Episode 7x14 - 'Smoke Gets In Your CSIs' ***CONTAINS SPOILERS***

Discussion in 'CSI: Miami' started by Finch, Jan 30, 2009.

1. csirocks77

csirocks77 Dead on Arrival

OMG i feel sooooooooooo bad cuz i never have time to comment on anything anymore!!!!! but i always check this page, cuz is the best!!! :thumbsup:

ok after like years of not posting anything im gonna give my review!!!

BEST EPISODE so far.... love the first scenes!!!!! very intense and funny!!! i hadnt realized how much i missed Alex!!! so good to see her again, and i loved how she corrected Eric, " no nitrous oxide, NITRIC oxide!! oops eric dosnt know his chemistry!!! :lol:

Right now im mad at cal!!!!! we get it, u are great, but poor eric is dying to be with u and serioulsy u are playing hard to get!!!!! come on!! she knows he loves her and nothign, she is waiting for him to say it but as we could see it is can of hard for him!!! (great acting from Emily's part)

is not lust, is LOVE!!!!! she knows that, hell she started it with that little kiss on the cheek!!!! WAKE UP CAL!!!!! if u dont do anything I will!!! i love eric!! :drool:

She was like, yep i heard everything...like a dream, poor eric was like, nop it was real!!!! of course it was!!!!

anyways, i liked the episode, loved, eric's face when she told him she had heard him!! :eek: and im expecting a kiss by the end of the season1!!! it better happen!!!

P.S question, what happened to the promo for next episode?? i thought there werernt gonna be any more breaks!!!!!

2. gottaluvcsi

gottaluvcsi Police Officer

There was a promo for next week, then there's a 3 week break :(

3. vsuga

vsuga Rookie

it's about time Eric and Cal got together... I've been waiting and watching for years. i think it's good that miami finally has a romance that doesn't involve H.

4. Liesbetje

Liesbetje Dead on Arrival

Alright, since I live in Europe I only get to see the ep with a few days delay, so here goes. My thoughts on 7x14

- Ryan looks hot in the jeans, white T, beige jacket. Too bad the outfit 's already ruined in the first five minutes of the show:guffaw:

- Really like the editing on this one. They found a nice way to show us 2 or 3 scenes whilst explaining a process that would take hours.

- Also liked the camerawork. It wasn't as fluid as it mostly is on the show. Hard zooms and all (I don't now the right terms for this in English, sorry)

- Emily did a really good job on this one. It looked... real.

- Alexx. ALEXX! I didn't realize I missed here until I actually saw here. Yay!

- Last scene. Awww. I'm a person that's very touchy and likes to hug a lot. It's nice to have two characters "hug" in a natural, relaxed way. Just like it would be in real life.

- Eric looked so young! Don't know if it was the ligthing or the pink :)wtf:) shirt, but he did look very young.

- "I don't have a kit". Well then call somebody and let them bring one. It would take less time than starting to experiment yourself!

- When Tara begins the autopsy, is she teaching or something? I was under the impression there were loads of people in the room.

- Story wasn't that interesting, to be honest. Actually I already don't remember the storyline very well anymore.

- Natalia is a great character, please use her more! Same for Frank. He's always funny:cool:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  5. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

Did anyone kinda laugh when they were in the warehouse where the guy did those illegal surgeries? Not because of the plot line, but I remember the pictures of that warehouse. I couldn't concentrate on the scene that much because I was thinking, "Hm..this is where that guy took that picture, there was that thing, and that thing..."

6. CoachMom

CoachMom CSI Level One

<Raises Hand> OOoooo! Me too! I was having a problem with that too and because I thought they were spraying bug spray. :rolleyes: Yeah I know...dumb. But I just couldn't figure out what they were doing. Then I was like...ooohhhhh .... I get it. D-U-H!

7. ladyd10

ladyd10 Police Officer

Okay, here's my two cents: I loved the episode and I think I know what went wrong. As far as I know, there was a single writer, Krystal Houghton, and I think she tried to put too much into the episode. There were too many extra characters and plot twists for a 44 minute show. If the plotline could have been more streamlined, like in All In or Man Down, there would have been the breathing time for the other characters to voice concern over Calleigh, perhaps time even for them to take a few minutes to visit with her like the team did with Eric in Man Down. This is just my opinion. Do I get anyone in agreement?

8. Kassan

Kassan Victim

i'm totally with you :D

9. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

That makes a lot of sense. Perhaps Miss Houghton wanted to make sure that there was something for everyone - E/C romance, action, actual plot, etc...but in the end she just couldn't fit it all nicely into one episode. I still like the episode, though I definitely don't think it was the best this season and certainly not ever.

I couldn't focus on the warehouse scene, either. I remembered seeing Caruso's stunt double in the photos so I was waiting for a stunt to happen...:confused:

10. Hollyyo

Hollyyo CSI Level Two

I thought it was fine. I think everything fit perfectly. If Alexx interacted with everyone, it would have taken too much away from everything. I think they should bring her back into another episode and have her talk to everyone though.

11. HipHuggers#1Fan

HipHuggers#1Fan Rookie

I agree completely. They had to fit in verything with the case and then everything with Calleigh. I think it came out really well.

12. Florry86

Florry86 CSI Level Three

I agree in part ;).
    Surely we had lots of poeple from the hospital and from outside and, quite honestly, they were too many. So yeah they could have used less people.
    I also think that probably this should have been a 2-part episode. I mean look at the storylines in one episode
    -e/c together
    -Calleigh in coma
    -the fire scene
    -the MD performing illegal transplants
    -Ryan with a possible virus due to his cut with the staple.
    -Alexx's return.
    They had to compact all of it in 45 minutes wich was a very short time for an episode like this.

But I don't think it's all her fault. I mean when we first had the spoilers we had
    -Ryan asking to Calleigh's replacement how was she and him answering that H insisted she was fine.
    -a fast-working paramedic on Calleigh's ambulance.
    I do think they edited the original plot line and this eliminated some pretty good stuff.

So if you ask me, it's a combination of
    -odd writing (though I liked it)
    -bad editing.

13. lusiana88

lusiana88 CSI Level One

I absolutely agree, they put too many things in an ep...I'm always for the idea that simple is the best! We have had too much but not what we needed!

14. greatfan

greatfan Captain

We probably had too much because everyone wants something different.
    I'm sure there were some that got pretty much what they needed and wanted.
    I liked that there was more Ryan,but not enough team interaction,especially with Alexx.It's probably going to be hard to give everyone what they need.What we are going to end up with is episodes that feel too crammed full of E/C,romance,action and crime,etc.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2009
  15. starfan1

starfan1 Dead on Arrival

I have to agree with quite a bit. This should have been a two part ep, I certainly have missed Alexx it was great to see her again. Certainly do hope the staple does not come back to haunt Ryan (my love).:drool:
    And of course, I could not wait for Eric and Cal to get together it has been taking its time and killing me. I certainly do hope that it is together for good for they certainly do belong together.:thumbsup: