Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mandystevens

mandystevens Hit and Run

Re: Eric and Calleigh #34

yeah well not everybody gets happy like we are about E/C. Some just don't like them bcz they want them with other ppl or some think that E/C is gonna take over the show, which i agree with you btw, is ridiculous, ppl are not gonna stop watching bcz Eric and Calleigh are together, the crimes and Horatio and the rest of team are still gonna be there fighting crime in every single episode. E/C just have like what 3 mins tops in a few episodes, idk why some ppl are so mad about them. :lol: So thats why i'm here, in my hiphugger family, where we are happy and our ship is FINALLY coming true. We waited so long for this, we deserve to be happy :guffaw:
    Omg i want march like right now. And for some reason i can't watch the sneak peek, not on youtube, and not on CBS.com. My computer hates me. :shifty:

2. alex21591

alex21591 Prime Suspect

This thread really is moving quick :eek:!

I think that maybe the 'relationship' that Emily thought began with Eric after he drove home isn't the kissing, going out kind but rather a recognission of the shift in dynamic between them...The realisation that it could be something more than friendship - and Calleigh ealised that when/after he drove her home. She's had time to dwell on it and Eric has left her to think it over - because he's nice like that. Which is why we got her asking him exactly what he wants - she saw him backing off as a sign he wasnt sure...of course that was obviously soon fixed, especially since they kiss :)

I love the fact that both Adam and Emily recognise the importance of the friends before lovers thing. I know (personally ) a few people who have said that it seems 'out of the blue' or 'sudden', but like Adam said they have tapdanced around this so long and by being friends they already know everything about each other that you learn as you date, except they learnt it in the 7+ years of friendship. So there 'out of the blue' kiss/relationship was just a natural step for friends who have this deep seated love for each other, at first that love was platonic but it changed. Slowly and gradually morphing into something more, allowing them to make the transition into lovers with alot more security of who they are to each other and trust and respect than people who have just recently met started to date.
    Their pasts with each other and with others has shaped the direction the relationship took - who better to be with than someone you trust with every fibre of your being? someone who you know almost everything about and who you have seen grow and mature and become someone you admire,respect and ultimatly love? It may seem fast to some, but i see it as along time coming. Theres only so much that friendship can encompass and allow before the next big step, becomes more of a natural transition. It takes a certain kind of friendship for this to happen, but it does, and obviously the writers,Adam,Emily and we all believed that Caleigh and Eric had this friendship.

I honestly have to say i think that this episode will show the doubters that Calleigh and Eric really are ment for each other, and it will enlighten those who dont see what it is between them that we see...plus we got a good kiss ;)

Last edited: Feb 26, 2009
  3. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I read the T.V. Guide article, and I've been reading through everyone's posts. I think all of y'all have made some really good points. I have a few thoughts of my own, so please bear with me... ;)

Calleigh is not the only one who has done ALOT of growing in the last seven years, Eric has changed a great deal. He has grown up and gone from a HUGE player into a responsible, caring man.

Let's be honest, this was someone who dealt with Speed's death by having random sex with strangers. All of his previous relationships have been superficial at best and random one night stands at worst.

When Eric was shot, he realized that he was given a second chance to make something of his life. He took the second chance he was given and made himself into a better person. Who here wouldn't love to meet and get a shot at Eric? I know I would.

He fell in love with his best friend, and she returns his feelings. That is the kind of relationship that lasts a lifetime. We should all be so lucky...:)

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

Exactly...which is why I say we stay away from the thread....look if you want but I refuse to give them the satisfaction of posting...it is stooping to a level that I refuse to stoop to. There are ship threads for them to vent and talk about how they want a particular ship together and not E/C....there is no reason for them to create a new thread with a title like that and not expect people to tell them to get over it.

Let them have whatever venting forum they want....we are actually going to SEE what we have been waiting 7 years for....they don't like it...too bad...let them hang out in their little "dislike" thread.

They have definately both grown up....they have changed and if certain people can't see that their supposed favorite characters have grown up and matured then what are they watching?

He said the shooting change his perspective on things....near death experiences tend to make one re-evaluate their lives and how they live them. He did just that. I am not saying that b/c of that he HAD to fall for Cal...he just began to realize that she was more important to him than just a friend. A natural progression.

Same goes for her....when he got shot she realized how he meant to her.

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

I really am sorry, but I wish you hadn't done that. It seems to me to be a violation of their privacy, a lack of respect for their private lives. Its okay to imagine how it must have been for them, but to put it down "on paper" and publish it seems rude. Not to mention that its against the rules at ff.net to publish stories about real people, and may be against the rules at Talk CSI to link to such a story here (I do know we can talk about what the actors actually say, but it is against the rules to assume how they feel about something, or assume anything about their personal lives that is not fact ... something to that effect.

