The 30 and Over Club

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous' started by CSI_Kat, Aug 21, 2008.

1. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

WOW Dynamo1, you are really bringing back old memories. The Powers of Matthew Star, Barney Miller, my dad and g'pa loved that show. Land of the lost, Love it!

I don't recall that either but then again my memory isn't so good. They just recently had a circus of the stars and it was like shall I say, stars that are in the prime light anymore. Much like Dancing with the stars.

Okay, I thought about that and my memory started to come back to me. I had to looked it up, you're right there was one.

Circus of the Stars was an annual television special, broadcast by the CBS network in the United States, in which celebrities performed circus-type acts. There were 19 shows in total, the first being broadcast in 1977 and the last in 1994. Over the years the series featured many leading movie and television stars.

2. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

^ Nice to know that in my old age I am not completely losing my mind. :p

How about the night soaps like Dallas and Dynasty. Anyone remember who shot JR? I do ;).

3. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Yup Kristin did :) Sorry to spoil the plot there if anyone hasn't seen the show :)

I never was one for Dynasty the show just didn't interest me.

Did anyone watch the Dallas spin off Knots Landing? I started to watch the show when it first came out but after a while like most soaps it became to predictable. That is probably why I stopped watching Dallas after a while.

4. Speedystokesgirl

Speedystokesgirl Judge

I agree, Jacquie, I started watching all those night time soaps, but after a few years, I couldn't watch them anymore. It was the same thing over and over again. :rolleyes:

OMG, 'The Powers of Matthew Star', wow, I completely forgot about that show.

How about 'The Greatest American Hero'? Trying to fly...:guffaw:

Barney Miller...gotta love Fish (Abe Vigoda)

How about 'Lou Grant'? I think that's the first time a spinoff was completely opposite of the original. 'Mary Tyler Moore' was a 1/2 hour comedy show and 'Lou Grant' was an 1 hour long drama.

5. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I totally had a crush on Matthew Barton on The Powers of Matthew Star. That was a shortlived show though, I believe? :lol:

I remember another emergency type show I used to like- there was an actor named Andrew something that I had a big thing for... Code Red maybe? Does this ring any bells for anyone?

I always loved The Muppet Show too. :)

6. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

OMG I so totally started singing.....
    "It's time to cue the music.
    It's time to dim the lights,
    It's time to getthings started,
    On the Muppet Show Tonight!"

I loved this show....and the old guys in the balcony. :)

How about Happy Days, Three's Company and Mork and Mindy. (Nanoo Nanoo):lol:

7. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

The name was Andrew Stevens. :D I absolutely loved Code Red. Which is strange because the one thing that always scared me as a kid was fire. (Watched a neighbors house burn to the ground and relight after the fire department left when I was a little kid. :eek:)

I always liked the old guys in The Muppet Show. Both my brother and I thought they were hilarious. :lol: The only episode I remember is the one with Luke Skywalker, R2D2, and C-3PO.

Susan

8. BabaOReilly

BabaOReilly Head of the Swing Shift Premium Member

I think those old guys were called Warner and Statler or something? There were so many cool characters on that show. Waka waka! :lol:

Thanks for the Code Red info! Andrew Stevens! That was totally him. Too funny. I had an uber crush on him. I think Sam. J. Jones or somebody was on that too.

Mork and Mindy... just the other day I was telling someone that I am actually aging backwards, a la "Mearth", Mork and Mindy's son! Jonathan Winters was so funny, and when he and Robin Williams got going, it was pure gold. Talk about improv masters.

9. Jacquie

The old guys were called Waldorf and Statler. I loved them. They were great with the snide comments :guffaw:

I don't recall Code Red so that means I probably didn't watch it.

Mork and Mindy was another good one :guffaw: I keep waiting for Pam Dawber to show up on NCIS one of these days. I'm surprised that she hasn't been on and the shows in their 6th season.

10. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I remember that I liked Andrew Stevens, but I couldn't quite place the show, so I went searching for it. Apparently it wasn't on long, maybe why I can't remember it. But it sure was exciting based on the description! :lol:

"Joe Rorchek is a battalion fire chief and stern patriarch of a family of dedicated firefighters in Los Angeles. His two sons, Ted and Chris are following in the old man's footsteps. They also spend a fair amount of time following Haley Green, a comely young thing who happens to be L.A.'s first female firefighter. So the scene is set for fiery disasters, perilous rescues and mayhap a touch of romance. Each episode also contained fire safety and lifesaving themes for young viewers."

"Mayhap a touch of romance"!! :guffaw: Thanks for the memories! :lol:

11. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Was anyone else like me and waited every year for them to show The Sound of Music, The Wizard of Oz and The Grinch (along with the other Christmas favorites)?

12. twiztid4togo

twiztid4togo Coroner

I loved the Muppet Show. Never missed it because it always had all the stars I loved on it. My fav was Animal, he was awesome. But I have to say this is one of the things that has stuck in my head over the years.
    Manamana mah -na mah-na

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTXyXuqfBLA

We did the Wizard of Oz every year and as a kid I use to watch all the Charlie Brown holiday shows and all the holiday cartoons. Sadly my kids could careless about them. Anyone remember how they use to have the Wonderful world of Disney every Sunday night and a show on?

13. Robin

Robin Prime Suspect

I used to have an 8-track tape that had an episode of a Muppets show on it. I love the Muppets. :)

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Count me in for the Muppets. And "Remminton Steele" I had a huge crush on Piece Brosnan back then.....If you gals ever get the chance - at the time he was in a short TV - series. Where he played an Irsh lad in love with a girl...got kick of to US ...BUT I am telling you....in between drama..:drool::drool::drool::drool: You never ever since seen a fitter and more wellproportioned young shirtless guy....uhh I am getting gossebumps....

Perhaps some fellow europeans can help me as to title....I would soooooo love to see that again on a lonely dark night...

And if any europeans are online...What is the one called where the Irsh girl get deported to Australien as a prisnor and works as a nanny before getting the gituarplaying guy.

If I was a rich man
    I´d buy x ribbons
    to tide in your hair...

15. Jacquie

Ah yes Remington Steele another good show :)

I was never into The Wizard of Oz as a child. I didn't like it. I have this dislike of shows that have animals in them and are put in danger. I have since watched it as an adult and I do enjoy it every once in a while. Our Christmas view was usually The Grinch and Charlie Brown but it also included A Christmas Carol, The Bishop's Wife and Going My Way. I still like these movies at Christmas.

Yup I also remember Walt Disney on Sunday nights. I had to be careful what I watched as I wouldn't do any animal shows. Heck I walked out of Bambi as a little kid and I've never seen the movie since. I don't like it when man hurts animals. Now the Lion King is one movie I've seen and I love. But the dangers in animal are brought on by other animals. No man is involved. I know it probably doesn't make sense but hey that's me for you :)