Eric and Calleigh #35 She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Mar 17, 2009.

?

New Title for Thread

Poll closed Mar 20, 2009.
  1. They're Going Places

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. True Love Lasts Forever

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  3. Taking Care of Each Other Now

6 vote(s)
    9.2%
  4. She's His Gal; He's Her Dude

47 vote(s)
    72.3%
  5. As Foretold by Nostradamus

1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  6. 80% Hotness By Volume

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  7. Nothing Can Keep Them Apart

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  8. Coming Soon To An Illegal DVD

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JLo10131121

JLo10131121 Witness

You know, I thought the same thing, about Eric's cell. I also wondered what would happen if an old girlfriend of Eric's popped up from nowhere. Would we see a jealous Calleigh? Or cool and collected? Fic material, anyone? SomewhereApart - hint, hint. Maybe I'll do it when I get Waking Dreams done. Bound and determined....

Also, about Ryan's comment regarding Eric and Cal ignoring each other. What dummies those two are! If you act any different than how you acted before you were 'together,' of course someone's bound to notice! And considering your co-workers are other CSIs..... As Eric said in I think season 1 or was it 2? said (paraphrasing - in reference to Cal and Hagan's relationship), "Come on Cal, nothing is secret in this lab." Or something to that effect. It's to be expected E/C would be dilligent in keeping things status quo at the office, so to speak, professional, but when you start to behave contrary to previous observed behavior in the company of people you've been working with for 7+ years, they're bound to make connections!

My quick thoughts, just to add to what others have already said, and if I reiterate from someone's post, bear with me (I haven't gotten through all of them!):

I could hear Calleigh's voice trembling after Eric came in. God that scene was very difficult to watch. I stated this on the episode thread, but I'll say it again. My stomach was in knots, I felt nauseous, and I could barely watch it. I wanted to scream at Eric to hurry the hell up into the house! And I can understand why Cal went in alone. Eric was minutes behind her. She trusts him, which is why she didn't turn around when she heard the door. She thought it was him. Bet she'll think twice about that now...

Was the animal control girl flirting with our/Cal's Eric??? Maybe that was my suspicious nature, but I was kinda fuming at the tv, muttering, "back off, lady. He's taken. By a woman who knows and owns guns and is a very proficient shooter."

And as for those of you who mentioned Kyle being in the shot - I think maybe he was originally in the scene, had a part, but it got cut in post-production and they missed that bit with him in the background. Like how they missed Cal's gun on Emily when she turned her back or bent down, can't remember which. They probably shot that scene in several sequences, different takes/cameras, etc.

For next week, a bit of speculation on why E/C were at her? house: Maybe (if they weren't already) they're living together, or at least sleeping over frequently for protection because they know the idiot in prison (can't remember his name!) is after them?

2. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

^ I didn't pick up on that. I thought the animal control girl and Ryan had chemistry. I thought they would make a cute couple, I guess that's why I didn't pay much attention to her scene with Eric or think much of it.

I agree with you. I don't mind that Ryan is being heavily promoted in the next episode. It's about time he got a storyline for himself. He's been on the back burner for most of the season. It's nice to see him get airtime.

I saw the CBS promo, not much of E/C. The CTV one showed them together, with Ryan. Calleigh confronting Ryan knowing something is wrong, Eric confronting Ryan telling him to get his head into the case.

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I loved that look she gave him in the end!!!! "I want you so bad"... definitely what she was thinking ;).

btw csifann1 I love your avatar ;).

Is it totally crazy that I don't want Eric to smile at anyone else?? Yeah it is, I know...

hmmm... I guess I'll have to go with the closet couple also. I just don't think we'll get to see so much. It's so funny how we hiphuggers notice EVERYTHING, including a change in rating. You guys are too much:lol::guffaw:!

4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

I really like the CTV promo better this week. Yay, CTV is on back track now!

