Loved It, Miss It. Hated It, Don't Miss It. Glad It'll Soon Be Over.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Carolyn_333, Jan 29, 2009.

1. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

This thread is where you can talk about cancelled/ended shows that you miss, shows that you don't miss, shows you wish they'd cancel already or they're like ER and you're like me-you're glad this is the last season.

Shows I miss and why I'd love for them to be brought back:
    1...Mutant X. I would love to know what happened to Adam and where Mutant X went since Sanctuary was destroyed in the last episode. I would've loved a season 4. I HATE shows that end with a cliff-hanger. In my opinion, there should be a written tv law saying shows' series finales can NOT be cliff-hangers unless they intend to, within 6 months to a year, make a tv movie or a direct-to-video movie tying up the loose ends.

2...Nash Bridges. That show had at least one more good season, maybe 2, in it.

3...Star Trek: Deep Space Nine. I would've loved a season 8 and season 9, maybe even a season 10. It would've given fans time to get to know Ezri--Dax's new host. I mean, think about it. We had 6 seasons to get to know Jadzia.

4...MacGyver. They never really wrapped up the Murdoc story. I would've liked MacGyver to finally capture and put away Murdoc for good. Or Murdoc finally get killed and this time there be no question about him being dead. I know, Murdoc end up getting his head chopped off and MacGyver witness it or maybe MacGyver tries to save Murdoc from getting his head chopped off but is just a few seconds too late.

5...Dukes of Hazzard, Knight Rider and Diagnosis Murder. These shows didn't have what I would call series finales. Their series finales were more like regular episodes. Plus they didn't make any tv movies or direct-to-video movies soon after tying up loose ends the way Stargate SG-1 has done.

6...Moonlight. This show has the same issue as Mutant X. The last episode felt like a cliff-hanger.

Given enough time I could probably come up with a long list of shows I don't miss. How long??? One page of a thread. So I will skip the shows I don't miss.

Shows I Wouldn't/Won't Miss:

1...The new Knight Rider series. Don't get me started on all the reasons I don't like this show.

2...ER. That show has been on WAY TOO LONG for my taste.

3...24. I heard on the radio recently that Keifer Sutherland said this season and next season will be the last 2 seasons of the series. The only season of 24 I liked was season 6 when Alexander Siddig, who played Dr. Bashir on Star Trek: Deep Space Nine, was on. In season 6 of 24 Alexander Siddig played a reformed terrorist named Hamri Al-Assad who was trying to bring his people together and open peace talks with the U.S.A.

Show I never thought I'd say this about:
    I haven't heard anything about how many more seasons original CSI has.
    Here's what I never thought I'd hear or read myself say about it: I'm starting to like it.
    Maybe I'm starting to like it cause of Laurence Fishburne but it seems to be just now hitting its stride, for me anyway.

Well, there's the shows I miss, the shows I won't miss and a show I never thought I'd say I like it. Now I wanna hear from all of you.
    So...CHIME IN.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2009
  2. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Re: Loved It, Miss It. Hated It, Don't Miss It. Glad It'll Soon Be O

Shows I Miss:

1 - That 70's Show: They could've went on with that show and I like both Jackie and Fez ... but the way they ended the show, didn't like that too much.

2 - The original 90210: That show was awesome ... and one of the reasons I still have a huge crush on Luke Perry and Brian Austin Green

3 - Reba: I think the whole show ended too quick :(

Shows I won't miss:

1 - The new 90210 ... just no ... leave good shows alone.

2 - The Sarah Conner Chronicles ... they need to leave all of Terminator alone ... I'm not even too happy about the new movie, and I'm a die hard Christian Bale Fan.

Show's I never thought I'd this about:

Smallville has always been one of my favorite shows, but since Michael Rosenbaum left I don't know what's happened to it. The action's slowed down, the good characters are never on. It's just plain out gotten boring.

3. Dawni

Dawni CSI Level One

Pushing Daisies - I can't believe its ending its one of the best new shows i've seen its so different and quirky, pretty annoyed about how they have dealt with it as the 1st season was never full and the 2nd is still up in the air if he finale episodes are gonna get shown... praying it does

4. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

I agree about Pushing Daisies and other good series that the networks don't give a chance for people to find. They move these around the schedule and regular viewers can't find them. Or they take a few bad ratings nights and cancel them too quickly. Eli Stone, Boomtown, and John Doe are more examples.

