Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Three and a half pages more and we're on thread #35! Maybe we'll get some interesting quotes in Monday's episode for our thread title. If not, we have a lot of previous ones to choose from.

I agree with you. I can already imagine Calleigh's reaction. It's so great that they built her character in that way that reaching out to Eric is not out of character anymore. I can see her taking his hand in hers and telling him he has nothing to worry about, that she's his. I would actually like it if she calmed him down by saying that she's his or something to that extent... We'll get a promo this week, I bet it's gonna look like there's trouble in paradise or that they are going to break up or something. We'll just have to wait and see.

2. anamarya

anamarya Witness

from what i understood (from someone in the military service) that is the reason that the stupid rule exist in law enforcement. because if 2 members of the same team are in a dangerous situation while being romantically involved their primary concern is not going to be the safety of the team (or the mission,job,etc) but the well being of their significant other.
    i don't think that Jake will do that also. IDK...he didn't seemed the type....i can see him telling Eric something into the lines of "the only think that you waited for was for me to leave..."or something like that, but i don't see him making Cal suffer with no reason what-so-ever. maybe (i'm speculating here) one of the reasons that he left so out of the blue was that he realised that he wouldn't be able to give her what she needed and posponing the inevitable would've hurt her even more. and leaving like he did, he actually gave her the chance to move on,togo on pursuit of what she not only wanted,but needed at this point in her life.

about the titles... yes a big part of the ones previously proposed are very good,and maybe we're getting something monday (if we don't finish the thread by then). i was thinking about a title like
    "now he knows how many guns she has"

3. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

First of all, welcome back Audrey, I hope you're feeling ok.:thumbsup:

I don't want to think about them breaking up, they are just got together and we're talking about such a sad thing like their separation :(. But I agree with you, that it probably would have something to do with their job. And it's obvious there will be problems in their relationship, because this is what happens when you're involve with someone. If everything was so great and perfect all the time it just would be unnatural, so I guess sooner then later they'd have to deal wih some issues:rolleyes:. But I hope they won't break them for good, cause that definitely would be cruel.:scream:

As for Jake revealing them, well I don't think he would be able to do it. Because if he did it on purpose she'd never forgive him this. She's with Eric now, she's happy and he had his chances and blew it off, so it's only his fault that they're not together anymore. And I guess you're right, she's probably still important for him, so I think he doesn't want to hurt her.
    By the way she was very clear with him, I mean she told him that she won't wait, so he shouldn't be surprised that she moved on.

4. Ajbuckly

Ajbuckly Lab Technician

Just taking a break from spytraining - under covermisson to get a glimspe of mainstoryborad. Removing sunglasses and taking a look around.

Hi Audrey. As I recall, you started the tread?

And for once....Hello all lurkers outthere:). Please feel free to join our highupperclan...In here you will meet nice, friendly and kind people with an addiction called E/C. To my fellow clanmembers. If the show or storyline should - god forbid- end...Who´s starting a rehabcenter:guffaw:.

Reading my posts you know that I am not a fan of the writers´need for a break- up. Let the remaining cast line up get the drama until mid- season ?. And then writers might face the dilemma...

And...even then ....would any one (hiphugger or not) really commit to a breakup - getbacktogether thing for too long. (The soapoperadisease).
    Would either of us wait until the finale episode for a Ross/Rachelend?

So I rather see writers tackle the committed couplesthing now and that would be innovating in itself.

I guess, hope and know we will never have "Meet the inlaws at the thanksgivingtable." But a portion of fans like "people in love" ( Hey the feelgood works) and therefore keep it at that for quite some time.

Ups... James Bond has noticed me...quickly my spyglasses.:cool:

5. Elicia

Elicia Rookie

Back from vacation too, Disneyland Paris is still at the same spot :lol:

I don't think Jake would do that either. I always thought and still think that he genuinely cares for her as she cares for him. I just think that they were not able to make their relationship work because they don't want the same things from life. He is not petty and he certainly wouldn't want to hurt her and their friendship. Of course he will be jealous like Eric was when they were together but I think he will be gentleman enough to bow out and let her be happy with the man she loves.
    Having him back would be interesting as I think it would clearly show how deeply Eric and Calleigh love each other and how this relationship is really what both want and need and that they are ready to fight for it. It's taken them a long time to get together and they are certainly ready to stand up for it if needed.

