Eric and Calleigh #34 - Heating up Miami

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Audrey2419, Feb 24, 2009.

?

Thread Title

Poll closed Mar 1, 2009.
  1. Taking It To The Next Level

7 vote(s)
    7.9%
  2. She's The Right Girl

3 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. He Can't Imagine Life Without Her

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. At Last!

6 vote(s)
    6.7%
  5. Miami Heat

12 vote(s)
    13.5%
  6. Finally!

4 vote(s)
    4.5%
  7. Heating up Miami

26 vote(s)
    29.2%
  8. True love lasts forever

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  9. Not even a horse can come between them

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  10. Even Nuns Want To See Some Action

1 vote(s)
    1.1%
  11. Going Canon, Baby!

24 vote(s)
    27.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VirGodess1923

VirGodess1923 Lab Technician

Re: Eric and Calleigh #34

Thank you so much for posting this! I love Adam, he's such a kidder, but many people that met him says he's such a humble guy. If I were Emily, making out at work with Adam would definitely be the awesomest thing ever. They are so cute together. The fact her light guy had to turn away at the scene meant it mustve been a steamy one! I can't wait for Monday now - WEEK, HURRY UP!

2. delkolover

delkolover CSI Level Three

I said pretty much the same thing in spoiler thread a little while ago. ;) If you can't take the heat or don't like it get out of the kitchen.

Truth is, there is always going to be someone who doesn't like something about this show...hell, there are many things about this show I don't like but I don't go being immature about it....it is, in the end, a tv show

I am really looking forward to seeing the relaxed side of Cal out of all this. A genuine smile, flirtyness and playfulness is something that has been lacking from Cal's chartacter from a long time. One could say she has been cold. IMO she is just being a professional person who spearates her personal life from professional one. It will be interesting to see how and if those two crossover and how she handles it.

Emily said she hopes that when Cal realizes she is with a guy who is going to be there for her that she panics. I hope she does the samething when she realizes that sometimes you can't keep your personal and professional life crossing over....which I personally think is one ofher biggest fears and hang ups.

that is a sneak peek of next week's ep :eek: wow that came out fast!!! usually those hit the web around thursday or friday!! Sadly, no E/C but hey, we got it in the promo so I am not totally heart broken :lol: Thanks for posting! :D

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 26, 2009
  3. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

Thank you for posting this CSISDFlash! There are no HipHugger scenes in the clip, but it is proof that there is more to this episode that E/C. Don't get me wrong I want mushy scenes, but......this is CSI, not Grey's Anatomy:lol: CBS is probably putting that up, after giving us a lovely E/C promo, for the fans who don't like E/C.(*Cough*crazy people*cough*just kidding, just kidding:lol:)

4. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

re

UGH it's not availbale in my country! :scream: Thanks CSISDFlash, though :). What's the clip about :(?

I know I've mentioned this before but I just can't get over how excited Adam and Emily are of EC. That's so great cause their love for it will ultimately show up on screen. Like it has ;).

5. Monica1604

Monica1604 CSI Level One

Wel unfortunately it doesn't work in my country either, what a shame.:(

And yeah, it's great that they love the idea of their characters becoming a couple as much as we love it. It makes the whole thing so much more reliable on the screen.:thumbsup:

And as for the promo, well I have to admit that you guys are right. They are not running to each other, especially Calleigh. But we all were so excited about the promo that we just didn't catch it at first. So much emotions, so it's not so weird we saw what we saw.:lol:
    Though still the kiss is purely amazing. Everytime I'm watching it well I'm melting.

6. Ginnna

Ginnna Lab Technician

Many apologies, not trying to start drama.

I wanted to bring it up to say that E/C has been a long time coming, and a lot of people have seen their relationship building up to this level by the way the show's been written and acted, and it should be expected at this point, not considered "shocking". It's just as legitimate as any other relationships that the two have had, only I think it's going to be more solid and meaningful since it's built on a friendship that's lasted for the better part of a decade. We basically couldn't ask for a better foundation for their romantic relationship. It actually reminds me of GSR from CSI:Vegas, but again, I'm not gonna start chatting about other ships in here. :D

Juuuuuust sayin'...

I think...

