Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Because Calleigh has had so much happen to her in the last 2 seasons people have forgotten that she had almost nothing for the first 5 seasons. In five seasons we saw:

-Hagen and 2.5 seconds of Elliot
    -Hagen's suicide
    -Dealing with her dad here and there
    -Getting pushed in the canal (season 5)

*I did not include Speed's death cause that was something that affected all of them not just her.

Compared to Natalia that in just 2 seasons had:

-The mole story
    -Her fling with Eric
    -Her abusive ex-husband coming back and being kind of stalkerish
    -Her abusive ex-husband (who she slept with again) dying and her being a suspect
    -Her sister being abducted
    -Her FBI friend not being such a good guy

I know that right know Natalia needs a storyline like desperately, and Calleigh needs a rest. But what I'm saying is that for some reason it seems that the writers are not able to balance giving them all storylines without one or two of them being put in the backburner. They just seem to focus on someone repeatedly while others are left kind of in the backseat. Plus maybe it would've worked better if everything that happened to Cal in the last two seasons would've been spread out throughout the seven seasons.

However, I still agree that she needed something to make her less robotic and more in touch with her feelings. The fact that she can express feelings (7.16 scenes with Eric) and be touched deeply by things that happen (victim that died in Wrecking Crew and her crying) do not make her co-dependent and weak. I like seeing her express emotion and reacting to things that happen instead of shutting everything out.

EDIT: Thank you ladyd10 :)

I would love to see Emily dancing!!!! IDK how it could be incorporated into the show, but if there's a way I really would like to see it :)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2009
  2. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

I have seen that clip and you are right. It is hilarious. There are quite a few clips of her from her West Wing days on YT.

I would love to see Calleigh and Eric on a date or something just having a good time like her character is doing in that Bossa Nova clip.

It doesn't have to be any big scene, but just something where the two of them aren't working on a case or trying to hide their relationship from co-workers.

Just a quick scene where the two of them are laughing, maybe dancing, and enjoying each other's company.

3. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I felt like Cal had pretty much been forgotten back in season 4.

I think part of the problem of some characters being ignored and other not is that there are too many characters to balance now. Natalia is a nice alternative and addition but things have gotten crowded. She and Frank are often forgotten b/c there is jut not enough time in an ep to spread things around so everyone gets an opportunity to be in the forefront.

And it pisses me off that the new M.E. has gotten more screen time than Nat...while Nat might not be my favorite character on the show but I do not think it is fair that her character gets ignored while a new character gets more screen time. Just as when Natalia was introduced it took time away from Cal....this show didn't need anymore main cast characters and although I like some of them...I felt the same way when they expanded the cast for LV. A cast for a show can get too big at some point.

I miss Alexx but it became painfully obvious in later seasons that it was just too difficult for them to give screen time or storylines to the M.E.....so IMO when Khandi left, they did not need to bring in another main cast character to fill the role. They could have left it vacant or made it a recurring role, just like Valera and the point of being in the morgue and seeing an the body etc would be still be utilized. But instead they felt the need to permanently fill a role they couldn't sustain. So inorder to sustain it, they cast aside other characters to develop it...the same reason Khandi vacated the role in the first place. They are just going around in cricles at this point. When you lose an actor for reasons of screen time...it should show you that your cast is too big for your show to handle ;)

I got a little off topic there and I do apologize :D

4. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

LMAO!! I love LOVE that scene!! :lol: I have seen it so many times and it does make me pee my pants every time!

I also noticed in a behind the scenes on ET or something for Resurrection (i think) and Emily is joking around and does a little ballerina spin and her leg went out all straight and I remember thinking 'Whoa she looks like she knows what she's doing'. :lol:

That would be hilarious to have Calleigh maybe jammin' out to some music in her fire arms lab while doing paper work late at night and have Eric walk in on her belting some country music or something hahaha. Oh this is making me giggle to think about!

Although its highly unlikely to happen, its fun to dream about scenes like that (or write fanfic:devil:)

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

We've got a lot to say lately :bolian:

restless-mess I just love your avatar, it cracks me up and that's just season 1!!:lol: :drool:!!

I think that about Vegas also. I guess that's why I don't like the lab rats getting so much attention, there are just too many people. Miami doesn't even pay attention to the lab rats and still they don't balance out the storylines :lol:.

Lately though they've been giving each of them more similar sreentime so I hope they continue down that road. However since H, Eric, and Cal are there since the beginning I think that they'll always may get a little bit more than the rest.

See, now I'm thinking of all possible ways to incorporate Cal dancing :lol:. I love dancing and that would just make me so happy :). Plus I don't think it is such a stretch to think that maybe Eric knows how to dance also. Them dancing would definitely be :drool:. Again, don't know how it could go with the flow of the show but if there's a way I would love to see it :).

6. ArizonaGirl

ArizonaGirl Hit and Run

I think it would be great to show them near the end of an episode, maybe after a stressful case is over, just unwinding over dinner, dancing...there doesn't even have to be any dialogue for me. I would just love to see them enjoying each other's company outside of the lab, where they are free to engage in all the eye sex :guffaw:and snuggling they want without having to worry about who's watching them.

7. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

Yeah it would be nice to see a scene that would go like that.^
    It's Friday and I can't wait till Miami Monday:scream:
    Can't wait for all e/c scenes;i bet they will be great:thumbsup:
    7.20 bathroom scene
    :devil::drool:

won't be back till Monday Catch you till then guys:thumbsup::bolian:

8. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

Okay, I've come up with a solution for my own "dancing in an episode" dilemma :p

Picture this:

It's the end of an episode/case. The team pretty much knows about Eric & Calleigh but are cool with it and keeping it from Stetler. Natalia, Ryan, Valera, Eric, & Calleigh all go out to a club and we see them drinking and out on the dance floor together (Eric & Calleigh together...duh!).