As to come back to the previous question, I wouldn't change anything with Jake and Calleigh. It made her mature and realize what she really wanted and that it was not Jake.
    As for Eric and Natalia, I wouldn't call it a relationship. They had a fling, it could have been more but Eric was too much of a player at that time (not to say anything else as I really didn't like him in that storyline). Maybe if Nat had been the person there for him after he got shot, they would have had another chance. But Calleigh was there and she became his world.

6. ihsyap

ihsyap Hit and Run

*wow you guys came back from your vacation while i'm gonna have mine's next week..

anyway, yeah I don't think Jake would be that "evil" to report them or try to harm them or do something bad to break them apart.. that's way to childish.. but if he really does love her, he'll leave her alone and let her be happy with eric. and if they do ever break up (which obviously everyone hopes they don't), i just hope the writers won't break them up and give us a lame reason to it :shifty:.. (like calleigh eloped with jake etc which is highly impossible and so out of character for calleigh..) but like what the others have said, i bet their relationship is gonna stay for awhile..there may be problems but i can see a totally happy ending for both of them in the very last season of csi:miami ;) they are just very...i dont know "IDEAL" imo... they don't look like the 1 time hook up couple..maybe it's because of their relationship and that they were best friends and stuff...
    imagine having an ex bf work with you after you have broken up and then remembering all the sweet stuff he said when you were still together and all the flirting..it's highly impossible to quickly fall out of love again and like have the relationship as a 1 time thing :rolleyes:..(personal experience :lol:) but we'll never know what the writers will do.. anyway they ARE together now, so we might as well enjoy and rejoice for it.:lol:

ooh snap, sign me up for rehabilitation.. i mean honestly i look forward to watching this show every monday because of the intense thing that has been happening for a while now with EC..

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  7. anamarya

anamarya Witness

ok... hello to the lurkers and newcomers form me also....

i'm there for the rehab also.... do they actually have online rehab or we'd be the first to try it? we still hope that is going to be long time from now....

staying at least partly ontopic here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S0-K_-SmXsw
    or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbGSNJ8Lur4

or at least seems to be the extended promo with the "club" mention
    another idea for the new title:

"E/C #35: Where the daydreams can come true"

8. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

Yep, that's me. Welcome to all of our new members. *waves* It's good to have you aboard the good ship Hip Hugger. We're on an extended cruise toward Happytown and Couplesville. *smirks*

You know, I don't think that Jake will out them. He cares about Calleigh, and I really don't believe that he would do anything to hurt her. He doesn't seem to be a spiteful person to me.;)

I just think that that their relationship will become common knowledge without anyone really saying anything directly about it. Now, once Stetler finds out then it's going to hit the fan. I think he will give them an ultimatum. Either they split up and stay on the same team or stay together as a couple and work seperate shifts. :eek:

I see a season finale cliffhanger...:rolleyes:

We do need to start thinking about thread titles. Someone tell me again where all of the time has gone?? *Grins*

Last edited: Mar 14, 2009
  9. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I don't think I would change anything about their past relationships because it made them grow.

E/N was just a fling in my point of view. She wanted it to be more but it was proven he was a player when Cooper told her about the girls at the volleyball tournament. The whole pregnancy scare slowed things down which made her invite Ryan to her party and not Eric. I think he started liking her more but was hurt by that. On top of that, he cleared Ryan for landing to ask Natalia out. He noticed that stung him a little and making that comment stung her back. But he did feel bad after and realized he shouldn't treat women like that.

He then dealt with his whole ordeal of his sister being sick, the drugs, his sister marrying Horatio..that made him realize that almost losing someone and never getting the chance to be happy and in love was important. He accepted them together for her happiness. Then she gets killed and he lost someone else in his life after losing his best friend. That was a major thing to deal with which made him grow even more.

He got shot and realized that he almost lost out in the chance of a serious and meaningful relationship and who better to have that with then his best friend Calleigh.

She went through a couple trials and tribulations herself with bad relationships, also near death experiences and losing people she cared deeply about. Jake was just the icing on that moldy cake of relationships and was done with that chapter in her life.

After All In, Eric almost lost her. He never got the chance to really tell her how he felt and after that, he had to make sure she knew...but... he wasn't sure how she felt and was a bit apprehensive to touch the situation with her.

After his comment about kids in My Nanny and reading his file, Calleigh got that he grew up and wanted something real and with her, but wanted to be sure. Calleigh was always mature but she did make some bad choices and that made her character discover a lot about herself. In comes "Smoke.." when they both almost lost the chance of experiencing that love. This was a revelation for them both. There was no time to waste, just go for it.