It's entirely possible that they'd been exploring new relationship territory since All In, but it doesn't quite jive with the spoiler I've seen on this site about the future episode in which Calleigh has to reassure Eric that the picture of her on a date with the dude on the horse was "before them". Then again, her chosen phrase could mean "before we became an OFFICIAL couple", which wouldn't necessarily invalidate a tentative but unofficial "beginning" in All In.

I'm really looking forward to good-mood-Calleigh too. Then again, we may have to wait a while before she's in a good mood, at least in 716, since she seems preeeeeeetty upset that Eric is shakled and possibly being deported. Hell, any one of us would be pissed if our new significant other was in danger of being taken away from us. Ah, the end of the promo gives me hope. The smiling and the embracing and the kissing! *swoons*

The poll says it's closing on Feb 28th. I'm still rooting for "Going Canon, Baby!" :lol:

I would too! I'm actually hoping that you're right and that I'm proven very very wrong. Honestly, I'd like it much better if it turned out the way you're predicting.

I think, given the way that the relationship has been set up thus far, Eric & Calleigh have the potential to stay strong and tough it through whatever roadblocks and obstacles get thrown in their way. All I'm saying is... the writers may screw with our favorite couple as a means of ratcheting up the "drama". But I hope they don't!

Ah, alright, that makes more sense!

Thanks for pointing this out. I thought there was "running" involved and, after the initial "SQUEEEEE" of watching the promo, I found myself thinking "c'mon, that's a little corny even for my taste" when I saw them "running" to each other.

Thanks for that! Even though my hiphugger heart is going to be beating right out my chest, I'm still going to attempt to watch the entire episode.

WHEW!!! That was a long friggin post. I hope someone (anyone) bothers to read it. :p

7. Leela

Leela Pathologist

Well I actually bothered to read your post ;)

I'm actually very positively surprised that Emily mentioned "All In". It's one of my all time favorite E/C scenes, because I saw something "shift" in Calleigh. Like she realized how important and how close to her Eric actually is. Her smile when they drove away in the car was just too telling. And I'm so sure that SOMETHING (a kiss, lots of kisses, sex?) happened that night. And then they maybe decided to let it be a one time thing? to take their time? (FIC PLEASE!) ... Like Emily said: It snuck up on Calleigh without her consciously noticing it. Until in 7x14 when death once again (finally?) made her realize that he just is the one.

8. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

The Sneak Peak isn't avalible in my country either but I managed to get it so here is the link: :)

Enjoy!

Like most of you I've watched the promo millions of times!:drool: My hiphugger heart wishes that it's Calleigh he is looking at when he is in the elevator :drool:! But it's probably H or I'm not really sure maybe it's just the lab. Also when he is running?? I thought he was running but yeah now that you guys said it , it looks like he is just going down steps and HUGGING Calleigh!! Awww I can't wait !!!:scream:

9. delkolover

LEELA!!!! where the f**k have you been?? :guffaw:

We have missed you greatly :D

I thought it was interesting that she mentioned it too but I think the scene and ep represented more of a shift in Calleigh herself...not necessarily their relationship. While her scenario explains Cal's out of the blue demand in 712 it doesn't really seem to fit. The whole situation could have made them closer and opened them up a little more but I doubt anything physical happened.

Plus it was just Emily's opinion. Now if we hear from Corey or one of the other writers of the show and they say the relationship started back in that ep then I will probably wonder where the f**k I had been :lol:

10. Leela

Leela Pathologist

WHAT? I already made a post some pages ago! In which I told everyone how you forced me to come back here! :lol:

I agree partly... ;) Yes, 712 was a bit out of the blue, BUT - 01. Miami writers? Continuity? *lol* - 02. In my opinion it's entirely possible to have something "physical happen" without making any form of commitment. Especially in a situation like this (in All In). So then, what Calleigh asks of him in 712 could mean something more like: "Are you in in this completely? Are you sure you want to commit?"

But maybe I'm just thinking and speculating about and reading way too much into it all. But then again, I think it's great that everyone can read as much into it as one wants...

Blah...

