"Kill Me If You Can" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 24, 2009.

1. charm2009

charm2009 Civilian

I really enjoyed this episode and thought it was cool the way they linked all the cases together. I think Liz Vassey had a bigger part in this episode working with Laurence Fishburne at the crime scene which is great!! She's very attractive and adds a lot to the show.

2. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Huh? What? Brass has a brother? I must have missed that entire conversation somehow.

Vartann only had two scenes and personally that wasn't enough for me. :D I want him added to the main cast like Sofia used to be. As for Cavaliere, he might have had more scenes, I dunno.

Brass had like a bunch of scenes (which is abnormal lol pleasantly so in this case), Hodges like last week only had one scene. I dunno, I thought once again it was pretty balanced. I love that Wendy got so many scenes, that's a rarity. As for those in the opening credits with the theme song, Riley got the shortest number of scenes. I think she had less than five. Everyone else with the exception of Doc had over five scenes I think. So, it was fairly balanced to me.

The title thing annoyed me. This isn't Law and Order, people. :lol: Or actually L&O only tells the location/time or whatever. This was more like they did on Frasier. :lol: It just bugged the crap out of me. :lol:

Review:

Maggots in the dust pan? Gross!

Man, I thought that old guy was gonna get hit by that vehicle.

Strange looking void in that blood on the floor.

Aww, kitty! Love Wendy talking to it. The way she said hey to it was cute.

"Don't eat the evidence." :lol:

"And I thought dogs would eat anything." haha!

Brass: This is how I clean up the planet. :adore:

Mandy and Hodges' bantering was funny. Loved Mandy telling him the turtle was traumatized by him. haha!

Vartann to Wendy about suspect: Is he hitting on you?
    Wendy: Yeah, but not very well. :lol:

John Schneider shirtless. :drool:

Aw, poor SuperDave.

A dog, a turtle and a cat all named Gareth. sounds like the opening to a bad joke. :lol:

I love the scene where Greg, Nick, Riley and Ray are all working in the same room at the same time. These kinds of scenes are what Miami has been missing as of late. :)

Yep, just as I thought, Gareth is the one who is dead and the other is impersonating him. Saw that coming a mile away. Predictable.

Brass: You're just one lie wrapped in another. :lol:

Suspect: It's the truth, I swear to God. Even if it never happened." :wtf: :confused: That made no sense to me. :lol: Was that the point?

Next week's ep looks good. :)

Okay, seriously I missed this somehow. Maybe I didn't get back in the room quickly enough or something. :lol: Gonna have to watch that again.

That happened to me once with Supernatural, only it wasn't a recording, it was while it was actually on. I was recording it and watching it at the same time. I later had to watch with the close captioning on so I'd know what they were saying.

:lol: Yeah, Mandy was funny in that scene. Loved her. Wish they'd given her more than one scene though.

Funny thing: Last week on Bones there was something about a toad and one person kept calling it a frog and Hodgins kept correcting them and saying "toad" and someone asked what the difference was between a frog and a toad. Well what's the difference between a turtle and a tortoise? Is there a difference? :lol:

3. DCFB

DCFB Victim

The show was a little confusing. I thought Ray and Wendy were a good team as well. I hope they have more scenes together. Ray seemed more at ease, and Wendy adds some levity to her scenes.

4. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Generally, turtles live in salt water (with the exception of box turtles and terrapins) and tortoises live on land or in fresh water.
    More info on it

5. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

This episode was okay. It was also slightly confusing.

I did think it was odd that Ray was working with Wendy. Being a CSI Level 1 he really should have had one of the other CSI Level 3's with him. But they worked together nicely, nonetheless.

I always love Catherine and Greg working together but they did not really have any great scenes, except finding the tortoise. Nice to see John Schneider but overall I was not thrilled with character he played.

Lots of interrogation scenes in this episode.

Poor Super Dave, not so super with his back. Nice to see a little reality type thing like a bad back thrown into the show. The last case, with Nick and Riley, that is where the storyline lost me. I mean I get the brother ended up impersonating the other brother but still it confused me. Maybe because I really did not care for the reasoning behind it.

