House #3: Everybody Lies

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by sandersidle, Sep 26, 2008.

?

New thread title?

Poll closed Oct 3, 2008.
  1. House #3: Humorous Outrageous Unkind Sarcastic Ego...but we love him.

1 vote(s)
    4.3%
  2. House #3: A lowly infectious diseases guy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. House #3: They Call Me "The Cane"

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. House #3: No more mister Nice Guy

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  5. House #3: Finally lupus

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. House #3: Read less, more tv

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  7. House #3: There's no "I" in "team"

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. House #3: Patients always lie

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. House #3: Everybody Lies

10 vote(s)
    43.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. grssom89

grssom89 Pathologist

OMG!!!!!!!!!!
    Haven't seen the ep properly yet but OMG! Don't read on further if you don't want to know what happens.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Kutner kills himself! He cuts his wrists and then shoots himself in the head! I don't understand. I am actually in shock they have done this!

2. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

*BAWLS* Why did this have to happen? Why Kutner? That was so sad. So...random.

I did notice the jab at CSI: Miami. That was funny.

Taub crying at the end was so...:(

Oh and just a clarification, grssom89, Kutner doesn't cut his wrists. He just shoots himself. House says something like, "he didn't cut his wrists, just shot himself in the temple, meaning it was quick."

3. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

It was such a sad episode, and I didn't see that coming at all. I'm not sure why they decided to have Kutner commit suicide...

4. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

No!!!! Why? I loved Kutner! Why him? Did Kal Penn want out? Why not Taub or 13? Did House find a clue by looking through the pictures or he was just looking and saw that one? I am so upset about this! I thought the suicide was to happen on the season finale. Or is there another one planned?

What was the poke at CSI: Miami? I missed it.

5. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

Kal Penn is actually taking a job at the White House.

6. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

I'm sure this episode has aired all across the US so I'll leave out the spoiler boxes.

I was sure Taub would be the one to go. I was shocked!

Kal Penn asked to go. It's not because he didn't like the show anymore, or something like that, he just wanted to do something different. Check Ausiello Files for an interview with Penn and the writers.

I missed it too. Can someone please tell what it was?

7. _Hush_

_Hush_ Winchester Inc.

Poke at CSI: Miami:

Cameron: What's going on? I'm giving you a shot at a cool result, or better yet, a chance to prove other doctors idiotic.
    House: Except you're wrong.
    Cameron: You figured that out by taking off your sunglasses at the strains of a Who-song?

Crap, I'm gonna miss Kutner :(
    He was my favourite newbie doctor, since Cameron and Chase left.

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

:guffaw:Thanks for that! Can't believe I missed that. Think I was still in shock over Kutner!

9. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

I couldn't watch the ep without being spoiled first, oh, well, it wasn't a big surprise as all the rumours pointed Kutner's way as it won't be a previsible character (13) and it'll be unexpected (Taub was too obvious due to his depression).
    Anyway it's a surprise that Kal Penn is going to work at the White House (from House to white House *lol*), watching the ep I thought he didn't want to be out of the show as he didn't play any scene dead.

I liked Kutner. :( (Kutner's memorial).

btw, have you watched April fool's joke?

Last edited: Apr 7, 2009
  10. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Actually, they had two pokes at CSI:Miami. House said the "take off your sunglasses to the strains of a Who song" first, then Cameron did it a couple minutes later to him.

The online memorial thing is a little strange though....

11. mrsjrewing

mrsjrewing CSI Level One

I was shocked, because I haven't been here since the spoilers were put up. I was also pissed. I loved Kutner. He was my favorite newbie. They lost the best. I wouldn't have minded if Taub left. He kind of gets on my nerves. Maybe it's the nose.

12. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Really? Do you have any idea what kind of job?

13. xeri

xeri Hit and Run

Hi everyone

I still have to watch the epi , but HOW COULD THEY :(
    Of course I get it ,that the actor takes another job ,but I now really liked Kutner .Was the best of the new team.
    I loved the character balance between running gag (defi man:guffaw:), thinking outside the box like House (not only medical) and more seriousnes...
    God I will miss this nutcase :alienblush:

Does anyone know who will fill in????

I would love to have Chase back. His character has grown since he left House , and I always liked him - he could also think outside the box (yeah I love that trait^^) and they are now on an more even level. Aaaand House said in one ep that he needs him ...
    Oh I can hope and dream *g* ,because with sometimes only 1 min screentime Chase/Jesse doesn't get enough credit and he was good in diagnostics...
    (Hope my english is not too bad ^^)

EDIT:
    watched the ep now and don't know what to think about it ,kinda numb.
    couldn't he have gone in another country working (India) ?
    did they choose this death for media hype ,quotes?
    do they want to send House down another deep end?

For me it also felt like House was not only afraid to loose his gift ,but that he worried about the whole situation.
    They were in some ways really alike , both in a sort of pain and Kutner must have had troubles he didn't talk about ,like House - so similar situations . House overdosed befor and takes supid risks ,but Kutner really did end it ...

Last edited: Apr 8, 2009
  14. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I had been 3 episodes behind until I watched them this evening. The cat episode was decent but nothing special, the locked-in patient was great, and then... I didn't know that the most recent episode involved the suicide.

I haven't cried this much while watching a TV show in... I don't even know how long.

And despite everything, EVERYTHING, that House has ever done, I think this was the episode in which I truly disliked him.

:(

xeri, I kept getting the feeling that House desperately wanted to figure it out, that getting all the answers would be like "fixing" the situation and then he wouldn't be tortured by those pesky feelings of confusion and loss and guilt. What I didn't like was his browbeating of Mr. and Mrs. Kutner. That was too much. I knew the second he told 13 and Foreman he was coming with them that he'd say something awful. House can make any sensitive or devestating situation 10 times worse.

15. Daquien

Daquien Coroner

^^From EW (Ausiello):