11. Jennifer

Jennifer Lab Technician

Yes, it is Emily's opinion, but I think she has something there. I do think a deeper relationship between them began that night, when Eric took her home. Perhaps it was just kissing, perhaps Eric stayed with her that night, slept with her... not sex as he may have felt it was too soon for that considering what she'd been through... so maybe he applied the brakes, didn't make any further moves. At that point their new deeper relationship would falter and not progress. Or maybe it was Calleigh that didn't want anything further that night, other than kissing and/or sleeping. And since he didn't make any more moves on her, they didn't progress and things stagnated. Thus her telling Eric in 7.12 that she's unsure how he feels (as he hasn't made any further moves). Just a theory, and I'm sure I'll come up with more theories as I ponder this more and more ;)!

I had a thought this morning as I was lying in bed, in between slaps to the snooze button. In one of the spoiler pics of Horatio visiting Eric in the detention center, Eric has somewhat of a smile on his face... kind of odd considering he's in danger of deportation.
    [​IMG]
    It made me wonder if Calleigh visits him first (before Horatio), they have a moment where it is obvious there is more than friendship to them... maybe a short but sweet kiss, maybe they're holding hands, maybe Calleigh's emotions get the best of her and a tear falls down her face. Whatever it is, Horatio has arrived to visit Eric and sees this, and thus knows there's something more there... and asks Eric about it.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  12. delkolover

Oh believe me I am not saying that something couldn't have happened!! Far from it! I am just saying even Adam was a little suprised at her answer...Unless the writers decide have one of them comment or flashback, we will probably never know if her hunch is correct. But Emily definately gave us something to chew on that is for sure :lol:

Them having been more intimate (not sexually) or more emotionally attached from that point on, would make ALOT of things make a lot more sense!!

13. vickyhiphuggers

vickyhiphuggers Prime Suspect

I don't think Calleigh and Eric have been together since 'All in' because on 7.03 when she read his file she was surprised so if they had been together she would know that he would of like to settle down with her.On 7.12 when he says 'your friendship means a lot to me' and she says 'I didn't know you felt that way' I think if they were together he probably wouldn't of said that then. They could of got together after 7.14 though, I really want to see them get together, and It would be nice if we found out the exact moment when they did or when they will. Anyways we get a kiss in the next episode so YAY!!!:drool:. Like Jennifer sayd in that photo he does look kinda happy but maybe H just sayd something and Eric made a half sad smile, I don't know we will find out on the episode!! and there is so long to wait!!!:scream: I can't bare the waiting!! :scream::(

14. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Hello everyone! I've been following along with your guys' theories on the timeline but I didn't have time to come up with a response because I was at work and they actually expect me to work, can you believe that :lol:

Anyway,

I believe that the end of All In was a turning point in their relationship. He might have told her more things about his feelings that we didn't get to hear. I think after Jake came back in 7.01 Calleigh realized that Jake wasn't the guy for her (or even before that, but just go with me on this one) Calleigh has known for a long time how Eric feels about her so the revelation of him wanting to settle down with her wouldn't have come completely out of left field, it just took her by surprise because she never would have thought that he actually wanted to take it that far. They were probably hanging out a lot more and of course things happen, sneaking kisses here and there but not more than that, yet. Her calling him on his feelings in 7.12 does seem to make sense, either you want me or you want to be friends, but quit playing games with my head. I am still holding on to the hope that they made it official at the end of 7.14 so that would explain their passionate kiss in 7.16.

Ok, I'm done now, I am sure I made no sense at all. :lol:

15. Marija_Magdalena

Marija_Magdalena Pathologist

Do you guys realize that if we continue at this rate we'll finish this thread in less than 10 days?

I watched promo another half million times... I'm still wondering if there's gonna be one long kiss or two short ones. You know how Calleigh is leaning to her right, and on the picture in TV Guide to the left? I can imagine them kissing once (the kiss we see in the promo), then stop for a second and kiss again (the kiss from TV Guide). It would be cute, as if they can't stop (who could blame them, right?). You guys are right about them not actually running to each other. I think Eric might be crossing a street. If I remember correctly Calleigh was supposed to wait for him on the other side of the street, so it's possible that he was just hurrying to cross it. Of course, I'm also trying to imagine their conversation in the detention center. I have a feeling that it's going to be really sweet and mushy...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.