Am I the only one that thought the choking scene (with the plastic bag) was weird? It was weird and good at the same time. And as for her gun showing when she bent down: what a big boo boo for them. How'd they miss that? But then again people make mistakes, even the 100 of them who make, film, add music to while watching the scenes.:lol:

I know this isn't EC related but: When have you last seen a Wolfe afraid of a dog?:guffaw:

What do you guys think was the cuter scene in this episode: Plastic Bag scene (including Eric part) or the Confrontation of the picture and number scene?

I like the one in the morgue better, because Calleigh's reaction to what Eric said first and his jealously and the way she picked up on it and smiled AND the 'we'll talk about it tonight' part.:shifty: Don't you think that when he got jealous we kinda got an insite (spelling?) on how much he loves her, or is it mainly a guy thing?

Ratings arent weird for me, cause if a movie in the US is PG 13, most of the time in Jamaica it's PG16 or even rated R.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  5. loveec

loveec Guest

THANK YOU SO MUCH...I have been trying to figure this out too....

As for last night episode...it was really great even if I was a little confused on how things will be connected to the Ryan's kidnapping and the pictures...but I guess it will make sense next week.

I thought it was funny when Ryans said " how Calleigh and Eric are ignoring each other in crime scenes" because if they are really doing that when the others are around that is a dead dead give away!!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

6. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I liked the morgue scene b/c we have already seen concerned Eric and both of their reactions to something like that being out in the open was interesting. It was the first time they confronted something regarding them that happened before they were together....even though it really didn't mean anything, it was at least nice to see how they both reacted to the situation. She gave a truthful and honest explanation and he gave her the opportunity to do so in that moment and obviously more opportunity to finish the conversation later that night.

He knows her....he knows that she would never cheat....I think he was just a little jealous that while they were attempting to confront their feelings for each other she went on a date...I honestly think, after thinking about it, that he might have been more jealous that while he was thinking of her and his feelings for her then, she was on a date w/ someone.

7. CSIMandy

CSIMandy Lab Technician

Poor Ryan, this is the third time I've seen him freak out like that. The first in that Halloween themed episode, the second with heights and now with a dog. Poor guy! If Eric or Calleigh had been around, they would've teased him so much like they did in the past :lol:

Honestly, I liked the scene at the morgue better. It was cute seeing a jealous side to Eric. He's in love, it shows. Ryan has picked up on it more than once. I know Eric has been criticized for that scene, but I liked it. It was a natural reaction for him to have.

I don't pay attention to ratings (PG, PG-13, etc.) It just drives me crazy!

8. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Hmm... tough one. I guess I'm just a sucker for worried Eric so I'll have to go with plastic bag scene. I guess that I was a bit worried that when a situation of danger came along Eric would be too overprotective and I was so glad that it wasn't that way. His degree of concern, IMO was perfect. Of course he would ask her if she was ok, what kind of boyfriend (or even friend) would he be if he didn't. But then he just focused on what she needed him to do at the moment. So I love the way that scene went. Plus the arm grabbing to get her attention made my heart skip a few beats:adore:.

Though the pic scene was amazing, especially because of what delkolover described. It was good to see their reactions to that little bump in the road.

9. sten

sten Victim

where can I find pictures of last episode

10. JackieG0630

JackieG0630 Dead on Arrival

Ummm, out of those two I honestly liked the Plastic Bag scene better. From the very beginning where I'm literally yelling at the TV "Why, Calleigh? Why would you go in alone? It's stinking standard operating procedure to have backup at a crime scene, cleared or not!"

Then to her adorable little smile when she is talking to Eric on the phone *sigh...swoon*

To the amazing (and more than a little frighteningly realistic) performance by Emily when she was attacked and following aftermath.

I liked how even though it was obvious that Eric was concerned for her, he mananged to realize that they had a job to do and to listen to her when she told him what she needed; help not comfort. I guarentee there would be some major cuddling later on when it sank in (ummm, i agree...some post-ep fic would be nice! Already read one and I'm greedy for more!) but at that moment, I like how it just took him making her stand still a moment to focus.

