Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

Eric wasn't immature at all.. I mean that happens to everyone in real life too... we all get jealous if we see or even hear about our boyfriend's ex.. :lol: Someone actually commented somewhere online saying something like "Cmon eric it's not like Calleigh was a nun before she met you" and I don't know about that comment, seems kinda offensive to Eric but it is true.. and besides yeah it's not like he was acting grumpy all day and that it was affecting Calleigh or the case because if it was then it would've been childish ;)

2. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I agree, his reaction was totally and completely normal. Almost anyone would act like that. I think Eric was just a little surprised that Calleigh still had Terrence's phone number in her cell. It would probably bother any guy who's girlfriend still had the number of a guy she went out with once in her phone. It wasn't immature. Calleigh was very sweet and understanding in the way she let Eric know he had nothing to worry about.

3. csifann1

csifann1 CSI Level Two

Let's just say that's 2 different scenes:

The plastic bag scene, it's all about Concerned and Protective Eric and I'm fine and profissional Calleigh. And we've already seen those Eric and Calleigh's in previous episodes.

The morgue scene is something new for them and us, that was a serious relationship scene. Like I said in a previous post, I don't think Eric was beeing a "Childish", he had reasons to be a little jealous and it's normal :)

So, replying to your question, I like more the morgue scene :)

I think she smiled b/c she didn't did anything with Terrance so that was the kind of smile like 'You don't have to worrie about, I'll never cheat on you', that was a trust smile I think. I also think she completly understood Eric's reaction, she knows she's kind of new in relationships so... :)

4. tamemyheart4692

tamemyheart4692 Hit and Run

Don't wanna nag, but make sure you post three lines of on topic sentences. Just search in google. CBS has some, along with places like TVguide, and such.

For the latest question, I'd have to say I liked the plastic bag scene. Maybe because I didn't know it was going to be there, and I was (honest to god) on my toes the entire time. Plus, it got my writing mind in mode, but I was unfortunatly beaten by someone there (although it was an awesome fic- on fanfiction check it out!). But yeah. I think it was the whole fact that he CARED. He wouldn't take the "I'm fine" crap she kept saying, which was good.
    Because Cal always pushes guys away, and Eric just won't let her. I like it. =)

As for next episode
    I would love for it to happen. But I don't really think it will. If it does, it will be like a quick "Yeah here is proof that they are sleeping together, but were going to make it impossible for you to see anything thats going on you horn dog by making it dark and quick." yeah.

5. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I have to say that I really, really loved the first scene also. I loved the playful banter and it was very refreshing. It reminded me a little of that scene in season three where they both sent Ryan to autopsy were Alexx was boiling the head. I love that Eric and Calleigh have this playful, light side and that it also comes through now that they are in a relationship.

It's really cool that we got to see them in different situations throughout the episode:

-First scene: fun, light moment
    -Plastic bag: intense, danger, concerned Eric moment
    -Morgue: little bump, jealousy moment

All three were interesting to watch and I love how they handled it all. Have I said that I love these two? Not enough, right?:lol:?

6. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

It's really hard to say, cause I truley loved both scenes. Though they were totally different. I guess in spite of all I liked a little bit better the scene with the confrontation of the picture. It was sweet how he told her yeah you should call him, but his eyes were saying something different.:)
    I even feel sorry for him when he looked at her with such sad eyes. It's obvious that he loves her with all his heart, I guess he doesn't want to get hurt. I think it's better that he asked her about that guy, cause that way she had a chance to explain him the situation so there aren't any misundrestandings between them.

I think she was kind of flattered that a man like Eric (I mean so good looking, we all agree he's hot;)) is jealous about her. I guess smiling like that she wanted to tell him that it's sweet he's jealous, but there's no need to do that. Because he loves him and only him. The way she was smiling when they were talking over phone says all.:)

7. silentdisco

silentdisco Police Officer

Haha, I saw that thread. I like to look at it for a nice laugh. They really pick apart the tiniest little things, don't they? Not that there's anything wrong with that, as we do it too, but it's interesting to see how Calleigh liking expensive truffles can be used as evidence that her character has been "destroyed". :lol:

But to answer the question: In my opinion, her smile said "Oh, honestly, Eric. You actually think I'd cheat on you? With a random horse trainer I hung out with once? You know me better than that, you goof."

8. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

Hey everyone!

I know some people are saying that they think Eric's jealous response is due to his first time being in a serious relationship, but I just had to come and throw out the fact that I don't think that's the case.

Yes, it might be his first long term relationship (while we've seen him on the show anways) but I think he's more concerned about it being his relationship at all with Calleigh.

We've known since the end of season 5 that he's been in love with her (or at least had major feelings for her) and more importantly so has she. Now, don't get me wrong, I adore Calleigh, but she hasn't always been kind to Eric in regards to his feelings towards her. I mean, look at the situation with Jake. Can anyone honestly say that the look he gave her during the finale of the 5 season didn't say "There's my heart, thanks for doing the Mexican hat dance on it!"

