Talk Law & Order Here

Discussion in 'General TV & Media' started by Destiny, Nov 22, 2004.

1. CSINYGal88

CSINYGal88 Hit and Run

Maybe...I don't know. Schizophrenia does run in Bobby's family...so...maybe not so out of hand, when you really think about it. His brother caused him a lot of heartache too.

:(

2. Dynamo1

Dynamo1 Head of the Swing Shift

International Emmys to honor "Law & Order" creator
    Nov 23, 1:11 PM (ET)
    By CHARLES J. GANS

NEW YORK (AP) - Producer Dick Wolf is receiving a special honor at the 36th International Emmy Awards for extending the long arm of his "Law & Order" franchise into almost every corner of the globe.

Sam Waterston, who has appeared as prosecutor Jack McCoy in more than 325 "Law & Order" episodes since 1994, is on tap to present the International Emmy Founders Award to Wolf at Monday night's awards gala.

He will be joined onstage by his co-star Linus Roache, as well as Dann Florek, Tamara Tunie and Michaela McManus from the spinoff "Law & Order: Special Victims Unit."

"It's just stunning. People see 'Law & Order' everyplace," said Bruce L. Paisner, president of the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences. "Every place in the world they have police and some kind of criminal justice system."

The award to Wolf, the creator and executive producer of "Law & Order," will cap an evening in which 40 nominees from 16 countries will be competing for International Emmys, honoring excellence in TV programming produced outside the United States, in 10 categories.

Full article at Iwon/AP News.

3. Dynamo1

Pack your bags, Van Buren and McCoy. You might be moving, Benson and Stabler. From TV Guide online:

NBC may have come up with a solution to its Jay Leno dilemma. The Peacock is expected to offer the late-night host a new show on the network that would air at 10 pm/ET five nights a week, allowing the network to retain the host but honor his contract, which expires in a year and a half.

4. Colonel Worf

Colonel Worf Pathologist

I don't think there's any way that Leno, who averages about 5 million viewers, could compete with crime shows... after the first few episodes. I guess we'll see.

5. SciFiChick

SciFiChick Witness

I agree Colonel Wolf. I'm surprised NBC didn't just buy Jay Leno out of his contract.

6. Dynamo1

Law & Order marathon on Christmas Day, Thursday, December 25
    on TNT cable channel from 2:00am to 8:00pm
    All times Eastern; check local listings for time and channel in your area.

2:00 AM Act of God (season 5, episode 17)
    3:00 AM Wages of Love (2, 2)
    4:00 AM Renunciation (2, 9)
    5:00 AM Breeder (4, 13)
    6:00 AM Kids (4, 15)
    7:00 AM Coma (5, 2)
    8:00 AM Second Opinion (5, 1)
    9:00 AM Precious (5, 7)
    10:00 AM Corpus Delicti (6, 11)
    11:00 AM Double Down (7, 19)
    12:00 PM We Like Mike (7, 20)
    1:00 PM Tabula Rasa (9, 19)
    2:00 PM Dissonance (11, 3)
    3:00 PM Untitled (10, 20)
    4:00 PM Endurance (11, 1)
    5:00 PM Tragedy on Rye (13, 4)
    6:00 PM The Fire This Time (12, 8)
    7:00 PM Floater (14, 7)

7. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

Law & Order SVU alert:
    Alex Cabot will be returning next month for a six episode arc. I for one am very happy. I do not like the new ADA at all...she has no personality at all and I didn't like the way she looked at Elliott her first episode.

8. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

*commences the squeeage*

9. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. :D

I'm so happy about this news :)

hopefully she'll stay for longer too

10. Destiny

Destiny Still Sanity Challenged! Premium Member

Mariska Hargitay Winded by Punctured Lung

Los Angeles (E! Online) – A breath of fresh air is hard to come by in the Special Victims Unit.
    Mariska Hargitay is on the mend after suffering a pneumothorax—aka a partially collapsed lung—but will not miss out on any episodes of Law & Order: SVU this season, according to the Emmy-winning actress' rep.

It's unclear if some sort of trauma prompted the injury or if Hargitay suffered a spontaneous pneumothorax, which can occur if more air pressure builds up in a person's chest cavity than is present in the lungs.

Hargitay's rep said, however, that the 44-year-old wife and mom was not injured on the job and was in fact on vacation from SVU, the highest-rated installment in the L&O family, when it happened.

11. Axelsonfire

Axelsonfire Pathologist

Cool, Law and Order thread! I have to saw I like Law And Order. SVU's my favourite one. I love the chemistry between Olivia and Elliot :thumbsup:

Did anyone watch SVU last night? Awesome episode. I've been liking this season. I've seen a handful of episodes but I enjoyed them.

12. texmex327

texmex327 Pathologist

I watched last night (kinda) and I was confused (probably because I didn't really pay attention)

I love Liv and Elliot together. They have awesome chemsitry.

13. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I hope Mariska feels better soon. I can't wait to watch the new episodes!

14. Dynamo1

From TV Guide online:

Mariska Hargitay Returns to Work at SVU
    Jan 26, 2009 10:26 PM ET
    by Anna Dimond

Mariska Hargitay is back at work, two weeks after suffering a collapsed lung. Law & Order: SVU's foxy detective was suffering from pneumothorax (a partially collapsed lung). She returned to work Monday afternoon, according to People.

Hargitay's condition can be caused by a number of things, including a build-up of air between the lung and the chest wall, a chest injury, a broken rib — or without injury at all. She had been on vacation when the ailment struck.

Hargitay was nominated for both a Golden Globe and a SAG award for her portrayal of Det. Olivia Benson, but did not attend either event.

15. Drumchik

Drumchik Captain

I'm glad she's back to work. It must mean she's feeling better. I hope she's doing well :D