So far this is probably my 2nd least favorite episode of the season.

Next week looks good though. :D

6. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

Something that sort of confused me...the scene where Nick and Cavaliere are watching the dvd of Ryan whatshisface that is Nick's office right? Cause the window behind him I never noticed before when it used to be Grissom's office

7. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Now after watching the episode, I think I can say I wasn't confused until the very end, with the whole solution to the case. I thought Michael Weston did a great job with his character, but I thought the sub-episode titles were a bit cheesy. "4x4" and "Toe Tags" were interesting episodes in the way the story unfolded, and I think this one was different from those two besides the fact that this episode just had three cases as opposed to four. The way it just connected to one case and all.

I give it a B.

8. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

Well, Grissom had more bookcases than a library. :lol: Maybe one of them covered the window up when he was in the office.

9. Backtracker

Backtracker Victim

It may not have made much sense pairing Wendy with Langston, but I liked them together. Besides, there were hints about her going out in the field last season so really, it's about time. I also liked the scene with Mandy, Catherine and Hodges with the tortoise. Not the best episode ever but entertaining.

10. csifangurl

csifangurl Hit and Run

I really found this episode very confusing. It seemed very disconnected and not very well thought out. Even at the end, it was like :wtf:.

The rewinding between cases did remind me of "4x4". But while that episode I liked, and it seemed to actually flow pretty well, this one did not.

Hopefully they will do better next week.

11. Misscrankypants

Misscrankypants Hit and Run

What was this episode about? All I saw was a bunch of pairings that made absolutly no sense and One of the Dukes crying.:rolleyes:
    Did I miss a time warp where Ray got actual experiance?
    Over all this episode was just so disjointed and confusing I kept switching to HGTV.
    Next week the previews make a big deal about Swift all I can think is that Nick's going to cry.

12. idahomom

idahomom Hit and Run

I couldn't agree more that it was missing the whimsy that made the other episodes.
    4x4 is one of my favorite episodes. I enjoy it even more after watching it the commentary in the DVD set.

With that said, this episode not so much. I was glad everyone got screen time, just didn't seem like enough. When is Greg going to supervisor/assist Ray? I like Wendy in the field and wonder why Hodges is getting less time? Episode had potential, but not well executed. Is the title a play on "Catch me if you can" about the forgerer?

Hopefully next weeks will be better...

13. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

I would just like to add that there is alot of discussion on Ray being alone without a seasoned CSI, but actually there is one there techniqually and it might be enough for Catherine. In a lot if not most of the scenes he [Ray] goes to Brass is there, and before Grissom took over as head of CSI, Brass was the head of CSI. So maybe in Catherines eyes that is the samething.

Lets not forget that Holly was a different time, who is to say that things (ie regulations) couldn't have changed. Plus I believe that Warrick had to shadow Holly more because he mouthed off to Brass and this was his so called punishment. As to Greg he learned on the Job (listening, watching) from others, and his classes. They might have taken Gregs psycological into effect, again another time, and regulations could have changed more.

Given Rays Profession before Joining CSI, the training he went through, and maybe there is something in his past that qualifies him even further or proves that he could be on his own. So then why is he only a level one, well that could be simple, he might have all that, but he wasn't from an actual CSI therefore for all the qualifications he is still a newbie in the sense of levels to work.

But all that is just my guess, who really knows maybe Grissom had one set of standards, and Catherine has another set when it comes to who does what. Won't know unless it is revealed.

14. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I agree. Ray is a medical doctor and is overqualified for the job of CSI Level One, but I guess that gives him a leg up on the others who started out with a science degree and nothing but.

Catherine's a much different leader than Grissom. She delegates a little bit more and has a lot of faith in her team.

15. fran48

fran48 Civilian

I'd like to see more of Wendy. She's a seasoned actor and could bring a lot more to the show...as a field evidence collector.