CSI: New York - Season 5 in the UK

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by aconnell, Jan 2, 2009.

1. nattybatty55

nattybatty55 Nadalaholic

Dont think Ive been much at all this season but ive been so busy, ive sometimes missed the saturday night showing and had to wait till sunday.... dont you just love FiveUSA :lol: But tonight I actually managed to put the books down in time to catch the ep :)

I really liked it, i loved the Flack storyline, and Eddie did a great job :) I really loved the ending between Mac and Flack, theres just something about their father/son kind of relationship thats written really well and I love their scenes :)

2. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

Watched Rush to Judgement last night and thought I would make a few comments. Overall I thought this a great episode, the overall storyline was very good. For the most part I think all the actors and characters played well together, a few too many jokes at the beginning for me I found myself rolling my eyes at a few of them but I can live with that. Great to see girl power with Angell showing the boys a few new moves!!;)

Best for me were the moments with Sheldon and Mac, IMO Hill has such a great range of emotions that it is so easy for the viewer to sense his feelings without saying too much. Gary can also bring so much into his character by his facial expressions, little or no words are needed. In this episode Sheldon was the voice of reason, where it seemed to me that both Mac and Danny had already reached a guilty verdict. Glad that Sheldon showed otherwise.:)

Stella and Lindsay's scenes with the wife were well done, IMO the wife was very believable and I really didn't for one minute believe that her husband was guilty of these crimes.

My only real annoyance with this story was, as with the end of Season 4, I never doubted that any serious harm would come to Mac and the same goes here, I never doubted Don's involvement in the boys death, I wanted to have a small sense of doubt and I believe I should have done, for me that would have made a better story and would have kept me more on edge wondering what the outcome would be. Right from the beginning Mac and the rest of team never doubted Don. Mac's protectiveness towards his team is commendable but sometime I wish for the old Mac who tried to distance himself from them and be 'the boss', (I know he isn't Don's boss) would come forth now and again. Am I making sense? Probably not!:)

That said I enjoyed the ending with Flack and Mac and too enjoyed Stella and Flack's scene that was sweet. Where was Danny to show support for his friend, who has always been there for him when he was needed? :p

One more thing, I loved Mac in that dark purple shirt, so :drool::drool::drool:

Also missed Adam, of course he is allowed a day off!!:)

3. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

I thought the epi was ok. It could have done with more Flack. And I missed Adam- but that boy does so much work he needs the odd day off, I suppose! Sophia- I agree that there was never any doubt about Flack beating up the kid- and that kinda ruined the tension a little.
    I do like the relationship btwn Flack and Mac, but I think there should have been more at the end. Maybe Flack should have been handed his badge back, or something. Or a scene with Danny- I love those 2 together.

4. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

I really enjoyed saturday episode i thought the story line was good. I'm a bit annoyed that nxt saturday's one dosen't start till 10:10 pm ! That's a bit late for me!:( Will have to get the dvd recorder out!

5. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

Yes I noticed the time of this weeks episode will try to keep up to watch but probably fall asleep!:)

Just out of curiousity, I wondered if the UK viewers read the spoilers or the reviews before the episodes are aired here? I must admit that I find it difficult not to read the spoilers as I don't have much willpower but I do admit to not reading Kristine's review until after I have watched that particular episode. I was just wondering if anyone else did the same.;)

6. Hannah06_95

Hannah06_95 Police Officer

I end up reading spoilers normally! I don't have enough will power to not. This is why i normally know what is going to happen in the episodes but i still love the episodes all the same:lol:

7. lal

lal Pathologist

hi yeah i end up reading the spoilers as well :lol:

8. KDKHm

KDKHm Dead on Arrival

I usually end up reading the spoilers and looking at the screencaps.
    I can't believe Saturdays episode isn't on until 10.10pm, I hope it's not on that late again!
    Rush to Judgement was really good, it was nice to see the little Stella and Flack moment.

9. Solitaire

Solitaire CSI Level Two

That's late :rolleyes: Thankfully I have just bought a DVD Recorder

I have been good this year- I haven't read the spoilers or reviews for NY or Vegas :) I did last year and it did kinda ruin it alittle. Unfortunately Miami is a different story. I read almost everything about it, mostly due to my favourite character of the franchise (see banner!)

So it means that I don't know what is coming up in NY and I can enjoy seeing how the USB and Greek coin things play out.

10. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

10.10 is a mad time to air it. So annoyed me last night because i didn't see the point in 2 episodes of NCIS then we would have got it at 9.10.

I do keep pondering on writing to Radio times about the timing of NY but i know that its the stupid films Five air which are long and then put everything else out of whack.

I've been bad with spoilers i tried my hardest not to look when the season started but gave in so easily my sanity was more important and i drive myself mad wanting to know whats going on.

11. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

^10.10 is freakin' ridiculous! I know they have it on at 10 in some states in America (right?) but at least that's consistent, as far as I know they don't p*ss about with the times like Five do.
    Five do air those ridiculously long films that run from like 3pm till 7pm, and make everything else run late.:rolleyes:

I read the spoilers. Though it means I'm not surprised by the big storylines (say the D/L baby) I always find myself surprised/interested by the way the episodes actually play out, often there is more to them than just what the spoilers mentioned, nice little character moments etc.

It was a really good eppy, though, I thought.

