Big Season Finale Spoiler *MAJOR SPOILER*

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Top41, Mar 5, 2009.

?

Who do you think will die in the season finale of CSI: NY?

1. Mac Taylor

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  2. Stella Bonasera

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  3. Danny Messer

12 vote(s)
    5.5%
  4. Lindsay Monroe

80 vote(s)
    36.7%
  5. Sheldon Hawkes

20 vote(s)
    9.2%
  6. Don Flack

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  7. Adam Ross

5 vote(s)
    2.3%
  8. Sid Hammerback

2 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Jessica Angell

90 vote(s)
    41.3%
  1. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

CSI shows do have a tendency to exaggerate when they say things like "we'll lose one of our own" or "a member of our family." They've vague enough that it can encompass anyone, and what ends up happening is that a lot of people tune in because they're expecting a big death. It's all about the hype. ;)

2. Curiosity

Curiosity Prime Suspect

Well, I think it's Angell, too. I've also suspected she might be badly hurt during the unauthorized Greek coin sting, and her death would have a significant impact on the relationships between Stella, Flack, and Mac and possibly also on Stella's career.

Of the main cast, my guess would be Lindsay or Hawkes, but neither are detectives, and I don't see how they would make it work for either unless it's some type of "wrong place at the wrong time" scenario.

I agree. I think he's talking about two different episodes / cases.

That's my current thinking as well. Based on previous spoilers, I thought the finale was supposed to focus only on the Greek coin storyline. Now it sounds like Dunbrook might be appearing in the finale, which means both the flashdrive (assuming he's involved) and Greek coin storylines could be resolved in the same episode. This leads me to believe they're planning to somehow incorporate both storylines into the last two episodes. But I guess we'll see if and when spoilers for 5.23 come out.

3. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Yep you're so right :cool:. I do think it'll be a recurring character more so than a regular cast member. I would have to go with Angell (which would totally suck BTW), cause of all the Greek stuff and her involvement. But if it where a cast member (I actually did vote for a cast member) I would have to say either Hawkes or Lindsay. I don't really care for Lindsay but I wouldn't want it to be her cause it would create way too much drama and Danny angst :rolleyes: and we've had enough as it is with D/L. So either Angell :( or Hawkes, who for me is on the meh side.

4. mjszud

mjszud Captain

Is it possible that this "losing a member of the family" is more of someone who will face a tragic death but come out of it alive, & then just choose to leave the department?

I would almost guess Lindsay, only because it doesn't seem like there's any big story there for her except to be Danny's wife/mother of child. That doesn't exactly fit into a crime show very well. Where do they go with it, & how will it spring into the mix of crime? Just something that baffles me...anyway...

I can see the possibility of Angell too (though I adore her), but at the same time I'm wondering why they would've started her & Flack having thier "relationship" if she was leaving. I guess, in my opinion, it would be like leaving some loose ends for her character.

It will interesting to see who it is, & what comes of it.

5. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

The only way I could see them (at this point) killing off Lindsay (unless she has the baby before the season finale) is for her to die in childbirth. But, I agree that it would cause more Danny angst and we had enough of that with the whole Rueben thing.

I had another thought. We know that Don is a junior, so maybe they'll kill off his father Don Sr. And we won't actually see the body and someone will say "Don Flack has been murdered". The team will start to freak out and then Don (Jr) will walk in and say "what's going on?" And then they'll find out it was his dad, not him. Or maybe they could leave it as a cliffhanger making the viewers think our Don is dead and then next season premiere, they'll reveal that it was Don Sr who died, not our Don. :)

6. mjszud

mjszud Captain

That just gave me the image of Demi Moore in 'The Seventh Sign' :rolleyes:/:lol:
    I wasn't sure when she was supposed to have the baby - I haven't really kept up on spoilers for this show.
    Yes, it would be a lot on Danny, given what already happened with Ruben, but it would bring on some really good development for his character; moreso, imo, then just becoming a Daddy & unsure how to balance work/homelife.

It's not that I'm hoping that she'll die or anything, I just have a problem with seeing how D/L/baby/marriage fits into this show.

On another note, I really would hate to see Hawkes go. I think there's plenty more they could do with his character, so that would be a shame.

7. CSIDOLL

CSIDOLL Victim

The more and more i think of this, the more i think it may not be Lindsay or Danny. To begin with, i thought it would be Lindsay to be killed but now, not so much. It will probably change again. :lol:

Since we don't know when Lindsay is due and if we are kinda maybe thinking it may be in the finale, how will they struggle with the baby?

I seriously doubt they will kill off Mac or Stella. I'd be so upset if they killed off Flack or Adam. I wish i hadnt seen this spoiler!

8. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

I don't see it being one of the main people even though they said the CSI NY lineup. It could be Sid, he's not a major major character. I don't know. I don't think it'll be Lindsay although I know there are people who are hoping for that but that would totally screw with Danny's character more and that's way too much drama. I like the Angell idea, mostly because I just don't like the character but also with her helping Stella in the Greek thing like many of you said it makes a lot of sense.

9. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

DAMMIT!! You mark my words, it'll be Flack. He's the badge baby on the show, and his death would actually be poignant, unlike Lindsay, who would expire with a sound like a wino with the dry heaves.

Or maybe this is why they retconned Danny's family history. Why have a cop killer if you're not going to kill a cop, especially one with a "pedigree", even if that pedigree was spackled on with bullshit and kindergarten glue in "The Party's Over"?

10. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

It better not be Flack. He's quite a pull in for the show and they just developed his character a lot more.

BTW, the Lindsay comment was uncalled for, don't ya think?

11. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

This is my biggest fear. I really, really hope it's not Flack. I'm pretty sure we would know about Mac and Stella leaving so I'm trying not to worry too much about them, but Flack... That I think could actually happen and it'll be the shocker of the whole series! At the same time, they have been giving him a lot lately so I think that TPTB do realise how much the audience loves him and that he's such a great and important character, so IDK. Ugh, I don't even want to think about the possibility of being him...:shifty:

12. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

i hate the idea of being Angell because it would make Stella so guilty in front of the viewers i cringed for sure. Besides she has a relationship with Flack and a working relationship with Danny and Stella but nothing MAJOR "to change CSI Line up" forever

i am stuck on Lindsay. It would change CSI NY line up because they wouldn't write another cheesy storyline anymore.

Debbs (i am TRULY dissapointed there isn't a Season Finale for Melina. She deserved it :(

13. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

No, not really. Anna Belknap has consistently proven herself incapable of nuanced, credible acting, and I wouldn't expect her to suddenly turn on the emotional thrusters if she were to die. Ergo, her sublime imitation of an elephant with a fatal bowel impaction.

14. addictedtoSpeed

addictedtoSpeed Judge

What happened to no bashing of actors/actesses?

15. La_Guera

La_Guera Lab Technician

Last I checked, Lindsay was fair game. In my opinion, Lindsay would die badly, and I said so. I made no mention of Anna Belknap until you invoked her name.