Locker Room #18: Danny/Carmine: Welcome to the Insane Asylum!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LyzabethSay

LyzabethSay Prime Suspect

Correct me if I'm wrong, and this has probably already been talked about before me so bare with it, but has Danny been wearing Converse shoes a lot this season. I realized it was becoming a trend with him after the last episode and the black high tops but thinking back he's been wearing them in quite a few episodes now hasn’t he! He didn’t used to wear them I remember distinctly boots in the last season... Hmm change in style, much? Not that I'm complaining, mind you, you gotta love a man in Converse!

2. Project DAY

Project DAY Hit and Run

Boy I'm behind--I'm backing up just a tad, to the pic Poppet posted. I love the hat! :p I don't know why, but I always love cool/odd/funky hats. I've always been a hat person--granted I don't wear caps like I used to :lol:

Anyway, I've been disappointed with the lack of much 'character' in the past two eps. They seemed to have been mostly fixed on the cases at hand and I'm hoping it's not just me--but there seemed to be a severe lack of Danny...
    It was mostly Mac, and Stella. Don't get me wrong, I love them--but I want Danny damn it! :p

3. Ticamo77

Ticamo77 Hit and Run

Couldn't agree more.

Maybe it's just me... Probably so, but I'm going through this thing that I'm calling "The Death Of My TV Boyfriend". Danny Messer was the man. Now, I don't think I can even stand him anymore. I believe they can redeem the character, but I don't think it'll happen in the near future. It's obvious that the writers are only going to write so much about Danny as they've pooled all their talents into this baby storyline. :rolleyes:

You're not wrong. Danny has been wearing Converse shoes a ton this season, thus proving that someone is definately trying to turn the character into the actor.

4. Nightrider

Nightrider Witness

Seems a little lazy to me, doesn't it?! Hmmmmm ...:shifty:

5. LyzabethSay

Hmm, thats true. They have been making awkward referances which are more Carmine than they are Danny. Thats a pity though beacuse I believe the joy of acting is being able to be someone else whos not very much like you. Defeats the purpose if you ask me. They need to get back on track with some of the characters truely

6. christalann

christalann Hit and Run

I don't mind them turning them more towards the actors, if they are able to bring more to the table in lines with the story. Mentioning it once and then dropping it for two or three seasons, just to come back and say something different isn't right though.

7. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

They've been doing that since last season and making it less subtle as time goes on. If you look closely in the beginning of the first episode of S4 I'm 95% positive he's wearing a pair of all black converse. And that's just one of the many Carmine -> Danny things I've noticed. I think it's also harder to play yourself. Playing someone else is like wearing a mask. Playing yourself you need to be more revealing. What bothers me is that it's like they're shifting characters midway through the show.

8. LyzabethSay

I due to the shear bordom and uneventfulness of my afternoon i actually rewatched the episode and you're right he does were black converse that episode. However, after rewtching Commuted Sentance I can confrime he wore boots then. In regards the rest of the season, I'm not sure XP

True, I guess if they'd gradually sort of shown this change in Danny it would've been a little bit more effective but then again, in a way they have, if we're saying it, started it season 4. But I jsut feel there is lots of inconsistancies within the characters and they really do need to work on their continuety - it might be okay for the average watcher but it gets annoying for us who notice it =)

9. Caprian

Caprian Hit and Run

As I know Carmine the one who decides about his shoes.
    I can't remember when and where but I read an interview with him where he talked about this thing.
    As I can remember he complained about the fans who always say things about his jeans, shirts but never ever notice his shoes. :rolleyes:

Well Carmine, you are wrong... :D
    And of course Converse is sexy! :drool: :devil: :adore:

Last edited: Apr 28, 2009
  10. LyzabethSay

Shoes I find are always the hardest to spot... I mean especially on camera they normal focus on the shoulders and above so I mean I'm not surprised that no one really comments on them. But It's interesting to hear that it was Carmine who decided on that. Maybe that shows him wanting more character development as apposed to the writers simply piling it in.

11. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

For people in the UK, Carmines band Ceesau will be guest on All FM in Manchester on May 13th at 5pm -you can listen online at www.allfm.org, not sure if it works for people outside the UK or not.

12. Twinkletoes

Twinkletoes Lab Technician

That's astonishing! How come? Does that mean Carmine will be in England?

13. gypsy

gypsy Police Officer

Oh, I hope so. Any one fancy a trip to Manchester. :)

14. Poppet

Poppet Police Officer

I doubt it, I imagine they will just phone in, unfortunately.

15. virginia-hell

virginia-hell Dead on Arrival

From LA to MCR??!!! That's damn hilarious :lol:.
    Maybe next year Glastonbury? I would definately get over my hatred of camping to see that. Can't you just see Carmine hanging out with Winehouse and Doherty? :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.