Who is your favorite character on CSI:NY?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 15, 2009.

?

Choose your favorite character from CSI:NY!

1. Mac Taylor

31 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

17 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Danny Messer

25 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

18 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Don Flack

44 vote(s)
    26.2%
  7. Adam Ross

15 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. Sid Hammerback

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Jessica Angell

8 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Another thread I'd missed at the time. Unbelievable... :lol:

Um, hard freakin' poll! :p

I would have to say that my faves have evolved and shifted over the years. Ultimately I had to vote for Flack, as he's been a constant for me from the get-go. All others are near to being in a dead heat. Adam's up there, Stella's grown a lot on me this season, would love to have Hawkes higher up the list, I have an absolute fondness for Sid :D, and a certain inexplicable soft spot for Gary, and more him as an actor than Mac as a character if I think about that for a sec; he was a factor that got me curious about the show to begin with. Whaddaya do. Gotta admit I never warmed to Danny in the same way though I like him, Lindsay neither, I didn't see Aiden make the list (guess it wasn't an 'of all time' poll, just for current characters?), and while Angell's a good character, she's not a factor in whether I'd watch the show or not.

Who I'd probably miss most show-balance wise if they weren't there: Flack, Stella and Mac, but who I'm most fond of? ...Flack & Hawkes. Adam. Stella. Mac. ;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2009
  2. CdfSjaI

CdfSjaI Prime Suspect

Fave characters, hum...

First of all, the cast is probably one of the best in the history of television. Everyone is great, which is very hard to find in shows. There usually is someone that annoys me but not in NY.

I do prefer Flack and Angell though, they are tied for first. A close second is the good Dr. Hawkes. Aside from being incredibly sexy :drool:, I always find myself looking forward to Flack's one liners, facial expressions, and fugly ties. He just seems genuine and completely laid back to, just normal i guess you can say. He's really dedicated too.

Angell, what can I say about her?? It's gotta be the girl power that she represents. Kicking a trash can to knock a suspect down, pushing Flack away after kicking another suspects a*s, and sliding over a the hood of a car to knock down yet another suspect:lol:. How much more awesome can you get? She's beautiful, she stands her ground and doesn't take any one's BS. Everything I think a woman should be (hence my sadness at the season spoiler's)

Lastly, what can I say about Hawkes? I want to be him, that's what. He is so darn smart and get's along with everyone. And he is the only one that can totally talk back to Mac (he has too!) and be cool, because, well he's right!

3. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Yeah, I did it with the cop/lab characters with multiple appearances in the current season. :)

4. CSI Cupcake

CSI Cupcake Police Officer

I had to think hard about this one because each of the characters have endearing qualities but I had to go with Sid Hammerback as my favorite. The words that come out of that man's mouth are worth waiting for and he tells some of the most hilarious and unexpected stories. Some are even shocking!!! And he just sort of rambles along with no apparent understanding of the shock registering on faces of others.

I'm not sure I can explain it well, but he warms my heart in his interactions with others...from his famous line "to the batcave Robin" that he said to Stella, to telling Lindsay that Danny calls her Montana because he has a crush on her, to inviting Mac to Thanksgiving dinner and won't take no for an answer because he doesn't wan't Mac to be alone. He, above everyone else, manages to bring warmth and human interaction that goes outside of the science of solving the crime. Does that make sense?

5. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

It does! You made a perfect description of Sid. I love how he just told Lindsay Danny has a crush on her and surprised her with that. :lol: And I really loved the scene where he invited Mac for dinner. Sid is really a great character. I agree with you!

6. Yumi696

Yumi696 Rookie

Adam. Most definitely Adam. When I first started watching the show, it would've been Don or Danny, but now... definitely Adam. He's the most adorable dork ever. <3 Don comes in close second. Danny's still third, but I'm unhappy that he's changed so much (Free Danny!!!).

7. Mynerva24

Mynerva24 Witness

I voted for Stella. She's just a kind of woman i'd look up to as a great example. Not in every aspect, for sure. But, she's my favorite. Second, comes Mac. Then, Doc, Don, Adam, Jess, Danny, Lindsay, Sid.

8. NM42

NM42 Prime Suspect

The BOYS are leading...hmmm, mere coincidence? ;)

Well for me it had to be Mac....:drool:

He had me hooked since Non/Stop

9. SparkyGirl

SparkyGirl CSI Level One

Such a difficult decision. All are my favorite in certain ways. I went with Don Flack. Although Danny, Mac and Adam were close by.

Don Flack has a certain mystery to him. You don't see the whole him, just bits and pieces as things happen. There has to be more behind being the son of a NYPD legend, than what we see. What about his past besides getting x-ray glasses to see through girls' clothes in middle school? What about the difficulty of living up to his father's NYPD career?

Not to mention the snark and humor he has...a smart butt at times!!! He and Danny rock in that department!!! You just never know what will be snarked on next!

Just my 1.5 cents.

10. EngleBarn

EngleBarn Rookie

My fav is vvithout a doubt Stella, she's just the strong character, also the classic bad childhood example, but somehovv it isn't misused in her character. But actually I have to faves, vvithout Mac, Stella vvould be a dífferent person, so. But I voted Stella.

Sid and Adam shares a joint third, vvithout them, CSI:NY vvouldn't be as fun.

11. Rtelgeuse

Rtelgeuse Hit and Run

My choice was Flack. This character is the reason why I follow CSI:NY.

12. CCA

CCA Police Officer

FLACK!!! Everybody probably gave good answers as to why...I'll make this short

sexy, tall, smartass,...need I say more?

13. CSIinator

CSIinator Victim

I voted for Flack, I mean. who doesn't love those facial expressions of his :]
    Mac comes in 2nd and Adam comes in 3rd :eek:
    :thumbsup:

14. talkingtocactus

talkingtocactus Coroner

i voted mac, i love mac, but i think they're all great. i think hawkes comes a close 2nd, then flack and stella tied for 3rd. lindsay 4th or adam :)

15. Blue

Blue Police Officer

I say it vice versa:

I love [​IMG] Mac, that´s why I voted for Mac!!!

It was a hard decision between Mac and Stella, but then the birds and bees in my stomach won[​IMG]

Have a nice day!!!
    Udonna:luvlove:

Last edited: May 26, 2009