Eric/Greg Leggo Our Greggo Thread #13

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Dizzney, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

You know, I wouldn't be surprised if this suckfest of an episode were to cause the show's ratings to drop drastically. Seriously, watching paint dry would have been more entertaining!

2. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I was very disappointed in tonight's ep. Not just for the lack of Greg and the others, but the story line seemed ...idk cut off at the end. Or maybe I missed something cause I fell asleep and didn't know it. The last few eps it seemed that Greg has only been doing work on the computer..Archies job..wtf. I just got into csi and now it's going to go down the crapper, that sucks. I started buying the dvd's and I'm up to season 7 and I loved every season so far. Each ep I just love Greg even more.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2009
  3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Well I may as well add my two cents worth in about the lack of Greg last night :brickwall: As I've said in the episode discussion thread I was not impressed with the Ray Langston hour. I felt badly for all the actors but I really felt for Eric. Here's a guy that's been there since day 1 and all he gets is what a 5 minute scene. I sure as hell hope he gets paid by the episode and not the scene. The lack of Greg now explains why Eric didn't look to happy in the pictures from the 200th episode party. I can only hope that things will improve the rest of the season for Greg and Eric.

Does anyone know if Eric is signed up to do a season 10. Mind you after last nights piece of garbage do we want a season 10 :rolleyes:

4. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

None of us know for sure if he has signed up for the 10th season. A part of me would understand to a point if he did not continue on after the way he gets treated most of the time.

I would have been happy had he actually had 5 minutes of screen time last night, it was more like 2 minutes worth and during that two minutes Ray made him look like an idiot by telling him to zoom in and zoom out all the time, like he has never done it before. Hodges had more scenes than Greg. And Hodges is getting a whole episode again this season....where's Greg's????

We were lucky for the last episode where he actually had a lot of screen time, I guess they figured that was enough for him for a few episodes. :censored:

5. starzsgirl

starzsgirl Captain

Oy...I'm lucky I gave up on blinking last night or I would have missed Eric. Sheesh do they not realize how much of a relief that he and his character are? The writers and TPTB have no idea what they are squandering to shove the new people in our faces.

I too agree that Marg, Paul, and George are also under used, as well as Liz. Gah...I think we could all write much better episodes and be able to spread the screen time to everyone. Anyone with me?

6. Dizzney

Actually Brass was in this episode a lot and he is probably the one original cast member who they have been using a lot since Fishburne came along. Nick has had his eps, with Turn, Turn, Turn and it looks like next week too. But poor Greg gets the shaft most of the time, with a few episode exceptions. I guess I am just really sick of seeing him being reduced to the AV guy. Isn't that Archie's job? I mean didn't Greg become a CSI to get out of the lab and yet he still spends most of his episodes in it. I rather have him back doing DNA if that is the case.

7. CSIElizabeth

CSIElizabeth Witness

I have to say I am glad I spoiled myself and decided to watch ER. When I was watching the scene with Greg, I wanted to shout out 'Stop telling him what to do like he just started training for this job!' Eric deserved way better than this episode, especially Marg, Paul and George. I would have even liked to see Riley! Even flipping back and forth between the two shows and catching glimpses made me go 'What the heck happened to my show? This is not CSI.' I think I'll just look at the caps of Greg from this episode from now on instead of watching that scene. I couldn't stand seeing Greg being told how to do his job.

On the plus side, he did look handsome as always. I could tell at the end of the scene, he just looked like 'What did I sign up for?'

8. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Sometimes I really think that we Greg fans must be masochists to keep watching this show in the hopes of getting more than five minutes of our favorite guy! I must confess that I was pretty impressed with much of this season, but, judging by this episode and the preview for the next one, I can't help wondering if the only reason Greg was getting so much screentime this season was that MH and GE hadn't been as available for much of the season -- and now that they're more available, we won't be seeing as much of Greg.

9. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

Argh... I haven't seen Mascara yet but after reading the episode discussion and your comments I guess there's no point in hurrying now (or probably there's no point in watching it at all :().
    And to think I was hopeful and really believed TPTB would appreciate the original cast :brickwall: I so don't want to see Eric go, but, as Dizzney, certainly wouldn't blame him if he decided to leave.
    A 200th episode and he gets one scene??? :wtf: And the guy who's still a CSI Level 1 does more than Greg was ever allowed??? Really, that's just ridiculous and totally disrespectful :(

10. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

^ What she said. I don't even want to watch it. And I'm already considering sending off a letter to TPTB and another to Eric. I'm so disappointed and I can't even imagine how I'll feel after I watch the ep. If I watch it. I guess if I DO write a letter I'd have to know what I'm talking about.

I'm so proud of Greg, it took him a long build up to even get out of the lab and get his Level One, and with time, effort and patience he's a Level 3. THAT's the kind of character I want to watch, THAT's the kind of show I want to invest my time in.

It wouldn't surprise me if Eric moved on to better things. 9 seasons and 200 episodes he's devoted to the show and this is how they treat him? :( I'm going to sleep on it and decide tomorrow if I actually want to watch the episode. And that is a sad state to be in. :(

11. Szmile

Szmile Police Officer

Wow, you guys scare me!!

Write to the *ahem* writers!! Write to the magazines! Write to the President!

I wish we were able to do a petition like the Jorja fans did.

12. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

That seriously made me crack up!! But it is so true, this ep was so horrible that I am glad Greg wasn't in it much just so I never have to watch it again! Greg or no Greg this ep would have still sucked.

BTW- I posted 3 screen caps from the episode on the pic thread. One for each min he had on screen! :lol: :(

Last edited: Apr 4, 2009
  13. Dizzney

He did not even make it to a full three minutes on screen. :(

Yeah and the previews for next week make me wonder if he will just be the AV guy again in for like 2 minutes worth.

They get our hopes up with an ep like NWO and then slap us in the face again with an episode like this. More like slap Eric in the face, saying he is not good enough to have more screen time in every episode. Sorry Eric, only a couple episodes a season, the rest you have to be in less than 3 minutes. :brickwall:

14. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

I just can't believe that 200th ep was just a crap. I won't wait for it. And only three minutes for Greg! Ugh. They're really silly sometimes. And how the heck they showed viewers a bad episode? How? They didn't have ideas? The 100th ep "Ch-Ch-Changes" was great, it's one of my favorites, and now they lost their creativity? Someone mentioned that Marg and George couldn't spend too much time on set and that's why Greg had much more screen time - to fill. Gosh, and again they're going to sing the same old song?

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

Greg wasn't the only one screwed (although he got it the worst). I think Catherine and Nick both got the shaft too. It seemed Catherine was put on screen because they had to use her, Nick was just there for show. We were watching 'The Ray Langston Show'.

Let's go to CBS and complain, not just about Greg but about the episode itself. CBS has a feedback page. Find it here

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.