The Fort for Nick/Greg Slash Fans #21

Discussion in 'Shipper Central' started by Deirdre, Dec 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dizzney

Dizzney Moderately Insane Moderator

I was watching Caged last night and I noticed more touching moments between our guys. First you have Nick touching Greg on the back.
    [​IMG]
    And then you have Greg touching Nick, even though you cannot see it, in the scene you know he pats him in the arm, reaffirming to him that he would not be sick.
    [​IMG]
    So yet another episode and moment when the boys can't keep away from each other. :D

2. Fighter

Fighter Lab Technician

I just love the hypochondriac Nick/teasing Greg moments :guffaw: uranium from Face Lift was also precious:

N: Do we need to evacuate the building or anything?
    G: The amount is trace. We should be fine.
    N: Are you sure?
    G: No.

Greggo’s responses to a panicked Nick are priceless :lol: You can tell he knows how much Nick is afraid of some strange and nasty substances and simply cannot stop himself from irritating him...
    bet he has to pay for it later :devil:

3. Dizzney

Yep and Caged was a moment too where Greg teased Nick a bit about being poisoned, but he was not as mean about it as he was in Face Lift.

GREG: This is nastier than I thought. It's ricin, a biotoxin.

NICK: Biotoxin?

GREG: Yeah. (reading) "B chain binds to glycoside residues which trigger
    endocytotic uptake of the protein which internalizes the toxin and begins the
    irreversible effects ... "

NICK: Whoa, whoa, whoa, stop now. Biotoxin, as in anthrax, smallpox? I was at
    that crime scene for eight hours, man.

GREG: Relax, man. It takes, like, two hours for ricin symptoms to show and,
    like, 48 more to kill you.

NICK: (worried) What kind of symptoms are we talking about, here?

GREG: Um ... sweats? Cramps?

NICK: No.

GREG: Convulsions?

NICK: Mm-mm. [Translation: No.]

GREG: Then you're fine.

Such a tease our Greggo is. :lol:

4. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

LOL. I remember the one from "Face Lift". I haven't seen the earlier Lab!Greggo days... but I am trying! x) I've seen clips, so you know, I take what I can get...

I never noticed the touching in "Caged"! I've seen half of it in clips... I can't believe I missed that. :shifty: But I'm glad you spotted it out! :) Ah, the subtext...

I was thinking. I'm pretty sure we've all noticed that somewhere along the series, Nick and Greg slowed down on their physical touching and migrated more to looks and hints at each other. So I was wondering: Where exactly does this start? I've been thinking about it and I can't seem to think about where.... Lol. :)

5. Clarrisani

Clarrisani CSI Level One

Hey all. Just been catching up on the thread and I'm loving the picspam and all the little moments listed out. They've taken CSI off the air again here in Aus until February, so we don't have anything new although Season Seven just came out on DVD (I need to go buy that). I'm very tempted to watch Season Two again, because by far that has had the most moments of The Love so far, although what I've seen on Season Nine has been promising.

Hello to all the new people!

6. happyharper13

happyharper13 Pathologist

I'm writing a story that involves Nick and Greg breaking up after 5-6 years together. What do you guys think would be the biggest issues in their relationship, or what issues could cause a break-up for them at this stage in their relationship? (In the story, I'm assuming that they got together within a year of the lab explosion, when Greg had just started going into the field.)

Also, I promise that they get back together in the end of the story. But I don't think any relationship is ever perfect (personally, I'd think it unhealthy for a couple to never argue). Every couple has issues that cause tension because every couple has two distinct personalities who are (ideally) able to express themselves. I guess I'm less looking for a reason for them to break up and more for what the issues are that tend to cause the most tension in their relationship. For instance, the scene where Nick finds out that Greg didn't tell him about GSR makes me think that trust and sharing might be more of an issue for them. I also think back to lab rat Greg (I think S1) asking Nick if he ever let loose; Nick's response was no. I can almost picture Greg wanting to have a little more freedom than Nick wants him to have; like I can picture Greg wanting to go to a crazy protest/concert/dangerous activity like skydiving and Nick being totally opposed to it. What do you guys think?

EDIT: I've seen a lot of fics that put coming out of the closet as the issue that temporarily drives Nick and Greg apart, but, personally, I don't like that issue as much because it's not as universal. Nick and Greg are a couple before they're a gay couple and I'd rather look at the issues that all couples, regardless of sexuality, face. I hope that makes sense.

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  7. love_fan

love_fan CSI Level One

That's something I so don't want to think about :( but I could imagine that Nicky wouldn't "want" to come out to his parents, the team, you know, that's always a big issue in fanfics.

Maybe both of them were not able to talk about what happened to them (Grave Danger and Fannysmackin')?

Welcome back Clarrissani!

Ah, love all the reminders of the Love and how cute is Greg teasing Nicky?!! :lol: He really loves to upset his baby it seems. Well, if it always leads to boy-touching I can understand him :devil:

8. egeria

egeria This mod is Ready for the Laughing Gas!