I miss anything to do with Star Trek. Thankfully, the movie will be out in about four months.

I miss the television versions of Mission: Impossible, where there were actually well thought out story lines, not just stunts and Tom Cruise for a couple of hours.

I miss The Prisoner and am looking forward to the new version coming soon. Most remakes are pretty awful, but AMC has some quality shows.

I wouldn't miss Grey's Lobotomy or ER if they were cancelled. I watched ER the first few seasons and then stopped watching when most of the original cast left. I don't mind newcomers in some series, but ER just wasn't the same. Lost interest in Grey's after a couple of episodes. What's good about these series is that they give me fewer channels to record at the same time as good shows.

5. PrincessJ88

PrincessJ88 Coroner

I miss Firefly. If Fox hadn't messed with the episode order or put it on Fridays it might have had a chance

Another show that should have been given a chance is Touching Evil. It was on USA Network it was such a good show. But on the plus side the main actor is now on Burn Notice

A show I cannot stand is Grey's Anatomy. I watched the first season on dvd but after that I just lost interest. Mostly from all the behind the scenes stuff.

6. Half

Half CSI Level Two

-Standoff~ I loved it and the ending felt so much like a cliffhanger to me that I hated Fox for a year.
    -Jericho~ Oh, my show. Why did CBS hate you? They could've at least given us a full second season.
    -Moonlight~ Definitely deserved a new season. It was a good show.
    -Blood Ties~ Am I the only one that watched this show? Although I only watched the episodes through OnDemand, so maybe that's why it apparently didn't get ratings...
    -Women's Murder Club~ It was an awesome show. Maybe it was cursed by a name that better suited its book series.

-I'm sort of glad that ER is ending soon. I always thought the show was about Carter. And then he... left? What?
    -24: I'm just tired of the "24! DO YOU WATCH 24? IT'S 24!". People are kidnapped, killed, a new President campaigns and is elected, and 12 terrorist organizations are stopped? In six days?! WHAT?

7. Ghawazee

Ghawazee CSI Level Three

I love and i miss:

-La Femme Nikita. The chemistry was real chemistry. The fanbase amazing and the crew superbe. They worked with a small budget and still they had time to make worderful things. producers heard fans but at the same time they did what they needed to do with the series. It wasn't a spy drama. It was a psychological drama. Simply Amazing!

I hate :

Silk Stalkings (Rita and Chris's Finale)-->It wasn't a finale episode but characters 'finale. Chris and Rita were the best friends, they were cops. They undertood each other, they supported each other when they had break ups with their SOs. Suddenly they realized they loved each, made love and a baby in the process,they got married in secret (because both of them were working together and that wasn't possible). When finally it was revealed they were kept apart having new partners.He was shot and died and she left alone the city (BTW she was an orphan) GREAT STORY with the worst producers ever. How they could kill Chris Lorenzo? He never could have his baby on his arms! And all because they didn't reach an agreement with Rob Estes. And i still cannot watch the final episode

8. Half

Half CSI Level Two

Wow, that sounds like the worst convergence of bad luck ever, Ghawazee.
    Oh, I forgot:

CHARMED. Oh my show. You were so very good, and then season 7 kind of got slow... and then season 8 introduced Billy (who I honestly didn't have a problem with) and her bitch of a sister, Christy (who I had a major problem with). And did I mention that the problems of the Charmed Ones got taken out on Leo? Again? Maybe rewriting the last season and making Billy less of a "bad guy" would make me happier, but since that will never happen I must sadly say, don't miss it.

9. sandersidle

sandersidle Captain

This is an old show put I loved Popular. It re-runs on the Family channel which is how I started watching it. Anyways, apparently the show as promised to get season 3 but it never did because season 2 got moved to Friday night at 8, which sucks so the ratings really dropped. Anyways, the writer ended the show with Brooke and Sam making Harrison choose who he liked as more than a friend, and we don't see his answer but we see Brooke running out of the restaurant. Then she gets hit by a car because she ran into the street and the driver was drunk, and that's how it ends... the entire series, because they were planning on a new season. I was SO pissed. The writer said he would have made Brooke break every bone in her body or something? But if it's not on the show, it didn't happen, so there was no closure to that whatsoever. And while the show was weird and out there, that was just what it was. I loved it and I really wish there was at least one more season so we found out who Harrison chose! I loved him and Brooke together.

