Sheldon Needs Some Lovin'!

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Mar 31, 2009.

1. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Well, I think the personality and temperment of a potential love interest is more important than her profession, but even so, I understand the impulse to pair him up with someone who works along similar lines (physician/surgeon/someone medical, or an FBI Agent) or what I might for lack or phrasing term a 'high end' profession.'

But I just wanna also plug an alternate possibility of having him find himself drawn to a woman from a different part of the spectrum. Someone who, while matching him intellectually, might also challenge him because they're not in a similar professional world, has a different take on things. Maybe someone more in the musical/artistic/cultural/humanities realm. (And no, they don't hafta go a literal route of a sculptor-type practitioner like Frankie Mala was. It's a whole wide world).

As for hours and understanding, trust me, arty types work their own crazy hours doing their own crazy things. It could be a very interesting meeting of worlds. :lol: I truly don't really have a preference beyond someone who is not involved in PD or lab work. Just so long as the development of a love interest is integrated well into the surrounding premise of episodes, and she's a worthy match and foil both. (Am I too demanding...? :lol:)

The whole chess sequence sounds very fun and intriguing, but it might be a tad too subtle for what TPTB are up to these days :p

My mental vibes have been rather hit and miss for how I seem to be able to have sway on matters :p but suppose joining a more collective focus might better the results! :)

Last edited: Apr 9, 2009
  2. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

after reading the interview i am totally down for Hakwes getting a love life. i'm not too much of a Hawkes fan but this past year and for some of last year he has started to grow on me as a charatcer.

Hill's interview was really well done and i always love to read how actors enjoy their work it makes the show they're in that much better and shows they have a dedication. also after reading this i cannot wait to see some Hawkes stories now!!!

NY is gonna last like Miami and Vegas so i'm sure we'll get a ton more Hawkes stories and other character stories through out the upcoming seasons.

3. Springmoon

Springmoon CSI Level Two

Sorry -- I've been AWOL!

You know what I think about this: get the man some love. There are prerequisites though. She cannot be some ditzy, falling-down woman unworthy of him. She needn't be in his line of work, but a smart, accomplished, good-looking woman is just his style.

4. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Absolutely. He deserves some love, but she needs to be worthy and an equal. :)

5. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

An artsy woman is an interesting idea. Both from different ends of the spectrum, but they can still be together. It shows that pairings don't just occur within the work force. :p

6. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

^Yumi, you're wicked! :lol: Yes, out-of-the-workplace romance happens, or so they say ;) But he could meet her (him?) because of a case. How about a talented pianist with long, skillful fingers? Why, yes, I have a dirty mind!

7. MacsLovlyAngl

MacsLovlyAngl Head of the Graveyard Shift

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I agree, Sheldon does need someone to love. Someone that is confident in themselves, and non clingy. She needs to be able to listen with her eyes and heart. Cause our Sheldon is a very passionate man. She must also be very smart, and comfortable with the work and long hours he puts in.

I can see Sheldon with his woman, sitting by a cozy fireplace, with wine, and the Trivial Pursuit game. Or have his woman laying in his arms with a nice romantic love story, while the fire heats their room. Then as he looks into her eyes, he softly, very tenderly whispers... "may I kiss you.":devil:

Mm.. yeah, give the gorgeous man some lovin.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2009
  8. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

^ That made me melt. :3

I don't see him being with someone particularly wild... just more outgoing. At home though, I imagine him and his significant other to have a more mild, cuddly, loving, tender relationship.

9. roximonoxide

roximonoxide Lab Technician

I could definitely see him hitting it off with another doctor, but don't get me wrong, I don't mean a coroner or even necessarily a medical doctor. There are LOTS of doctorates that don't require one to ever wield a scalpel. ^_^

Maybe a professor at NYU --excuse me Chelsea U. :D With a doctorate in her studies, definitely the kind of person who can keep him mentally stimulated as well as... well, yuh know.

10. sad_girl

sad_girl Rookie

I think Sheldon needs pretty and smart girl not from lab. How about a teacher;)?

11. christalann

christalann Hit and Run

*Raises hand and jumps in air* I completely agree. What women wouldn't want to date someone like Hawkes! He is an amazing guy. *sighs*

I totally agree that the picture with the teddy bear is adorable. I did a squee moment when i watched that episode. :angel:

12. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

I'd love to see him with an artsy type of person. As an artsy type myself, I see the appeal of intelligent, caring people like Sheldon. ;)

13. Jessica6

Jessica6 Police Officer

This thread is kinda heating up...a tad, eh? :D
    I agree about the type of women you have been suggesting. But, really, I'm not going to be picky. Just someone! Get him someone to love! *bursts into song* "Find him somebody to loooooveeeeeeee" ...oh gosh.

14. sad_girl

sad_girl Rookie

Do you remember the girl from "Blue train"? She did not call Hawks. Why?:eek:

15. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Noooooo... don't you say that! If we are okay with Sheldon getting any girl (or guy, who knows), evil!TPTB may make him fall in love with a bimbo. *Imagines Sheldon falling for Paris Hilton* *shudders*

He needs someone special, someone intelligent, talented, caring and understanding who's able to put up with his crazy schedule and his long working hours. Someone who will listen to him when he needs to talk and respects his silence and isolation when he needs to be left alone. Give him someone tender, but not sappy. Someone who needs him and whom he needs, but not someone who's extremely needy. Also, please let it be someone who makes him laugh and who shares his sense of humor, someone who shares his extravagant, geeky jokes when he makes them. Maybe I'm asking for too much, but I won't be satisfied with less than that. Sheldon deserves all this and much more!