The Rest In Peace & Remembrance Thread

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

There are just no words to express how sad I am about this. RIP Natasha.

2. WP_Rocks_MY_World

WP_Rocks_MY_World CSI Level Three

I'm am very sad and shock to hear Natasha had died. :(
    My thoughts and prayers go out to Liam, their boys & Family.

R.I.P.

3. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

I do not know why her death has affected me so much. I don't know if it is because she was young, or because I love her movies, or simply because she seemed like such a tender-hearted nice woman. My prayers go out to her family. From what I've heard on other sites (google news and what not) she had what was called "delayed bleeding" meaning she appeared to be fine until the bleeding happened. Other reports state that she turned the ambulance away at the ski resort when they came to get her because she said she would be fine. Regardless, this death is just so random and too tragic to comprehend.

4. Desertwind

Desertwind Head of the Day Shift

I says here that Natasha Richardson died from a 'brain injury' so you can all read the tragic details on this link~

LINK

5. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Blacklisted actress Betsy Blair dies in London
    Associated Press Writer – Fri Mar 20, 7:53 am ET

LONDON – Betsy Blair, the Oscar-nominated actress and teenage bride of Gene Kelly, has died in London at the age of 85, her publisher said on Thursday.

The New Jersey-born actress, who later married film director Karel Reisz, suffered from cancer and died on March 13.

Mark Searle, at Elliot & Thompson, the British publishers of Blair's 2003 autobiography, confirmed her death.

Blair and Kelly married in 1941 and moved to Hollywood, where he became a major star. She was 17 and he was 29. The couple divorced in 1957.

Beginning in the late 1940s, Blair took parts in "The Guilt of Janet Ames," and "A Double Life." But her movie career stalled after her enthusiasm for leftist causes landed her on Hollywood's blacklist.

6. Della

Della Police Officer

Jade Goody dies of Cancer

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7928596.stm

Jade Goody may be more known by the British contingent of this board and perhaps not so widely known by the rest, however, I thought I'd still post this here.

Jade had her critics and, in my opinion, they could be pretty brutal at times, especially those who seemed to determine what kind of person she was through her lack of education and perhaps a lack of common sense, however, what I liked about Jade Goody was the fact that what you saw is what you got. There were no pretenses about her and she cared so much for her family. She also had the strength of character to poo-poo her critics and still maintain who she was.

She was twenty seven years of age when she died and, like her or not, that's much too young.

May she rest in peace and hopefully she died without any more worries concerning her sons.

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

^ I've been reading about her a lot. It's so sad, she was so young and her kids are young too. What's worse is that they lost their mother on Mother's Day! Her illness has raised awareness to many. I was hoping she would win her battle of cancer, but she didn't. She was a fighter, that's for sure. May she rest in peace.

It's also sad about Natasha Richardson, she too was young.

8. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

WABC radio newsman George Weber found stabbed to death at home

BY David Hinkley, Caitlin Millat, and Edgar Sandoval
    DAILY NEWS WRITERS
    Updated Monday, March 23rd 2009, 1:50 AM

Longtime New York radio newsman George Weber was found stabbed to death in his Brooklyn apartment Sunday morning, cops said.

The bloody body of Weber, a passionate fan of the city who spent a decade doing local news on WABC morning radio, was found just after 9 a.m. when he didn't show up for work.

Weber, 47, was freelancing at ABC's national radio network after being laid off last year.

Cops believe Weber was killed Friday evening. He was found in bed with stab wounds in the neck and chest, cops said.

Full story at New York Daily News

9. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Report: Sylvia Plath’s son commits suicide
    The death of Nicholas Hughes adds to the family’s tragic history

updated 10:10 a.m. ET, Mon., March. 23, 2009
    LONDON - Nicholas Hughes, the son of poets Sylvia Plath and Ted Hughes, has killed himself, 46 years after his mother committed suicide and almost 40 years to the day after his stepmother, Assia Wevill, did the same. He was 47.

Hughes, who was not married and had no children, hanged himself at his home March 16, Alaska State Troopers said. An evolutionary biologist, he spent more than a decade on the faculty of the University of Alaska Fairbanks. Marmian Grimes, the university's senior public information officer, said he left about a year ago.

From the time that Plath died, in 1963, Ted Hughes tried to protect and strengthen their children, Frieda and Nicholas, from their mother's fate and fame. He burned the last volume of his wife's journals, a decision strongly criticized by scholars and fans, and waited years to tell his children the full details of Plath's suicide.
    Hughes was only 9 months old when his parents separated and was still an infant when his mother died in February 1963, gassing herself in a London flat as her children slept. A few months earlier, she had written of Nicholas: "You are the one/Solid the spaces lean on, envious/You are the baby in the barn."

The immediate cause of her breakup with Hughes was his affair with Assia Wevill. Plath's legacy haunted her husband, hounded for years by women who believed he was responsible for her suicide and by a procession of biographers and fans obsessed with the brief, impassioned and tragic marriage between the two poets.

Ted Hughes relived the tragedy not only through the constant reminders of Plath, but also through the suicide of Wevill, his second wife, who in March 1969 killed herself and their 4-year-old daughter.

10. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

Versatile Motown drummer Uriel Jones dies at 74
    Mar 25, 12:28 PM (ET)

DETROIT (AP) - Uriel Jones, a drummer whose versatile style fueled many classic Motown hits, has died. He was 74.

Sister-in-law Leslie Coleman says Jones died Tuesday at a Detroit-area hospital after complications from a heart attack he suffered last month.

Jones played on tracks by the Temptations, Four Tops, Smokey Robinson and the Miracles and others. He was part of the Funk Brothers, the talented house band on Motown recordings.

Paul Riser, a Motown arranger and musician, says Jones had "a pulse in his playing that nobody else had." But Riser said Jones also could play with finesse and restraint when the song called for it.

He is survived by his wife, June, and three children. A funeral has been scheduled for Tuesday at Detroit's Greater Grace Temple.

11. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

Dan Seals who was half of the popular singing duo England Dan and John Ford Coley has died. He died of cancer at the age of 61. :( I remember listening to England Dan and John Ford Coley back in the 70's. There were a good duo.

Pop, country singer Dan Seals dies of cancer

12. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I remember his song "Bop". I used to listen to it when I was little.

Is he related to Brady Seals of Little Texas?

13. Jacquie

Jacquie Ward Girl Moderator

No mention of in the article that but his brother Jimmy Seals was the Seals in Seals & Croft.

I checked further on Wikipedia and yes they were related. They were cousins

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Thanks, Jacquie. I guess I just didn't look in the right place cause I had trouble finding anything about that.

15. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Extreme skier McConkey dies in jump in Italy
    By The Associated Press

Extreme skier Shane McConkey was killed jumping off a cliff with a parachute while filming a movie in Italy. He was 39.

His sponsor Red Bull confirmed his death Thursday.

McConkey was in Corvara, Italy, on a ski-BASE jump when he had a mid-air malfunction, Red Bull said in a statement. Italian emergency responders arrived within minutes and pronounced him dead at the scene, according to the sponsor.

“Shane loved life and innovated both sport worlds he touched, skiing and B.A.S.E. Jumping,” Red Bull spokesman Patrice Radden said in a statement. “Unfortunately, the sport he pioneered also carries inherent risks.”

McConkey founded the International Free Skiing Association and had grown popular in recent years for his BASE jumping competitions and big-mountain film exploits.

During his career he won the IFSA world tour of freeskiing in 1996 and 1998, and finished second in the 1999 Winter X Games Skier X competition. In 2001, Skiing Mag listed him as the top skier in North America, and Powder magazine readers voted him skier of the year three times.

McConkey lived and trained at Squaw Valley’s Olympic Village south of Truckee, Calif. He is survived by his wife, Sherry, and 3-year-old daughter, Ayla.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.