Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

I think it was in another thread, I'm not sure which one, somebody mentioned about Cal and Eric's relationship and I really agreed with what she said. She said something like it would be nice if they would be together from now on and not break apart without all that soapy stuff.. Just by making things very simple. Every once in a while (like maybe once in every 5 episodes) there would be a simple scene just to show that they are still together and like not making it go over the board and making it really complicated by putting fights and stuff..just like GSR.. I don't know if anyone really understands what I'm saying :lol:

2. tigerlove2002

tigerlove2002 Victim

I totally get what you're saying. I wish that for once, the writers would stick to what they've decided. I mean, the whole fighting and breaking up and then getting back together is best left to the soaps and other shows. Like once in a while is ok, but I don't want it to be the center of the show. I don't think that it will be because CSI Miami would lose some viewers that way. We've waited 7 seasons for this ship to take off and i wish it would stay that way.

3. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Because they're both so passionate about what they do for a living, I can see the occasional spat like in Pro Per where they growl and snipe at wach other over something to do with a case, only to have the "I'm sorry" to come a few scenes later. I can see the instigator of the spat offer to make it up by making/taking the other one out to dinner or something. Maybe holding and squeezing a hand or something just to confirm things are okay between them. We, the viewwer, know that there's somethig more behind all of it. We've seen them fight before over viewpoints, opinions and actions. Eric the private citizen and Eric the CSI are one and the same. That can't be said to be the same for Calleigh. She's stated it over and over. That's bound to add some minor conflict.

4. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

To answer a question (that I cant find right now to quote it): I think the writers will hold off on all the E/C 'danger drama' for now, and just play it nice. But definately there is more danger drama to come, and probably to the rest of characters too. Think about next season, not that I really want anything to happen btw them, but that spoiler we took with a grain of salt about Cal... So yeah, more of that is to come.

5. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I've been absent from this board for a couple days. :( I miss it.

So... I think that Stetler is going to find out on his own. I don't think anyone will do the "outing". It was more than obvious even BEFORE Eric & Calleigh got together that something was "going on" between them (re: Natalia in 521, Ryan in 714, and Horatio knew they were in love before THEY knew they were in love... because Super H knows all, sees all), so I don't know how they're gonna be able to hide it now that something is officially "going on". If Stetler does some serious poking around, he'll see it too (though, as I've said in a past post, I think Stetler will show up do deal with Ryan's predicament, then poke around in everyone elses lives, because he just can't help himself, and happen to discover the E/C romance).

I liked the thread title suggestion: "Eric & Calleigh #35 - She's his gal, he's her dude". I like including both of them in the title of the thread. :D

As for the question about their "first big fight", I honestly think it might be over Jake. I'm guessing that bringing Jake back is an opportunity for drama that the writers won't be able to pass up. I don't think all parties involved will flip out and start throwing punches, but... I think, since Eric is new to this whole "I'm not sleeping around, I'm in love, we're only seeing each other" thing, he doesn't know how to handle it properly. I mean, honestly, how often has he had to deal with any kind of threat to a serious romantic relationship, whether it be perceived or real? I can't recall ANY long-term relationships he's had, and he's never talked about any past "great loves", so... this may be his first. Therefore he's inexperienced and may overreact when a good-looking, smooth-talking ex-boyfriend shows up and tries to make nice with his first serious love interest.

Again, I don't think punches will be thrown or a verbal war will ensue, but Eric may somehow deal with his jealousy inappropriately, and it'll piss off Calleigh. Then, of course, he'll have to explain to Calleigh that this is all new to him and he's just so in love, and the thought of losing her scares him to the point of being irrational, and she'll console him and say that Jake is peanuts in comparison... OK, I'm kind of venturing into mushy-gushy fanfic territory now, but you get the point.

Then again, there's also a great big possibility that they'll get into a fight over work-related stuff, like ladyd10 said. Actually, I see it happening EXACTLY like ladyd10 said.

And there's my 2 cents.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2009
  6. iloveEC

iloveEC Victim

Wow I haven't posted in a while...

