Loved It, Miss It. Hated It, Don't Miss It. Glad It'll Soon Be Over.

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Carolyn_333, Jan 29, 2009.

1. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

Re: Loved It, Miss It. Hated It, Don't Miss It. Glad It'll Soon Be O

Shows I Miss:

Standoff - I loved it! I probably wouldn't have minded so much that it got cancelled if Fox had taken the time to at least really finish it out.

Firefly - Nathan Fillion. Need I say more? :D

Saved - It ran a whole thirteen episodes on TNT before it got cancelled. How are people supposed to know if we like it or not when the network doesn't even give it a chance.

The Dresden Files - Had read the books and was excited for the show, especially after it turned out quite good.

Jake 2.0 - Not really sure why I liked it, but I miss it. :(

Shows I Won't Miss:

ER - It started out really good. But as people left and were replaced it got confusing. Besides how many gang shootings and outbreaks and freaky illnesses can one hospital seriously have?

24 - Used to love this show too, but it got kind of old. Seriously, stopping terrorists and lord knows what else in a mere day is a little unbelieveable if you ask me. However, I do love Keifer Sutherland ;)

2. Finch

Finch Funnier in Enochian Super Moderator

Shows I loved and miss

-Friends: It pretty much ran its course but that show cracked me up so much and I still watch the re-runs. It never seemed to lose the humour, to me, it got better and better. :)

-Star Trek Voyager: Your journey ended too soon! [/Homer Simpson] That show could have easily gone 10 seasons and in my opinion, it didn't really take off plot-wise until the end of season 4. A lot of people didn't like Voyager because they didn't think it conformed as well to the philosophical messages that Star Trek has always conveyed but I grew up watching Star Trek (TNG, DS9, VOY, Enterprise; not so much TOS although I own all 3 seasons of it) and this one was the most entertaining for me in all ways.

Anyway, I think there's just a lot more they could have done with such an interesting premise.

Third Watch: I'm so bummed they ended this show. :lol: It started to go off a little in strange directions near the end but I always found it interesting and dynamic to watch.

Stargate Atlantis: Oh man I just got into this show and they canceled it (or ended it).

Dark Angel: So much potential with this show and they were just getting started. There were a lot of unanswered questions and the show developped quite a cult following, if I'm not mistaken. I'm sad that Fox canned it before the third season could begin.

Hated it, don't miss it

-Seinfeld.
    -Easy Money
    -Jericho
    -Star Trek: Deep Space Nine
    -Moonlight

Shows I won't miss
    -Lost
    -New 90210 (bloody hell)
    -Gossip Girl

3. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

Shows I Miss

Alias - I'll admit I was a cult Alias fan. I loved the show to death. Even though the last couple seasons got kind of weird and confusing, I still would have liked to see more.

Gilmore Girls - I loved it, except the last two seasons. As soon as the brought out Luke's long lost daughter, I was done. It's a shame, though. The first few seasons had excellent writing!

Complete Savages - Oddly enough. It was cancelled after 1 season, and not many people have seen it, but it was actually a funny show. I started watching it recently after Evan Ellingson joined the cast of CSIM, and i found that it was a great little sitcom. The first time you watch it, it doesn't feel funny. I just sat there sort of like...I don't get it. But after one or two episodes I started to understand and then I was rolling around on the floor. It's a real shame it didn't last longer.

Shows I Don't Miss

Eli Stone -I didn't get it and didn't like it.

Heroes - Don't get me wrong I think it's a great show, but I'm already a huge Lost fan. I can't keep up with two of these 'thinker' shows. So I'm glad I decided to drop it.

4. Dragonfly

Dragonfly ~Queen of Sarcasm~ Moderator

Shows I miss:

Dark Angel: I loved this show. It had so much potential. There was so much more they could have done with it :(

Buffy: I loved this show, pretty much right from the beginning I was hooked. However, it's one of those shows that I'm glad it ended when it did. It's time had come.

Star Trek: Voyager: Pretty much everything Geni said above :lol: I know most trek fans didn't like Voyager, but what can I say? It was my show. I'm still waiting for a movie to tell me what happened to everyone after the show ended :(

Gilmore Girls: I didn't start watching this show until the last few seasons (though I had to go back to the beginning once I started watching). I miss it, but I have to admit, it was time for it to end.

I know I had another one, but I can't think of it at the moment. I'll have to come back and add it in later.

5. fo_poozle

fo_poozle CSI Level Two

Shows I Loved & Miss
    -jack and bobby- so it only lasted a season but i loved it any ways. it had a ton of potential too bad the wb was more interested in teen dramas. it just sucks that we didn't get to see the character being shapen into who they were supposed to be, i was looking forward to see bobby as president.
    -firefly-joss whedon AND nathan fillion. doesn't really get much better. the acting was great and the writing was stellar. i have yet to meet one person who has watched the show and not fallen in love with it.
    -veronica mars- seriously one of my fave shows ever, it had great writing amazing cast and acting. theres talk of a movie and i hope they go through with it because i miss this show.
    -dark angel- amazing all around it had a really original and creative premise and it just sucks that it wasn't given more of a chance.
    -boston public- it was great and i wish they would release them on dvd, seriosuly the best show about teacher ever.
    -popular- i'm pretty sure that sandersidle said everything great about it and i 150% agree. i hate when they leave shows on cliffhangers like that.
    -growing pains- best.show.ever

Shows I Don't Miss
    -charmed-i'm sorry aside from the theme song, its all sorts of lame to me.
    -seinfeld-i just don't think its really that funny.
    -boston legal- i have no words for how much i did not like this show.

