CSI:NY Season 5 Spoiler Discussion - This City Never Sleeps

Discussion in 'CSI: New York' started by Faylinn, Jan 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. csifangurl

csifangurl Hit and Run

:eek: :wtf:

That is definately the most ridiculous line! Gah! :wtf:

2. ~Sarah~

~Sarah~ Lab Technician

Mac: You have been blessed with the greatest gift life has to offer

Danny: You're everything I've always wanted. I want to be with you. Let's walk through the door together let's take that leap.

I've got to say that it doesn't really feel like a CSI promo... where's the dead person?

3. PerfectAnomaly

PerfectAnomaly Resident Smart Ass

The dead people must be the audience members who choked on their own vomit watching the promo. I'm guessing it's part of Zuiker's "cross platforming" plan.

4. Faylinn

Faylinn Adam Fangirl Super Moderator

The more I read it, the tackier it becomes. I really don't know how to respond. Except to laugh.

:lol:

Danny must have combed every romance novel he could find so he'd have the perfect thing to say.

Right over the shark? :lol:

5. PerfectAnomaly

And when he couldn't find it he went to the internet in search of fanfiction. :p

6. Elwood21

Elwood21 Pathologist

Thanks for that. :) I keep forgetting how many more episodes there still are to go. Part of me's happy about that, but part of me's feeling that, man, the season's feeling really freakin' long...:lol:

I'm not sorry atall; I really hope that the tri-eppie guesting pattern means we're done with Ella. I'd be happy to see her gone, and give Mac a cuff upside the head for aiding and abetting my exasperation.

I believe it was possibly in Here's To You Mrs. Azrael, Mac confides to Hawkes that his father had sickle cell cancer, I think, and that he was on feeding tubes and in constant pain and begged Mac to essentially end it for him, and he refused.

As for the upcoming 'emotional' storyline with Mac's father, I'm wondering if this could be the one going back to WWII and the whole discovery of the camp, seems like prime ground for an emotional type episode...

Jaysus F*ckin C. :guffaw: Man.

CSINY. Carry a shovel, a towel, and a helmet. This sh*t is messy, and can seriously hurt your head...

I just can't help myself from Pressing Da Button. Even when I know better. And I do know better. I think I somehow just now revel in the ongoing black absurdity of it all.

duh duh duuuuuuuun... Oh the friggin suspense :lol:. Sheesh. Baited breath an' all that. :rolleyes::p

Um, yeah, Messer, she's a Good Thing alright. Whutta keeper.

Sign on the door: Wedding Ceremonies Must Have $25 Money Order... :lol: Well gee honey, you shouldn't have gone to all this time and trouble and expense, just cos ya freakin love me more than anyone else in the whole wide world and wanna be with me - I mean, this shows you planned ahead of time to be a cheap and casual bastard, oh, how my heart is melting...

Take that leap? I missed that part. Certainly is a leap to go from Rikki to a Good Thing to Everything I Ever Wanted. Takes NASA-type launching to manage that. Frankly I'd prefer the screentime given to a dead person... (well, someone did say it was Messer's funeral, didn't they? :lol:)

Lindsay probably thinks Mac was referring to her and not the first franchise offspring... :p

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  7. Top41

Top41 Administrator Administrator Moderator Premium Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I checked out the promo because I was curious to see if they'd promo the case or the wedding. Should I be surprised? :lol:

"Do you have the money order?" is such a romantic way to start out a wedding! :lol: :rolleyes:

8. Faylinn

You know, thinking about it - this is a pretty lame plan on TPTB's part. I mean, all this hype (particularly online) and now with the promo - it might produce some higher viewing numbers next week, but they're hardly going to last.

Most of the people who tune in just because of the wedding and decide to stick around will probably drift away when they watch more episodes and realize such extreme schmoop is (thankfully) few and far between*. And then there are the people who will tune in for just this episode (out of interest or plain old curiosity), and then not even bother to come back the next week. [And won't they be disappointed if they buy the earlier seasons expecting to see a well-developed, beeeeeeautiful relationship leading up to this super-romantic wedding?]

* (Unless they plan to make Dindsay Dantana Messer-Monroe and his/her/its Happy Parents into a weekly schmoop turd in the CSI:NY punch bowl from here on out.)

I mean, that's just my opinion of course, but it sounds kind of dumb. A flash in the pan ratings jump won't get the show competing with The Mentalist or even CSI: Miami long-term. (If we suddenly jump to 14 million viewers next week and stay that way, I'll be very surprised. :p)

Add to that the fact that Anna's maternity leave might even start with 5.18 - they hype up the wedding in 5.17, which will probably consist of just 1 or 2 scenes out of the whole episode, and then it's likely one half of the 'happy couple' won't be around the very next week (and for several more episodes after that)?

Piss-poor planning if you ask me. They'd be better off putting their time and effort into stuff that's more likely to actually improve the ratings for more than a few weeks.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2009
  9. Plenilunio

Plenilunio Lab Technician

Dang, I haven't been able to watch the cheesy CBS wedding video. I've tried using vtunnel, but couldn't. I hope someone will upload it to Youtube soon. I've seen the promo, though, and it's raised a question: is this CSI: NY for real? I mean, isn't CSI about people killing people and the CSI team catching the baddies? I know the wedding will be important for D/L shippers and that there are tons of D/L shippers, but come on! I hope they don't turn the whole episode in a soap opera or I'll need a bucket to puke in.

10. Faylinn

Unless they drastically changed the spoilers, there's still a case going on - hopefully this nonsense will be relegated to the end of the episode.

The case is what I'm looking forward to - particularly, Adam playing hero and having at least one scene with Mac, plus BOBBY being there of course. :p

(Maybe Danny will be like, "Lindsay, seeing Adam with a cut on his head reminded me of when you had that cut on your head - MARRY ME NOW!")

11. Lori K.

Lori K. Pathologist

Its Danny he just doesnt know it yet!

12. Half

Half CSI Level Two

:guffaw:

Okay, I couldn't bring myself to watch the clip, because the only reason I'm watching next week is for the case. The case is what I want to see. It's not like I'm against shipping, as I'm an avid Flack/Angell shipper, but I just hate when the ships overshadow the case. Case. CASE! Damn it, NY, I don't want a promo full of cheesiness! I want Adam and his saving-person-thing and blood and crime and CSI-ness!

(BTW: Cheez Whiz is better than the quotes you've been citing... I think those plasticy string cheeses are more appropriate... or just fake cheese for an Easy Bake Oven... :rolleyes:)

13. PerfectAnomaly

I'm hoping all of this build up with the fan videos CBS has put out and that stupid promo is just a rouse. When it's asked if anyone objects to the union I'm expecting Flack, Angell, Hawkes and a still bleeding Adam to bust through the doors shouting, "WE DO! WE DO! DON'T DO IT, DANNO!"

14. Fruitbat

Fruitbat CSI Level Two

That would be the writers if I ever gat my hands on them...:brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall::brickwall:

15. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

Oh God! you know i love soap operas but GOOD ONES. Not this sort of bizarre storyline where we had to believe they had chemistry, where we had to believe they fell in love and now this:rolleyes:

wedding money order US$25
    Taxi to the ceremony US$ 8
    Common sense ---is priceless!:lol:

sorry. Laughing is the best medicine:lol:

Debbs:lol: (and you later don't want Smacked;) gezzzzzz this is the worst i have ever seen:lol:

PLENI---> this is the youtube link dear to the 5.17. But it's not the same than CBS posted i think (for the first time it is working for me. I can't believe it!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HFFq74uzq08

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.