My ex and I broke up after 6 years. The biggest issues were money (he saved too much and wouldn't even go see a movie with me), kids (he wanted them, I didn't) and separate lives (he didn't want me to have friends). Don't know if that helps you but those were real issues for us, and eventually neither one of us could or would compromise. I can tell you more via pm if you like.

Good luck with your story!

Hey has anyone mentioned the scene where Nick is talking to Sara about the Lead CSI position and says it was cut because they got some equipment for the lab instead? And he says Greg will be happy with that. I thought that was a real love moment! Always thinking of Greg and his happiness! Very sweet!

9. Katlynn888

Katlynn888 Prime Suspect

Okay, I've been fully shown up, gals! I take back what I said about the glances; there were pleanty, lol!

It's just good to know that we can all scrounge up our own litte pictures! And it's like QOTU once said; we're like a family!

lol. Well, you guys have really convered the glances department, but I was watching "For Warrick" again the other day (cried AGAIN when Warrick died) and I noticed Greg pulling the group picture of the team off of the dresser...And I only just then noticed the way Greg was like DRAPPED around Nicky, lol. Did anyone else notice that? I'm sure you did, but I as like, "OOH!" you know? lol.

I think I may have been in the bathroom when that happened...because I can't really remember anyone on the chat getting really excited, and you'd expect people to be fangirling all over the place after that one, lol! :lol:

Well, this was short! And it's really good to know I still have a place in the chat! :) I missed y'all, really did...just didn't have that much time. I'm trying to make time, though. If only for you guys, lol.

-Lynn

PS - does anyone think someone should design a keyboard with an "lol" key on it? Wouldn't it be hilarious? Usefull, though...

Last edited: Jan 7, 2009
  10. spillednotes

spillednotes Hit and Run

happyharper13 - You're right, the whole Nick or Greg having trouble coming out to their family and the world IS a bit overused, and I would also like to see a different issue; but at the same time, I still think it's a big issue. x) As for other issues... I think that maybe both Nick and Greg's stubbornness would definitely fit in. I think we've all noticed how stubborn they are, and that just pretty much calls for head-butting. And I also think that your idea about Greg being a free-spirit would clash with Nick's familiar and comfortable ways. :)

I also think that work may be a factor. We've all seen how emotional Nicky can get over cases, and it's hard for be to believe that he can let go of them real easily. I think that some cases might drive home harder than ever, and I take Nick as the type of person who wouldn't want to let anyone in on why it's bothering him so much; therefore, in the process of self-preservation, he would become rude and snappy to people around him who only want to help him and see if he's okay. Maybe not a major factor for them to break up on, but all it takes is the foundation to crumble for the tower to fall, you know?

:)

11. LoneWolfe001

LoneWolfe001 Pathologist

Hi HappyHarper, I like to think that nothing could destroy their relationship. But the only time I think it can happen, is if trust was broken/ a betrayal. I do not like to think of either of them cheating, but things happen. Maybe use the hooker that Nick slept with (I do not know if this fits in your timeline). I cannot remember if Greg was cold towards Nick after that.

12. Stokes4Me

Stokes4Me Cute but Pshyco Premium Member

Firstly I'd like to give my idea to happyharper as to what could break Nick&Greg's relationship. Maybe Nick is getting a bit tired and jaded about the work thing wheras it affects Greg more not having been in the field as long as Nick and this has a negative effect on their relationship?

Anyways, am I seeing things here :alienblush:?
    Nick is looking at Greg and not anyone else or the photos right? Perhaps seeking comfort and seeing beauty instead of all the violence in those photos:
    [​IMG]

13. Dizzney

That is a really good possibility that you mentioned. Plus Nick maybe can see just how much his Greggo has changed since he has been out in the field and where conflict comes in, he wishes Greg was a little more like how he was back in his lab days, not so serious all the time. Maybe he takes his seriousness home from work with him. Part of Greg's draw for Nick may have been his happiness and not being so serious back then and now he is more like Nick himself and it bothers him.

Yes, Nick is often looking at Greg in so many scenes. Perhaps he just sees how much he has changed over the years and it still amazes him. Or he is wondering how this case will affect him.

14. bubbles

bubbles CSI Level Two

^ I think that could be an issue. I mean I know they've both grown up with each other, and obviously as they've got older they've changed, Greg has gotten a lot more mature, from working in the field and seeing what they see. I think that in the beginning Nicky could get away from work (a little) when he was with Greg, because Greg was more laid back and .. when he was in the lab (I don't know what word I'm looking for, not crazy, not fun, but you know... just oldlabratGreg) whereas know, they both see the same things day in day out, and both know about it, so when they get home they can't escape as they may want to.

15. Wojo

Wojo Corpse

I hate to think about the boys breaking up, it makes me sad. I don't know what your time line is but one possible explanation for the break up could be the shift split in season 5. They would have had a lot of problems with seeing each other, finding time together...etc. This can put a huge strain on a relationship.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.