I agree with Ginnna. Eric and Calleigh first real fight will most likely be Jake. It just seems as though Jake is Calleigh's unfinished business. How can she fully commit to Eric (even if she is madly head over heels in love with him..) if her issue with Jake isn't necessarily over with. I think Jake should come back just for an episode and him and Cal should talk things over because his leaving was too sudden and even though Calleigh has Eric now (with whom she is madly inlove with, did I mention) there has got to be some sort of unresolved issue between them.
    In all, Jake and Calleigh need closure. And in Eric's eyes, seeing Jake who once had Calleigh's heart come back will probably raise some suspicions and since Calleigh's his current love interest (and I mean LOVE) he will most likely feel a little insecure. Even if he has nothing to worry about.

Just thought I put my own two cents in.
    And for the next thread title, I like the He's her Dude. At least until we get some better quotes. Maybe tomorrow's episode will provide us with something...if the thread isn't finished by then.

7. loveec

loveec Guest

I like "he's her dude" too....

As for thier first fight I really do not want it (don't think) it should be about Jake because it created enough tention between EC when she was with Jake so, I do not think it should keep being a problem now that their are together.

I think their first big fight should involve something just about the two of them...may be something like work vs. relationship or anything but Jake.

I really do not want anyone to out them... I think they should be outted by their own action....if they accidentaly show emotion that says we are in love in situation that will be something nice....

8. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

I find "He's Her Dude" the best title as well.

I would like to see a first fight between these two, not a break up, but just them kinda upset with each other enough to not want to be around each other for the majority of an ep. Then at the end one or the other...or both apologizes for making the other upset or something like that. If Jake were to come in, I'd think season finale or season premiere. Also in a body bag (might think that's horrible) but I would like to see her reaction more than anything.

And it will give me some closure on his whereabouts.

9. jen8760

jen8760 Victim

i personally vote for 'she's his gal, he's her dude'....very cute thread title idea, luvs it!

as far as E/C's relationship surfacing, I completely agree with Ginnna, i think stetler will find out on his own and it will go from there b/c let's face it...it's not gonna be hard to miss all those cute gestures and glances that i'm sure will be all over the place( *sigh* they're so in love :adore:).

on the fight topic, i'm not going to rule out jake but i'm leaning towards it happening over work-related stuff....simply b/c i think it's more probable since both calleigh and eric tend to be very firm in their beliefs and ways of going about certain things when they work on a case, so i think that would be an easy way for the writers to stir up some conflict there.

i'm really anxious to see how all of this will turn out....anyboy have any ideas on the finale? have we heard any news on that? and how many eps will we be getting this season? (cant remember if it was 24 as usual)

10. restless-mess

restless-mess Witness

He's her dude, is perfect! Everytime I read it though, I think of Emily saying it in that ET interview with her accent and it just makes me giggle... :lol:

I completely agree with you. It's so them to have a fight like that. Eric doesn't separate himself from the job as well as Calleigh does, and I agree that something like that, an outside force, will be their first little disagreement.. I can't wait to see how it plays out, but I hope it goes similar to how you described :).

As for the complaints/thoughts about their relationship taking over the show... I really don't think the writers are going to do that at all. However, with two people who work so closely, for long hours, who are also in a romantic realtionship (especially an ohmygodFINALLY! one :lol:), its hard for those two relationships, co worker and lover, to not seep into each other, even a little bit. And most of their moments are subtle anyway, just the way we like 'em... So, for those who don't like it, deal ;).

.....I for one am going fanfiction crazy right now! I seriously can't get enough of these two!!:drool:

11. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Eh. Complaints happen. We all know that E/C is not going to take over the show. It wouldn't be a smart choice if writers wrote them in more than they already do. They would lose more veiwers than they would gain. If people want to complain about it, let them.

It is tough though, once you cross the line to being lovers when you used to just be co-wokers and friends. Of course, their relationship never seemed purely platonic to me. Like ever. There always seemed to be something there between them. Particularly in episodes like Death Grip.. Wet Foot/Dry Foot.. Pro Per.. Hell, even Grand Prix. There are just a lot I can think of. They just don't seem to operate as just friends. There's chemistry there. Obviously.:)

12. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Whew! I'm finally caught up :)! Went away for the weekend and had to read almost four pages!! Great discussions, everybody!:thumbsup:! I missed being here :).

