Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. squinn1201

squinn1201 Rookie

Re: Eric and Calleigh #34

In the article I think that Emily maybe meant that Calleigh may have secretly thought that maybe there could be something between them. I don't think anything would have happened that night as others have said. I don't even think they would have kissed. I just think that he took her home, they may have had a glass of wine, watched a classic movie and just stayed up talking. Maybe they fell asleep together on the couch. (no late night tip-toe, lol) I think that in "Head Case" when she said that she didn't know how he felt, she finally got to a point where she had enough of the flirting and the looks and she wanted him to tell her himself what he wanted.

I really liked the article. I thought that it was funny that she was nervous about the kiss scene and Adam was like, "we're making out at work. This is great". Very cute.

I can't wait to see what the rest of the season will bring us!

2. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

I don't know about the grin. He seem to always have that look on his face when he's telling H that he's alright. He has kind of the same look when he talks to H in DeLuca Motel.
    I could be wrong....hope that I am....but it's so hard to tell.

3. carolinam91

carolinam91 Police Officer

I agree with what you guys have said so far. I think that something, maybe, happened after "All In" but nothing progressed after that. Then ofcourse that be 7.14 the close to death experience finally makes their true feelings come out.
    Now Emily said that she doesn't think that the kiss they share is their first one (maybe around "All In" was their first kiss; or she said that because Eric and Calleigh are already dating by the time we see them kiss) which is what leads me to believe that maybe they are a) already together by the begining of this episode or b) they actually can still get together at the end of the episode, it is still possible that they are not dating yet in the beginning.
    I am leaning towards they are already dating by the time the episode airs, but who knows what the writers have decided to do.

4. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I think that if something did happen that Eric was the one to back off b/c he might not have known where she stood with Jake or maybe he thought it was too soon after Jake....who the heck knows!! ;) Something might been said between them after All In and then nothing between them was actually done. Then she reads his file and still he says nothing.....then in 712 she really kind of demands to know what he wants b/c she is confused (and now we might know why) and if something did occur, even inoculous it would explain her confusion and her demand to him to say exactly how she felt. She might have felt he was giving her mixed signals.

Then of course she almost dies in 714 and that scares him enough to say something!! THANK GOD!! :lol:

However, I can see it the other way too.....you can't pass over the the "friendship meaning alot to me" comment....I think if something were going on, that aspect of their friendship would have been discussed. Nor, I think, would she have made the comment about "respecting his privacy" and not saying anything about the file if they had talked or something had happened.

Not to mention the tagline for the ep that specifically states that now their relationship has moved to the next level....why say that? or make it sound that way if something had been going on?

Man I don't think Emily knew what she was doing when she opened this can of worms in that interview!!! :lol:

5. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

In 7.03 when Calleigh read his file, I think she was stunned at the depth of his love for her. Sure, she knew he liked her alot, maybe she knew he was in love with her, but I don't think she knew it was an I-want-to-marry-her-someday kind of love, that deep of a love for her. So, yeah... that moment would have come as a shock to her.

In 7.12 I think she said she didn't know he felt that way because she wanted him to come out and verbally tell her how he felt, and that was her way of getting him to do that... but darn it, Frank interrupted. She had a nice recovery to make it look like it wasn't a personal conversation they were having, and poor Eric looked bummed at the interruption. And it's logical for Eric to tell her that her friendship meant alot when the guy he felt sorry for had no one and he was thinking how grateful he was for her friendship all those years.

I think its possible their relationship got to where it is in 7.16 after 7.14.

6. delkolover

Oh yeah :D

I have no doubt that if nothing happened after All In that their relationship DEFINATELY happened after 714!! Nothing like a near death experience to get you to open your eyes and get together with the person you have feelings for.

It was Eric's near death experience to get them thinking about their feelings for each other....it was her near death experience that finally got them together :D

7. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

Yeah, I'm sure if they don't first get together on 7.16 it was after 7.14 since in 7.15 there was no hint about anything.. In 'All in' they probably did spend time together but I think they only talked and maybe a kiss but I'm not sure! I do hope we know when they first kissed tho and first got together:drool:

8. Jessica237

Jessica237 Pathologist

:lol: And here I was this whole time thinking my post-All In fic was really kinda far-fetched! But hey, if Emily thinks it's possible... :D

Anyway, do I think EC began after All In? That's a tough one, and I'm going to have to go with no on that one. I think he took her home, and they might've had an emotional night together, and yes, it was a turning point for them, but I don't think they were together after that night. Because the way I see it, Calleigh wouldn't have jumped into the relationship just like that, right after that kind of trauma, because she's Calleigh. And Eric is Eric; I don't think he would let her start something between them in the wake of that trauma, because he would've been far more concerned about her well-being than about starting a relationship with her that particular night.

That said, yeah, it definitely was a turning point, because that was where the emotional aspect really started to show itself, if that makes any sense. Everything started changing after that - it'd been changing before, but Calleigh's kidnapping really pushed it along.

