Who is your favorite character on CSI:NY?

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 15, 2009.

?

Choose your favorite character from CSI:NY!

1. Mac Taylor

31 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

17 vote(s)
    10.1%
  3. Danny Messer

25 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

18 vote(s)
    10.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Don Flack

44 vote(s)
    26.2%
  7. Adam Ross

15 vote(s)
    8.9%
  8. Sid Hammerback

5 vote(s)
    3.0%
  9. Jessica Angell

8 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. CSINYGal88

CSINYGal88 Hit and Run

I love Mac! Had to vote for him. I love Stella too, as you can see [points to avatar/icon]

But, I love me Gary/Mac!

2. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

Hmmm... I am torn between 4 of the characters, Adam, Sid, Mac and Stella... I went for Adam, cause he's just so darn cute, and that adorkable charm of his, gosh I just love him... :adore: Hmm, I guess the other 3 would tie for a very close second. :D

3. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I have three favorite characters -- Mac, Stella, and Flack -- and my "most favorite" tends to change between those three depending on the storyline and/or season.

Currently, I chose Stella as my favorite. I think it's hard to create and sustain a female character who is strong and tough but also feminine, compassionate, and likeable, but between MK and the writers, they've managed to do that with Stella.

Also, with tough female characters, it seems that too often they are written as having some major baggage or character flaw that makes them emotionally dysfunctional or even self-destructive. I like that Stella doesn't use her background as an excuse and that she seems to have a hopeful attitude that makes her pick herself up and keep moving forward even after bad experiences.

Mac is also a favorite, especially in the earlier seasons. I thought he had the potential (and perhaps still does) to be one of the more complex and layered characters with an interesting development storyline. I'm not a big fan of the way he's been written over the last year or so, though...too many inconsistencies in personality and behavior...and I fear the writers may be losing sight of the core qualities that made Mac interesting. We'll see....

It's funny how my view of Flack has changed over time. I am not a big fan of the early version -- thought he seemed too two-dimensional and snarky. But as the writers and EC have developed the character, I've come to really appreciate what he brings to the series and now view him as one of the three main anchors.

4. Shytownmofo

Shytownmofo Lab Technician

For me, it has to be a tie between Danny and Flack. I love Danny's passion and the way he wears his heart on his sleeve, no matter how much trouble it gets him into.

I love Flack for his attitude, being badass and snarky, but not unnecesarily so. He has a real ability to get to the heart of things.

However, due to the changes to Danny's character for the worse, I'm picking Flack.

5. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

I didn't mention Danny in my previous response because he's not really towards the top of my list at this point in time. Not that I dislike him, but I just found him more interesting in the earlier seasons when his Tanglewood connections and conflicts with Mac were more prominent. Too bad they lost that element.

There are also many things to like about some of the others, especially Adam and Sid.

And too bad the polling software can't handle multiple favorites because that's really the way it works for me. I probably wouldn't watch this series if I only had one favorite.

In this case, I think it's much easier for me to pick one least favorite character....

6. catherine ann

catherine ann Civilian

My favourite character would have to be besides Mac and stella would be REED of course, he has to be one of the best new chatacters that ever came into a show. I know he has been in the show since season three. i love the show even more since he came into it. Mac is such a better person since meeting Reed he is softer, happier and great when he is with him and it shows when he is with his team and how he treats them. I loved Capital LOVED the epiosde Taxi esp the scene with Mac sitting beside Reed at the hospital and in the cab i also really loved that storyline from the start and i love when crime shows do those kind of storylines they can be really good and you start to enjoy the show more. I really hope that Reed will be back this season i hope. I am looking forward to seeing season five as i live in Ireland i will see it in the spring cant wait does anyone know if Reed will come back this season i know the show has only six or seven eps left before the end. I heard today about the season finale and i cant wait to see the clips and see what happens. flack is also my fave.

7. AbbyD

AbbyD Dead on Arrival

I came to CSI:NY for Gary Sinise and stayed for Eddie Cahill.

Flack is the only reason I'm still watching the show, although I do enjoy Hawkes, Adam and Sid a great deal.

Long, long ago, I found Danny an interesting character. However, the endless
    D/L crap has really made him a non-entity. For the first few episodes of this
    season I thought they were going to rehab the character into some semblance of his former self. But the advent of the baby melodrama has killed any forward progress. Now he just makes me tired <shrug>.

8. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

Technically it can, but only if you don't specify how many people get to choose - I wanted it to be three, but it was either 'pick as many as you want' or 'pick one'. :lol:

9. Sammey

Sammey Victim

I have four favorites, but I voted for Hawkes. I also love Adam, Flack and Lindsay.

Lindsay has really good interactions with everyone except Danny because they don't have any chemistry. And I agree, the lighter scenes are way better for her. I love the banter she has with Hawkes and Flack (Sex, Lies & Silicone, anyone?), her close friendship with Stella is really interesting. And I love how Mac seems to have a somewhat fatherly relationship with her. Her scenes with Sid and Adam are usually pretty funny, too.

10. Flacknatic

Flacknatic Hit and Run

As the handle says, I am a Don Flack-natic!!! He is the most perfect, hunk of man meat on tv these days.

Close second on the show would have to be Mac fallowed by Stella!

11. CSi:Idette

CSi:Idette Hit and Run

aww man! You can only pick one??? To hard! You should have a choice that says all of the above! :) They are all amazing!!

12. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Oh, I see what you mean. Yeah, "pick as many as you want" probably wouldn't lead to much differentiation in this type of poll.:)

13. Brinchen

Brinchen Pathologist

I voted for Lindsay. I love Danny and Lindsay equally, but I had to decide for one, right? ;) And so I voted for Lindsay. She has always been my favourite character, since I started to watch the show. I just love her. I could start explaining why, but this would be a super long post then. :lol:

14. AppleJack

AppleJack Police Officer

Definitely Don Flack. He has always been my favorite. I'm thrilled TPTB increased his screen time, he deserves it. I love him not just for his looks (okay I admit, initially that was the only reason :p) but also for his wit and loyalty. I could go on and on but I'm afraid I'll end up babbling so to be safe I'll just stop right now. :D

15. Elsie

Elsie Shopaholic

Yep, for me it's Don Flack. For many of the reasons that other people have already listed above. :)