"Kill Me If You Can" Discussion *SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'CSI: Crime Scene Investigation' started by Destiny, Feb 24, 2009.

1. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I loved Wendy. She and Ray made a good team and had good chemistry. I thought the actor that played the main bad guy did an excellent job.

Other than that, I thought it was an awful episode. What made other episodes, like 4x4 and Toe Tags, that utilized so many storylines work was, IMO, an element of whimsy. This episode was sorely lacking that, which was especially surprising given that multiple credits went to the BSG guys (love that show). I also found that the efforts to connect the cases was rather confusing. There were too many factors that had to be remembered for the duration of the episode. The pacing also seemed too slow and just plain off, IMO. Overall, to borrow from Wendy, it felt like a jigsaw puzzle and just didn't quite fit together as a meaningful or enjoyable whole in the end. The plotline was just too convuluted.

While I enjoy appearances by recurring characters like Caveliere and Vartann and think that the actors always do a great job with these characters, I feel like the number of scenes that basically revolved around detectives contributed to the disjointed feeling. I just find it easier to follow when the same characters are in more scenes and covering the entire case. Not to mention that we miss out on potential for Brass one-liners, which were, IMO, also sorely missing -- and I think there was a lot of Brass-one-liner potential in this episode.

Overall, this was probably my least favorite episode yet. I honestly didn't feel like there was enough of any main character, save maybe Brass.

2. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

OK...here's that review I promised.

But first: John Schneider deserved more screen time. Glad I recorded this episode.
    Now, the rest of the review: This episode reminded me of the CSI: Miami season 4 episode "Three Way". In "Three Way" they showed the case from 3 perspectives. Not sure, but I think this is the order. First Calleigh's pov up to a certain point then back to the start. Next, Eric's pov up to that certain point then back to the start again. Then, Ryan's pov up to that certain point and this time they continued past it.
    Try to tell me that doesn't sound just a little bit like this episode of Vegas CSI. Other than reminding me of a CSI: Miami episode from a season of CSI: Miami I'd like to forget happened and John Schneider not getting enough screen time, this was a good episode. If this thread had one of those 'grade the episode' polls like they have in the CSI: NY episode threads in the CSI: NY section, I'd give this episode an A. Or maybe an A-. Yeah, more likely an A-. I'm NOT feeling that generous tonight, which means A- is the best I feel it deserves.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
  3. Smokey

Smokey Nickaholic Moderator

I'm a little confused, but I suspect I'll get over it. :lol: I might need to watch this one again.

I loved having Wendy in the field. She was so much more fun to watch (in my opinion, of course) than Riley is.

But...how is Wendy out there with newbie Ray? Should she (and he, for that matter) still be with a more seasoned CSI?

And Brass saying he pushed his brother through a screen door because he hit him in the head with a bowl of oatmeal!!! Classic!!!! :guffaw:

4. NHRFan

NHRFan Coroner

It was good, but it too much like 4x4. You ever notice that Nick and Cavelier working together, just like the episode of 4x4 at the end.

5. kaylyne

kaylyne Coroner

I was a bit confused at that as well, but I realized that she seemed to be only collecting blood samples for DNA analysis. As a DNA tech, she's qualified to do that. I don't remember her processing anything else.

6. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

Maybe it's more like the lab rotation Hodges got stuck on more than once.

7. CSIGorilla

CSIGorilla Civilian

We DVR'ed tonight's episode, and when we went to watch it a lot of the dialogue was missing. Couldn't hear anybody talking, but could hear sound effects. Anybody else get that?:confused:

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

I'd give this episode an A-. Once I figured out what was going on with the case overlap, it didn't really confuse me too much. It was a little bit of an odd episode, but I felt like I could get over it.

It would've gotten a B or B+, but Wendy is one of my favorite characters so I absolutely loved that she got more scenes. :)

9. 2lhasas

2lhasas Civilian

I loved the fact that all of the pets were named after the brother. I also liked seeing more of Wendy, especially with Ray, although I agree that I thought it was strange that two CI's who are new to the field would be at a crime scene on their own.

10. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

In the "Pilot", Holly Gribbs was a newbie who had to be shadowed by a CSI that had been in the lab for a while--which was Warrick, a CSI Level II. Most of the CSIs are now Level IIIs except for Riley, Langston and Wendy (and Hodges). So it would have had to be Catherine, Nick, Greg to supervise, if I have this right.

11. blackflag

blackflag Chocoholic for Life Moderator

I'm not sure I want to see this one again. After about the first 10 minutes I was putting too much effort into not picking up my book and reading it to really remember (or understand) what I was watching on screen. Unlike 4x4 I just couldn't keep my mind on what was happening with each case. I think I simply got lost very early on because while I was watching the screen I wasn't really paying attention! :(

I couldn't really understand that either. The pairings (Langston/Wendy, Catherine/Greg, Nick/Riley) seemed all wrong. Wouldn't it make more sense, for the credibility of the lab (God - I'm sounding like Ecklie in season 5! :eek:) that the least experienced are paired with the most experienced (which would make in Catherine/Wendy, Nick/Langston, Greg/Riley)?

I did like seeing the Lab Rats actually doing lab work. With the effort to show as much of the CSI's as they can we haven't really seen much of the lab rats doing their jobs. (Still wonder where Bobby D. is though!)

Susan

12. myfuturecsi

myfuturecsi Corpse

I was confuzed by the whole episode.

However, it was great to see Wendy and Mandy in this episode. I liked Mandy trying to protect the tortoise from being traumatized by Hodges.:lol:

It was an okay episode.

13. dandylion

dandylion Hit and Run

I guess it would have made more sense to change the pairings, but I liked seeing Langston and Wendy together. I thought they worked well with each other. There was something cool about their excitement level, given the fact that what they were doing was kind of new for both of them.
    I am also wondering where Bobby D. is. The last time we saw him was with Brass in that lab rats episode, I think...that was a long time ago.

14. CSI ADAM

CSI ADAM Hit and Run

I didn't think the episode tonight was very good at all. There were too many victims and it was just far too confusing. I only liked the scenes where Riley and Nick worked together.

15. vegaslights

vegaslights Brute

Bobby was actually in "For Warrick" this season, when Warrick died.