Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by EricaSJ, Oct 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Criminologist86

Criminologist86 Pathologist

Re: Gil <3 Cath #30: PureJoy – Sexy CSI Soul Mates

THANKS for the PureJoy spam, EricaJ! That really cheered me up...and believe me, after the episode last night *pukes* I needed it...No, I was way more sad about Billy leaving than anything...hence the insane tears....my brother was worried I was like, in pain or something, and then he looks at the TV and goes "Oh...Niagra Falls, frankie"

PureJoy for-freaking-ever.
    And the look he gave her...SEE, THAT says a LOT, when ALL they have to do is LOOK at each other and there is a complete understanding. I would have liked to see more but yeah...

Last edited: Jan 16, 2009
  2. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ No prob Ambie. I aim to please. :)

And you're right. PureJoy for-freaking-ever heh. I kind of expected that the episode would end in that way so I actually feel relieved that it's finally over and everyone can go back to their own corners and continue toying with their favorite characters and pairings. And with the canon pairing gone, hopefully there won't be any more of that shoved down our throats. :D See, there's always an up side. ;) Also? We've got eight and a half awesome years to cherish. Not to mention that Gil will show up when he's needed, which means more PureJoy. Heh.

I have said this, and I will say it again: He left. He's not dead. ;)

3. Criminologist86

OMG Erica that made me CRY AGAIN! I need to take some pictures of me in my haywire emotional state...I'm a MESS! Look what you've DONE, Billy!

Anyways, I agree, at least now they can't shove "that" down our throats...That is a relief, but I'm not planning on watching CSI unless Billy is guest starring (*cue tears again*) so I will definitley be in my own PureJoy corner...The happy place... Even though the goodbye between PureJoy wasn't exactly what I wanted, it was amazing..seriously...Thanks for the pics again...they help my emotional self. *insert watery smile here*

4. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

Although I enjoyed the last scene between G/C and the eye sex that they do better than anyone else, I just wished 20+ years of friendship, moments, gestures, looks, and words had been summed up with something a little more than just a wink. To me, that's when the episode ended and that should've been the very last scene of the whole eppy. The last scene just did not fit at all to me and felt rushed.:scream: Then again, that's the way it's always been.:rolleyes: At least we won't have to see it anymore. Even though our moment was too short for my liking, I think when you look back it says a lot regardless of what happens now.

Awww, those pics remind me of the good times.:) As long as there's breath, there's hope. I still believe we've got something to fight for and I'll be right there swinging until the very end. Purejoy reigns!!:thumbsup:

5. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

I'm really glad that I stopped at where she winked at him and he smiled at her then he turned to leave because this episode ended right there for me. (Thanks to a Canadian friend for warning me beforehand. lol) I know how people wish there would be some talking between just Catherine and Gil. So do I. However, I think what they showed at the end was just perfect for our duo. They never needed words. There was just this unspoken bond there and with just one look, they knew everything. That, is marriage of the mind. That, IMO, was what Marg meant when she said it was more about the looks than anything. Gil was happy to see Catherine finally step up and follow his route, and he knew the lab would be in good hands. I am a shipper, but I'm happy to ship them in fanfics and fan videos. I wouldn't complain if this ship ever went canon, but I've always thought that it'd be awesome for them to remain the kind of friends they had been in the early seasons. I'm still not happy with certain things TPTB have done in the past few seasons, but I'm glad that the once broken friendship got mended, and is going as strong as ever. :)

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  6. karu_mila

karu_mila CSI Level Two

And we got a wink! From Cath in Gil's chair! *does happy dance* That may not have been a hug but it was just as good 'cause it shows that they don't have to touch each other to convey their feelings for each other. Though I could have done without that last scene... it TPTB had stopped at the part where he turned and left, then that would have been the perfect ending, 'cause we know he's gonna come back. *considers smacking TPTB but doesn't 'cause they can still make up for it-- plus Gibbs is probably better suited for the job*

7. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

^ Not only that. I think there was some major tush checking going on when Catherine, Gil, Nick and Ray were looking at the video in the A/V lab. Aw. I love it that they seem to like to have Catherine stand in front of the guys when they have a scene like this. It's just way too cute. :lol:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

8. 19ams87

19ams87 CSI Level Two

Hey GCR ladies, just a quick check in. I watched two certain selected scenes from Thursday's episode. G/C final scene was pretty much perfect, the other, no comment.

Anyway. Just wondering if they had like another scene like I've heard Grissom got with everyone else? Anything? Or just the wink?

Sigh. Like Grissom's gone :(

9. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I think Grissom and Catherine will always continue - because she really knows him, all of him, like other people don't. They've shared things with each other that they've told nobody else - their past, their hopes and dreams - and I think with GC there is ALWAYS a happily ever after.

They've never needed words or actions to make people believe that these two have feelings of each other. That last scene between them was perfect. No Words Needed.

This is our ship, people. And forever, it will sail.

10. EricaSJ

EricaSJ Judge

Apart from working the case, that was the only scene they got. They didn't get to share an alone scene, which was kind of a bummer, but I think Catherine already got her share in 19 Down, the "I knew before you knew" scene, like Brass, Doc Robbins, Wendy and David did. This week they just continued with Nick, Greg and Hodges. The case was really great, though. But yeah, I definitely could have done without those torturing scenes. As I said in the episode discussion thread, those were harder than the skeletons they found to watch.

11. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

"Bb, can I borrow your glasses?"

"And a whole lot more."

[​IMG]

"See? You give me hickeys, I wear them to work...where are your hickeys?"

"Hon, where you gave me hickeys, if I showed them I'd be arrested for public nudity"

[​IMG]

Working off sexual tension. This is how you do it:

[​IMG]

12. Criminologist86

Drumchik: Those captions are HILARIOUS!! Thanks for the pics; they cheered me up :)

*laughs* arrested for public nudity....It's so true!!

13. CSIz_4_H

CSIz_4_H CSI Level One

So it wasn't just me who thought the video they were watching wasn't the only thing he had his eyes on. I didn't think that tv was that low.:lol:

I love those caps! Especially the Bad To The Bone one. If only she hadn't said 'it looks like a hickey', he might have let her hand roam a little more.:devil: It was still a great scene though....and thanks to Dead Ringer, 'Are You Gonna Be My Girl' will always be their song.:D

14. GregNickRyanFan

GregNickRyanFan Holographic Moderator Moderator

I wish they had ended the ep after that look and wink between Cath and Gil. The actual ending was just kind of too corny for this show (tho its nice for the fans who wanted that kind of ending, I guess). Anyway, I always loved the friendship between Gil and Cath and that's really all there is now. But, on the bright side, we'll always have fanfic. :D

15. Stepherweps

Stepherweps The Resident Gleek Premium Member

I haven't seen the ep yet, I'm going to wait until it airs here, in about 9 weeks time... I want to put off Billy's departure as long as I possibly can... Thanks for all of the cute pics you guys have been posting all our good G/C moments... :adore: I'm going to add a few. :D Oh and Anne, I can't see your first pic. :(

[​IMG]
    "Cath, I need help with my tie..."
    "Again..."
    "Well, it's kinda your fault that I'm not wearing it..." :devil: (If ony we'd had a scene like that).

[​IMG]
    So close. :devil:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.