So I can understand where, even though deep down he trusts her, Eric would be a little hesitant at the thought of losing her. It's taken him almost 2 years to get the chance to prove they belong together so a little jealousy is very natural.

9. E/C Lover

E/C Lover Police Officer

I totally understand Eric and why he got jealous. C'mon he loves calleigh that much he wouldn't let her go but he wasn't to protective about it. I think Calleigh also took it pretty nice ; she didn't overreact.I thought that seen was awesome. Thumps up to the writers:bolian:

Calleigh smile when in the morgue was sweet.:adore:
    She was like saying "Eric you know me better, i wouldn't cheat on you, your hot I wouldn't trade that for anything.;) But it was also like 'sweet he cares about me.":)

You can tell those two love each other:luvlove:

10. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

My thoughts exactly. It's his first ever serious relationship and it's, with all people, Calleigh. This is someone who's gone from great friend to the most important person in his life and it scares him. There is so much at stake here and he really wants it to work.

:lol: Not really funny because you could tell he was really hurt, but your phrasing was...

Yep. It's taken 2 years to get what he wants and I think he still can't believe that it's happened. So he's a bit insecure (most guys I know would be jealous of another guys # in their girls phone--especially one that had dated/gone on a date with) it's not that surprising. It will take a while for him to be comfortable (for lack of a better word) with all this. Hopefully the writers will do this right.

11. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I think her reaction was fitting. She seemed a bit surprised and probably flattered that he's making such a big fuss over her. She maybe wanted to ease any tension and soothe his thoughts. Calleigh did reassure him it was before them, so he shouldn't be mad or make a big deal out of it. I think he noticed by her attitude she meant every word.

I have to say if this was the old Eric, he probably would've blown up about it or make more sarcastic remarks (ex. Natalia going on date with Ryan in season 4), but Calleigh seems to calm him. He probably realizes that he fought so hard for her and now that he has her, he's scared at the littlest scenario that could make him lose her. I think if he didn't care enough to ask or make a little fuss, than his feelings wouldn't be true for her. No questions = Not head over heels in love with her!

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

That's a good point JackieG0630. Even more logical and normal for Eric to have had that kind of reaction. I think hesitant is a good word to describe his feelings. So yeah, even though he trusts her those memories are still there and he has to work with them to get to the point were it doesn't bother him anymore. I think that her being so calm and nonchalant about it (while still acknowledging that it's important to him)will help him to deal with this kind of stuff.

13. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

He definitely has every right to be jealous. You're right.. it has taken him about two years to finally be with her. I never though Eric's jealousy came from the fact that this is probably the most serious relationship he's ever been in.

The fact that it's Calleigh he's in a relationship with says so much. Lol.

I agree with you whe you say she hasn't always been exactly.. kind when it comes to Eric's feelings for her. She knew how Eric felt about her, and I wouldn't have had a problem about her being with Jake but she didn't have to kiss him in front of Eric in Born to Kill. Not that is was her fault, Jake kissed her..and I don't even know if she saw Eric until she got in the elevator. But she did have a look of guilt on her face when she looked at Eric after she kissed Jake..but then she brushed it off, apparently, because she was with Jake in the season 6 premiere.

So yeah, I get Eric being cautious and wanting some sort of reassurance.

14. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I also think you made a good point Jackie:thumbsup:. I guess you're right, he can be a bit insecure in this relationship, because it's with Calleigh.

I completly agree with you, she hasn't been always right towards Eric. Even if it wasn't intentionally she definitely did hurt him when she chose Jake. So I understand why he feels unsteadily even if he knows that she'd never cheat on him. I think it'll pass with time.

She was the one who kissed him twice on public, even if it was just sweet, warm kisses I still think they meant a lot. Gestures like that should convince him, that she loves him and he has nothing to worry about, especially not about any other men.

But I still claim, that his uncertainty come off partly because of the fact that this is his first so serious relationship. And this time he was the one who chase after girl not inversely. Earlier he chose girls and then left them when he wanted and here is something totaly different for him. I guess he's affraid she might left him someday and he's so deeply involve that it'd destroy him.

15. IMissGriss

IMissGriss Victim

I have to actually avoid those threads, it's better for me. If I read them, I would have to start an anti-thread of my own and I know we all need to get along. :beer:

Back to Calleigh's smile. I keep going back and watching it because it's so sweet. U could actually see a small one the minute she saw the pictures, she knew he would be annoyed with it. I love the way she cocks her head a bit, definitely says, "Silly boy...now stop that!" Adorable.

I also want to stick up for Eric. Jealously sucks, but it's also something that will happen. Even when you aren't new to monogamous relationships, there is always that beginning phase where you are really getting into the relationship and you need to be assured. Even for a hot guy like Delko.

PS: My other fave part of the ep was actually their phone conversation in the beginning. The way she bursts into that little smile when he asks her about the drawer just speaks to how into him she is. You can always tell when Callegh's in a relationship when she's around the person, she tends to light up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.