And, I have to throw Jake in here. Sorry, haha. ;) I find it hard to believe that Calleigh would've felt as though she'd spent months waiting for Jake (as said in 7x01) if she were already with Eric. (Even if we do go with the idea that JC ended during SYG - it still feels off to me.) She was much too emotional when she said all that to Jake, and Calleigh doesn't fake emotion, and she's never had any difficulty telling Jake how it is, so why now, especially if she does already have something concrete with Eric? Stepping away from Calleigh for a second, to me that doesn't seem fair to Jake or Eric. I don't want to think of EC being together in canon prior to 7x01, because I like to think that Jake was important to her at one time and would take time to get over, because I do think he left her shaken, hurt. And the less time there is between Jake and Eric, the more it kinda cheapens both relationships, in my eyes - i.e., Calleigh not needing time to move on from Jake, and Calleigh jumping into Eric's arms while there is still the possibility of lingering hurt from Jake. I want to think of Calleigh being with Eric after she's healed completely from that part of her past, because Eric deserves that too - he deserves her completely. :D But that's just me as a multishipper. ;)

Basically, if there's any sense to be made out of that jumble of words, lol, I guess it's this - I don't want EC together back when there was any lingering hint of a triangle. I want Eric to have her heart solely and completely, and vice versa - these two deserve that much. :D And, having already done the triangle thing, I'd like to think Calleigh knows all about the inherent danger and would wait until it had dissipated completely before letting herself take a chance on what she's wanted all along - Eric. :D :adore:

Even so, nothing is cuter than the idea of Eric holding Calleigh all night after All In, awwwww. :adore: :D I do believe that could've happened, and I like to think it did. :D

I'm more inclined right now to think that if their relationship has already begun, it was after 7x14. That's what makes the most sense to me.

But mostly, I kind of don't want Emily to be right, because I so want to see their first kiss. :D I'm not going to complain, obviously, if we find out that this isn't their first kiss because OMG WE'RE GETTING A KISS YOU GUYS!!! :D But still; there's just something so "aww" about the idea of EC's first kiss, especially if it were to happen after this coming episode, all the Eric drama. :D

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  9. CSI4evr

CSI4evr Rookie

I kinda do agree with people that maybe calleigh thought about her being with eric after All In but i don't think we ever found out what. Also another big part of their relationship was in Down to the Wire where calleigh's evidence wouldn't be able to be used in the case and when she talks to eric about the notes and tells him not to report to stetler to "do it for us" although at this point i still don't understand what it means, it was a big part of their relationship (in my opinion)

i have a question and i am kinda new to this so i don't know if it should be in the spoiler tag or not but i'll put it in the tag anyway

i just want to know when the extended promo usually comes out and if you guys think there will be any more hiphugger scenes in it????

10. C.H.E.A.R.

C.H.E.A.R. Pathologist

Okay, guys I wrote this short story on how it felt to film the nerveracking scene of 716 for Emily. So it's definately different because it's from Emily's and Adam's point of view. It's kinda based off of the interview. How did Emily handle the kiss? Read and find out:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  11. delkolover

Ok guys there is a new thread circulating in the CSI Miami section.....I am not going to go into what it is about or bad mouth it or anything. I am sure you will all know exactly what I am talking about when you go there.....I would suggest we ALL avoid it, avoid saying anything about in here and not give any satisfaction to those who wish to put down our ship.

We need to take the high road here b/c we have done nothing wrong and by joing in on that conversation we are indeed giving satisfaction to those who wish to dislike this ship.

12. Audrey2419

Audrey2419 Pathologist

I agree with you, Jackie. There has been enough bickering about Eric and Calleigh and whether or not they are going to take over the show (which is ridiculous) in the spoiler thread, and I just think that we should stay here in our own Eric and Calleigh Utopia. My new motto is to ignore it if I think it will upset me. I suggest that we all do that.;)

13. CalleighEric

CalleighEric Police Officer

I love how we're already in the 200's and this only what? The second day of this thread? :D

I've been thinking about this...a lot...:thumbsup:

Calleigh and Eric are unlike any other couple on television. I know that people don't always think so, but they have such a deep connection. Even in the first season of csi miami, they gave each other those looks. It was so obvious that Jake didn't really have a connection with calleigh. With Calleigh going through her parents divorce, her father always being drunk, her lab catching on fire, being run off the road, hagens death, jake never really being there for her, speeds death, alex leaving, being shot (even though her vest caught it), being kidnapped, man...I could keep going..but i wont :lol:
    Eric has always been there for her, and even though theyre best friends, arnt most married couples friends too? You have to like the person youre with, otherwise youd go insane ;)
    I think Calleigh is like, "wow. he loves me. he cares for her, and will actually be there for me not matter what happens." and now shes finally reacting:)

14. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Holy CRAP! We are just blasting through these threads! When I joined in...November, I think, You were at like 31. Now it's #34! Probably cause this season is our season :adore:! Either way, I can't wait until next Monday. No, seriously, I can't wait. Like I'm dying of Miami withdrawal...

15. JoannaRose897

JoannaRose897 Police Officer

Well, I'll try to take the high road. I didn't look in the new thread, but the title says enough. It's just immature. You don't see us hating on other ships...:rolleyes:

Anyway

I thought it was interesting Emily thinks that Delko and Calleigh have been together since 'All In'..

I think it was a huge turning point with them sort of like Eric being shot in 'Man Down' and Calleigh being hospitalized in 7.14 (which in my opinion is what has absolutely pushed them to being together) but I don't think they've been together since then whatsoever.

Personally, I don't think Calleigh and Jake's relationship ended in 'Stand Your Ground'..that might have started their relationship downhill.. but I think it was officially ended in 'Resurrection'. When she told him she wouldn't wait any longer. In 'Resurrection' she had also mentioned that she had tried calling him. So, I think she still had feelings for him at that point, but they were somewhat fading. While Jake was off undercover, I think that's when Calleigh and Eric started growing closer.

Which led to Calleigh's feeling for Eric stronger than they had previously been when Jake was still in the picture. Him being away gave Eric the chance to really be there for her.

That is just my opinion.

Monday still feels so far away.:( I'm ready for the episode.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.