William/Grissom: The Hottness of Lucky #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by WP_Rocks_MY_World, Sep 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrissomLivesOn

GrissomLivesOn Hit and Run

To be completely honest, I didn't realize just how much Grissom's departure affected me until earlier in the week. However, once I discovered the effect his leaving has had on me, I came to realize that I wish things had turned out differently. Also, sometimes, I feel like crying when I see pictures of Gil or watch my DVD's. The weird thing, though, is that the DVD's help quite a bit rather than hinder.

2. gilsgal

gilsgal Lab Technician

I have to agree that watching my CSI DVDs helps a lot with my Grissom withdrawl. I really miss seeing him weekly. I'm sure that I'll wear out my DVDs considering how often I rewatch them...lol.

I'll probably get raked over the coals for this, but at home I refer to the CSI episodes with Grissom in them as "the REAL CSI" and CSI as it is now as "the Imposter CSI" :p

3. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

YAAAAAAY for Blackbird in July!! I'm SO very excited to see Billy LIVE :)

That's hilarious about the "imposter" v. "real" CSI, gilsgal :) I think I feel the saaaame way ;p

And yeah, just kind of re-living the good/real CSI (I don't have DVDs yet :( ) on SPIKE marathons, it helps...but CSI will never be the same without Billy/Grissom...

4. GrissomLivesOn

:lol:

Imposter CSI vs. True CSI? Great nicknames, gilsgal. I must admit that I feel the same way, now that I'm thinking about it. I know it's been said at least a trillion times or more, but the show just isn't the same without our beloved Billy/Gil. Furthermore, I know he's happy being the Executive Producer, but somehow that doesn't comfort me as much as it should.

5. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

WOW on the article on our files about Billy, he says some profound stuff, and does miss the cast and crew, and thinks Laurence Fishburne is a great 'replacement' but no where does he say anything remotely about returning for a guest spot. Maybe it's to early, this season is winding down. So after the summer maybe he'll come back for a return visit. What I [amonst other things] admire about him, is he never wavered about his departure, and stayed the course and it ended just like he said it would, and how he wanted it too. It was never TPTB that decided the ending, it was him...:thumbsup:[​IMG]

6. GrissomLivesOn

We can only hope that he'll come back for a visit, but until that time, I figure I've got my DVD's to keep me (somewhat) sane. I remember watching Billy's final episode, and when it was over, I just...could not cry. I did not feel much of anything - except shock that it was really happening.

7. Criminologist86

What article are you talking about? Can you post it, sil vous plait? Thanks, woman!
    Everyone check out the new *gorgeous* pictures of Billy on WPAP in the Billy/Grissom Picture Thread. ;) They're new ones (HQ) from Cannes. :)
    I really miss that man....seriously....July can't come fast enough.

8. GrissomLivesOn

Oooh, I'll go check in a moment or two; thanks for the heads-up! As to missing him...you and me both, my friend. If watching the DVD's helps you, go for it - that's what I do when I need to see him.

9. Criminologist86

Thanks for the suggestion :) I (I know, I'm a bad, evil, fan) unfortunately haven't started my DVD collection yet :( Although I'm working on it ;) I have TONS of video clips saved on my hard drive (interviews, CSI clips, etc) so I watch those when I miss him....*sigh* Sometimes they help and sometimes not.....just depends, you know?
    SO glad you loved the pic ;) It's ADORABLE, yes? :)

10. GrissomLivesOn

Oh, yes, it's adorable. It made me feel something that I can't quite explain. Billy just has the power to make me a little insane at times.

11. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

12. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

Thanks for the link DW! :thumbsup:
    Well, I'm hoping the "other things" will include tv appearances. I know he will be remembered as "Gil Grissom" but I'd like to see him as a different person on tv.

Theatre is cool, but I don't think I'll ever see him on stage. Yes, I know I'm missing out!

----------------------
    [​IMG]

13. Criminologist86

Thanks, DW :) Clearly I missed that....heehee
    That's kinda what I was saying with regard to you disliking his 'new' white hair- he's kinda saying goodbye to the insane dying and upkeep of his 'Grissom' appearance and is letting his hair down and saying "hello" again to himself as Billy Petersen, not Gil Grissom :) But to each their own opinion ;p

WPRocksMyWorld: You are definitely missing out not seeing Billy onstage! But hey, not everyone can make it- it's a total miracle (seriously, ya'll) that I can, and am going...I'm EXTREMELY honored and excited about it...spontanaity tends to pay off (in big ways ;p) for me, only upon occassion.. :)

14. alienor

alienor Police Officer

15. GrissomLivesOn

Yes! Criminologist86, you had better post all - and I mean all - of the juicy details about your trip to see Billy after you go. Oh, and please don't forget to post pictures in the picture thread if you get some. That way, the less fortunate ones can at least imagine what it must have been like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.