10. HellsBells

HellsBells Tormenting Camp Counselors

Shows I miss
    -Pushing Daisies... I'm still so upset with ABC for pulling it. Seriously?
    -Dark Angel... I'm a dork, what can I say. :p
    -Buffy... The last season could have been better, but I still miss this epic Awesomeness.
    -Nash Bridges... such a great show
    -Dawson's Creek... I'm a dork, dur. :p

Shows I don't miss
    -Charmed.. Don't get me started on that last season. Season 1-3 was EPIC.
    -Walker Texas Ranger... The story lines just got more idiotic as time went by.

Shows I won't miss
    -ER... I can't believe you're still on.
    -Grey's Anatomy.. it was good the first two seasons.. but now now.
    -The new 90210.. just go away already.
    - Gossip Girl... It makes me want to slap a rich bitch.

11. WhosLaughingNow

WhosLaughingNow Lab Technician

Show's I love and miss
    Arrested Development - Seriously it was one of the funniest and smartest comedie out there. Glad they will be making it into a movie.
    Friends - I had a soft spot for it
    Show's I love
    Shows I won't/wouldn't miss
    The Office - I'm sorry but I just don't find the American version funny at all.
    Two and a half men - Seriously I don't understand why it's still on... in general I think at the moment the sitcom is dead.
    CSI NY - At this point if it were to for some reason be canceled I really don't think I would care.

12. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

Having thought about, it I decided it didn't seem fair to start this thread then skip the "Hated it, don't miss it" part. So here are 2 shows I didn't like and I don't miss.
    WARNING: Some of you may have liked these 2 shows and that's fine.
    I just didn't like them and I'll tell you why.

Friends and Seinfeld--I tried watching 2 or 3 episodes of each show. I lost interest before the episodes were half over. I never could watch a whole episode of Friends or Seinfeld. I just didn't see what was so appealing about them.
    There was one tiny little thing about Friends I did like: THE THEME SONG.:lol:

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  13. Deirdre

Deirdre Coroner

Oh, I loved this show too! I watched all two seasons. I'm not a fan of this genre of TV shows but Popular I really enjoyed.

I miss the most Farscape - for years were fights about it and it ended with four seasons and the movie. Farscape is my absolutely beloved sci-fi show.

Stargates - just because I have never enough of Stargate, SG-1 and Atlantis.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2009
  14. hiphugger17

hiphugger17 Coroner

Loved and miss:

-Friends: Still watch re-runs and laugh like it's the first time. Though I agree it's better to end it in a high note and not when it's going downhill.

-Original 90210.

Glad it's going to be over soon:

-ER: Still love it, still watch it but it's time...

Please dissappear:

-New 90210. It ended and it ended well, leave at is.

15. Stee

Stee Lab Technician

Shows I love and miss: (this is not a ranking, I love all these 3)

Friends - it is my all-time favourite, I always watch the re-runs if I have time. It makes me laugh whenever I watch even just a few minutes from it

the original 90210 - it was shown here 5-6 years ago, when I got home from school, my first thing to do was to turn on the TV and watch it, I was obsessed with my friend, she watched it too, and the next the we talked over what happened and what we want to happen next

You Rang MyLord - too bad it only had 4 seasons, I still have that 'something's missing' feeling when I think about it, I absolutely love it. I watched every episode at least 3 times, I know every little storylines for every character.

the ones I wouldn't miss:

ER - it's the type of show that was very good at the beginning, but after a while when the original characters disappeared, I stopped watching it, now if I catch a few moments I only see people who I don't know, just another tv-show that's running for way too long time.

Smallville and the Superman (the tv-show, I don't remember the name of)- these are the ones I have never get the idea of, like every other tv-shows based on a movie/comics - it is really hard after a while to maintain it's story, be creative and still be stick a bit to the original at one time - in this case they couldn't do it either, after a while both were so boring I stopped eatching them.