of the hospital. I really doubt that they would have waited that long to just kiss..since I'm sure quite a few weeks had passed between 7.14 and 7.16. And 2.) Those kisses were way too chaste and Calleigh seemed all too happy and really comfortable to just kiss him out in public where there were plenty of people around. Not a very Calleigh-like thing, I mean.. do you think she'd want people to witness their first kiss? I doubt it. Their first kiss was probably pretty hot.:devil:

8. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Nope, I'm sure it wasn't their first kiss. Well, now that I actually think about it, I'm sure it wasn't their first. I was perfectly happy to imagine that it was their first while watching the episode because I have a habit of psyching myself out and seeing what I want to see sometimes, but, like I said, I figured out it couldn't've been their first kiss after thinking about it seriously for more than 10 seconds.

JoannaRose is probably right. They had plenty of time between 714 and 716. I doubt they kissed in the hospital what with her respiratory condition keeping her short of breath, but once she was back on her feet, Eric was free to sweep her off of them. ;)

I think he would have tried to date a nice girl. I mean really really DATE, not just grind her against a building for 15 minutes and then forget about her. That was the old Eric. The new Eric is genuinely interested in a serious monogamous relationship. Obviously he wants to settle down, like he told his therapist, and obviously he's in love with Calleigh, but most people have their limits.

I think if Calleigh hadn't finally found the metaphorical balls to say that she loves him, he would have tried to move on. It would have been a half-hearted attempt, of course, and he would have eventually found his way back to Calleigh. See, all roads lead to Calleigh. Either she got her act together this season or we'd have to see her go through the same jealousy and turmoil that Eric went through when she was with Jake (which I'm sure Eric would recognize and then he'd rush back to her). TPTB obviously didn't want to write the same angst all over again!

Kiss on the cheek in Just Murdered. That's like a huge flashing neon sign which reads "PLEASE MAKE A MOVE SOON". And then, of course, the very next episode is Burned, and we all know what happened there. :D

Last edited: Apr 21, 2009
  9. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

I've to say, I think the one I liked most was in Head Case, "What do you want?", C'mon she was saying everything, What do you want? God, I freaked out when I saw it :eek::eek: :D She was saying, Eric if you love me you'll have to tell me, for us to move on. Well it's my opinion :p
    Well, of course, I like the "Girls Love Flowers" comment, it was so sweet :D The truffles one too, hmm... let me think... :shifty:...

AGREED :devil: It was MUCH more hotter :devil:

Oh, talking about kisses, this weekend I dreamt about E/C :D The story is really odd but anyway, I'll share it :)

So, Eric and Calleigh were being blackmailed by some weird guys, probably Russian mob, not sure. They asked E/C money, if they didn't give the money to them, they'd tell everybody [everybody = lab people/IA], but E/C didn't have all that money, but Eric heard that in the ocean it had a treasury, so Eric being the Scuba Guy went searching for it, and he got it. In one afternoon, they received a call saying to go to some park and out there the money and wait there for a call, and so they did. Once there, they put the money in the specific place, and waited, while they were waiting, they started to remember all the good times they had and I could see 3 kisses :eek: I can recognize it, 1 was in All In, 2 were the ones that happenned :p Suddenly, they received the call, they were "free", one it was over, they had a kiss sooooo damn hot :drool::drool: God, it was like the best kiss I ever seen :devil::lol: that image stills in my head :D

10. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I think that everyone's patience has limits, so even if he still loved her I guess he would move on eventually. Especially if she would have told him, that she's not interested in a relationship with him.
    I don't know how much longer he would've waited for her, but I suppose he'd need some clarification from her what she really needs. Because if he wasn't sure that it's impossible for them to get together some day I guess he wouldn't be able to be with someone else fully. He loves her too much to do it without final answer.

I guess it was sweet and gentle, but passionate and hot at the same time. I mean like you guys said, the tension between them was all the time, actually from the first episode, so when they were able to do something about it after so long waiting I'm sure it had to be special. I imagine they just couldn't get enough of each other;).

It's hard to answer to this question, because like you wrote there were many things she did to let him know that she's interested and she's waiting for his move. But what I love the most was her comment about girls liking flower. For me her eyes and face expressed how much she wanted him to get the hint. I think it was the first time she wanted to let him know, that she's waiting for him to do something about this situation if he's still interested in her.
    My second favourite moment was when she asked him what did he want and that she needs to hear it aloud. In my opinion she just couldn't ask him more simply and directly what he really wants from her. I guess she was tired of this whole dancing around each other and just wanted to hear straightway from him does he really want a seroius relationship with her.:)

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Spoiler goodness for all of you courtesy of EW...so if its wrong, please don't shoot.

Horatio fights to save Yelina while Delko goes against Calleigh's pleas and helps his dangerous father with life-threatening consequences. Brian Austin Green guest stars as an alleged carjack victim.

Congratulations on the new thread everyone! Drinks all around.

To tell you the truth, I don't know exactly how long he would have waited. In my mind he knew exactly how he felt about her and he wanted to make sure that she was certain of her feelings for him. To stand there and watch someone you love, love someone else is absolutely heartbreaking (speaking for personal experience of course). Would he have waited forever, I don't think so, but I do think that he would have waited about another year or so and then he would have realized that maybe everything he had built up was one sided.

Hot, passionate :devil: Ok so maybe not, but in my mind its a kiss that takes your breath away.

My personal favorite was in Head Case. I think I almost threw something at the TV when he didnt say anything to her after she asked him what he wanted. I was like that was your chance! TELL HER!!!!

I still hoped for flowers though, I guess I can still hang on to that. :lol:

12. das576

das576 Hit and Run

Thanks for the spoiler for the season finale!!

I have mixed feelings about this after reading it. I like the Horatio/Yelena storyline it looks like we'll be getting but I'm nervous about the E/C drama that it looks like we'll be getting. Is this where things are going to start going downhill? Him going against her wishes, will that push her away? Are they going to leave us hanging until next season? I so want them to stay together!!!!!! I don't want the writers killing this thing already, not to say they will but it's so up in the air!!

13. VirGodess1923

Thanks for all the great answers to my question!!

After reading this spoiler, I can't help but think.

If he's going against her wishes then maybe this is where their relationship takes the turn and we get the cliffhanger for the season. :klingon: I don't know if I like that very much. I wanted them to fight this out together. Why wouldn he volunteer to help his father after everything he's put him through? He made that promise to Calleigh and now he's going to make the decision to go against her wishes?? :( This makes me a little uneasy. :rolleyes: Since you never know with spoilers, I keeping my hopes up that it doesn't turn out bad because I can't wait a whole summer to find out!! :(:shifty:

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I guess my favorite hint is the "girls like flowers" one. Not only because of what she said but because of how she said it. The little smile and raising of the eyebrow was just too cute. Of course Head Case also comes to mind but I think that was just too direct to be a hint :lol:. She pratically left him speechless! :lol: But yeah I was pratically screaming "ok, that's it-BITE!!!!" :lol:.

I have mixed feelings about this. For one part it makes me sad that they'll have their first disagreement and no matter what it is about and when it would happen I still would've been sad. I just love them happy and together. Still I think that even if we are left wondering their relationship status I'm pretty sure that everything will be resolved by the beginning of season 8. Like we've said before I don't think that after so much detail and depth in getting these two together they would break them up in less than half a season. It would just be cruel and pointless.

On the other side I really want to see worried Calleigh :).

Also I have to say that if the spoiler does happen I'm interested to know what will be said about Eric. There's been a lot of talk about Eric being weak and needy when it comes to Cal and that he just does everything she says, so I'm interested to know what will be said if this spoiler happens.

15. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

Oh dear.. I don't know if I like the sound of that. I know that to Eric, family is very important, and the man is his biological father... But he has only really known him for a little while and i think by this time Calleigh is like family to him too... Even if they weren't 'together' at this point Calleigh would probably be more like family to him than his biological father.

I don't know if I can really picture Eric going against her for his father... Especially since he knows he could lose her either by dying ("life threatening consequences") or when its all said and done she might be just really pissed. And I feel a little uneasy because he knows of her past realtionships: John killed himself infront of her, Jake left her constantly for undercover work. If not for the regard for himself, atleast he wouldn't go against her for the fact that he considers her feelings etc.

All of that aside, again... He is a very loyal family person and it does sound like Eric to do something like that and he will probably very torn and feel guilty for going against her pleas... I guess if it is true we'll just have to trust that the writers and actors will make the situation genuine and believable.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.