Honestly I have to say that I do think that Jake and Calleigh did have closure. I don't think at all that he is Calleigh's unfinished business. After STY he disappeared, going UC and like she said, there wasn't even a phone call to know of his whereabouts. Right then I do believe they were unfinished business cause he just left while they were together, no explanations. Throughout this time she did wait, probably because she had been there before and knew he would eventually appear again. Then we have 7.01. When he came back he asked her to wait for him while he had to lay low. Right then and there she was very firm on her answer: "I can't live like that". He still left and she remained firm on her answer. So for me this was closure. He left, she was moving on. I don't even think he left all that sudden. At first yes (when he dissapeared without telling her), but then in 7.01 he told her he was leaving and he did. I even think that the time he was away and she did not know where he was began her "moving on" process. Let me explain. Yes she was waiting, cause things were not resolved and I think that conversation on 7.01 was very necessary and Calleigh knew it, but at the same time I think she started realising that maybe their relationship was not going to have a happy ending. I think she grew more emotionally attached to Eric (All In, Down to the Wire) and when he came back, her mind was basically made up. It hurt her, but she knew it wasn't going anywhere. So she said it was over, he left and that's it. Plus I don't think she would've started a relationship with Eric, or anyone for that matter, if she had unfinished business with Jake.

That doesn't mean that I think that Jake coming back will not create some drama between EC. But I see it more on Eric's side than on Cal's. More about Eric being insecure that Jake is there and not about a question on Calleigh's feelings. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, I think Jake will try to talk to Cal about the possibility of starting things up again, she'll say she moved on and that'll be that. Probably Eric will make some comment (fishing for info) about seeing Jake around the lab, and she'll tell him with a smile and maybe a gesture that he has nothing to worry about.

I don't think Jake will be the one to out them or cause a big problem between them. I think their biggest issues, like some have mentioned, will be work-personal life related, and of course Stetler ;).

So true! I was explaining to my husband (who doesn't watch the show but knows a lot because of my obsession) that EC went all the way back to season 1 with Wet Foot/Dry Foot with Eric asking Cal to sleep on her couch. His first response was: "but why didn't he ask Speed?" to which I answered... exactly!:lol::thumbsup:!

EDIT: Forgot to say that I love He's her dude or She's his gal, he's her dude for the thread title :). Can't believe I almost came back to a new thread! :lol:

13. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I see that we're slowly approaching the new thread:).
    I think that both titles are good.:thumbsup:

It's funny that we all agree to what might cause their first fight, I guess if so many people think about the same thing it really may be true. But I still think that their relationship is so deep and serious that they'll survive everything.:)

I totally agree with you on that. I noticed it already in season one. I always thought, that they will be together some day and as it turns out I wasn't wrong. I guess the Wet foot/Dry Foot was the first serious sign that there's definitely something more then just friendship between them. At least that's what I think. The looks and smiles they're giving to each other are just priceless. It speaks volume.;)

14. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

HEY!!!!! The qoutes and my opion is all messed up ...Sorry

15. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

I was gone too. Welcome back, us!

Excellent summary of "the end of Cake"! I've felt that their "romance" had a proper conclusion by the first few season 7 episodes, given Calleigh's stated unwillingness to wait for Jake and her obvious and intensified interest in Eric. Isn't telling a person you're not going to wait for them if the put their job ahead of you, after which they leave, thereby putting their job ahead of you... closure? I'd say it is.

Oh hell yes, absolutely. I never meant to imply that Jake's return would sway Calleigh's feelings away from Eric. I'm not worried about that in the slightest. It's just that Eric, being so new to the "romantic, monogamous relationship" thing, will probably handle jealousy badly.

Actually, I welcome Jake back into the drama for an episode or two. Now that Calleigh is firmly in the "I love Eric" camp, I feel marginally less annoyed with Jake (though I'm sure he's still a smirking, arrogant so-&-so). What I'd love to see is Calleigh really stick to her guns (har har) and tell him "look, we had a thing and we had fun, we may have even had more, but now I've got something truly special, so feel free to jog on". Or, you know, something much more tactful! :D

My mother is getting to know a lot about the show because I'll flap my jaw about it all the time, whether she wants to hear it or not. :lol: I've got my heart set on Eric & Calleigh #35 - She's his gal, he's her dude. I hope we get to vote. I like the democratic process. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.