As for them being outed, I still think its going to be Jake. Ryan hasn't rat on his team since the Delko and drugs incident, but that was only b/c he was under oath. Whenever anyone else would ask him about something that went down with his team, he would tell them its none if their business. He knew about E/N and sure he knew about C/J, but never outed them. He's loyal to them. We even see him in 7.23..

In this episode (or the one before it) we have Ryan confronting Tara about her addiction to pain medication, as per the Spoiler Lab. He goes to her first to explain.

He always seems to be in the know before anyone else. I don't know too much about OCD but I think they make his character the one to find out first because of his keen attention to detail. Like all the CSIs, he could read body language and between the lines, but he is a little more aware than them all. Or maybe he's just plain nosy?? However, he would never out his friends. What I think he looks for is for them to be the first to tell him before he confronts them.

10. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Eric and Calleigh's relationship is so far deeper than what he and Natalia ever had. Eric and Natalia had sex, thats it, once or maybe even twice... but thats all it ever was between them... sex. There was never any deep feelings, certainly not love, and absolutely nothing like what Eric and Calleigh have and feel for each other, that deep bond they share, that love they have for each other.

I agree. Unless the writers change who Jake is as a person, he would not rat Eric & Calleigh out. If and when they bring him back, he'll likely go back to Calleigh, want to start back up with her, and hopefully she'll tell him she's with Eric and he'll go back to where he came from. Or, he'll see Eric & Calleigh together, know there's something going on, and leave gracefully. Of course, any promo they show for such an episode would make it look like Calleigh was going to dump Eric and go back to Jake. You know how they like to mislead.

How's this for a thread title:

Eric and Calleigh #35 - He's Her Dude

11. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Jennifer, great minds think alike. I was thinking the exact same thing for the thread title.

I really don't see Jake coming back and outing them. As someone else said, Jake wasn't stupid, I am about 110% sure that he knew that Eric had feelings for Calleigh and vice versa. If he didn't then I guess he was either playing dumb or wasn't paying attention. :lol:

I really hope that the writers do let this relationship with them grow and don't rush to break them up. Sometimes TV relationships do deserve a happy ending and this is one of them. I believe that the experiences that they have on the job will make their relationship stronger and will go to show that no one, not even a stupid rule will tear them apart.

Title suggestion:
    Fly away with me

12. anamarya

anamarya Witness

waw...that two are actually very nice title suggestions....
    trying to stay ontopic (but not always being able to): as a proof that the E/C dynamic is not taking over the show... the extended promo has them in what? less then 25%? that's in my opinion a good sign for everybody.....

question for everybody (you can always ignore me:devil:):
    Do you think that they'll stop throwing disasters in their way now that they're together? or that the disasters are going to be bigger?

13. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I agree.

If Jake comes back I think it will be related to a case. I don't think he will return with the sole intention of "winning" Cal back. Of course, ya know he will probably ask her how she is doing, maybe ask if she is seeing someone. She might try to avoid the question or even answer it directly, in which case then I think Jake will definately put 2 and 2 together and outright ask her if she is with Eric. I see him being jealous, a little hurt...more hurt maybe that he chose his job over her but definately not vindictive. This is NOT a soap opera. He genuinely cares about her. He just, not necessarily loves his job more, but like Elicia said; they want different things out of life and have different views of life. Jake likes to live on the edge and Cal is more grounded...a little more focused.

14. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

I like it very much, it's a great tiltle for the next thread.:thumbsup:

I personally don't want any more disasters in their lives now when they are happy together, but I think no such luck:(. You know considering the still existing stupid rule about fraternization, well I'd say it's obvious that sooner then later they will have to face the troubles again. It's sad, but I guess it's something what can't be avoid. I just hope they solve it properly. We have waited so long for this relationship to finally happen that we definitely deserve to see as much happiness as it possible when it comes to Eric and Calleigh (without turning it to a soap opera of course;)).

Thanks for the extended promo.:)
    If I remember correctly at the spoiler was said that they will be holding their hands in Eric's daydream and in this promo I can't see it. I'm curious if they just didn't show it in promo or maybe they unfortunately changed the scene a little bit and they won't be holding hands. :confused:
    Anyhow I'm glad, that they didn't cut out this scene.:)

15. Maria-EC

Maria-EC Hit and Run

I agree, I am glad they put it in the promo:D Even though they're not holding hands, mybe we'll see Eric take her hand or something, or maybe Calleigh takes his..? :)
    At least we're getting a pretty good smile from Calleigh! :)

When it comes to the thing with Jake, I agree with everyone, it will probably be case related. Hopefully of course, I hope we don't see him again. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.