OMG, non-white people involved in crimes in NYC! It's been a while since we saw that. Seeing Chinatown again reminded me of the good old days of NY when we really saw the cultural diversity of New York. The case reminded me of that too, it was a lot darker and grittier in terms of subject matter than episodes have been for a long time. Those scenes where the girls were being drugged and beaten were hard to watch. Also, the episode was really sad in a way we haven't seen in quite a while. I felt so sad for Roni's dad and Tara's dad and all the young girls who had been tricked into the sex trade. Also for Gillian. The episode was quite hard-hitting in that way, and it's been a while since we've seen a 'darker side of New York' episode like that.

Human trafficking is coming up in loads of crime shows lately, they had it in the latest season of Without a Trace (s6), they had a story on CSI Miami a while back, and was there one on CSI Vegas too?

I really liked how all the team were really hit hard by the case, and reacted emotionally to it, not just Gillian who had the personal stake in it. Mac seemed shocked/saddened when Lindsay revealed how young the girls were, and by Gillian's story about her niece. Stella seemed really upset by Tara's father, and Roni's (sp?). Even Flack was really, really pissed off and disgusted when he was interviewing Willie, none of his usual snark, he was really angry. Even Willie, who wasn't exactly the most upstanding of civilians, was disgusted by the idea of treating women that way.

Loved Flack and Danny chasing down the suspects at the beginning (the ones who tried to rob Ronnie's dad) and LOL at Danny pushing the locker over with the woman inside and sitting on it and saying 'I'm on the phone' and 'Shut up!':lol:

LOL at Flack's face when he was leaping over something to chase Chen(?). :lol:

Loved Flack and Mac interrogating that Chen(?) guy, and the way the laughed when he dissed Flack's suit.:lol: I love Mac and Flack in interrogation together.

Yay that Roni's dad fought back when Chen and that woman tried to rob him. Good for him!

Stella looked really, really, pale/white in that first lab scene with Danny. I think it was just that harsh lab lighting washing her out, but she looked really pale.

Sid and Lindsay tag-teaming....I dunno. Lindsay just seemed annoying. I would have preferred just Sid on his own.

I liked how both Mac and Stella knew Katy was lying. But when they let her use the bathroom, I was like 'Nooooo. She's gonna do a runner!' though I thought it would be because she was scared, not because she was in on it. I like how Mac and Stella were the ones to catch her as well, and Mac said 'not this time'. Sorry, witch, you don't get one past Mac and Stella twice. (Swap the 'w' for a 'b' on witch.) And that girl really was a witch.

I liked how Mac went after Gillian 'cause he knew something was up with her, and listened to her story about her niece.

Loved Pissy!Mac telling that guy not to move, or he'd shoot him. I like Pissy Mac, and that guy was scum.

Danny needs his glasses back! Though I suppose contacts are better in case you get hit in the head with a broom or whatever. But he needs his specs back. Maybe he broke them? He should have gone to Specsavers!:lol::lol: Sorry, I had to say that.

12. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

Firstly my apologies if a) this doesn't make much sense ,b) I am repeating everything MacsLady has already written and c) I don't say anything interesting. But I have been so bloomin' busy and I am so tired but need a little break with my fave CSI NY people.

Come on Channel 5 give us a break, 10 past 10, I know it's not that late, all said and done, but when you have had the roller coaster ride of emotions as I had last night, first of with a new episode of Doctor Who (Love David Tennant, don't you?) and the hilarious Lee Evans as Malcolm Taylor (yes I know my girls ribbed me all night about the name Mal Taylor loving it, he so should be the Doctor's new assistant) and then Britains got talent show which always brings me to tears, yes it is that bad!! By 10 o'clock I was exhausted. I lead such a pitiful and boring life. What can you do. Ok where am I, CSI NY last night. :lol:

Yeah pretty good actually, agree probably done to bring forth Julia's interest in the story matter but all said and done I can live with that and it was well done IMO. 'Every little helps' as they say and the storyline was quite scary and well acted. Still not convinced about Gillian and Mac and whether they have anything going or should do. She is suppose to be his boss and I can't believe Mac would go down that road IMO. To be honest there is no other woman for Mac except for erm well me actually :drool: and of course the other Mac lovers on this board, enough said! ;) But seriously, glad they kept any hint of romance out of it in this episode it would not have been right. Love Mac's face, Gary has so many different looks in that lovely face of his. :drool:

The D & F scene, priceless, and funny and don't apologise MacsLady, totally agree he should have gone to specsavers, get back there Danny and find your glasses will you. :lol:

All the characters played well in this episode and I think MacsLady has summed it up perfectly. I can't add to it. Oh actually yes I can.

Pissy Mac! well :devil::devil: I went to my bed and I was all in a tiswas! I mean to say first the lovely Doctor Who, then the gorgeous Mac Taylor I seriously needed to go and lie down ladies. Not so very ladylike thoughts running through my head I can tell you :lol: Until next Saturday at the earlier time of 9.35 PM ;)

Who had to go and mention Simon Cowell, please !!!!!

13. MacsLady

MacsLady CSI Level Two

I went down the pub on Saturday night, and recorded NY, I think if I had stayed up for it, I would have been knackered.

Sophia, I agree that us Mac fans on the board are the only women for Mac, and Stella too as I am a Smacked shipper.

Wow, you had a busy viewing night on Saturday!

Mal Taylor, LOL.:lol:

14. Sophia's folly

Sophia's folly Witness

Last edited: Apr 13, 2009
  15. KDKHm

KDKHm Dead on Arrival

What episode are we on next week, is it 5.15?
    It's good that were back to a normalish time.