However, if I had to pick absolute favorite E/C scene it would be the beginning one with the knife fingerprints. Those looks...man, even I was tugging at my collar asking "Is it hot in here or is it just them?" ;-)

11. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

I am so excited for 7.20.. it's like I've been excited ever since season 7 started.. Ryan seems very positive that Calleigh and Eric are together.. When he said to Natalia that he doesn't need proof and it was sense..that's some sense he's got there..very strong vibe..:lol: I mean honestly If I we're Ryan, I wouldn't have been very sure..

12. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

To answer C.H.E.A.R.'s question... I liked the morgue scene better. I was of course swooning when Eric become immediately concerned for her well-being after he was told that the perp came back, but I appreciated even more the meaning behind the morgue "confrontation", if we can call it that.

Eric definitely had a good reason to show her all those photos (obviously Calleigh and everyone else on the team has to be "in the know" if they're being targeted), but it was significant that he showed her the "Calleigh plus dude-on-a-horse" picture last. There was glaring subtext in that decision: "So... what's this? Are we gonna talk about it? Were you on... a date?"

And despite the VERY vocal minority on this message board, I think most of us interpreted his jealousy as appropriate and even kind of cute. I've said it before, so I don't feel I have to go into much detail: it MAKES SENSE that Eric, who has little to no experience with serious monogamous relationships, would be ill-equipped to deal with the emotional trappings of such a relationship, so his somewhat irrational reaction of "jealousy" made perfect sense to me. Eric and Calleigh do share immense trust, but that doesn't mean he's any less of a "newbie" to this kind of situation.

The subtext continued with her smile: "Oh, you poor sweet man. I would never cheat on you! But I know you're new to this, so......" As I said before, I think Calleigh smiled because it tells Eric (and us) that he never needs to worry about infidelity, but she's not hurt by his reaction because she knows this is all very new to him.

By the way, I have a new question -

How did everyone interpret Calleigh's smile in the morgue after she noticed that Eric was jealous?

There were several (and, frankly, surprising) reactions/interpretations in various other threads around here, but I want to know what y'all think it meant, or what kind of thought(s) it symbolized.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2009
  13. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Maybe we get a little more than just the bathroom scene in the beginning?? Whichever way it goes, I'm just too excited to see the bathroom scene.. a little E/C steamy action would be great, but the way Emily talked about the kiss happening and them getting over the whole thing, I dont know if we'll get another kiss this season..maybe next season. At any rate, you never know with the writers, so I'm crossing my fingers.

The cutest scene for me was the morgue scene, by far. The plastic bag scene was way too intense for me and didnt have much E/C cuteness but he was very concerned for her well-being, like he's always been. His jealousy, her reassurance, his agreement to discuss it that night, and the hint of anticipation in his eyes when she mentioned that night was very cute. It portrayed the realness of being of couple and dealing with little things like jealousy and trust. My second, which was not mentioned in this question :(, was the first scene in the lab with the knife. Their humor in conspiring against Ryan was great, and that look she gave him after he got that print was even better;) :drool:.

14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

I could just hear her thinking "aww Eric, come on now :)". I don't think she was cocky or arrogant about it. I think her smile was her way of reassuring him and letting him know that everything was alright with them and that he had nothing to worry about. Plain and simple. When you want to make someone feel at ease about something you know is bothering them the first thing you do before you respond is SMILE :).

About Eric being jealous, this is something I posted over at the episode thread and thought I might share with y'all since not everybody visits the other threads. I agree with what Ginna said and these are my thoughts and reaction on this such controversial issue:

15. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

I sort of interpereted Calleigh's smile to Eric as a reassuring one and it almost sort of saying.. 'Really, Eric? I'm not going to cheat on you.' She was just sort of letting him know that he didn't need to be jealous.

I don't think Eric's jealous reaction to the pictures or Calleigh still having Terrence's number in her phone was at all childish or immature as some in the other threads are saying. Personally, I thought his reaction was understandable. He wasn't overly jealous and his jealousy didn't seem to bother Calleigh.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.