"Mascara" 200th Ep Discussion *SPOILERS*

Have you guys seen the new preview on youtube,it is called the little preview and in it it says that Langston takes the lead with a vengance. And I did notice that he is doing the lead,in the interrogation room,with the witnesses and he comes in in front of Nick into the fighting area, and when they see the body he is in front not Catherine,is this some type of foreshadowing???

Wouldn't it be great if Grissom made an appearance in the 200th episode? I know that William Petersen is still part of the show in some way directing/producing. I doubt he will but one can dream! I miss Grissom!

Won't it be great if Greg gets to make an appearance in this episode since he's, you know, a part of the team?

^ Agreed. Plus, we all know promos aren't true depictions of what is in the episode. But, I'm sure I don't need to say it! :)

3) Believable case/title. (It hasn't aired yet/"Mascara"? What does that have to do with anything? Is it a wrestling name? What?)

I've been just assuming that the name is really supposed to be 'Máscara' or possibly even 'Mascará', rather than 'Mascara'. The episode is about something in Spanish, so they could mean mask (there were masks on a lot of the wrestlers) or maybe something to do with chewing.

Mascará = future 'he/she/formal you' conjugation of mascar, which means 'to chew'

Máscara = mask

^Oh come on guys, Greggo got plenty of screentime in the last episode, so you know.

Greg's gotten pretty good screentime this season, but it's hard for us Greg fans to really expect much screentime for him in the future just because, after 8 seasons of very little screentime, it's hard to get used to him actually being there for more than five minutes per episode. But, for this episode, I'd have the same concerns about Riley and Nick as well. Cath, Brass and Ray (and obviously SuperDave, since the promo involved the first scene with the body) are the only ones I've really seen much of in the promos.

I saw Nick a lot in this promo. I do not think you have you worry about him being in it.

I saw Nick a lot in this promo. I do not think you have you worry about him being in it.

Argh. So that means I just have to worry about Greg and Riley :( It's true that 'No Way Out' was awesome for both of them, but I hope that that wasn't a one-time thing.

Won't it be great if Greg gets to make an appearance in this episode since he's, you know, a part of the team?

Well, atleast your favorite is still on the show. And you get to see him every thursday even if only for 5 minutes.

I just watched the promo for the first time. I'm not sure how I feel about it but I'll give it a chance. I'm more excited for Space Oddity though.

Greg's gotten pretty good screentime this season, but it's hard for us Greg fans to really expect much screentime for him in the future just because, after 8 seasons of very little screentime, it's hard to get used to him actually being there for more than five minutes per episode
Well, there's still a ways to go and the show is coming back next season.

I saw the previews and woe, Langston looks intense..I might like seeing this raging side of Langston, we've seen the gentle giant, now we'll see him. Maybe he'll do a couple of Matrix style moves.

Nick: What are you doing Ray!

Ray: I don't know why I'm doing these martial arts moves Nick..it's just in me..I can't get it out of me..

Nick turns away and shakes his head: You're creeping me out Ray!

TV Guide interview with Director William Friedkin on his 200th Episode He Directed

It's a great read. Interesting part of the interview is:

TVGuide.com: Since Petersen remains an executive producer, did he come in and watch the filming? Did he seem like he was itching to get back in front of the camera?
Friedkin: He came down for two or three days, yeah. We're very close friends. I'm just crazy about him. I sort of discovered him, and we've stayed very close over the years and I'm not at all surprised by his success. He's one of the hardest working actors I know and when you consider that he left [CSI] at the very top to go back to Chicago to do plays — you know, his dedication to his craft is, to me, unprecedented. I've met a lot of people who started in theater and say they're going to do that and then they never do because the money's so good. You know what the money is on a television series [after] nine years? I imagine he could've eked it out for several more years. They love him in that role.

I think he'll do a few [more episodes] as he said he would. I think if they can craft some special stories for him... I think Jorja [Fox] will as well. But it was really a pleasure to work with the other guys. I love working with Marg [Helgenberger] and Paul [Guilfoyle] and George [Eads], Eric [Szmanda]. Liz Vassey I think is underused on that show. I think she's wonderful. I'll tell you, I've been on feature films where the actors aren't as prepared as they are on that show.

Back