Interspliced with this is Horatio out with Kyle (bonding...who knows...mini golf? A movie? A musuem...whatever) getting a phone call.

Back to the team at the club. More dancing, switching partners, joking around, everyone really happy.

Then to Horatio on the phone talking very seriously and low, Kyle looking at him in concern.

Back to the dance club, one by one they all get phone calls.

Then finally back to the parking lot, with Horatio and Frank standing there looking upset and everyone pulling up. They all look on in shock as the shot pulls away to show the lab with firemen running around and sirens everywhere. A bomb went off, corrupting the case they had built against Delko's "biological dad" and the Russian mob, while also destroying part of the building.

Horatio shows them his phone where a single text message says something in Russian. He has Eric translate it and in a quiet voice, Eric looks up at Horatio and says: "This is only the beginning".

The Russian mafia has spoken...cue season finale cliffhanger!

Then next season, CBS can work with budget cuts on sound stages b/c they could only have one or two un-damaged labs; it brings in the FBI to mess with the lab & Horatio/Frank; Calleigh and Eric's relationship is even more on alert b/c of the intense scrutiny of the lab; Ryan, Natalia, Valera, have just been thrown into the focus of the mob more than before.

Just an idea...haha...okay...maybe not... LOL :shifty:

9. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

MINI GOLF! I love it! I would pay actual money to see Horatio Caine and his son standing on a mini golf course, setting up a putt... trying to get the ball into the correct entrance of the "Enchanted Castle" hole. :lol:

Are they still going after Delko's bio dad? I was left a little confused on this point. Regardless, yes, bring them all together after a disaster! Who would've planted the bomb? Would it've been someone from the Russian mob who broke into the lab? Is someone in the lab a mole for the mob? I must know!

Let's tell the writers to do it! Then again, I guess they already have all of the season 7 scripts written and finalized..... oh well, I really like this scenario. Write a fanfic about it! Do it!!!

Oooooooo, drama drama drama! Srsly, fanfic time. :)

10. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I'd love to see a scene like that, but I think it won't happen. I guess just the two of them spending time together is too intimate and romantic to put it on the show.:rolleyes:
    But it'd be great if they show us the whole team enjoying each others company after a rough day at work. I think showing them all having fun outside lab won't be too much and the cute little scene with Calleigh and Eric dancing together during that kind of meeting won't hurt either;).

11. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Thanks ever so much now for the fan fic visual! I've got this insane vision of everyone being at a club, like it was already set up, yet it's not hip hop or country music playing in my mind's ear. I hear Salsa. And Salsa can be muy caliente, especially if the partners have a relationship. With Emily's dance background (I believe she actually has a degree in dance from ECU) it could be seriously hot. I don't know if Adam can actually dance, but I bet he can at least fake it well. This is going to be driving me nuts now, you know.

Just as an aside, A&E just played Felony Flight and I couldn't help wishing that the scene between Emily and Gary Sinise had been longer becaue they worked so effortlessly with each other. I would have liked to see more of that.

12. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

That is EXACTLY the kind of music that immediately jumped into my mind! Eric and Calleigh doing the salsa? I'm pretty sure my TV would burst in flames. These two are so hot together when they're just talking. God only knows how hot it would get if they were dancing, hips pressed up against each other, fire in their eyes...

Thank you JackieG0630! If they don't hire you to write for the show (even though you'd be awesome at it!), at least we'll have that image in our mind to think about. ;)

13. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I would love to see them outside of work on a date either alone or with everyone else but sadly I doubt we will ever see something like that :( Only b/c this show doesn't really show their characters outside of work...which is one of the reasons I think some of the scenes we get for them seem out of place; they take place at work when they are scenes that really call to be shown when they are outside of work. Also, a reason why some are upset at how the writers are handling them...we don't often see our characters outside of work b/c of time constraints so in order for us to get scenes that concern their relationship, the writers are forced to somehow write them into "work" scenes...which can often come across as odd or out of place. Sucks actually.

To be honest I would love to see ALL of them outside of work. I mean we have seen the characters of LV and NY at company functions but we have never seen the Miami characters in a situation like that. We've heard them mention (Ryan to Eric in DeLuca Motel and Eric to Cal in An They're Offed) that they all go out together, it would be nice to actually see it. The writers are obviously attempting to show more commraderie among the team, except for the fact that they don't actually show it.

If we were to see them outside of work and I think someone mentioned this scenario already, would be them on a date, maybe on their day off (like in SYG) and a crime occurs where they are or there is a commotion and they go over to see....the rest of the team shows up and they are already investigating and everyone wants to know how they got there so fast. I think it would be funny considering Ryan already suspects something...he would be all smug about it when they come up with their excuse as to why they were near by together :lol:

Last edited: Mar 28, 2009
  14. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Something I'd love to see for the whole team is them all to be at a formal function like a Mayor's Ball or something. We've seen it n Vegas and NY. Why can't Miami do the same? I mean, they're supposed to be the premiere shift that the county is so proud of. I'd love to see the guys in tuxedos and the women in formal gowns. Just an aside, Emily already did the formal gown thing in the West Wing. She was called in to doctor the language on a document and was called away from a Federalists' Society function.

15. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

You guys are really good, I was only in Las Vegas for 3 days and I came back to so many new posts. I am still catching up :lol:

I would love a scene like that. They would all look so nice dressed up and it would give Eric & Calleigh a chance to look like prom king & queen :lol:

That would be so hot :devil:
    There is nothing like watching a man move on the dance floor, it is so sexy and I do believe that Eric & Calleigh would both heat up the dance floor. They might even have to move it over to cable for one night :devil: :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.