Shows I Won't Miss
    -smallville- i just can't get into i've seen 1/2 of season 4, and i still can't bring myself to watch it despite jensen ackles being in it.
    -the new 90210- no branden walsh and no dylan mckay, not awesome.
    -greys anatomy- the 1st 2 season were great and then it went all downhill from there.

6. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

Shows I Miss
    -Alias= This show is my crack. i am obsessed with it still even though it's off the air. this was the first show i can remember being a huge fan of. there are good shows on TV now but none of them are great like "Alias" was. no one can even make as fantastic and awesome a cliffhanger as "Alias" could. i remember screaming at the TV when there was a cliffhanger especially the season finales. what i miss the most is seeing Jennifer Garner on every week, she's my idol.

- Veronica Mars= love this show. Kristen Bell was fantastic in this show. every week i looked forward to all the smart ass comments VM would make and seeing how smart this teenage character was.

-Las Vegas= i hold such a bad grudge that she show got canceled. i would be so mad if NBC let the show have a proper ending but it didn't. LV never disapointed me, it was always a garauntee to make me laugh every episode. Sam, Delinda and Piper were my fave characters. last season was so awesome it was getting so good when it got the axe

- Kitchen Confidential- Bradley Cooper was in this show and i adore him to no end. so was John Francis Daley from "Bones". this was funny and very racey.

- Dead Like Me- too brilliant for words. fabulously written and acted

- Pushing Daisies- Damn ABC!!!! the most original show on TV and totally adorable.

- Painkiller Jane - "Heroes" totally copied off of Jane Vasco. she was a government agent that could heal from any wound. she was the Sydney Bristow that couldn't die.

Shows I Won't Miss
    Gossip Girl
    Lipstick Jungle
    Smallville
    Lost (way too over hyped)
    new 90210
    Desperate Houswives
    Secret Life of the American Teen

7. MaddyAnn

MaddyAnn Lab Technician

I'm glad there's a fellow Alias fan out there! I agree, there was no show that could pull a cliffhanger like Alias could. The season 4 finale...I have never seen and am confident I may never see a cliffhanger quite like that. And yes, Jennifer Garner was great! :thumbsup:

8. SpeedyMeg25

SpeedyMeg25 Coroner

I can't believe that I forgot to mention this one last time, but New Amsterdam!

I absolutely adored that show, and have been quite upset with Fox since they cancelled it. It was the perfect show for me: crime solving and history. And it didn't hurt that Nikolaj Coster-Waldau was pretty hot. ;) We don't even know what happens. Is the doctor the one? Is she not? Is John going to die? Or does he still have to live forever? I want to know!
    I think they need to make a final episode that will answer all of my questions. :D I will never be satisfied with the show until they do.

9. Urban Legend

Urban Legend Captain

Seriously a lot of people are saying that they won't miss Smallville, maybe there's seriously something wrong with me for even liking the show, didn't know I have bad taste apparantly I didn't realize I have bad taste and to the person who said CSI NY ... :shifty: sorry, I seriously don't agree.

10. Kimbo08

Kimbo08 CSI Level One

Show's I WON'T miss:
    Knight Rider
    Smallville
    Gossip Girl
    Dirty Sexy Money
    Lipstick Jungle
    Lost
    ER
    Boston Legal

Show's I LOVE
    CSI (Duh)
    Supernatural
    Entourage
    One Tree Hill
    How I Met Your Mother

Show's I Miss and wish were still around
    Gilmore Girls
    Popular
    Jack and Bobby
    Commander and Chief
    Dark Angel
    Malcolm in the Middle

11. MakeTracksCowboy

MakeTracksCowboy CSI Level One

i am so with you on this. New Amsterdam was fantastic. even my grandparents like it and they're kinda picky about their shows. it was different and interesting. i liked how they went through all the different eras and showed what NYC looked like. i think it was his partner that John was supposed to end up with not the doctor.

i miss "The Ex-List". CBS gave this like no chance at all. it was funny and daring. Elizabeth Reaser was so funny and so good in this show.

how is it that shows like "Lipstick Jungle" and "Kath and Kim" can stay on the air but shows like "Las Vegas", "New Amsterdam" and "The Ex- List" get the boot? i guess we'll never know.

12. That It Is

That It Is Victim

Not sure if its been mentioned but we got one season of Veritas-a real cheesy archealogical/indy jones style sci -fi thingy(I know-sales is not my forte right?)
    It ended on a real cliffy, would love to see what would have happened next.

