"A Space Oddity" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Apr 12, 2009.

1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I can't wait to see this episode! It sounds awesome

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Wendy looks so cute in that costume. I wonder what Hodges said to her in that other language. :lol: Too bad we didn't to find out cause that woman screaming interrupted him.

It totally cracked me up that Jim said "who?" when Hodges told him his name. :lol: "how'd you get this number?" "I cloned Grissom's cell phone." :guffaw:

3. electra

electra Pathologist

I really apreciate all the reassuring about Wendy and Hodges NOT becoming a couple.:thumbsup: I like Hodges as his awkward self.

4. andsoareyou

andsoareyou Dead on Arrival

Okay. About five minutes in and I am loving it. I am a huge sci fi geek, and I love the way they're portraying that convention. Also, Hodges and Wendy were adorable together in that first scene. I thought it was cute how much the show obviously meant to them both. I used to watch "Star Trek" with my grandfather and to this day it means the world to me.

5. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

This is the best episode of CSI since the season 2 episode Cross-Jurisdictions.
    I love these "Hodges fantasy" sequences. :cool:

6. Raven04

Raven04 Police Officer

I would not go that far...its a good episode, but not that good

7. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

I am really liking this. I read a review of it in the Chicago Tribune where it talked about this episode being funny AND sweet. I think that's one of my favorite things so far, that there is a sweetness to their relationship. I love that they're bonding like that over a tv show. His fantasies are making me laugh. A lot. They must have had so much fun making them.

8. bookgirl20

bookgirl20 CSI Level Two

I love this episode. I'm never up for character relationships but the way they handeled this one is pretty awesome.

I ❤ Super Dave

My only critique is- I thought Greg was a CSI? He wasn't in the field, and didn't join in the DVD viewing at the end.

9. Half

Half CSI Level Two

~Hodges, you're such a dork.
    ~Hee! Wendy! You're awesome. The geek in me is very happy. :D
    ~"Brass, it's Hodges." "Who?" :guffaw:
    ~And why did you clone Grissom's cell phone again, Hodges?
    ~By the way, I totally love the fact that both of them think about keeping everyone away because of the evidence.
    ~"Or I could vacuum this whole set and take samples from everyone here, and keep you two knuckleheads busy for the next year." That's awesome. I love Wendy's reaction. Nick, what do you expect from those two? Really.
    ~Oh Hodges. She will punch you. :lol:
    ~I love that Archie sent over the screen share. Lab Rats have to stick together. *grins*
    ~Greg, how do you not get it? It's obviously because... okay, hold on. That's a geek rant for another time. *smirk*
    ~"I've gotta start watching this show." Riley, that's obviously not funny, as that guy is dead. *hides laugh*
    ~Hodges, Catherine does not care of your crush on Wendy. And let's repeat the fact that Wendy will punch you. She might flirt with you, but she'll still punch you.
    ~Hee, David! And Doc Robbins totally kicked your butt, dude. :guffaw:
    ~Nicky, you feel bad now don't you?
    ~HEE! I love the blank stare Hodges gives Mandy when she says that Mr. Ed was sci-fi.
    ~While this is rather hilarious, and I'm sure Wally and Liz had a lot of fun filming these, I don't really like fantasies with my CSI. Knock it off, Hodges.
    ~Brass does not look amused.
    ~Lady, how long did it take you to realize that you weren't really in Astro Quest?
    ~Okay, Hodges? I am going to punch you. :rolleyes:
    ~Not anymore, since you almost lit yourself on fire.
    ~Dude, again. She'll kill you. How many times do I have to say this? I don't care that you're fictional and can't hear me.
    ~Riley and Catherine both look disturbed. I think I'm a bit disturbed right now.
    ~Awesomeness! Lab Rat Teamwork kicks ass again.
    ~HEE! Henry! He's always there! :guffaw:
    ~Brass is being kind of nice. Strange.
    ~Hey look, it's the doctor.
    ~Oh look. Dead guy was an ass.
    ~Hey, where's Greg? He'll never understand if he doesn't watch the show with Nick, Riley, and Langston. Speaking of which, Catherine should go too.
    ~Wendy actually remembers that jargon? I give her credit, I would've written something that would've been translated as "Error: Words do not exist".
    ~Aw, Hodges. Even when you want to tell her you end up doing so in a language very, very few people speak.

GRADE: B+. I love Wendy and Hodges, but the Astro Quest fantasies were getting on my last nerve. Other than that, good episode.

Oo, an episode focused on Catherine! It seems like after they did a ton of them around season 4, they stopped doing Catherine-episodes.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 17, 2009
  10. ladeee

ladeee Civilian

Fantastic show - well written with some wonderful acting! The Wedges are so good together!!!! At last the execs must be realizing what a gem they have in Wendy!!!! Yes - she is beautiful and shapely - BUT far more important is that she makes any scene believable, funny and/or tender - whatever is needed! Certainly this must be just the beginning of their plans to use Wendy and Hodeges more often???!!!!! Thank you for a perfect show!

11. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

It was a funny/fun episode. Hodges and his fantasies with Wendy were funny. That man has it so bad for her.

Brass was so funny when Hodges called him. I loved all the little references to Star Trek lines.

Doc Robbins and David...what was that all about? :lol: :lol:

Yeah where was Greg at the end when they were talking about watching the movie? :( He disappeared again half way through the show...typical.

Overall, I did really enjoy this episode, not my fave of the season but up there.

12. violetsareblue

violetsareblue Dead on Arrival

Oh man. So many things. I loved all the Lab Ratty team work (Archie helping out, Henry providing a good ear..heehee...for Hodges etc). I loved the SuperDave scene. It was cool seeing Ron Moore. I thought it was a good choice to have Langston be a fan of AstroQuest, too. And I really really loved the way the Hodges/Wendy relationship was handled. Those two will obviously never get it together, but it's so much fun watching them try. I was surprised to find that I was a little touched at the end. All in all, really good episode.

13. EmilyRocks

EmilyRocks Police Officer

so that was totally precious! What a cool, funny episode.
    I am definitely becoming a Hodges/Wendy fan... what he said was sooo sweet.
    Loved it when Hodges said "He's dead Jim"

14. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

I enjoyed this ep...and it's been a while since I've had a good laugh at something that happened.

Good job writers...well in some places. Please give Greg/Eric more screen time. Thanks.

15. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Actually we did find out at the end of the episode. Wendy looked up what he said on the website for that show. What Hodges said was "We were made for each other." That show "Astro Quest" was an obvious parody of original Star Trek cause I could tell exactly which episodes of original Star Trek some of those "Hodges's Astro Quest fantasy" scenes were parodies of.

Hey, William Shatner. Get a life.:guffaw:

I'm surprised they didn't parody William Shatner's little skit on Saturday Night Live back in the 80s where he told a bunch of trekkies, played by SNL cast members, to "Get a life."