I completely agree with all of you. As I've said before, the ugly things being said just shows an appalling lack of maturity. I don't mind a healthy respectful debate in the correct forum, but ugliness exudes a lack of maturity and a lack of respect. I myself NEVER go into the other threads and would NEVER go into that particular one.

I think Marija mentioned the kiss in the promo and how the angle of Calleigh's head changes. I was looking at the promo again and again tonight, pausing it at certain points just like I always do so I can bask in the looks on their faces ;), and I noticed that Calleigh's hands clasped behind his neck with the hand on top above the wrist on her other hand, and in the TV Guide picture that hand is over the other hand... so it would appear the kiss is not a quick one :drool: , and there is movement in the kiss (you can also tell by the way Calleigh's hair is fanned out behind her in that picture).

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  6. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

You're right, we already have our shipper threads to say who we do or don't want to be together.

I've only been a member here for like less than year but this past week is the first time I've seen this much immaturity here. All because of E/C finally going canon. Who would have thought??

Let's just get past it, though and start discussing E/C, not the fact that some on this site feel the need to create a thread dedicated to the disliking of our ship.

7. delkolover

You are right and that is the best thing we can do.....we are getting something we have been waiting 7 years for and shouldn't let some debbie downers put a damper on that.

WE ARE GOING CANON ON MONDAY PEOPLE!!! LET THE PARTY BEGIN!!! :lol:

I definately what you are all talking about with the kiss. ;) I think it can go two ways: 1) the kiss is more than just a little kiss and there is movement or 2) there were a few takes and one take made it into the promo and the other was the pic we all saw in the article.

Either way it doesn't really matter b/c we get to see them KISS :D

8. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

Debbie Downers...cute!

I'm giong with option 2. I tend to beliee that the pic in the TV guide was just that a pic. A photo opp about the upcoming romance. I could be wrong but I just don't see it being a really long drawn out kiss. I think it will be kiss, discuss, go home. But then I have been wrong on many accounts before. :)

9. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

OH WOW! I really didn't realize that it was that bad. Oh well, I am not going to feed into it because it will just bring me down and I don't think I have been this happy in a while (even if it is because of a TV show).

Anyway!

Canon! YAY! I am stoked. My DVR is locked and ready to go, and to make things better I can watch it on my phone too...I will be in heaven :thumbsup:

The only thing I have focused on from watching the promo is the kiss and how pissed off Eric looks. I would like to think that he is looking at Calleigh once he steps off the elevator but hey, it could be anyone. I can not wait to see their conversation at the detention center because Calleigh face just shows how much this is affecting her and him.

As you said delkolover, lets get the party started. I'll bring the chips and salsa :lol:

10. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

I thought about this interview and wanted to recap on the episodes to see if what she said was right so here goes...
    1. Since "Just Murdered" when she kissed him on the cheek, he knew something was in that kiss and I think that was the first time he noticed it from her. :eek:
    2. In "Burned" they locked eyes (bedroom, I wanna jump your bones eyes). :drool:
    3. Then in comes Jake in "Born to Kill". The scene when Calleigh tells Eric she called the hospital and they got into a little tiff over it, she made it clear that they work together and she didnt think it would work between them. :scream: Eric clearly was mad in the scene with her in the apartment and she immediately noticed his jealousy :wtf:. When Jake kissed Calleigh, those feelings came back and that made Eric even more jealous. Eric thought something was going on between he and Calleigh and couldn't believe she chose Jake over him. Since Calleigh had a history with Jake and Eric took too long, she immediately went for the guy that showed her he wanted her. All the while in the back of her mind, she knew she had feelings for Eric but Jake was Jake. :(
    4. Eric pulled back, but never lost his feelings for her. When Jake and Calleigh broke up and Eric made the comment about switching to nights, I think Calleigh then realized how much of an idiot she was to pick Jake over Eric. :rolleyes:
    5. At the end of "Ambush", when he almost ripped Cooper a new head, for the first time showed how much he loved her more because he was willing to cause Cooper major damage if something happened to her. :klingon:
    6. Then we have "All In" when he could barely suppress his anger and fear :( of losing her. At the end, when he told her he didn't know what he would do if anything happened to her, Calleigh then realized how this guy really cared for her because something like that wouldve never come out of Jake's mouth. The sincerity and fear in his eyes said everything. Maybe thats why Emily thought the relationship started there because this was the first time Eric told her outright how he felt. :thumbsup:
    7. In "Ressurection" Calleigh told Jake she wouldn't wait :p because I think she didn't want to continue her life waiting for someone who consistently chose his work over her. I mean, maybe in the back of her mind she did have hopes of exploring what it could lead to with Eric and also knew that she couldn't wait for Jake to give room for that to happen. :rolleyes:
    8. After "And How Does That Make You Kill" his true feelings being revealed :eek: to her was proof of how he felt and showed her he wanted something more than what he was used to. I mean, he thought the long haul. She did give him many chances after that to tell her himself, but I think he was scared because he wasn't sure where it would take their friendship and plus it was Calleigh, tough girl who wasn't to be messed with. She asked him if he knew he could tell her anything (another chance to open his mouth, but didn't :shifty:) and she became confused:confused:. But it was still hard for him to come out and tell her because this was different for him and didn't want to mess things up between them. Plus, she told him since "Born to Kill" that it wouldn't work. I think he was confused :confused:and also feared rejection because she didn't talk to him about what was in his file.:rolleyes:
    9. Finally in 7.14 when she almost died, he came to the realization and we see Calleigh saying inside "finally, took you long enough!". :thumbsup:
    Sorry to write a whole story and state the obvious, but wanted to take you through the relationship and maybe see where Emily thought the relationship started and Adam didnt think about it the same way. The feelings were revealed just a little in "All In" on Eric's side but Calleigh never outright came out and said she felt the same way.

11. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

That's the thing, though... I've seen comments to the effect that it's absolutely awful and disgusting to dedicate a 20 second promo to a TV couple from a crime drama. Uh... WHAT? For seven years it's been about the cases, the cases, the cases, and sometimes even the personal lives of the characters, and now that the focus of ONE 20 second promo is on a particular romance, the show is suddenly utter swill and never worth watching ever again? That's a bit of a leap, I think.

Puh-lease.

Alright, I'm sorry, I'm really gonna drop it now. I am. If I need to discuss this further, I'll take it elsewhere or bring it up in PMs.

You know who deserves to be happy? Calleigh and Eric! *swoons* Seriously, these two have gone through Hell and then some. They deserve the happiness that they're finding in each other's arms.

12. delkolover

Exactly

I am sure they did more than one "take" for the scene in order to get all the angles etc...then again maybe the kiss is more than we think it is....I would love it to be. But either way, I am just happy we are finally getting a lip lock :D

Debbie Downers...you like that huh? ;) I will use it more often then :lol:

Seriously though it soooo is!!! :lol:

13. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Don't apologize! This is very good!:) It's nice to have it all mapped out in a timeline type. I think this definitely prooves that there was no physical start for them in All In but there may have been a beginning of a realization for Calleigh that her feelings for Eric were deeper than she thought. I won't go any further cause this has been hashed out already but, there was definitely something there:)

14. kinkapoodles

kinkapoodles Judge

Guys,

When your fellow posters have to tell you to STOP complaining about other threads and posters, don't you think it's time you stopped? A moderator shouldn't have to come in and remind you after more than one person has already done it.

Also, you CANNOT link to fanfics about real life people. It is against the board rules. They must be about Eric/Calleigh and be PG13 rated and under. Also video clips of the show, even official CBS clips, cannot be posted in this thread unless they involve E/C. They can be posted in the fan video thread.

I reminded you guys a couple days ago that this thread was going TOO fast. I'll remind you again. This is NOT a chat room. Posters are posting on top of each other and that's not what a message board is about. It's also not about obsessing over which post number you are on. That is NOT important.

This thread is for DISCUSSION about your ship. Let's keep it that way. Also, if you're going to remind your fellow posters about the shipper central rules, please do it in a kind way without singling anybody out. I saw some harsh comments on here yesterday.

Let's keep it civil and slow it down please.

BTW, I'll add your thread title now too. I see somebody requested it.

15. mandystevens

mandystevens Hit and Run

YES, you're right. After all these two been through they deserve something good in their lives. So yyyaaaaayyy for our couple. They'll be happy :thumbsup:

I totally forgot that february has only 28 days. :lol: And now here in Brazil is already february 26th, which means march 3rd (yes, i watch one day later :() is finally close. Just a few days to go guys and we are FINALLY ...

Going to see them kissing. And i was thinking about the same thing, about the kiss, on the picture and on the promo is different. But i was thinking, if they put the kiss on the promo, maybe we will get a longer kiss on the episode, idk, either way i'm gonna be happy. After all their lips are gonna touch :drool:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.