13. Carolyn_333

Carolyn_333 Pathologist

BOO!!!
    Remember me??? I started this little thread.
    I wanna name some more shows I loved and miss, some more I hated and don't miss, plus another show I never thought I'd say something (good/bad) about. I've done named all the shows that, for me, fall in the "Glad It'll Soon Be Over" category.
    The "Glad It'll Soon Be Over" category could also be called the "Wouldn't Miss It If It Were Cancelled Today" category.

Shows I loved and miss.
    "CHiPs". I used to watch Ponch and Jon every week when I was young. I watched the re-runs on TBS every Monday-Friday during the summers of 1988, 1989 and 1990. That was a good show till it's sixth and final season. The sixth and final season was when the :censored: hit the fan.

I miss the "Partridge Family". When it was originally on in 1970-1974 I was a baby. 1970 is the year I was born. Nick @ Nite showed "The Partridge Family" for a while back in the early 1990's. That's when and how I became a fan. I wish Nick @ Nite would start showing it again.

"Shark". I loved watching Sebastian "Shark" Stark and his team try to prove the person they were prosecuting was guilty.

Show I hated and DEFINITELY DON'T miss.
    "The New Monkees". Someone thought it'd be a great ideal to have a new modern version of that 60s tv show "The Monkees" with 4 new Monkees. I watched one episode just out of curiousity. I don't remember much about it except IT SUCKED!!! I'm a HUGE fan of the original Monkees. Been a fan of the original Monkees since 1986 when Nickelodeon started airing them. Back when "The New Monkees" were on in, I think, 1987...those new Monkees got me so steamed I wrote a poem about how much I liked the original Monkees and how much I hated "The New Monkees".
    Maybe one of these days I'll share that poem with all of you. If I do, it'll be in the "Tell Us Something Random About Yourselves" thread.

Another show I never thought I'd say something (good/bad) about.
    I don't know what possessed me yesterday (pardon the pun). But I bought season one of "Buffy The Vampire Slayer" on DVD. It's actually pretty good. A little dark and scary at times but no worse than "Moonlight". And I liked/still like "Moonlight". I've got "Moonlight" the complete series, short lived as it was, on DVD.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2009
  14. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

Show I miss:
    Buffy - Perfect, just perfect!
    Firefly
    Veronica Mars
    Dark Angel - so much potential
    Odyssey 5
    Star Trek: DS9

Shows I WON'T miss:

Charmed - I forced myself through all seasons but really, S8??? :wtf: After a while I just watched it for their clothes and hair :lol:
    Star Trek: Voyager - :wtf: After two seasons of Kazons (not sure about the spelling) and turning the Borg into something laughable I've had enough :scream::brickwall::censored:
    24 - I watched S1 and it was great but after missing out on S2 I actually didn't see any point in continuing and I really don't feel like missing out on something.
    Dawson's Creek

There are probably more but that's it for now

15. andunesilme

andunesilme Lost in the parking lot

Shows I miss:
    - Stargåte. Definitely. The first version (SG-1). I'm a huge fan of all the characters and the original show, so these newer versions (Atlantis, nor the Continuum-movies) are not in this list :D sorry, but I don't like them.
    - Veronica Mars. Okay, I watched this sometime ago, and I'm still pissed off 'cause they cancelled it. Are the producers really that unaware of the success the show had? That is just rude way to end any show. Must admit, though, that if they had continued with the season 4, I definitely wouldn't have wanted to see FBI-VM. And I'm still thinking that. Hope that if the movie-script goes into production, they will do what they were planning; a college-time based movie. Pwease? :p
    - Alias. Second show I was ever really hooked on. Stargate was the first.
    - Pushing Daisies. Started watching this just few weeks ago and I'm sorry to hear it's been cancelled. I heard that there was a chance to get to see the three final eps in PaleyFest09, but I no way I'm going to be able to go there (or even have time..), my university-entrance-exams place themselves around that time. Well, at least here they are showing season 1's eps at the time, so I have much time to watch the show ^^
    - ER :D Can I miss only the few seasons in the middle? First ones and these last seasons are not my favourite, them I really don't miss.
    - Big Shots. Why, why they had to cancel it?! :scream: Just after few eps. I liked the show, and Michael Vartan was in it! Nooo! This is just so unfair. Why they just won't cancel Gossip Girl or Lipstick Jungle instead?
    - Life on Mars & Ashes to Ashes. The British-versions I mean. :scream: They were good! Hope that they will someday continue with Ashes to Ashes, I'd love to see how the show ends.
    - Miami Ink. Me wants to see more! ^^
    - Deadwood.
    - Six Feet Under. :thumbsup: excellent show, shame they cancelled it.

Shows I don't miss:
    - Kid Nation. Ick. Glad that they cancelled it.
    - The OC.
    - Everwood.
    ... I don't remember any other.. I'm sure there's more, but it seems I'm erased the all memories of them :D

Shows I won't miss:
    - 24 !!! So bad. :wtf: The first season was somehow okay, but how can one man rescue the country like - ten times a row? o_O Just in few hours? Yeah, right :vulcan:
    - Lipstick Jungle
    - Lost. Never watched a whole ep, but heard and read too much. The show is totally lost. And bad.
    - Gossip Girl.
    - Smallville

Hmm. Why do I get the feeling that I watch a lot of tv :guffaw: